Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrecked Tl!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Super Sooner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrecked Tl!!!

HERE'S PICS OF THE MY WRECKED TL. THE A55HOLE RAN INTO ME WHILE MAKING AN ILLEGAL LANE CHANGE, AND THEN HAD THE NERVE TO RUN!!! I CHASED HIM DOWN AND MADE HIM PULL OVER. HIS FIRST WORDS WERE "NO POLICIA, NO POLICIA!!!" I WAS LIKE GREAT...JUST MY F*CKING LUCK!!! NO ENGLISH AND NO INSURANCE... THE ESTIMATE FROM THE DEALER WAS AROUND $8,500. ANYWAYS I SHOULD GET THE CAR BACK NEXT WEEK... AND HERE'S PICS OF THE CAR..

http://www.geocities.com/snoopanup/wrecked.htm
Old 06-13-2004, 02:18 PM
Racer

that sucks!!! Did the police come ?
Old 06-13-2004, 02:22 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Anup, that sucks. I think you should involve police. If he does not have an insurance most likely you'll end-up paying your deductibles. I hope he'll pay from his pocket. Is your insurance picking it? At least you can get the deductables from him. All the best in getting you TL fixed.

BTW the link on geocities is not working.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:42 PM
TL Techy

Yeah the geocities site isnt working

Dang man that sucks big time, you should call up the police.

"The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer"
Use http://www.imageshack.us/ to upload your images
Old 06-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Super Sooner

I did call the police and file an accident report. I'll have to get the car fix thru my insurance..using my uninsured motorist insurance... He was trying to get me not to call the police but I was on the phone with them as soon as he hit me.. I was telling the 911 operator that I was chasing him....

Old 06-13-2004, 02:57 PM
TL Techy

oh yea...your welcome :P
Old 06-13-2004, 02:58 PM
Super Sooner

Sorry man... Thanks for your help...

Anup
Old 06-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Team Nighthawk Director

I can't believe that, sorry to hear that. I hope they have it up and going for you as soon as possible.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

bad times for team anthracite.

my car is still in the shop from my own stupid accident two weeks ago, it looks similar to yours except on the other side, estimate was about 7000. anyway... good luck to you
Old 06-13-2004, 03:09 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Just curious, what did the 911 operator say? I was involved in a hit and run and chased the guy down the freeway, fun story but it would be too long and involved. When I caught up to him, the operator told me that I had to pull over and let the guy go. She wouldn't send a patrol car out to get him. That was very frustrating. I caught the guy and they said, "just let him go". grrr.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:39 PM
Super Sooner

Yea the person on the phone told me the same thing...but the guy pulled over right after that... It took the police 30minutes to show up... I was pissed and hot as hell..standing outside in 90+ degree weather... that side of the car has some of the AC components because the AC quit working. The dealership is waiting for a few parts that are on back order...

Anup
Old 06-13-2004, 03:40 PM
Safety Car

forget the police did you call INS? throw his ass back to mexico.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Racer

Glad you chased his sorry ass down. I hate when people hit and run.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:14 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
oh man that sucks
Old 06-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Instructor

Same happened to me, not my tl though, thank gosh. I was driving to work in my old mitsubishi montero sport and this lady hit me. She was illegal, no ins. no license, the cop said it was her second offense I didn't press charges cuz i felt sorry for her, she had three kids. i feel ur pain.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Instructor

IF you didnt chase him down the police would have been like who hit you and say yea yea. Good thing you did. Good luck with your car.
Old 06-13-2004, 06:46 PM
I don't have a Ferrari in

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You are lucky the guy actually slowed down. But I doubt most people would if they dont have insurance or in this case, possibly an illegal citizen, they would continue driving until they lose you. With safety in mind, I think it is best if you tried for several minutes to get him to pull over, but if he doesnt, take down the license plate number and any specs you can get on the car such as color, make, model so that when you file a police/accident report, you will have some leverage.

But yes, I hate people who hit and run. My parents was hit once in a parking lot and we saw the guy hit the back bumper of my parent's LS and he was like "I barely tapped you!!!" and all we saw was a huge dent on both our cars. Some people are stupid beyond all belief. Oh and our car moved about 5 inches from the parking space almost hitting the car next to us because the guy driving was going 40 in a crowded parking lot. He missed the parking space next to us. No insurance.

Good luck to you Anup, I hope that guy pays up before he goes back to mexico. I wonder what is hte exchange rate of pesos to dollars nowadays.
Old 06-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Team Nighthawk Water Boy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks.. stupid hit and run people :sqntfawk:
Old 06-13-2004, 06:51 PM
Advanced

Why would the 911 operator tell you to let him go? We all have a right to arrest someone. It's called citizen's arrest. Esp. if the person you are pursuing is willing to pull over...in that case why let him go after all the effort?

