Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well it happened.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 05:35 PM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Well it happened.....

Today I clipped someone because the person in front of that person kept hitting the brakes. Even at about 8mph the car took a hit. I definitely need a new bumper the pass light looks like it shifted a tad. I won't know until I pull the bumper off and see exactly what the deal is. I think I need a new bumper support or at least bend it back to it's normal position. I will get pics up tomorrow as I pull the bumper. I just too stressed out cause I gotta come out of pocket right now and the money I just made is going to that rather then being saved. But everyone was ok, no insurance claim is being made which I guess is good cause it would've been my fault anyway.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How bad is the damage? Does it NEED to be repaired right now? If your money is tight, then I'd suggest saving it.

Don't walk around near the front of the car, either, so you won't be reminded of the damage.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:16 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
How bad is it? My front bumper cover is cracked and has some scratches on it. No point in replacing it because it just continues to get messed up
Old 07-10-2009, 08:31 PM
im baaaack!!

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Oh it looked bad at first. but, after that bottle of malibu it didn't look that bad.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:53 AM
under renovations....

Originally Posted by marmaladedad
How bad is the damage? Does it NEED to be repaired right now? If your money is tight, then I'd suggest saving it.

Don't walk around near the front of the car, either, so you won't be reminded of the damage.
Yeah it needs to be fixed right now it's an eyesore for me to look at. And it's hard to not look at the front of the car.

Originally Posted by T-jay
Oh it looked bad at first. but, after that bottle of malibu it didn't look that bad.
The Mojito I had at dinner helped a little too
Old 07-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Full A-Spec 08 CBP TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 07-11-2009, 09:31 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
we need some pics...
and common, the money you are saving HAS to go to that?? I dont think so
Old 07-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Oh shit that sux man! I didn't fix my rear bumper for like 6 months when I hit some chick...yes its an eyesore but it still helped that I didn't have to spend that money right away.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:43 PM
under renovations....

here's the pics.....

Old 07-11-2009, 04:45 PM
under renovations....

I got the new bumper this morning and dropped it off to get painted I will pull it on monday to make sure nothing else is damaged.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:49 PM
under renovations....

Originally Posted by Blazing GT
we need some pics...
and common, the money you are saving HAS to go to that?? I dont think so
Umm yeah it does have to go to that for the simply fact I'm not driving around in a 35k car and it be damaged. That's like the people who spend all their money on an expensive car and roll around wear Paco jeans, not me homie. Btw I just did a side job which netted me 13k, out of that all my bills would've been paid off and I would've saved a 1k for myself so that's my money that would've been saved.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:33 PM
06 WDP / 07 WDP Type-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
those bumpers can be repaired. Before I got my car repainted, some idiots hit my car in a parking lot and left a couple holes in my bumper like yours. I brought it to the body shop and asked if they can include in the insurance claim. Sure, enough, he sent it out to be repaired, and it looks brand new.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:26 PM
under renovations....

Originally Posted by Be-in my TL
those bumpers can be repaired. Before I got my car repainted, some idiots hit my car in a parking lot and left a couple holes in my bumper like yours. I brought it to the body shop and asked if they can include in the insurance claim. Sure, enough, he sent it out to be repaired, and it looks brand new.
for what it's gonna take to fix it I might as well just go with a new one. And from experience it's better to just get a new one. I had the bumper on my teg fixed twice and the paint still cracks off in the same spot.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:18 AM
6th Gear

I had exactly the same damage as you but it was on the opposite side. I went around getting quotes and i went to three different places. One place said that my bumper was not repairable as there was a gash in the front bumper, just like yours. They quoted me at $800 for new bumper painted and a headlight alignment. Second place said that the bumper was repairable and it was only $350 but the catch was that they were going to paint only half of the front bumper. The last place I went to quoted me for $400, repair my old bumper with headlight alignment.

I went with the last choice as that bodyshop assured me that it was easily fixable. Just to give you a heads up, my headlights had the same damage as yours. It was pushed into the car and my headlight pointed down. When the front bumper came off, they saw that I needed to replace 2 brackets. It was approx. $40 oem parts.

I say repair rather than new bumper but hey, if you get a better deal then why not. I was strapped for cash and it was a pretty good deal for me. Just giving you some info as I went through the same thing that you did. Hope this helps!
Old 07-12-2009, 02:05 PM
under renovations....

Originally Posted by PKGSR00
I had exactly the same damage as you but it was on the opposite side. I went around getting quotes and i went to three different places. One place said that my bumper was not repairable as there was a gash in the front bumper, just like yours. They quoted me at $800 for new bumper painted and a headlight alignment. Second place said that the bumper was repairable and it was only $350 but the catch was that they were going to paint only half of the front bumper. The last place I went to quoted me for $400, repair my old bumper with headlight alignment.

I went with the last choice as that bodyshop assured me that it was easily fixable. Just to give you a heads up, my headlights had the same damage as yours. It was pushed into the car and my headlight pointed down. When the front bumper came off, they saw that I needed to replace 2 brackets. It was approx. $40 oem parts.

