I'm SOO Excited!!! Just completed my Non-Navi -> Navi Conversion!!! DIY Included!

Old 10-08-2009, 04:19 AM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm SOO Excited!!! Just completed my Non-Navi -> Navi Conversion!!! DIY Included!

Well... ITs COMPLETED!!

I just finished my Non Navi to Navi install!!! Took me 3 months of part searching.. 2 days to install!! (wasnt that bad)...And just took my time..

In the end.. I had one broken clip .. (the driver side footwell plastic) .. One extra screw.. Still have no idea where it belongs.. AND ACURA NAVIGATION!!!

================================================== =======
THANK YOU TO:

Just wanted to say thanks to Kenny416 for posting his partial DIY and answering all the questions I had for him!! (Link to his thread) Helped a ton!! Also, need to thank Martin (AcuraHondaTech on ebay) for building me the harness and letting me call him for some quick questions I had regarding the install.. I would also like to thank all of those who did this conversion before me, so that I knew it could be possible that I could do it.. Like to thank Zeppelin also because I read through his thread to get some answers!

PROBLEMS:

I came across only 2 problems during my install.. The first problem I came across was that the Torx Screw on the Air Bag stripped when I was trying to remove it. One I got off easily.. the other I stripped.. Had to purchase these tools at Sears to get it off. This thing is awesome.. I would recommend it to anyone who has a tool collection like me.. lol ..

Craftsman 14-piece Bolt-Out Set with Case

I would also suggest to buy extra Air Bag Torx screws before install so it doesn't hold up your install.. The tech manual also says to replace these screws whenever removing the air bag.. See my list of parts below for more info..

The second problem I have is that there is engine noise.. I believe it has something to do with the harness I purchased.. I need to remove the headunit and double check the wires.. I was soo happy with the install I didnt feel like taking it apart again.. So, this will have to wait..

But these are the only 2 problems I encountered!!

PARTS:

I got most of my parts from people selling used parts off of craigslist and other forums.. If I could not find the part used I purchased the parts from Delray Acura. If purchasing all these parts new including the custom harness the total is close to 5K... So, be patient and look for some good deals out there! Onto the list of parts needed for this install:
- 35890-SEP-A11 SWITCH ASSY., NAVIGATION GUIDE& HANDS FREE TELEPHONE
- 39541-SEP-A40 BRACKET, NAVIGATOR ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT
- 84651-SEP-A01ZA LINING ASSY., L. TRUNK SIDE ( GRAPHITE BLACK )
- 39710-SEP-A41 DISPLAY ASSY., INFORMATION CENTER
- 39835-SEP-A51 ANTENNA ASSY., GPS
- 90132-SV4-003 SCREW, ET (5X16) Need 2
- 91540-S0A-003 CLIP, HARNESS BAND (96.9MM) (NATURAL) Need 2
- 91601-SH3-013 GROMMET, SCREW (5MM) (BLACK) Need 4
- 93893-05008-07 SCREW-WASHER (5X8) Need 4
- 93901-25280 SCREW, TAPPING (5X12) Need 4
- 39546-SEP-A51 NAVIGATION UNIT 1 2008 TL
- 39051-SEP-A32ZA MODULE ASSY., DISPLAY (SUMITOMO) ( GQ GUN METALLIC )
- 90134-S6A-A80 BOLT, HEX. (6X23) Need 2 - This is the Air Bag bolts
- Orange 3.5 Navi Disc (Purchased from AcuramatTL on Acurazine because I was not sure if the DVD rom I got had a disc in it)
- Custom Wire Harness - (Purchased from acurahondatech "Martin" on ebay)

I purchased these also, because everyone said I needed it.. But, it isn't different from what is on the car.. So, there is no need to purchase these parts:
- 77350-SEP-A00ZA COVER, COLUMN (UPPER) ( GRAPHITE BLACK )
- 77360-SEP-A00ZA COVER ASSY., COLUMN (LOWER) ( GRAPHITE BLACK )

TOOLS and other RANDOM STUFF NEEDED:

These are the tools you will need if you decide to get the custom harness from ebay. You will need more random tools and other stuff if you decide to build your own harness.
- Metric Socket Set with extension
- Short and Normal Phillips Head
- Torx #30
- Flathead screw driver
- Mini Flat Head Screw Driver
- Razor Blade
- Wire stripper
- Electrical Tape
- Hanger
- Flashlight
- Zip Ties
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Radio Code
- Navi Code

These would be good to have but not necessary:
- Craftsman Bolt Out set - this is for the stubborn bolts

*Read this. It will help show how to read the connectors that you will tap into:

* Other info:

INSTALL:

* Before you get started I would print all the scans and instructions. This is what I did and it HELPED ALOT not having to go back and forth to the computer.
* These instructions do not include how to make the harness since I used the custom harness from ebay. DO NOT ASK ME HOW I MADE MY HARNESS!!!

I started my install from the back to the front of the car since I was familiar with removing all the back parts of the car during my Coilover install and my puddle light install. I also removed all the pieces before actually running the custom wire harness, so I could picture how the wire was going to run.

This is the order of what I did..
1. Disconnect the battery.

2. I started by removing the rear seats:

3. Then I removed the C Pillars and then the Rear Shelf.

4. Then I went to the trunk and removed the Rear trunk trim, Passenger side Trunk Trim and the trunk bottom.
* Note that one of the screws to remove the Passenger side Trunk Trim is different. Remember which one and where it goes.

5. Then I removed the Passenger side trim (this is where the custom wire harness gets routed)

6. Then I removed the Glove Box and driver side footwell. (At this point I replaced my Cabin Filter with a custom filter I made with a home A/C Filter)There are different variations of glove boxes. See this thread on how to remove the different versions: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...light=glovebox

7. Then I removed the center console.. To remove the Center A/C Vent I used a hanger and PULLED HARD!!! Took a few tries but I got it out!!

8. Then I removed the air bag. (Use Craftsman "bolt out" to get the Torx Screw out if you strip it, which you probably will lol)
Stop at # 6 in this pic:

STUPID SCREW:

9. I replaced the Non Navi steering wheel controls and replaced it with the Navi controls.
# 16 in this pic:

10. Then I removed the A pillar.

11. Then I removed the Sun visor.

12. Then I removed the Maplights.
- First take off the covers (#1):

- Then take the center part out:

- Then remove the trim.

13. Now time to take a break and look at how messed up you car looks!! haha

14. After taking a break I installed the GPS Antenna. I ran the wire into the trunk. See pic in #15 to see which screws to use to bolt down the GPS Antenna. If your GPS Antenna doesnt come with the mount you can just tape it with double sided tape. This is per Martin, the ebay guy.

15. Then I put the DVD player in the trunk and attached the Custom Wire harness and GPS Antenna to it. I then ran the wire from the DVD player into the cabin. I just followed the wiring that was there already.
* DO NOT ZIP TIE ANYTHING YET. You may need some slack because the harness is really really exact and you cant waste any of it by routing it all kinds of places.
I used this screenshot from Acuraoemparts.com to figure out which screws went where for the GPS and DVD player:

16. I then ran the custom harness down the passenger side and under the glove box area, behind the radio console and into the Driver side foot well. I stopped here, to make sure I had enough slack.

17. I then tapped into the PCM and tapped the VSS and FCAN HI and FCAN LO wires. I got these pics and diagram with my custom wire harness from ebay. The custom wire harness will have labels on each wire. You can use t taps here (I stripped mine and electric taped it cuz i hate t taps). To get more room I removed the air vent and plug that are in the way. You will see what I am talking about when you get there.

18. I then removed the Non Navi sub display from the A/C vent and replaced it with the Navi sub display. There are only 2 screws.

19. Then I removed the non navi display and replaced it with the navi screen display. When you are done the Radio and Navi display should be together and should look like this:

20. I then plugged the custom wire harness to the radio, navi screen and the navi sub display. The custom wire harness has a plug and play harness on it. You connect one of the radio wire harnesses to the custom wire harness and then connect the custom wire harness into the radio. One factory harness that attached to the sub display is no longer used. I did this to make sure there was enough slack for the wire harness to get to the steering wheel and HFL in the maplights. Be careful here and tuck the wires away.

