Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Tint in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Tint in NJ

has anyone put tint on their front windows and still be able to pass inspection?
Old 10-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Any tint on the front windows is illegal in NJ and you will fail. Plus there are pretty much no private places that will let you slide with that stuff anymore.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Drifting

Received 241 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
Any tint on the front windows is illegal in NJ and you will fail. Plus there are pretty much no private places that will let you slide with that stuff anymore.
Not true. I had 35% put on my front windows of my car and went thru inspection no problem. You think all the cars you see on the road with tint failed inspection ? Think about it.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:06 PM
DuDeChEwY

yes you can tint your front windows i have my front windshield tinted too you just need a permit from the dmv....ive had the tints for about 6 months ago.....u cant see s*#t inside of my car from the outside.....and in the last pic im sitting in the drivers seat and my friend is sitting in the passanger....and you cant see shiet...lol
Old 10-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Intermediate

!! dudechewy you are from New jersey?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:43 PM
VS#03

I have tint on my windshield also..........and I haven't been stopped also, plus I'm from North Jerzey.

Kevin
Old 10-08-2007, 07:56 PM
ABPUA5

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
looks nice..how did you get your hand on the permit??
Old 10-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Cruisin'

yea i got pulled over 2 weeks ago and all my windows were down on my car, i supposedly blew through a red light which wasnt true, but anyway while i was getting my stuff together the cop told me to put my windows up to see if i have tints on them. This was in Wayne, New Jersey
Old 10-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dudechewy
yes you can tint your front windows i have my front windshield tinted too you just need a permit from the dmv....ive had the tints for about 6 months ago.....u cant see s*#t inside of my car from the outside.....and in the last pic im sitting in the drivers seat and my friend is sitting in the passanger....and you cant see shiet...lol
I'm also curious about this permit.. how did you go about getting it
Old 10-08-2007, 10:14 PM
DuDeChEwY

Originally Posted by jayo_o
!! dudechewy you are from New jersey?
yes i am from nj....northern nj up by kearny
Old 10-08-2007, 10:20 PM
DuDeChEwY

Talking

I'm also curious about this permit.. how did you go about getting it
its on the nj dmv site.

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/sunscreening.htm

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/pdf/Licen...Form_MR-15.pdf

print the second link and fill it out and have the rest of it filled out by your eye doctor and ull be set.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Cruisin'

yea i live in kearny
Old 10-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got to a private place and go in person and talk to the inspection guy... Show him your car and ask if he'll pass you. You might not get the answer your looking for your first couple times but I guarantee you find somewhere to do it with no problem. I'm switching over from Va plates to jersey and I have 20% on my fronts 5% rears on both my cars and I already have the inspection shop lined up!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:41 AM
DuDeChEwY

Originally Posted by Evader
Just got to a private place and go in person and talk to the inspection guy... Show him your car and ask if he'll pass you. You might not get the answer your looking for your first couple times but I guarantee you find somewhere to do it with no problem. I'm switching over from Va plates to jersey and I have 20% on my fronts 5% rears on both my cars and I already have the inspection shop lined up!
which inspection place are you going to cause my inspection is bout to come up too.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by kjflash
yea i got pulled over 2 weeks ago and all my windows were down on my car, i supposedly blew through a red light which wasnt true, but anyway while i was getting my stuff together the cop told me to put my windows up to see if i have tints on them. This was in Wayne, New Jersey

i live in wayne, and have only gotten pulled over once with my car b/c i was speeding, , instead of giving me a speeding ticket he gave me a tint ticket,

only two places i have been pulled over for just for my tints or no front license plate is paramus and north haledon, both towns the cops are known for being jerks

just put the tints on when you get the car and you have 4 years before you have to take them off for inspection

i have had the car for 2 years,

my friend got pulled over for blowing through a red light in totowa new jersey, instead of giving him a ticket for the light he gave him a tint ticket, when he went to look online it said that he has to go to court for the ticket, has anyone heard of this happening to anyone and if so what happenend when they went to court
Old 10-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dudechewy
its on the nj dmv site.

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/sunscreening.htm

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/pdf/Licen...Form_MR-15.pdf

print the second link and fill it out and have the rest of it filled out by your eye doctor and ull be set.
what happens if I don't actually have those illnesses.. im not sure if my physician would sign the paper
Old 10-09-2007, 10:47 PM
ABPUA5

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kappa821
i live in wayne, and have only gotten pulled over once with my car b/c i was speeding, , instead of giving me a speeding ticket he gave me a tint ticket,

only two places i have been pulled over for just for my tints or no front license plate is paramus and north haledon, both towns the cops are known for being jerks

just put the tints on when you get the car and you have 4 years before you have to take them off for inspection

i have had the car for 2 years,

my friend got pulled over for blowing through a red light in totowa new jersey, instead of giving him a ticket for the light he gave him a tint ticket, when he went to look online it said that he has to go to court for the ticket, has anyone heard of this happening to anyone and if so what happenend when they went to court
yes they make you goto court now.. i had a tint ticket in july.. supposedly the pig pulled me over for noise pollution..broad daylight, seriously wasn't even blasting my system.. but anyways gave me a tint ticket and had mandatory court..you can't get out of it. you just have to goto court and plead guilty and pay the fee. i guess they made it mandatory court now so it's more of a hassle getting ticketed for tints.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by -Vip3r-
yes they make you goto court now.. i had a tint ticket in july.. supposedly the pig pulled me over for noise pollution..broad daylight, seriously wasn't even blasting my system.. but anyways gave me a tint ticket and had mandatory court..you can't get out of it. you just have to goto court and plead guilty and pay the fee. i guess they made it mandatory court now so it's more of a hassle getting ticketed for tints.

how much was the ticket?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:57 PM
DuDeChEwY

what happens if I don't actually have those illnesses.. im not sure if my physician would sign the paper
lol well make some thing up.....lol my excuse is i can only see outta one eye....lol hahah.....and yes it is true i have nooo vision in my right eye....as for the ticket its $40.00 depending on where you get it....i got pulled over in nyc arnd this time of the year last year and it was $30.00 a window so i had to pay $60.00 for the two front windows.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Advanced

I got a ticket in Alabama for tint not to long after they passed the tint and it cost me $200.

After the initial time period after introduction of the law the police relaxed and I had then tinted my next car all the way around and never got pulled over again.

as for now. i'm not tinting anything. going to drive around as if i'm in a fish bowl letter the whole world check me out in my 08 NBP TLS AT