Perhaps it's a matter of safety...they don't want u playing highway pursuit with no sirens, that's dangerous. But if you aren't driving excessively crazy to chase, or "follow" the guy down, I think it's fine to hold them till the cops come.
Old 06-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Racer

I got in a relatively minor (maybe $1k in damage) hit & run accident in Hartford a few years ago.
We got his plate number before he took off.
Cop said he would run the plate and if the didn't have any mojor outstanding issues he wasn't going to do anything about it since no one was hurt.

Nice, eh?
Old 06-13-2004, 07:08 PM
I don't have a Ferrari in

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
gabedabomb - the reason that 911 operator said not to chase was indeed for safety. Think of the reasons why police chase cars that eventually become a high speed pursuit and with some digging you will see that most are minor offenses. People are scared and they do not slow down and if you continue to drive after them, it will only escalate the danger. While citizen's arrest is a great concept, it should hardly be practiced while on a freeway where many more people can be hurt as a result of your decision. It is hard to simplly "follow" the guy down because he will only drive faster. I think Anup got lucky and god bless him that he did.

Stewie - That majorly sucks. But I think if the damage was more, it would have caused the police to do something? I know when my parents got hit, the guy drove off before we got into any argumentation. He simply backed up and drove off. We had his license plate and eventually got the police/dmv to track him down. The damage was estimated at about 4000.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Drifting

That guy who hit you will probably be ticketed and all that fun stuff.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
(Turns around and barfs after looking at the pix)

My God, at least you're OK. Those pix just make me ill. F'in uninsured drivers. The guy who hit you will likely end up deported?
Old 06-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Banned

Old 06-13-2004, 09:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Ouch!!!!!

Where are the 19" wheels from your sig?
Old 06-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Advanced

I was sitting at a stop light 3 o'clock in the morning after work because I worked second shift. I was on a very straight street on the lights that cross a bridge of a interstate highway. This biznitch in a civic hits me from behind in my 2000 Mustang. I was watching through the rear-view mirror and saved my cars life by taking my foot off the brake and was moving forward at the time of impact. The loser slammed into me from behind knocking me about 20 feet. I was hit hard.. and got out of my car.. imagining the damage I had taken because of the impact. I get outside of my vehicle.. a 1 foot scratch is on my back bumber! That's it... My back bumper did not even have a dent! His honda all the way to the firewall is comepletely crumpled. Hissing and water poor onto the road from his car.. his air bag deployed... ect. Then the guy gets out of his car.. and blames me for not going through a red light just because nobody is on the road. He has no insurance.. had been drinking.. and went to the exxon across the street probably to try and hide the fact. The cops bring him back when they arrive.. They arrest him and put him in the back of the police car. My car happens not to start.. I think because the fuel line cut off to prevent my car from exploding or something so I could not start my vehicle.. I had to towed and have a body shop Ford place.. replace my bumper and fix my car.. I paid 500 dollar deductable.. I finally after a month get the police report because 3 diffrent officers from 3 diffrent counties were there at the scene.. My insurance company pays me back all the 500 dollars.. and my county sues the guy. Now I'm getting 500 dollars free money from the county as compensation for him being drunk.

My only problem now is.. Now my car rattles when my air conditioning is on.. and damnit my warrant is up.. Pisses me off too because my 2000 mustang I babied and I have under 23k miles on it.
Old 06-13-2004, 10:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Now, cut that out..

Originally Posted by stealth
Same happened to me, not my tl though, thank gosh. I was driving to work in my old mitsubishi montero sport and this lady hit me. She was illegal, no ins. no license, the cop said it was her second offense I didn't press charges cuz i felt sorry for her, she had three kids. i feel ur pain.
Yeah, right.

You let her go so she could do it again. Maybe kill someone next time. Maybe me.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Screw her. She's a criminal. We're all paying for her irresponsibility in our insurance premiums. Yours, too, actually.
Old 06-13-2004, 10:51 PM
USC YQUE

Originally Posted by caball88
forget the police did you call INS? throw his ass back to mexico.
Ahh, yes ignorance and stereotype rears its ugly head.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:13 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Eduardo
Ahh, yes ignorance and stereotype rears its ugly head.
sorry if i offended you but the other driver was probably hispanic and since this was in texas and mexico is a neighboring country i figured he was mexican. i mean when does someone say no policia when they get into an accident. this person is probably an illegal and does not want to be deported.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:45 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

yo anup....

dawg my heart hurt when i saw them pics. thats HORRIBLE!! hit and runners are dickheads. the best is when you catch them tho. sux that you live in the south where there are alot of illegals. up here its great to catch a hit and runner.

