Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's your most embarrasing loss?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
What's your most embarrasing loss?

I know everyone has at least one story....... Lined up against a car you should wipe your ass with but then somehow things don't go your way and he makes you look like an idiot while crushing your ego! So what's your worst defeat, street or track(In any car you've had)?I'll start............ Back when I had my 97' stock 2.2C.L, I'm headin' to the club with two of my friends when a rusty 90ish Geo metro pulls up next to me with this dirty vanilla ice lookin' kid with a bandanna(2pac style) starin' us down. We're both lined up 1st at a red light and he starts jerkin' his car with his music blastin' and his speakers poppin(not in a good way). My friend in the back seat tells me i better smoke him. Light turns green and I didn't want to mash on the pedal (but he did) and he pulled on me! So I drop it into 2nd(AT) and tried to catch up......but never did! We entered the freeway and I thought FOR SURE he couldn't go past 90mph and would take him but he kept goin'! I never caught up to that bastard and to top it off, he pumped his fist in the air as I took the downtown exit ! My friends rubbed it in the whole night!
Old 03-27-2007, 11:17 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol thats sad.

i was driving on th e mountain road to mt.high (local socal mt). its mainly a 1 lane road all t he way up except for the occasional passing lanes. so this guy in a corrola FLAT STOCK, was pissed and tailing me so passing lane comes up and i knew he was going to gun it and so he does, and when i see him, i floor it, but it was too late. the throttle response was too slow.

btw. anyone know what improves how long it takes for car to launch after you slam the gas?
Old 03-28-2007, 12:34 AM
13.2@ 107 on Street tires

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vzuptnguyen
lol thats sad.

i was driving on th e mountain road to mt.high (local socal mt). its mainly a 1 lane road all t he way up except for the occasional passing lanes. so this guy in a corrola FLAT STOCK, was pissed and tailing me so passing lane comes up and i knew he was going to gun it and so he does, and when i see him, i floor it, but it was too late. the throttle response was too slow.

btw. anyone know what improves how long it takes for car to launch after you slam the gas?
seafoam
Old 03-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Id say a new civic Si, I under estimated it ... I put it in 4th too soon and he pulled on me and by the time I got going it was too late.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Honda+Blue=My garage

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144830

Cobalt SS SC let up to let him catch up and he kept pulling on me.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Soseductivesf , your story sounds funny as hell, omg vanilla ice pumping his fist in the air flying down the express way, thats just brilliant stuff...
Old 03-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Instructor

I couldn't pull on an 07 Tiburon MT, until about 125km to 160 not sure if it was 6 or 5 speed. . . he had an intake, my car was stock! tsk tsk tsk. . .That kinda destroyed my ego, since it happened when the car was farely new. . .but ive come to learn that those things are friggin light! So watch out boys for that tiburon
Old 03-28-2007, 10:39 AM
Instructor

this granny in a walker...we made eye contact at the light...and we both knew what was going to happen. i floored it...but damn traffic. she walked across the intersection and kept going while i was sitting there idle waiting for the damn car infront of me to go.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 193 Likes on 150 Posts
lmao to the comment above...and it was when i had my 2001 TLP i had a v2 intake and that was it but it was still pretty quick...this guy in a dirty i think 94 sho taurus 5mt or 6mt ( idont follow those things) pulled up to me rev the hell out of his engine...his car was white but looked brown and sounded horrible so i figured it was an easy kill..so i threw it in SS mode & down shifted to 2nd and was givin to him bad...so im goin about 110 and hit a dead spot in 4th due to my heavy ass 18" rims...i had bout 10 cars on dude so i thought i was cool...nxt thing i know i see that dirty POS walkin me and he finally beat me..i was soo pissed..thats wen i decided to buy my 03 Type S lol
Old 03-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Instructor

for every 10 foot shark there is at least one 12 foot shark in the deep of the ocean that is life.

there will always be someone biger than you and faster than you so choose your battles wisely
Old 03-29-2007, 09:42 PM
.a BUM with SMG...

