Old 08-19-2010, 02:49 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 TL CD player jammed-help!

my cd player is jammed what do i do?
Old 08-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery for about 10 mins. Make sure to keep the radio and Navi codes before doing so. Then connect the battery and try ejecting the CD. Good luck
Old 03-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Cruisin'

so i just purchased a '05 acura tl with the nav/ els 6 cd changer system and love it, unfortunately JUST the other day while listening to my music i noticed it blanked out and after i stopped for lunch the cd's stopped playing, AND ejecting!
The radio works fine although when i try and cycle through the cd's and then go back to the radio it stops working (radio that is), someone please help me!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
Try disconnecting the battery for about 10 mins. Make sure to keep the radio and Navi codes before doing so. Then connect the battery and try ejecting the CD. Good luck

where can you find the radio and Navi codes?

(last week my cd player stopped working. no cd will come out. sounds like the cd itself is stuck and wont change. display keeps showing "format")
Old 03-20-2012, 10:47 AM
10th Gear

Epidemic

This happened to me last month. First I got the "format" message then I got "mech error". The discs just constantly shuffle in the unit but will not eject. I tried turning the car off and holding eject...nothing. Disconnect the battery, reconnect and put in codes....nothing. I took it to the dealer and they said I need a new unit. Coincidentally my warranty expired. I told them there was no way I was going to pay for a new unit costing $600 for a 4 year old car. They then said they would cover it. Waiting for the unit to arrive. They will take the bad unit out and ship it to the manufacturer. The manufacturer will remove your discs and mail them to the dealer, then they will call you for pick up.

As I wait for the unit (been 3 weeks now!!) the radio has decided to give me a new problem, a loud pop then signal loss then it comes back in and I can't control the volume. Come on Acura! Get your ish together!! I love my car but this shouldn't be happening.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Cruisin'

@ Docnito, what where the implications behind the warranty as in did you have a warranty you purchased, or was it through the cd manufacturer???
and where were you at in the warranty if you didnt purchase one...?
Old 12-25-2012, 07:54 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Docnito
This happened to me last month. First I got the "format" message then I got "mech error". The discs just constantly shuffle in the unit but will not eject. I tried turning the car off and holding eject...nothing. Disconnect the battery, reconnect and put in codes....nothing. I took it to the dealer and they said I need a new unit. Coincidentally my warranty expired. I told them there was no way I was going to pay for a new unit costing $600 for a 4 year old car. They then said they would cover it. Waiting for the unit to arrive. They will take the bad unit out and ship it to the manufacturer. The manufacturer will remove your discs and mail them to the dealer, then they will call you for pick up.

As I wait for the unit (been 3 weeks now!!) the radio has decided to give me a new problem, a loud pop then signal loss then it comes back in and I can't control the volume. Come on Acura! Get your ish together!! I love my car but this shouldn't be happening.

the exact same is happening to me right now, please help me what did u do to fix it or replaced it and where? and how much u payed

Trending Topics

Old 01-07-2013, 06:11 PM
5th Gear

Acura cd changers are crap. If yours hasn't failed, it will at some point.
Same issue happened to me on my 07 TL, 100,000 miles. First it started kicking back out CDs, then threw errors, then I inserted a CD one day and it just made a harsh grinding sound and kept the CD permanently. No more errors, just constant grinding.

After reading dozens of acurazine guy's entries, my only option was to remove the whole unit myself. Car toys and other guys wanted 300 to fix the problem. And a new unit costs 500. Spent a whole weekend taking apart the dash with a $10 trim kit I bought off amazon, and keeping all the parts in order in my garage. I had removed the unit, then taking the unit apart and literally ripping out the cd changer motor (looks like a white C cell battery) with pliers and putting it back into the dash. No CD player option now, but with an mp3 player I can still listen through the mp3 jack. If you're handy and have an open weekend, you can fix this yourself. Otherwise you're looking at at least 500 parts and labor to get it fixed. youtube "acura cd player removal" for lots of good tutorials. Saved me hundreds
Old 01-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine was giving me error and wasnt working. i got it to work once and used a lens cleaner disk. it started working better but would still give me error. I have kept clening it every other week since and it hasnt jammed or given me error anymore and this was done first time more than a year ago. the only wierd thing is that the radio will turn off whenever i eject a disc. thats wierd but i just turn it back on and everything is fine.

my recomendation is to try a lens cleaner if you can get the CD player to read it (I had to try the CD, turn off car, and disconnect battery several times before I could get it to read the CD - and I think I got lucky). if your cd player is stil working fine I would still recomend you to use a lens cleaner every now and then just in case.

good luck,

Rolan
Old 01-31-2013, 11:59 PM
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts
I'm having this problem now....randomly one morning on my way to work, it just cut off. Pissed. Called the dealer, and they said the same thing. $600 to fix. Pissed x2. Thought about getting a used one off of Ebay. Anybody know if it's just a plug and play type deal? I have navi too, is the radio and navi separate or one complete unit?
Old 02-02-2013, 05:20 PM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i had the same problem

try to hold down eject and the disc button
Old 02-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts
Tried it, but didn't work for me....
Old 02-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
didnt work for me neither, iv tried everything, i g uesunit is shot. fm radio is getting old. my unit will not eject the 3 cd's inside it