THE BEST.... rich white women who think they can get away with anything. i once got hit by one such beast. she hit me from the back at a light and she blamed me to reversing my car at the light and reversing into her. so she gets out and starts screaming and saying "do you know who i am" blah blah blah. without saying a word i pull out ma cell and call the cops. at this point she starts the apologizing. im like its to late for that.

for sum reason every assh*le in ny rear ends me
Old 06-13-2004, 11:48 PM
USC YQUE

sorry if i offended you but the other driver was probably hispanic and since this was in texas and mexico is a neighboring country i figured he was mexican. i mean when does someone say no policia when they get into an accident. this person is probably an illegal and does not want to be deported.
Be cognizant in the fallacy of your statement.

In addition, whilst the driver may be an immigrant of Latino descent your assumption that he is from Mexico is way off base. We do not know the country he may have came from. There are other countries south of Mexico: El Salvador; Guatemala; Peru; Chile; Panama; Argentina; etcetera.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:57 PM
USC YQUE

Originally Posted by tpatel
.... for sum reason every assh*le in ny rear ends me
I remember once I got rear-end *three* times in **one day** all within the span of three hours! Thankfully my CR-V at the time was not badly injured.

The joy of living in a large, metropolitan city.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:58 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Eduardo
Be cognizant in the fallacy of your statement.

In addition, whilst the driver may be an immigrant of Latino descent your assumption that he is from Mexico is way off base. We do not know the country he may have came from. There are other countries south of Mexico: El Salvador; Guatemala; Peru; Chile; Panama; Argentina; etcetera.
although i may be too quick to assume you know that statistically the majority of illegal latinos are from mexico. but if you want to be politically correct about it then fine i have no way of proving where the driver was from. there is a possibility that he was from another latino based country. i will retract my first statement and correct it with "you should have called INS and have his ass sent back to his country which probably is mexico or possibly a central or south american nation".
Old 06-14-2004, 12:19 AM
Advanced

Man this is hat ticks me off about America. Good law abiding citizens pay up the wazzoo for auto insurance. If you don't have insurance ,don't worry, nothin will happen to you.
Noone will sue you cuz you don't have any money(as you claim). If the person you run into does sue, it will be worthless, cuz it will cost more to sue then to say forget about it.
Why do we even need auto insurance anymore. waste of money. Just say you have no money.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tvo7
Man this is hat ticks me off about America. Good law abiding citizens pay up the wazzoo for auto insurance. If you don't have insurance ,don't worry, nothin will happen to you.
Noone will sue you cuz you don't have any money(as you claim). If the person you run into does sue, it will be worthless, cuz it will cost more to sue then to say forget about it.
Why do we even need auto insurance anymore. waste of money. Just say you have no money.
i agree with you, we follow the rules but have to pay thru the nose for insurance. the statistic would surprise you of how many drive without any type of insurance. the system is flawed because america is so lax when it comes to punishment. nothing will happen to the person driving without insurance and life will go on as is.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:54 AM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

good luck Anup.
Mine is still in the bodyshop, after 3.5 weeks.
Got rear-ended by another lady with no insurance in a 90 ACURA Integra, going 60 mph.
so far damages are $8600 + NAVI $2100 = $10,700 and counting, as they find more broken pieces.

Body shop told me because the car is so new, they needed to ask the factory where the welding points were in this new body, they want to make things right and keep the rigidity of the car the same.

I'll post (before / after) pictures later
Old 06-14-2004, 03:06 AM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

although i may be too quick to assume you know that statistically the majority of illegal latinos are from mexico. but if you want to be politically correct about it then fine i have no way of proving where the driver was from. there is a possibility that he was from another latino based country. i will retract my first statement and correct it with "you should have called INS and have his ass sent back to his country which probably is mexico or possibly a central or south american nation".
Well said. I'm Latino and I don't defend them, (illegal people without insurance), because I know they are out there, and many are drinking while driving too. makes no sense to me.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:30 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NOX 3.2
Well said. I'm Latino and I don't defend them, (illegal people without insurance), because I know they are out there, and many are drinking while driving too. makes no sense to me.
thanks i appreciate your comment, its hard for people to state the truth when it's controversial and will raise personal views. i have nothing against latinos but i hate illegals no matter what race they are. i don't want to turn this into a political debate but we all know the current events in this country.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:15 AM
Drifting

That really sucks.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
ok ok ok ok... WEIRD
first... I HAVE THE SAME NAME!
I have the SAME TL combo except mine is 6MT
People call me Snoop Anup....
And I've been to Plano, but live in IL

sorry about accident... hope it all works out...

-Anup

Quick Reply: Wrecked Tl!!!