'04 TL Acura TL Non Navi To '08 Navi Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bzyrice
There is the Boyo camera some people have been getting for around 40.00. Here is a link to someone who tried it:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=boyo
bzyrice
Thank you for your information

Actually, my friend sells these camera on ebay for 2008 Honda Accord, Civic, Pilot, even Toyota, BMW models as well. See this bellow
http://cgi.ebay.com/Special-Car-Rear...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 09-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by kenny416
bzyrice
Thank you for your information

Actually, my friend sells these camera on ebay for 2008 Honda Accord, Civic, Pilot, even Toyota, BMW models as well. See this bellow
http://cgi.ebay.com/Special-Car-Rear...d=p3286.c0.m14
that looks pretty good! Post up the results once you install it!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Instructor

that looks pretty good! Post up the results once you install it!
Well, I have 2 choices. First of all, I found mine from a junk yard, $140+shipping that including the whole navigation harness. Second, I need zeppelin77 to post up his installation (07/08 TL rearview Camera), then I can decide to install a 08 Accord from ebay. Yeah, I know that 08 Accord from ebay more cheaper but it needs more work.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:25 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenny, thanks for the post! I'm looking to upgrade my 06 TL Navi system to the 08 TL Navi system with the XM radio/ipod. I'm new to this so i'm looking for some guidance.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Instructor

Wink

Originally Posted by DUTCH416
Kenny, thanks for the post! I'm looking to upgrade my 06 TL Navi system to the 08 TL Navi system with the XM radio/ipod. I'm new to this so i'm looking for some guidance.
DUTCH416

Before you upgrade to 08, make sure you got these parts:
1. 08 Display with a blue connector (very hard to find).
2. 08 Navi brain unit with a white DVD 4.62 version.
3. 08 HFL unit/28P grey connector (it’s okay to used your 06 right now until you find a 08 later. Just unable import the phone book)
4. 08 Sub Display (that’s okay if you don’t have this. Because you have the navi in present. Just switched wire of the 9- and 10 +terminals for the HVAC 10P green connector).

Note: The 07/08 connections, they are pretty much the same as 04-06, same input and out functions, just re-locate it

According to your message, I guess you don’t have the XM button on your radio(still don’t know why Acura made so many different models of radios)If so, please have these parts listed below;
1. 04-06 radio unit (must have XM button to be compatible) check on ebay
2. 04-06 XM receiver/communication cable(you can customize your own for the cable. If not, find it on eBay, junk yard or kijiji)
3. 04-06 Antenna and cable (it’s a bit hard to find this cable for the antenna, because Acura they don’t list the part number online. Therefore, you need buy this antenna cable from http://www.tss-radio.com/honda-and-a...er-p-5705.html please find out if its 1 or 2 leads of your XM unit before buy)

For the IPod /installation

1. Ask the ziner name is uncald4@hotmail.com if you want to buy a iSimple Ipod for you car. (Please explain, your radio will be upgrade same as US model. Otherwise, you end up with part incompatible and waste time and money)
2. To add a iSimple Ipod, this task pretty as simple and straight forward if you planning install with the upgrade at the same time,
Removed the console, aluminums trim, panel, screws, radio, unplug/re-plug the connector, mount the iSimple unit and testing
See instructions http://peripheralelectronics.com/per...HD1_manual.pdf

Note: If you want your car equipped with Navtrafic, PGHHD2C harness will be used. Please speak to uncald4, he’ll explain it to you.

Also, you live in the GTA right? Please pm me and call me if you need help for upgrade!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:10 PM
3rd Gear

I'm excited now! But I'll prob wait till the summer when I'll be able to pick apart the car. I will definitely keep in touch. Thanks for the info!

DUTCH416

Before you upgrade to 08, make sure you got these parts:
1. 08 Display with a blue connector (very hard to find).
2. 08 Navi brain unit with a white DVD 4.62 version.
3. 08 HFL unit/28P grey connector (it’s okay to used your 06 right now until you find a 08 later. Just unable import the phone book)
4. 08 Sub Display (that’s okay if you don’t have this. Because you have the navi in present. Just switched wire of the 9- and 10 +terminals for the HVAC 10P green connector).