21. I then removed the Steering column covers.
There are 3 screws on the bottom of the steering column, remove the 3 screws. Lower the locking lever for the steering wheel tilt and you'll need to squeeze the sides of the bottom half of the plastic. It's like little latches holding the top and bottom pieces together.

22. Then I connected the one wire from the custom harness to the steering wheel column harness.

23. Then I ran the wire under the driver side footwell and ran it into the A pillar. I used a hanger to pull the wire harness through the dash and up into the A Pillar.

24. I routed the custom harness through the front side of the head liner and
into the maplight console.

25. I then attached the wires to the HFL per the instructions that came with the Wire Harness. The harness will come numbered so you know where each wire goes.

26. Now, the Custom wire harness should be installed to everything. At this point I attached the battery to test my work. I put the key in and turned the car on.

27. You will be prompted to enter your Navi Code. Enter it. You will see a few screens where the Navi Loads the DVD rom, then tries to find a GPS signal. If your car is in the garage like mine was, the GPS antenna could not get a reading. If your Navi doesn't load then you may need to insert a disc into the DVD rom n the trunk. (I bought an extra disc because I wasnt sure if mine came with a disc in it.

28. Then I held down Map, Menu, and Cancel to get to the Navi Diagnostic screen. Depending on what disc you have this may look different. Now check to make sure everything works. To check the mike, click on the steering wheel navi button and talk. Then hit the end button to make sure it all works. As, long as everything checks out then you are good! If not, then you may need to replace the part that doesnt show in green.

Make sure the sub display works:

29. Disconnect the battery. (I didnt want to blow a fuse when attaching all the OEM wiring back.

30. Then, I zip tied everything making sure that there was enough slack for it to run where it could be hidden.

31. Then I reinstalled everything! Enjoy your Navi!

And now the car:

Hope this helps some of you guys who are still on the border of doing it or not!.. It is very doable. just very time consuming!
The following users liked this post:
pvakati (07-05-2014)
Old 10-08-2009, 04:21 AM
Drifting

Hey mods can you update the title to "Im SOO Excited!!! Just completed my non-Navi -> Navi Conversion!!! DIY Included!"

Lol.. Im kinda sleepy when I made this..
Old 10-08-2009, 04:46 AM
Drifting

Oh btw.. Another good tip is to use plastic cups to keep all your bolts separate. For basically each section you will have a cup.. This way you wont lose bolts or forget which bolts go where! Helped me out alot.. I only ended up with one bolt I had no idea to do with. lol
Old 10-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bzyrice
Oh btw.. Another good tip is to use plastic cups to keep all your bolts separate. For basically each section you will have a cup.. This way you wont lose bolts or forget which bolts go where! Helped me out alot.. I only ended up with one bolt I had no idea to do with. lol
bzyrice

So far so good!
Hey, you forgot the camera?
Old 10-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,914 Likes on 14,457 Posts
Maybe it was the bolt that holds your car together?!?? Better make sure!

Great job bro...and great DIY. It's tempting cause as much as I say I don't care about Navi...I DO like the idea of having it. I just couldn't justify the cost. This conversion doesn't give the option of reverse camera, right? Just curious but if I'm not mistaken that was only available on the 07 to 08 TL.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Awesome write-up and DIY. I noticed numbers 2 and 3 have the same diagram scan. Is that correct?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Keeping it simple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, this is awesome!!!!

I would def do this ... looks so clean. But I'm affraid I would get cut something I'm not suppose to. lol

Looks really good though ... Wow!!!!! What's next? lol
Old 10-08-2009, 01:36 PM
"Advance"

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
Nicelly done, thanks for the DIY. Do you mind to letting me know where comes from the connectors that connects into the Navi-Display(clock).

Does it comes from the screen, the stereo itself or the car??? thanks!
Old 10-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
wow, you did this mod too? lol
i swear you are always doin somethin, car looks good and nice job on the navi install
Old 10-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
Very nicely done. I wish the DVD-A changer from the TL was able to work in my Accord!
Old 10-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by VmtSquad
Nicelly done, thanks for the DIY. Do you mind to letting me know where comes from the connectors that connects into the Navi-Display(clock).