I say repair rather than new bumper but hey, if you get a better deal then why not. I was strapped for cash and it was a pretty good deal for me. Just giving you some info as I went through the same thing that you did. Hope this helps!
well so far I spent $300 on parts and that includes the bumper, fender bracket, tow hook cover, and the lower chrome trim. $350 to paint the new bumper(keep in mind 3 stage paint) and their gonna paint the center part of the grill for me gloss black. So, so far I'm in for $650, I figured spending somewhere around $800-$1000 easily.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:52 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
well so far I spent $300 on parts and that includes the bumper, fender bracket, tow hook cover, and the lower chrome trim. $350 to paint the new bumper(keep in mind 3 stage paint) and their gonna paint the center part of the grill for me gloss black. So, so far I'm in for $650, I figured spending somewhere around $800-$1000 easily.
Nice! Well, at least you know that your TL will be up and running, in tip-top condition and with new oem parts. Just make sure to have the bumper painted well! I would've done the same as you but as stated earlier, I was on a budget. Good luck with the repairs!
Old 07-14-2009, 07:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
g'luck with the repairs ... post pics once ur car is done
Old 07-14-2009, 08:40 AM
King of NYC

Received 217 Likes on 154 Posts
Sorry to see this. Just 2 cents here but just be careful not to ever admit fault. You never know if the other party will file suit over something like a neck injury or something based on someone's advice. You can get screwed for being too honest, don't always think the law protects you. Let the evidence shows what it shows. You don't have to admit anything or even open your mouth till you talk to a lawyer.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:32 AM
under renovations....

Originally Posted by rockyfeller
Sorry to see this. Just 2 cents here but just be careful not to ever admit fault. You never know if the other party will file suit over something like a neck injury or something based on someone's advice. You can get screwed for being too honest, don't always think the law protects you. Let the evidence shows what it shows. You don't have to admit anything or even open your mouth till you talk to a lawyer.
The guy in front of me was cool about and there wasn't any injuries. And trust me I know not to admit to anything. The funny thing i hit him in the same spot where someone else hit him so there wasn't any addditional damage to his car. I haven't had had chance to fix it this week cause of a death in the family but tomorrow I'm going to get the bumper thrown on. I saw the bumper on Tuesday and I must say it came out hot as hell much better than factory too
Old 07-17-2009, 06:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I was in an accident recently myself and had to have the front bumper replaced. I'm also WDP btw. After getting the new bumper and painted at Auto Crafters, my front bumper NOW color matches the car.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:27 PM
under renovations....

well the car got fixed today, there was very little damage but I did need a new bumper beam cause the bracket that is welded to it was bent and right where it gets bolted to was a tad bent and the bracket under the headlight was bent a little too so I changed that as well.

So for all the parts I bought--bumper, fender bracket (which i didn't need but changed it anyway), tow hook cover, the bumper beam, the absorber, and the headlight bracket I spent $600 which I think is great cause I got a great discount!! and for the work to paint it and throw it on was $350 but I threw him $400 cause he helped me pu tin my 6000k bulbs to match my fogs. I also put in my airhorns today and in the morning I will put the front lip back on. I will take pics after it's all finished...
Old 07-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
I was in an accident recently myself and had to have the front bumper replaced. I'm also WDP btw. After getting the new bumper and painted at Auto Crafters, my front bumper NOW color matches the car.

I feel ya! It is sort of messed up when you actually get somewhat excited because you have to get the front of your WDP car painted due to an accident and know your paint might actually match now.....
Old 07-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,050 Posts
Go figure that the average joe body shop can paint-match better than one of the biggest auto manufacturers.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had my front bumper hit twice. Once was people across the street, hit it with a Ford Explorer.... Made a dent about the size of a big mans fist and went in about 2-3 inches... Crazy that it just flexed like that and didnt break, crack or get a hole.

Anyway it was Repair.... That repair cant tell was EVER done, looked GREAT!

Few months later at work someone backs into my car on the OTHER side... That cracked/split the bumper from the headlight about 5 inches down.

Fought with insurance because they wanted to repair, than they said okay they would replace, and come time to pick-up they lied and did a repair... Pissed me off... Anyway the repair came out good for being a split/crack... It would be fine with me but the paint on that spot looks crapy because someone got a little too buff happy or something.

So my bumper has now had 2 major repairs and its been about 6 months now. So far no cracks or anything.

My headlights are out of wack but they replaced the brackets already so I dunno what to do on that part. They can only adjust so much because they are touching everything....

I have been rear ended 6 times in 2 years though, and none left visable damage (CRAZY!) but it has pushed my tail lights up against the metal on the car now which of course is a bad thing.

I want to get some Type-S rear's but I am afraid to take my back bumper off after all the hit and runs it took. It still looks good though, no paint marks, dents, scratches or nothing. It does have the a-spec on. I have been hit hard too, so I guess been lucky.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:25 PM
under renovations....

Sorry I didn't get the photos up yesterday but here they are now....
the front matches so well that now I gotta get the back done but I'll wait until it gets jacked up a bit more before I do it.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:54 PM
im baaaack!!

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Looks good
Old 07-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Advanced

hey, do you have the damaged bumper by chance? if so, i need one and if anyone else on here has a extra set of 07 type s head lights or fog lights please let me know.

btw, i'm new on here, i got into an accident and do not have full cover unfortunetly

Thanks

Ray
Old 07-21-2009, 06:31 AM
under renovations....

Originally Posted by REDLINERAV
hey, do you have the damaged bumper by chance? if so, i need one and if anyone else on here has a extra set of 07 type s head lights or fog lights please let me know.

btw, i'm new on here, i got into an accident and do not have full cover unfortunetly

Thanks

Ray
Nah I don't I threw it out