Note: The 07/08 connections, they are pretty much the same as 04-06, same input and out functions, just re-locate it

According to your message, I guess you don’t have the XM button on your radio(still don’t know why Acura made so many different models of radios)If so, please have these parts listed below;
1. 04-06 radio unit (must have XM button to be compatible) check on ebay
2. 04-06 XM receiver/communication cable(you can customize your own for the cable. If not, find it on eBay, junk yard or kijiji)
3. 04-06 Antenna and cable (it’s a bit hard to find this cable for the antenna, because Acura they don’t list the part number online. Therefore, you need buy this antenna cable from http://www.tss-radio.com/honda-and-a...er-p-5705.html please find out if its 1 or 2 leads of your XM unit before buy)

For the IPod /installation

1. Ask the ziner name is uncald4@hotmail.com if you want to buy a iSimple Ipod for you car. (Please explain, your radio will be upgrade same as US model. Otherwise, you end up with part incompatible and waste time and money)
2. To add a iSimple Ipod, this task pretty as simple and straight forward if you planning install with the upgrade at the same time,
Removed the console, aluminums trim, panel, screws, radio, unplug/re-plug the connector, mount the iSimple unit and testing
See instructions http://peripheralelectronics.com/per...HD1_manual.pdf

Note: If you want your car equipped with Navtrafic, PGHHD2C harness will be used. Please speak to uncald4, he’ll explain it to you.

Also, you live in the GTA right? Please pm me and call me if you need help for upgrade!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Advanced

help

hey guys i want to buy a navigation screen for play only movies,what i have to buy to play movies,the gps screen and what moore,please help me or the radio play the dvd and i see on the screen
Old 10-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by freetempo
hey guys i want to buy a navigation screen for play only movies,what i have to buy to play movies,the gps screen and what moore,please help me or the radio play the dvd and i see on the screen
freetempo

Please check this out!
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...tegration.html
Old 10-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Advanced

hello

for what is the dvd rom,i have the navi screen,so what i have to buy to make my radio read dvd movies,and is hard to make dvd movies in the navi screen
Old 10-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Instructor

for what is the dvd rom,i have the navi screen,so what i have to buy to make my radio read dvd movies,and is hard to make dvd movies in the navi screen
Technically, It's not hard to add video source to the navigation system for watch movies on your car. But your car is a non navi, and you only have the screen right?
I suggest you bring the car to an after market shop. they can do it by simply adding an aftermarket connect to the unit. it sends the signal from the dvd player (when used) to the nav screen as well as the rear entertainment screen, but be advised, it is illegal. you can get a ticket even parked while watching a movie, not to mention the temptation of watching something while driving. it is a recipe for disaster. Think of others before you make the mod and good luck.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Advanced

ok

thanks man,only i have to buy is a dvd player right,because i have only the navi screen and the radio
Old 10-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Instructor

thanks man,only i have to buy is a dvd player right,because i have only the navi screen and the radio
freetempo

If you want to convert first and then have entertainment after, the items are needed (listed below):

A dvd player with orange dvd disc 3.30 -3.80 version
Sub Display
Floor wiring harness
Instrument wiring harness
Interior Wire harness

Note: You can custom make the 3 harness
Old 10-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Cruisin'

The Navi system link page where it shows the Nav ECU, is that stock? or an aftermarket screenshot. Also I noticed on the diagram of the Navi out of the maintenance manual, is there a direct hookup for a backup camera on the stock DVD player? I have an 06 TL with Nav, just curious.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by lawrencesharma
The Navi system link page where it shows the Nav ECU, is that stock? or an aftermarket screenshot. Also I noticed on the diagram of the Navi out of the maintenance manual, is there a direct hookup for a backup camera on the stock DVD player? I have an 06 TL with Nav, just curious.
There is no stock backup camera hookup on any 04-06 TLs.. only on 07 and 08 TLs.. You have to get the Doms unit to add backup camera. cheaper then upgrading to the 07-08 dvd player..
Old 10-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Cruisin'

Just curious how you get the set up screen like that, the red colour. And the ECU page?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Cruisin'

or is it like that because it is an 08 nav unit?
Old 10-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by lawrencesharma
lawrencesharma
First of all, these are only oem parts.
Second of all, this is 08 navi systems converted from my 04 non navi
And third, I haven't plug-in a camera, therefore, the navi diagnosis showed red.

There is no stock backup camera hookup on any 04-06 TLs.. only on 07 and 08 TLs.. You have to get the Doms unit to add backup camera. cheaper then upgrading to the 07-08 dvd player..
bzyrice
Lol, see this what I got today! I know I still need a sub harness for that.

