Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zaino Car Cleaning and Polishing Supplies

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino Car Cleaning and Polishing Supplies

Alrighty guys, some of your comments have convinced me to buy the snake oil- LOL- that is called Zaino. I actually stopped yesterday at the retailer in New Jersey that sells the products. I got the leather cleaner and conditioner, the stuff that keeps one windows cleaner longer and many polishing products for the exterior.

The sales guy was quite helpful and even came out to my car to determine if the clay bar was needed- it was determined that a "claying" would help me rid my car's exterior of some minor brake dust and other contaminents. My car is one month old. The procedure must be performed after using blue "Dawn"- not the green or yellow- dishwashing liquid to clean and remove the dealer's wax job. Ah yes, prior to the magic elixir being applied, the surface must be a perfectly prepared canvass before the artistry that is Zaino, is applied.

Prior to applying the amazing polish one must dry the car with cotton towels, not any cotton towels though. 100% cotton bath towels that are made in the USA, but not bought from a discount chain store like K-Mart or Walmart. They need to be purchased from a department store because discount chain store towels aren't selling truly 100% cotton product. The ends need to be sheered off as they have non-100% cotton ends that may scratch the car's surface. They need to be white, not off-white, ecru, near-white, WHITE! The dyes of a non-white towel might bleed onto the car's exterior. The new towels need to be rinsed twice after washing- which needs to be done even before the first use- and dryed on low heat and air dryed for the final stage.

A Toro 210hp electric leaf blower- not the 220hp or 200hp model- may be substituted for drying the car! Sal Zaino's specificity is uncanny. I was expecting a suggested maufacturer of washer and dryer. Maybe a suggested meal and wine to be enjoyed prior to taking on the hallowed task. Sal, your towel guidelines are more extensive than major sections of owner's manuals.

I actually considered making a special trip to Macys today to buy some towels. Yep, I've had a sip from the Kool-Aid and am considering joining the cult that is Zaino.

After the temperature rises a bit I'll try out the products and report back on my perceived results.

Greg
Old 12-04-2003, 01:02 AM
Intermediate

they got my $$$ too,but after remote start, wheels,tires,rock guard,tint,speakers,floor mats,trunk tray,dvds,blue tooth cell,and a seat belt for the dog why not get some (not)wax too
Old 12-04-2003, 08:11 AM
Instructor

Loved the post Greg. I would be interested in the difference in shine and protection you notice, if any. Now that you are a Zaino convertee, is there a secret sign or secret meeting place for product users? Where in New Jersey did you find it?
Living in New Jersey also, I think I may have to commit a horrible sin and actually go to a car wash or leave the car filthy until April. I hope my membership rights will not be revoked from this board. As far as polishing, I think I will continue to use the same polymer stuff that I mail order and use on the boat. It looks great at 1/10 the price (and any rag or towel works just fine) and I got about 10 guys at work using it also.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:24 AM
Instructor

If you could post the location of the Magic New Jersey Zaino retail store that would be great!

I think I'll try the zaino on my Envoy first before the TL :P
Old 12-04-2003, 08:32 AM
BOOK EM

I`ve been a Zaino user for 2 years, and the stuff is incredible.It does take alittle more time to "prep" the car, but once it`s done, the "show polish" goes on and off quick.If you don`t beleive me go to http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com
Old 12-04-2003, 10:11 AM
Racer

Wink

Shore Motorsports is the exclusive retailer of Zaino. They have one store and it's in Howell Township, NJ. Phone: 732-364-7997. http://www.shoremotorsports.com. Bob's the owner, but Paul is the guy that helped me out.

mattlana & Motavar: If you go you'll be surprised at what the place looks like. It's small, in a non-descript strip mall and a sign that's not easy to see from the highway. The Zaino products are on a back shelf in a very low-key display.

http://www.zainostore.com

If you go to the website there are phone numbers for distributors and a way to buy the product on-line. I happened to see that there was a sole retailer that sold the stuff and they happened to be in NJ. Zaino headquarters is located just down the highway a short way.