onetime i got the nissan sentra type R beat me cuz i wasnt ready so !!! lolz
Old 03-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by azn_xxxd
onetime i got the nissan sentra type R beat me cuz i wasnt ready so !!! lolz
Yeah....I remenber that thread...
Old 03-30-2007, 01:18 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i was at the track last friday. PULLING up on the staging lane against this mustang GT with bolt on. Im telling my friend that was already at the track hey record me im bout to spank this mustang. He got the camry ready i did a massive burn out got to the light light turn green i step on it took a jump and i sprayed lost traction second gear lost traction also. right when i pop into third thinking im good sprayed and still no traction i got spank like badd.. :/ but its ok i made it up at the end beating 2 swap civic and a wrx. BUT its embarrassing to think you're so sure you're gonna beat something and try to get it on camera and next thing u kno u get spankkkkkkkkkkkk
Old 03-30-2007, 08:56 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by DIRTYJOHN
i was at the track last friday. PULLING up on the staging lane against this mustang GT with bolt on. Im telling my friend that was already at the track hey record me im bout to spank this mustang. He got the camry ready i did a massive burn out got to the light light turn green i step on it took a jump and i sprayed lost traction second gear lost traction also. right when i pop into third thinking im good sprayed and still no traction i got spank like badd.. :/ but its ok i made it up at the end beating 2 swap civic and a wrx. BUT its embarrassing to think you're so sure you're gonna beat something and try to get it on camera and next thing u kno u get spankkkkkkkkkkkk
muahaha...
Old 03-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Racer

when i first got my tl, i thought it was damn quick. it felt nice, throttle response was awsome. i had the biggest love for my car. so i went for a fun drive that weekend, pulled up to the red light with my music on. then a hot blonde chick pulled up next to me in a G35... i was like.. drool.. cuz i liked that car too, especially with her in it. but then i said... man, i still like my car.. watever. but she saw me looking, and she looked back at me... winked at me, and here i am acting like a hard as and was like wats up girl, giving her the "i'm gonna get your number" look. then she revved.... wow.... my kinda girl... SS mode, light turned green.... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... damn... she smoked me by 8 car lengths before letting off..... unfortunately, our next light was red... and she's sitting there laughing her ass off... thanks.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Blueyce28
... she smoked me by 8 car lengths before letting off..... unfortunately, our next light was red... and she's sitting there laughing her ass off... thanks.
More like "fortunately" the light was red.....u didn't wanna get smoked by bus lengths!
Old 03-30-2007, 01:50 PM
slobalt defender

Received 348 Likes on 185 Posts
i had i/h/e/p on my TLP and i lost to an RSX-S, not sure what he had under the hood, but it was totally tricked out and had a carbon fiber hood. I had a pretty bad launch, and he beat me by 2 cars up to 60mph from the light. He must have had some serious shit under the hood. He flashed the peace sign as he slowly walked away. Pretty embarrasing.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by road_boy
I couldn't pull on an 07 Tiburon MT, until about 125km to 160 not sure if it was 6 or 5 speed. . . he had an intake, my car was stock! tsk tsk tsk. . .That kinda destroyed my ego, since it happened when the car was farely new. . .but ive come to learn that those things are friggin light! So watch out boys for that tiburon
lol.....I had the same deal!,I under esitmated one at the light one night,He pulled off before me before I realized we were even racing!.......Needless to say I caught up to him and tore that ass up!.....lesson of the day....."don't sleep at the light"
Old 03-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Blueyce28
when i first got my tl, i thought it was damn quick. it felt nice, throttle response was awsome. i had the biggest love for my car. so i went for a fun drive that weekend, pulled up to the red light with my music on. then a hot blonde chick pulled up next to me in a G35... i was like.. drool.. cuz i liked that car too, especially with her in it. but then i said... man, i still like my car.. watever. but she saw me looking, and she looked back at me... winked at me, and here i am acting like a hard as and was like wats up girl, giving her the "i'm gonna get your number" look. then she revved.... wow.... my kinda girl... SS mode, light turned green.... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... damn... she smoked me by 8 car lengths before letting off..... unfortunately, our next light was red... and she's sitting there laughing her ass off... thanks.
Ouch!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Soseductivesf
a rusty 90ish Geo metro pulls up next to me with this dirty vanilla ice lookin' kid with a bandanna(2pac style) starin' us down. We're both lined up 1st at a red light and he starts jerkin' his car with his music blastin' and his speakers poppin(not in a good way). My friend in the back seat tells me i better smoke him. Light turns green and I didn't want to mash on the pedal (but he did) and he pulled on me! So I drop it into 2nd(AT) and tried to catch up......but never did! We entered the freeway and I thought FOR SURE he couldn't go past 90mph and would take him but he kept goin'! I never caught up to that bastard and to top it off, he pumped his fist in the air ...
thats like the best story i have ever heard man, it paints such a vivid picture for me i feel like i was really with you laughing at you, i know the feeling when you could have accelerated faster but didnt want to make a big wheel chirping deal about it, i wish i could have seen this all go down i would have pissed myself 4 sure
Old 03-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Instructor

Story 1:
When I had my 92' Civic HB with a B18B1 (Integra LS) motor, I got smoked by a Hyundai Elantra GT HB. I was driving on a local street on my way to the highway when this guy in the Hyundai cuts me off. We get to the light right before the highway entrance and I decided to cut him off to see how he liked it. On the highway, I went to the left most lane and he pulled right behind me and started to tailgate. The middle lane cleared and he pulled into it and started gunning it. I dropped my car into 3rd and punched it. I thought I would at least catch up but he kept pulling on me. Luckily, he got off on the next exit, because I was pretty embarrassed.