It comes from the navigation display which is fed by the navigation unit.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
I know you asked us not to ask about building the harness, but would you be willing to say where you got the connectors?
Old 10-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by kenny416
bzyrice

So far so good!
Hey, you forgot the camera?
Yah I know!! Since I have the 05 DVD rom (I couldnt find the newer DVD romsused) I need to purchase a DOM's unit to add the rear view camera. DOGH.. But I wanted to get that later anyways. lol

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Maybe it was the bolt that holds your car together?!?? Better make sure!

Great job bro...and great DIY. It's tempting cause as much as I say I don't care about Navi...I DO like the idea of having it. I just couldn't justify the cost. This conversion doesn't give the option of reverse camera, right? Just curious but if I'm not mistaken that was only available on the 07 to 08 TL.
You can add the rear view camera, just need the DOMs unit. I already have an OEM camera. Waiting for Kenny416 to install his oem camera so I can copy him lol.. and still need to get the DOMs lol

But, I have to say this is MY FAVORITE MOD SO FAR!!

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
Awesome write-up and DIY. I noticed numbers 2 and 3 have the same diagram scan. Is that correct?
Thanks! Yes it is correct. 2 shows removing the seats and 3 shows removing the c pillars and rear shelf.. I dont know why I made 2 separate instructions even though they are on the same scan lol . SORRY!

Originally Posted by blatallic
Wow, this is awesome!!!!

I would def do this ... looks so clean. But I'm affraid I would get cut something I'm not suppose to. lol

Looks really good though ... Wow!!!!! What's next? lol
Haha.. It isn't hard at all! Just really really time consuming! Next, wil befull integration of an iPhone. But that will have to wait for awhile..

For me, since I used the custom harness it is from the harness which attaches to the Navi screen. The old harness that was there is no longer used. The old harness can probbaly tapped as a AUX power source now.

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn
wow, you did this mod too? lol
i swear you are always doin somethin, car looks good and nice job on the navi install
Thanks!! I know, I have been busy... but now its time to stop since I have to save up for my wedding.. dogh..

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
Very nicely done. I wish the DVD-A changer from the TL was able to work in my Accord!
WIth alot of work and money I bet it will fit.. lol

Originally Posted by KN_TL
It comes from the navigation display which is fed by the navigation unit.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by KN_TL
I know you asked us not to ask about building the harness, but would you be willing to say where you got the connectors?
No problem man.. I purchased a custom harness from a guy on ebay. It came with all the harnesses. I also have a few harnesses that came with the used navi screen and dvd rom I got from a junkyard. They will be up for sale shortly.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:53 PM
"Advance"

Thanks for the info bzyrice and KN_TL. Im about to move from Non-Navi display to Navi-Display so I can get back my 2 storage below the stereo. Just missing the display got the navi screen and connectors...

Nice job again bro with the convertion, I like it!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Drifting

Thanks for the info bzyrice and KN_TL. Im about to move from Non-Navi display to Navi-Display so I can get back my 2 storage below the stereo. Just missing the display got the navi screen and connectors...

Nice job again bro with the convertion, I like it!
Npp man.. the only place i could find it was the dealer.. its about 190.00. Good luck finding it. I think kenny416 might have one for sale still. pm him.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Drifting

MY NAVI IS WORKING 100% NOW!!!!!

Ok I corrected the engine noise problem!! I also, had another problem, that I didnt notice until after I wrote this up.. I was having problems with the audio control buttons on the steering wheel.. After speaking with martin (the guy I purchased the wiring harness from) I found out that all my problems were probably coming from a part of the harness that he made. He walked me through how to fix it. I had to purchase a multimeter to test each wire. Never used one before, but he told me how and now I am a PRO!! haha.. well, I found one bad wire.. so I spliced in a new wire for the steering button controls.. Now my steering button controls work and now no more engine noise!! All this from one bad wire!!

So.. rule of thumb.. if you are going to do this swap and purchase or make your own wiring harness.. USE A MULTIMETER AND CHECK ALL YOUR WIRES!!! I do not blame Martin for this because he was very helpful through the whole process.. He said he double checks all the connections before he sends it out.. so, I think it may have been me pulling at the wires and such.. I would also recommend that if you purchase the harnes from martin to upgrade to the OEM harnesses!! this would have solved my problem from the beginning.

