2005 TL Radio Keeps Shorting Out/Asking For Code

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 12:09 PM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 TL Radio Keeps Shorting Out/Asking For Code

Battery died a few months back and i had some issues with the radio not showing CODE on the popup display after jump starting. Well I was able to get it to accept the code, but now the radio will randomly "short out" and I am forced to hold the volume button to enter the code again. Sometimes the button will not show "CODE" right away, it will take multiple tries.
Needless to say I'm getting slightly flustered, the radio fuse is good, the "shorting out" happens at random, sometimes immediately after entering the CODE and sometimes 15+ minutes after. Bumps in the road do not effect, having navi/heated seats/lights on or of doesn't seem to make a difference either.
-Battery is only 2 years old
-Aftermarket AUX cord is installed in center console (professionally installed)
-Have correct CODE and allows me to enter it in and turns radio on
-Fuses are good
-Did not have issue until battery died
-Do notice a slight buzzing sound coming from either right (or all) speakers when AUX is in use (Pretty sure only when AUX is in use)
-Will do this on AUX, CD, and normal radio

Stumped at the moment. Id rather not pull the radio if i can help it. It just baffles me that the radio will be fully functional then immediately cut out for no apparent reason. Would a dead cell in the battery cause this to happen, being that its so sporadic? AUX cord issues? Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is my weekend vehicle and a lot of my enjoyment comes from being able to listen to music while out and about. The car is a 2005 6MT with navigation.

Old 07-30-2019, 08:44 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you ever figure out how to get the radio to stop asking for the code ?