There is a password and user ID that is required when entering the Zaino website. A form needs to be filled out giving one's year of birth, s.s. number, driver's license number, address, shoe size, taste in food and drink, names of children, one's lineage, and of course the blood oath that needs to be taken prior to being accepted. Three references of Zaino members in good standing, and a letter of recommendation by your sponsor. Ties are not allowed to be worn when logging in. No mention of a competitor's product will be tolerated and memorization of the Zaino pledge is mandatory prior to placing an order on-line.

;-)
Old 12-04-2003, 10:20 AM
Banned

:lol2: :lol2:
Old 12-04-2003, 11:24 AM
R&D of Team Anthracite

hey gregory,

what products u end up buying and can u give us the cost of each one?

i saw on the zainostore site that a show car package was $84

Thanks
Old 12-04-2003, 11:38 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I did the Zaino thing for the first time yesterday. Went through the whole process of going to three different stores before finding good ol' made in the USA towels. (I probably looked like a fool at Target trying to find and then read the little towel label) I ended up buying them at Linens and Things..Cannon towels.

Did the Dawn wash...Sal Zaino said 1oz in two gallons of water in case anyone wondered. Ended up doing two coats..total time was about 2.5 hours.

Looks great. One thing I'll do differently next time is make sure none of the Dawn remains on my windows before drying. I made sure to wash off the body, but didn't pay much attention to the windows. Now I've got these nasty water stains which don't come off with normal window cleaner. Sure glad I got the magic Zaino window polish!!
Old 12-04-2003, 11:58 AM
Racer

Originally posted by 2k4TLkev
hey gregory,

what products u end up buying and can u give us the cost of each one?

i saw on the zainostore site that a show car package was $84

Thanks
I spent $120 with tax. The store price was the same as on-line. The show package is just a suggested grouping. It's easier to tell you what I didn't buy: The wheel cleaner, plastic cleaner and hand wash. I already use Zymol for wheel cleaning. The plastic cleaner had too many restrictons on it and the sales guy wasn't too confident in it, especially since I was buying the leather cleaner and conditioner. I go to my local carwash and use their power spray when I wash my car by hand. I got zfx so there was no need to buy Z1. I bought EVERYTHING else.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Racer

Glad to see so many people expressing positive thoughts about Zaino, and none of the Zaino-bashing I'd seen in the past.

A couple of things not mentioned here:

1. COST - YES, a full set of the products is relatively expensive. HOWEVER - the stuff lasts FOREVER - you should get 8-12 coats or more from a bottle of polish, so the cost per application is actually very low.

2. EASE - You didn't mention how fast and EASY it is to use Zaino. This is important information, as everyone knows how laborious it is to wax a car. Using Zaino is just the opposite - WIPE it on, WIPE it off. It gets easier and faster as you add more coats, too. It takes me about 20 minutes total labor to do one of our cars, about 15 on and 5 off. Just be sure it is fully dry before removing, then it comes off with no effort at all.

When I first found out about Zaino, I WAS the ultimate skeptic, convinced that I could do better with my 3M, Meguiar's and power buffer. After following the boards on it for a FULL YEAR, I decided to take a chance and test out this Zaino stufff (on my wife's car, of course). By the time I was done the shine was attracting the neighbors and I was convinced. I could never go back to waxing.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Intermediate

Hah!! I never though to use my leaf blower to dry the car!! What a great idea!
Old 12-04-2003, 01:01 PM
Racer

Originally posted by automophile
Glad to see so many people expressing positive thoughts about Zaino, and none of the Zaino-bashing I'd seen in the past.

A couple of things not mentioned here:

1. COST - YES, a full set of the products is relatively expensive. HOWEVER - the stuff lasts FOREVER - you should get 8-12 coats or more from a bottle of polish, so the cost per application is actually very low.

2. EASE - You didn't mention how fast and EASY it is to use Zaino. This is important information, as everyone knows how laborious it is to wax a car. Using Zaino is just the opposite - WIPE it on, WIPE it off. It gets easier and faster as you add more coats, too. It takes me about 20 minutes total labor to do one of our cars, about 15 on and 5 off. Just be sure it is fully dry before removing, then it comes off with no effort at all.