Thanks for reading and I hope that this DIY helps some people!!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:39 PM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
wooo hoooo another non navi to navi aziner!!!

dats wassup bro... bet u cant stop lookin at that screen now lol
Old 10-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice car!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ABP_04TL
wooo hoooo another non navi to navi aziner!!!

dats wassup bro... bet u cant stop lookin at that screen now lol
haha!! Yah I cant stop playing with it now!! When I first installed it, I didnt notice that there was no navi voice.. basically it didnt talk.. with the wire I fixed I now hear someone talking to me!! haha.. I cant believe I didnt notice there was no navi voice!! I sat in the car and played with the voice commands for like 20 minutes.. lol

btw, Nice MOD LIST! I want to do the reverse HIDs!! I need to learn how to do that whenever I have extra cash for that.. I want it so when i install my rear view camera it will be like DAY LIGHT at night !! haha

Originally Posted by JwongTLS
nice car!
Thanks!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Drifting

Oh, I would like to add that if you can run an amp in your car.. that this mod is easy! The hardest part of this whole thing is taking the car apart.. looking back, it really isnt that hard.. just really really time consuming.. So, I urge anyone who wants navi and has the spare time and cash to do it!!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Drifting

here are some added pics that may help anyone who decides to try and make their own Harness.. I am missing 2 scans though.. I am missing the scan for the back of the navi and the harnesses for that.. and the back of the Navi DVD rom and its harnesses.. If anyone has these post them up please!

Radio Harnesses:

You dont need these, but I put these here anyways:
Amp Harnesses:

XM Receiver:
Old 10-20-2009, 09:19 AM
"Advance"

here are some added pics that may help anyone who decides to try and make their own Harness.. I am missing 2 scans though.. I am missing the scan for the back of the navi and the harnesses for that.. and the back of the Navi DVD rom and its harnesses.. If anyone has these post them up please!
I have the manual @ home I could contribute to this magic thread by adding those missing pages

Another thing: I know your car is now reassembled but I have a question for you. Im now moving from the NON-Navi to the Navi-Subdisplay so I can get back my two lower compartment with my CarPc Installation.

I checked and double checked the wiring via my manual but I would like to check with ya again

The wire that connects into the SubDisplay; does all wire comes from 1 connectors from the Navi-Display? I check the Manual and it seems to come from all the same connectors except one BLACK wire, that seems to be a ground but I'll have to double check that. I hope this is clear... anyaway if its not lol I'll figure it out myself when my NaviSubDisplay arrive later this week.

Again, Nice Thread bro. Your right, the Navi Conversion seems pretty easy, unless you don't know shit about electronics
Old 10-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Drifting

I have the manual @ home I could contribute to this magic thread by adding those missing pages

Another thing: I know your car is now reassembled but I have a question for you. Im now moving from the NON-Navi to the Navi-Subdisplay so I can get back my two lower compartment with my CarPc Installation.

I checked and double checked the wiring via my manual but I would like to check with ya again

The wire that connects into the SubDisplay; does all wire comes from 1 connectors from the Navi-Display? I check the Manual and it seems to come from all the same connectors except one BLACK wire, that seems to be a ground but I'll have to double check that. I hope this is clear... anyaway if its not lol I'll figure it out myself when my NaviSubDisplay arrive later this week.

Again, Nice Thread bro. Your right, the Navi Conversion seems pretty easy, unless you don't know shit about electronics
Cool cant wait to see the scans.. Now that I know how to use the multimeter, I feel confident in making one of these wiring harnesses if I had those scans!! lol

As far as the subdisplay.. The non navi subdisplay has 1 plug that goes to it, which is for the clock.. The Navi display only has one harness as well. When you create your wire harness the non navi plug is no longer used. I just taped mine off to the side so there would be no rattles!

And, I think that if you buy the harness this is an easy task!! I actually would help people with this mod if they needed to.. for price tho hahaa.