08 Camera
Name:  08TLCamera.jpg
Views: 4023
Size:  33.6 KB
39530-SEP-A01
Name:  39530SEPA01.jpg
Views: 4108
Size:  34.9 KB
Old 10-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Drifting

bzyrice
Lol, see this what I got today! I know I still need a sub harness for that.

08 Camera
Nice!! I actually have an oem camera also.. but since I got an 05 drive I need to get the doms still.. I want to see how you mount this and how you run your wires!! Get to it!! lol

Im starting my install of my Navi tomorrow!! thanks for posting all the scans.. will help me alot tomorrow..
Old 10-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Drifting

oh btw.. where does the gps antenna mount to? I dont think i saw exactly where.. is it really neccessary to remove the headliner?
Old 10-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Instructor

Nice!! I actually have an oem camera also.. but since I got an 05 drive I need to get the doms still.. I want to see how you mount this and how you run your wires!! Get to it!! lol

Im starting my install of my Navi tomorrow!! thanks for posting all the scans.. will help me alot tomorrow..
bzyrice

I have an idea and I'm planning to install the 08 camera, because I have a RL & Accord instructions. I know these 2 instructions are different, at least there are some guidances from there right?

Please take your time and don't rush it...I wish you the best of luck during the installation
Old 10-06-2009, 06:49 AM
Instructor

oh btw.. where does the gps antenna mount to? I dont think i saw exactly where.. is it really neccessary to remove the headliner?
bzyrice

The GPS antenna is locate underneath of the rear shelf. It won't missed

Here you go!

Name:  GPSantena.jpg
Views: 4099
Size:  87.8 KB
Old 10-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Drifting

Awesome thanks! Just woke up and I am going to start dismantling my car now! I am going to start from the trunk and work my way towards the front of the car..

I dont think I need to dismantle my headliner tho.. Cuz that takes forever.. If I do, Im saving that for last.. Is there any reason why you dismantled it? Was it to put the XM Antenna on? or was it to run the wires for the HFL?
Old 10-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Advanced

i need a sub display

i need a sub display,help 05 tl sub display i need to buy ,in ebay dont have the sub.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Instructor

i need a sub display,help 05 tl sub display i need to buy ,in ebay dont have the sub.
freetempo

This part is very hot, I just sold mine on last week. Sorry!
If you can't find it on ebay, please looking in the Salvage or junk yard. Here are two online salvage yards with a nationwide searchable database. http://www.copartfinder.com/finder/search and http://car-part.com/index.htm You'll have to call the yards and ask if they still have the navi parts (they go very fast). This is a good option because you can usually strike a deal for the other parts.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Advanced

hello

freetempo

This part is very hot, I just sold mine on last week. Sorry!
If you can't find it on ebay, please looking in the Salvage or junk yard. Here are two online salvage yards with a nationwide searchable database. http://www.copartfinder.com/finder/search and http://car-part.com/index.htm You'll have to call the yards and ask if they still have the navi parts (they go very fast). This is a good option because you can usually strike a deal for the other parts.
im from puerto rico,and is very hard so see acura tl in a junker,i have to find this part in us
Old 10-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Drifting

I had to go to the acura dealership for this part, because most junk yards dont pull this piece out for some reason.. its the only expensive piece that I had to buy from the dealer because it was so hard to find.. I purchased it from here brand new for 182.xx + shipping: http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...1=&inputstate=
Old 10-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Instructor

im from puerto rico,and is very hard so see acura tl in a junker,i have to find this part in us
Hey, try this for tomorrow because they are close now

This junk yard is locate in Canada/Vancouver and they'll accept puerto rico shipping. (Say Kenny in Toronto send you)
please call sales desk at 1-800-242-1799 and ask Mat or Eddie

Eddie Petrossian.BA [eddie_petrossian@yahoo.com]
Old 10-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Advanced

about

i need more website of junker,junker of acura tl or salvage acuras,and junker has to ship the pieces,please thanks
Old 10-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Instructor

i need more website of junker,junker of acura tl or salvage acuras,and junker has to ship the pieces,please thanks
freetempo

Name:  ForSale.jpg
Views: 3968
Size:  47.4 KB

Name:  SubDisplay.jpg
Views: 4037
Size:  32.9 KB

Name:  SubDisplayBack.jpg
Views: 4130
Size:  33.9 KB

I've list the sub display with the 05 HFL for sale on the black market and P1 on this thread. No one seem like they wanted them so I listed them on ebay and sold it.