Story 2:
Before I dropped the LS motor into my Civic, it was all show and no go. I had the rims, body kit, projector headlights, painted interior, 5" exhaust tip, and so on. One night, I was at a red light when a Camaro SS pulls next to me. The guy starts to rev the engine and chirp forward. I knew that I had no chance in hell against this guy or anybody else with my 92 HP engine (VX model) so I kept my eyes straight on the road to avoid eye contact. The light turns green and he launches with tires screeching and smoke everywhere. I get off the line like how I normally drive and a car load of geeky Asians came next to me and started to point and laugh.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Burning Brakes

^reminds me of this time when I was test drivin' a 93 mustang GT MT at my boys ued car lot wen sum hoopty ass prelude (bought directly from autozone complete with a honda decal that covered half his rear window) pulls next to me at a light an' starts revvin' his engine! I was new at driving MT's but wen my friend gave me the o.k to smoke him, i started to I was revvin' the engine thinking to myself I probably won't buy this car but will savor this victory for a long time......and this sorry ass guy in in a lude' picked the WRONG car to rev his engine at..but wen the light turned green......I stalled out....so bad that my friend almost smashed his face on the dashboard! My friend told me to U turn it back to the lot while my ego went south! I never spoke or wrote about this until now!
Old 03-31-2007, 02:19 AM
B A N N E D

lol dont trip.

i was at a red light and some saturn pulls up next to me and he lined up with me signalling that he wanted to race and i was thinking it would be a piece of cake so i throw it in ss mode (i just got tha car and wasnt used to ss mode yet). light turns green and hes off to a good start but i shifted up way to early and he keep pulling and i couldnt catch up. i felt like shit.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by HockeyMan0920
i had i/h/e/p on my TLP and i lost to an RSX-S, not sure what he had under the hood, but it was totally tricked out and had a carbon fiber hood. I had a pretty bad launch, and he beat me by 2 cars up to 60mph from the light. He must have had some serious shit under the hood. He flashed the peace sign as he slowly walked away. Pretty embarrasing.
was it the newer model (05-06) RSX-S? cause those things are pretty fast. my friend has one and was racing against me (03 TL-S) and we were pretty much dead even from a roll.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VeEzy
lol dont trip.

i was at a red light and some saturn pulls up next to me and he lined up with me signalling that he wanted to race and i was thinking it would be a piece of cake so i throw it in ss mode (i just got tha car and wasnt used to ss mode yet). light turns green and hes off to a good start but i shifted up way to early and he keep pulling and i couldnt catch up. i felt like shit.
I lost to one(sc2) in my 2.2 C.L and it wasn't a good feeling at all!
Old 03-31-2007, 03:19 PM
i am so smart S M R T

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down

i was on the turnpike at a light in my 96 240sx mt. I had the car for like 2 months and was my first standard car. i thought i was pretty good at driving manual because i constantly beat my friend who had a 93 dodge stealth with the 222hp na motor. We both had intakes and exhausts. I had been talking a lot of smack (because my 240sx only had 155hp stock) and i kept beating him. So we are at a red light with 10 cars backed up behind us. ( we had been driving really slow to catch the light) He revs his engine and so do i we both peel out.. he takes off but my car stalls becasue i had it in third..... end result is a long line of angry cars behind me as i try to start my car at the light
Old 04-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Stock 07 TL NBP

05 Civic LX vs 04 Hyundai Elantra VE

The worst and most embarrasing loss was in a civic. This is a 05 Civic LX 4 door, not even an Si. This is one of the most slowest cars I have ever driven. Anyways this was against a 2004 Hyundai Elantra VE. I had auto and the other guy had stick. I guess it was the stick that beat me. But seriously that civic was slow in general, i think it has 115hp or something like that. A lawnmower can probably beat it. We pulled up side by side at a red traffic light. I knew that guy wanted some action just by the way he was sitting. One hand on the wheel sitting sideways looking at me and revving. Anyways as the traffic light hit green we were nose to nose up to 40 km/h and after that he started puliing me by 1 car, 2 car, 3 and then 4. By that time I had reached 90km/h or so. It was soo embarrasing. Usually I don't race with the civic, its for daily driving but the only reason I raced that guy was because he had a hyundai. I don't even think that guy had mods. I underestimated that hyundai. Anyways that is my most embarrasing moment ever.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Burning Brakes

I think any loss v.s a hyundai(except tiburon) is pretty bad. I used to drive a 92' excel which I think is the slowest car on earth!
Old 04-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Racer

lol... I pulled up next to a ferrari at a light and gunned it when it turned green to see how quick his car was relative to mine... he had 2-3 car lengths on me in less than a second... of course I complimented him at the next light and then for the next 10 minutes or so he was driving quick enough for me to keep up, but made it clear that his car was faster than mine... My experience with most ferrari drivers is that they're really cool people
Old 04-03-2007, 01:16 AM
W00t

My most embarassing loss wasn't exacty a race.. but it did involve acceleration.