Good luck and let me know if yo have any other questions! Btw I have most of the factory plugs for sale if you need them.. I still havent had the chance to post up all my extra stuff I have for sale.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:14 PM
"Advance"

^^Good to know you have those factory plugs, I may need one or two

I'll post the scans when i get home for ya !
Old 10-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Drifting

^^Good to know you have those factory plugs, I may need one or two

I'll post the scans when i get home for ya !
Yup just let me know!!

Now I am trying to do the navi ahcks, but cant get them to seem to work..
Old 10-20-2009, 10:57 PM
"Advance"

I tried to do scans but my scanner seems very poor...I'll try to get them for 2morow...lol
Old 10-21-2009, 02:48 AM
Drifting

I tried to do scans but my scanner seems very poor...I'll try to get them for 2morow...lol
Its all good! Since my scanner sucks I just take a picture of it with my digi cam.. lol Usually works really well.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:11 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Nice work!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:36 AM
"Advance"

Its all good! Since my scanner sucks I just take a picture of it with my digi cam.. lol Usually works really well.
Lol I had the idea right after my last post but didnt have batteries for my cam lol. I'll take thoses pics and upload them later today.

I received my SubDisplay this morning, can't wait to wire that up in my car tonight (Will do a DIY in my CarPc Thread or even maybe a new thread...)

later bro
Old 10-22-2009, 09:46 AM
"Advance"

Finally had the time to take the dash a part and test my new tool.

It's pretty simple, there's an extra connector that goes in the NAVI screen. 9 wire from this connector connects to the NaviSubDisplay. When I turned the car on, I had the temperature good and the HFL.

The clock was also showing but not at the right time...

All I am missing right now is the STEREO data information and the right TIME for the clock.

Im reading that the Navi Clock is took from the NaviUnit so i gues I'll have to get myself a NaviUnit (which is in the mail).

As for the stereo information, if I plug back my Non-Navi display, everything is displayed, do you have an idea what should I try next???

Thanks
Old 10-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Drifting

Finally had the time to take the dash a part and test my new tool.

It's pretty simple, there's an extra connector that goes in the NAVI screen. 9 wire from this connector connects to the NaviSubDisplay. When I turned the car on, I had the temperature good and the HFL.

The clock was also showing but not at the right time...

All I am missing right now is the STEREO data information and the right TIME for the clock.

Im reading that the Navi Clock is took from the NaviUnit so i gues I'll have to get myself a NaviUnit (which is in the mail).

As for the stereo information, if I plug back my Non-Navi display, everything is displayed, do you have an idea what should I try next???

Thanks
oooh so what is this new tool?!

I know that the clock gets a signal from somewhere, because the clock updates itself once the navi system gets gps signal..

Yah so, you will be placing the nav unit behind your screen? I saw that someone had done that on their carputer install before to get info from it.. have you seen that thread?..

I know that there are a bunch of wires in my harness that were spliced into the A connector of the radio unit. I wish I would have known that you needed this info 3 days ago when I had my car apart again, so i could tell you exactly which wires were wired into it.

So if you can post the subdisplay and navi harness printouts that may help..

any pics of your carputer install?
Old 10-22-2009, 01:50 PM
"Advance"

This is my old setup with my PC in the trunk, Im now redoing the screen area with the NAVI bezel and a MAC mini in the Glove Box....

Thanks for the fast reply, so you did spliced some wires from the A connectors. I see fromt the Wiring diagram and connectors PIN-OUT that I'm missing one wire on a Stereo connector. I'll have to instigate on that one with my service manual...

Yep, Im waiting for the DVD (called NavigationUnit), this is necessary for me to get the good Time on the clock I guess. Maybe I'll also have to get the GPS antenna, where did you get yours ?? and for how much ??

I'll post the pics from the service manual tonight !!!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Drifting

This is my old setup with my PC in the trunk, Im now redoing the screen area with the NAVI bezel and a MAC mini in the Glove Box....

Thanks for the fast reply, so you did spliced some wires from the A connectors. I see fromt the Wiring diagram and connectors PIN-OUT that I'm missing one wire on a Stereo connector. I'll have to instigate on that one with my service manual...