When I first found out about Zaino, I WAS the ultimate skeptic, convinced that I could do better with my 3M, Meguiar's and power buffer. After following the boards on it for a FULL YEAR, I decided to take a chance and test out this Zaino stufff (on my wife's car, of course). By the time I was done the shine was attracting the neighbors and I was convinced. I could never go back to waxing.
Automophile: I was having a little fun here at Sal Zaino's expense. I haven't even gone through all the directions yet. The weather is quite cold in NJ so I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to use the products. When I do I'll report back to this forum. Yes, I may even go over to the Zaino Forum and share my experience.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:13 PM
Instructor

I use Zaino on my Buick and love it-- it's pricey, but it works. I've tried a bunch of other products and this worked the best for my black beast.

The new fast drying additive is a nice change.

-S.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:14 PM
Instructor

Greg thanks for the Zaino info.

Yeah.. can't wait until the weather warms up.
Usually we get one 55 degree day before xmas.. i'm hoping it comes soon.

-Motavar
Old 12-13-2003, 11:21 PM
Racer

Re: Zaino Car Cleaning and Polishing Supplies

Originally posted by gregory28
Alrighty guys, some of your comments have convinced me to buy the snake oil- LOL- that is called Zaino. I actually stopped yesterday at the retailer in New Jersey that sells the products. I got the leather cleaner and conditioner, the stuff that keeps one windows cleaner longer and many polishing products for the exterior.

The sales guy was quite helpful and even came out to my car to determine if the clay bar was needed- it was determined that a "claying" would help me rid my car's exterior of some minor brake dust and other contaminents. My car is one month old. The procedure must be performed after using blue "Dawn"- not the green or yellow- dishwashing liquid to clean and remove the dealer's wax job. Ah yes, prior to the magic elixir being applied, the surface must be a perfectly prepared canvass before the artistry that is Zaino, is applied.

Prior to applying the amazing polish one must dry the car with cotton towels, not any cotton towels though. 100% cotton bath towels that are made in the USA, but not bought from a discount chain store like K-Mart or Walmart. They need to be purchased from a department store because discount chain store towels aren't selling truly 100% cotton product. The ends need to be sheered off as they have non-100% cotton ends that may scratch the car's surface. They need to be white, not off-white, ecru, near-white, WHITE! The dyes of a non-white towel might bleed onto the car's exterior. The new towels need to be rinsed twice after washing- which needs to be done even before the first use- and dryed on low heat and air dryed for the final stage.

A Toro 210hp electric leaf blower- not the 220hp or 200hp model- may be substituted for drying the car! Sal Zaino's specificity is uncanny. I was expecting a suggested maufacturer of washer and dryer. Maybe a suggested meal and wine to be enjoyed prior to taking on the hallowed task. Sal, your towel guidelines are more extensive than major sections of owner's manuals.

I actually considered making a special trip to Macys today to buy some towels. Yep, I've had a sip from the Kool-Aid and am considering joining the cult that is Zaino.

After the temperature rises a bit I'll try out the products and report back on my perceived results.

Greg
We had a day above 45 degrees yesterday and I gave my car- '04 TL AT with no nav- the Zaino treatment. I've never seen a shinier car. The stuff does work. It was very time consuming because I had to wait 2 hours before the polish was dry enough to be buffed. I gave it 2 treatments.

The exterior polish products cost less than $100 and to those that think it's expensive- it's not. I used 1/8 of the products. I only intend to go through this process twice per year. This means that it'll last me four years. The alternative is to go to my detail guy and get charged $180 twice per year and it won't look as nice.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:14 PM
Racer

Re: Zaino Car Cleaning and Polishing Supplies

Greg
By popular demand, I'm bumping this to the first page. As I'm sitting here with a huge storm bearing down on the eastern seaboard, I hope you warm weather folks enjoy the freshly cleaned and polished look of zaino. I'll settle for a hose to get all the dried salt, grime and snow off the body. Zaino will have to wait until the Spring for me.

Greg
Old 03-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Racer

Here you go Black Velvet

Greg