So i'm merging onto the highway in my STOCK 1998 Camry LE (4 banger) and some douche bag in a Chevy Avalanche decided to drive up to my side and not let me merge.. I was like "wtf mate" and couldn't really brake to go behind him cause he was towing a fucking boat and I had a car behind me. So I figured he is towing alot of weight and I decide to floor the little camry to try and get ahead of him. He must have heard the furious 135hp and next thing I hear is his shit just ROARING. To my surprise he started pulling away as my little shitbox is just making its way over towards the redline.

Basically, a Chevy Avalanche towing a boat beat my camry. I know the camry is not at all a performance vehicle.. but come on.. I figured it would pull ahead against a truck towing something.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:34 AM
B A N N E D

^
Old 04-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Burning Brakes

I know its off topic but don't you hate wen you got your mom/girlfriend/kid in the car and some lame ass car you know you can smoke tries to race you? Seriously, a corolla w/ exhaust revved his engine at me the other day but I had my 8month old in the car so I had to let it go...........although my blood was boiling
Old 04-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Racer

lol... I know I do ^^ at least you're a responsible father
Old 04-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
Last saturday in the 335, this young guy had his girlfriend in the car in the new eclipse. So we get to rolling and he gives it some, and i was expecting it, and pounced... destruction as expected. We get to a light though, and i'm thinking to myself "Please dont do this infront of your girl... I dont want to have to do this to you". Anyway, i'm driving to meet my sister at Chili's and she calls, and she calls me, and i look at the nav screen... and the light turns green. I trieeed to play catchup, but I was in 2nd... and by the time I had reeled him in to pass, he was preparing to make a right turn.

Somewhere, some guy is telling stories about how he beat this guy in a 335i. Oh well. I held my own in my TL though. No real embarrasing kills. I guess the worst has to be this time my friend started pulling on me in his scion xb. The fact that I was trying to see what was faster, my fifth gear or his 3rd, is completely irrelevant
Old 04-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Intermediate

my most embarrassing loss was to a VW golf gti..now it was turbocharged, when he floored it a HUGE fart dust came out..is that what happens when you floor all cars? i have an 05 AT TL, with an AEM CAI. anyways the embarrassing part isnt the race..its the fact that i underestimated those cars
Old 04-06-2007, 09:16 AM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
WOW reading all these stories is making me wonder when im gonna get my ass handed to me .. Ive had my 07 TL for exactly 4 months as of today and have won every race so far, and thats alot considering im a typical 18 year old racin at every chance ... but anyways i think ill be up on here soon posting my ego deflation story.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by badboy4life1169
my most embarrassing loss was to a VW golf gti..now it was turbocharged, when he floored it a HUGE fart dust came out..is that what happens when you floor all cars? i have an 05 AT TL, with an AEM CAI. anyways the embarrassing part isnt the race..its the fact that i underestimated those cars
There's some red gti a couple of blocks from where I live and wen I wasn't payin' attention at a stop light he chirped off the line then threw his hazards on further down the block( 2 lanes merged into one) I KNOW i could take him but I let it go( whats the point of racing in a single lane?)
Old 04-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sunny201
WOW reading all these stories is making me wonder when im gonna get my ass handed to me .. Ive had my 07 TL for exactly 4 months as of today and have won every race so far, and thats alot considering im a typical 18 year old racin at every chance ... but anyways i think ill be up on here soon posting my ego deflation story.
Yeah I used to feel the same about my car wen I first got it but my 1st. loss came to a modded G35 coupe.........killed me from a dig......... so then the mods came!
Old 04-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
FORD FOCUS....it was modded/turbo'd though

damn embarressing lol
Old 04-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by erick3
FORD FOCUS....it was modded/turbo'd though

damn embarressing lol
you shouldn't be ashamed of that... if it had the V8/turbo conversion, that means the car was converted from fwd to rwd and they're light as hell, so the car's wicked fast after those mods

This isn't really a loss, but it involves embarrassment- we were driving around in my friend's modded wrx packed with 5 people and the way he was zipping around was surprising... I know they're fast, but I've never actually been in one before and with 5 people, it was still flying... so much so that when I got back in my car, it felt unbelievably slow and I didn't even bother trying to push it for a while... I just felt embarrassed about how driving felt compared to being in my friend's car after that lol

Quick Reply: What's your most embarrasing loss?