Yep, Im waiting for the DVD (called NavigationUnit), this is necessary for me to get the good Time on the clock I guess. Maybe I'll also have to get the GPS antenna, where did you get yours ?? and for how much ??

I'll post the pics from the service manual tonight !!!
well i got mine from someone who had a bunch of navi stuff.. i got half my stuff from him.. but you can get the gps antenna from the dealer:
39835-SEP-A51 ANTENNA ASSY., GPS - http://www.acuraoemparts.com $89.05

Carputer install looks good!! are you going to hack into the factory navi buttons to and configure them to work? Ive seen that done also.. I was going to go that route and got scared haha.. cuz my soldering skills SUCK!

I never heard of that cd.. what is that? Does it do anything else?

Yes pins 12 and 13 from the A connector on the back of the radio connect to the Navi somehow. I also remember that some of the wires were spliced into some other wires on that harness.. I know this because I had to test each wire on the custom harness I had to find the problem wire giving me the engine noise.... I believe there were 4 wires that had to be spliced into. Whenever I removed my radio again I will be able to tell you exactly what needed to be done, if you ahvent figured it out already..
Old 10-22-2009, 03:07 PM
"Advance"

I never heard of that cd.. what is that? Does it do anything else?
By DVD I meant the dvd player that goes in the trunk. The guy that sold me the screen is willing to give me the DVD and maybe the antenna if he has it for no extra charge and even free shipping

Coudnt be more lucky, I'll probably get those tomorow or on monday, so I'll be able to test everything next week...

pisses me off to wait for parts when I see all the wire and parts in my room just sitting there lol.

Like I said I'll post the service manual pics later today maybe you'll be able to point out where my problme is.. THANKS!
Old 10-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Drifting

By DVD I meant the dvd player that goes in the trunk. The guy that sold me the screen is willing to give me the DVD and maybe the antenna if he has it for no extra charge and even free shipping

Coudnt be more lucky, I'll probably get those tomorow or on monday, so I'll be able to test everything next week...

pisses me off to wait for parts when I see all the wire and parts in my room just sitting there lol.

Like I said I'll post the service manual pics later today maybe you'll be able to point out where my problme is.. THANKS!
WOW good deal especially since the dvd rom is ALOT!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:29 PM
"Advance"

^^YEP Im really happy about that one...cost me 250$ CDN for an extra SUBDISPLAY (I'll sure sell after my setup is complet), a damaged but working navi screen & bezel, DVD-rom Navigation Unit, maybe the antenna...and all connectors

If I knew at first I would have bought a good NAVI LCD and make the conversion, just missing some extra parts like HFL and steering buttons...

So back on topic ....THE connectors lol
Old 10-22-2009, 11:03 PM
"Advance"

56K good luck! lol

Sorry for the bad resolution pics, but the essential is there!! Hope it helps some people, maybe I should do a thread off all those scans lol

All Navi Components

Navi Circuit Diagram

Display Panel Connector A

Stereo Connector C

Stereo Back 1

Stereo Back 2 + Audio SubDisplay Connector

SubDisplay Connector

NaviDisplay + DVDPlayer Back

DVDPlayer Connector F HFL

DVDPlayer Connector A

DVDPlayer Connector A2

DVDPlayer Connector B

DVDPlayer Connector C

DVDPlayer Connector E (GPS antenna)

Last edited by VmtSquad; 10-22-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:10 PM
"Advance"

I double checked all connectore and can't seems to find why I can not get the radio information displayed on my SubDisplay info....

I found that the clock was coming from the GPS which is connected to the NaviUnit(dvdrom). Then the NaviUnit sends the info to the NaviDisplay(LCD).

...Just need to figure out that one and I'll be set for my NaviSubDisplay Conversion
Old 10-22-2009, 11:14 PM
"Advance"

One left lol

AudioUnit Connectors A & B
Old 10-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Drifting

So where did you try connecting Pin 1 and 2 from the subdisplay to? I can ask the guy I purchased the harness from. He remembers all this stuff off the top of his head lol ..

Oh and thanks for the scans!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm SOO Excited!!! Just completed my Non-Navi -> Navi Conversion!!! DIY Included!