Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 10:06 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
window deflectors

anyone has window deflectors on? if so, could you be kind enough to let me know where you got it, how do you like it, and if installation was easy...i was looking one at weathertech.com and wasnt sure if the deflector is dark enough...i have tinted windows (35%) so i didnt wanna get a clear one...the website said that they are lightly tinted but i didnt know how much that was....thanx for the help guys!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 12:23 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by sjkforever
anyone has window deflectors on? if so, could you be kind enough to let me know where you got it, how do you like it, and if installation was easy...i was looking one at weathertech.com and wasnt sure if the deflector is dark enough...i have tinted windows (35%) so i didnt wanna get a clear one...the website said that they are lightly tinted but i didnt know how much that was....thanx for the help guys!!!
Yes....I have the window visors installed on my car (so I could enjoy a smoke on the way to work if it rained....rain comes in the window when cracked open in the rain!) and they are fairly easy to install and I have had no problems with them whatsoever since then. I am working on pics this weekend of car - will post later this weekend if I can. As for the tint...the stock acura visors are tinted fairly dark. I just recently got the moonroof visor too...but have yet to install and dont know if I will or not...just thought I would grab one so I had it if I wanted to install later. Dont want to make washing that car a major pain though....so have been thinking about the roof visor install and just holding off. The roof is so easy now to maintain(wash) who needs more trouble? I rarely open my moonroof all the way anyway......usually just about $35% or so - so this probably does about the same as the visor would anyway given it isnt open all the way?
Old 08-26-2005, 12:24 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Oh...and by the way...I got my OEM window visors from an Acura dealer on ebay AofEParts. Acura of Escondido and Curry Acura both carry these visors.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by sjkforever
Here is a picture of the Weatherflectors from weathertech. I have 26% Tint on the windows.

Installation is really easy and should not take more then 10 minutes to do the whole installation.

Quality of those Weatherflectors are tops and are composed of laminated layers.

Best regards

frenchew
Old 08-27-2005, 12:29 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

The weathertech ones look a little different than the oems on the back...other than that they look identical. The backs on the OEMs extend the entire length of the door (both windows on back door) and taper to a point. Yours look like the just stop blunt right after the "roll down" window - not that it makes any difference. Just pointing this out to the original poster. Other than that....those look alot like OEM's. Yep...install on the OEM's took about 1/2 hour and they utilize clips and tape both, so you have to pull the rubber window channel out of the top part of the window on each door (real easy and doesnt hurt anything) so you can get the visors to seat correctly. Not sure if weathertech hook in the same way or not>?
Old 08-27-2005, 01:31 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
The weathertech ones look a little different than the oems on the back...other than that they look identical. The backs on the OEMs extend the entire length of the door (both windows on back door) and taper to a point. Yours look like the just stop blunt right after the "roll down" window - not that it makes any difference. Just pointing this out to the original poster. Other than that....those look alot like OEM's. Yep...install on the OEM's took about 1/2 hour and they utilize clips and tape both, so you have to pull the rubber window channel out of the top part of the window on each door (real easy and doesnt hurt anything) so you can get the visors to seat correctly. Not sure if weathertech hook in the same way or not>?
The Weathertech do not use any clips at all. The front ones are just wedged in the window channel and the rear ones wedged in with double side clear tape.

They are really easy to install and the whole job took me 10 minutes.

Best regards

frenchnew
Old 08-27-2005, 11:32 PM
Instructor

thanx guys for the help....i'll probably end up getting weathertech cause it sounds like it's easier to install....i hate installing stuff and am really bad at it also....anyway thanx for the help guys
Old 08-29-2005, 11:27 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

PICS of OEM Window Visors

Here is a few pics that show the OEM style window visors installed....they are a bit different on the back window area if you compare to the weathertech ones above...

Old 08-29-2005, 11:32 AM
1st Gear

Do they stop water from dripping in ?

A question on both of the units (OEM/Weathertech). How much do they actually stop rain/water from dripping into the car with the window open ?
Old 08-29-2005, 12:28 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by ivan308
A question on both of the units (OEM/Weathertech). How much do they actually stop rain/water from dripping into the car with the window open ?

Cant speak for weathertech....but if you open your window all the way with anything on your gonna get rain in! (j/k) Ok...seriously.....thats why I got em! Wanted to enjoy a smoke on the way to work and when it rained....it dripped in the window when I cracked it! Well...I can say that these solved my problem! No water inside now! Completely stops water from dripping inside...so long as you use them correctly. As I said...I dont think you can roll the window all the way down in the rain on any of these and not get a little something that spits in! But used correctly...and window opened an inch-two or so...you'll be good to go! It does also cut way down on wind noize & turb when you open all the way.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:16 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by ivan308
They will both stop the rain if you open your windows no more then the portion that the deflectors covers when you are driving.

You can open then up a little more if stopped.

Best regards

frenchnew