However, I'll help you send out some emails for the sub display. Hopefully, they'll respond back tomorrow. If I get any news, I'll pm you okay.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Drifting

Hey kenny.. i am now 5 hours into the install and have run the custom harness to the center dash console and tapped into the VSS and FCAN hi and FCAN low wires...

I need to take a break because my hands hurt from splicing into the wires.. lol

All I can say is that applaud you for having to install the HFL and the XM too.. because that is soo much extra work.. Now that I am seeing what has to be done.. and am about half way through.. I really see that you went the extra mile doing this.. lol ..

So fat ive only broken 3 clips when removing everything.. all I have left to do is remove air bag.. install new buttons.. tap into the button harness.. run wires up a pillar to HFL .. and tap into the harness.. then test everything.. and as long as everything works out I can reinstall everything.. so i am thinking another 4-5 hours left.. Just wanted to keep you posted!

Btw.. how did you run your wires to your HFL? Did you remove the headliner? Or did you just remove the A pillar and the driver side Sun visor?

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Instructor

Hey kenny.. i am now 5 hours into the install and have run the custom harness to the center dash console and tapped into the VSS and FCAN hi and FCAN low wires...

I need to take a break because my hands hurt from splicing into the wires.. lol

All I can say is that applaud you for having to install the HFL and the XM too.. because that is soo much extra work.. Now that I am seeing what has to be done.. and am about half way through.. I really see that you went the extra mile doing this.. lol ..

So fat ive only broken 3 clips when removing everything.. all I have left to do is remove air bag.. install new buttons.. tap into the button harness.. run wires up a pillar to HFL .. and tap into the harness.. then test everything.. and as long as everything works out I can reinstall everything.. so i am thinking another 4-5 hours left.. Just wanted to keep you posted!

Btw.. how did you run your wires to your HFL? Did you remove the headliner? Or did you just remove the A pillar and the driver side Sun visor?

Thanks!
For the wires to the HFL, you need to remove the interior light, the handle, head interior light bracket and the headliner. You don't have to completely remove the headliner out. Wherever you run the wires is where you remove. You need to remove both A-pillar area so you can put the wires. 11 wires goes on the left-click panel, while 8 wires are goes on the right-click panel. You run the wires from the top to the panels, not the other way around. The hardest part is removing the A-pillar cap. You need to use a small flask screwdriver and slowly try and get it out. Be careful with this.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Instructor

11 wires goes on the left-click panel, while 8 wires are goes on the right-click panel.
My mistake, should be 8 wires to the right and 8 wires to the left. The other 3 wires are for the microphone.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Drifting

ok cool.. sounds good.. I only need to run on the driver side since I already have HFL.. so all that stuff is there already.. I am about to start up again since I have taken a break for almost an hour already.. lol .. thanks for the tips! I dont feel like taking down the whole headliner.. cuz its always a pain in the a$$..
Old 10-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Advanced

ok

freetempo

I've list the sub display with the 05 HFL for sale on the black market and P1 on this thread. No one seem like they wanted them so I listed them on ebay and sold it.

However, I'll help you send out some emails for the sub display. Hopefully, they'll respond back tomorrow. If I get any news, I'll pm you okay.
ok kenny thanks man,all i need is the sub-display of the navigation and if you know someone who selling a navi-tool or something to put the navi to see dvd movies,thank bro
Old 10-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Instructor

ok kenny thanks man,all i need is the sub-display of the navigation and if you know someone who selling a navi-tool or something to put the navi to see dvd movies,thank bro
freetempo
I'll keep an eye for you, bro!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Advanced

thanks

freetempo
I'll keep an eye for you, bro!
thanks
Old 10-08-2009, 04:49 AM
Drifting

I completed the Navi install Today!!! Thanks again for all your help!! Check it out ->https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/im-soo-excited-just-completed-my-non-navi-navi-conversion-diy-included-747456/

Just have some engine noise I have to figure out how to get rid of.. any ideas?
Old 10-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Instructor

I completed the Navi install Today!!! Thanks again for all your help!! Check it out ->https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=747456

Just have some engine noise I have to figure out how to get rid of.. any ideas?
bzyrice
No problem, bro
Old 10-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Advanced

Unhappy kenny

what up kenny,nothing yet
Old 10-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Instructor

what up kenny,nothing yet
freetempo

Not yet, I'm still waiting them for respond...

Quick Reply: '04 TL Acura TL Non Navi To '08 Navi Conversion