Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weekend races...hah

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Weekend races...hah

My friend had a C230 AMG package as a rental, so we decided to see how it faired against my TL. From a dig, I launched a lot better and pulled about 2-3 cars on him. We did a 60mph roll, and I took him all the way up to 110mph. I had atleast 3-4 cars on him. All in all, the TL wins Only performance mod I have is the AEM cold air intake....I was also on 19x9 2-piece rays 203 (i dont care how "lightweight" they are, i still feel a difference) If I had my stock wheels on, i'm sure I wouldve taken him by much more Oh, and I had my ex gf in the passenger seat...so thats another 100lbs lol

Next up....E46 M3....quite embarrassing Coming back home on the highway, a white E46 M3 tries fucking with me, so I decide what the hell....I've always wanted to race one. I had two people with me (190-200lbs each) and the M3 driver apeared to be solo. We lined up at 60mph, and I took him all the way through 3rd gear (60mph-110mph) He had me by a fender, but I don't think he was flooring it. I heard his engine though? He was probably in 6th gear while mine was redlining through 3rd haha Once I shifted to 4th, he started pulling about 5-6 cars on me I decided to just give up
Old 06-24-2007, 04:27 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 846 Likes on 526 Posts
lol c230 with amg package, that doesn't sound right lol!

TL AT vs M3, and you had large heavy wheels plus two passengers, no wonder you lost by so much!
Old 06-24-2007, 04:46 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm getting tired of this TL AT cult members trying to race

JJaber06,

I've been reading this forum around for a while now and I see so many TL AT drivers trying to race.

You own the TL version, don't even try to race with anybody on the street. Of course you will lose to the BMW M and 335 class cars. Don't even try to race with a Maxima or G35. You will lose. So stop embarassing me with this competition stuff. You want to race, sell your car and get a 6MT. Remove those crappy 19" rims. You are doing all you can to "slow" your car down, which is, incredibly stupid idea.... this is why I'm telling you, don't even try to race with anybody, unless it's some GEO prism or something. There are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many AT lovers. Trust me, the paddle shift does not get you faster. It's just for fun, not for performance.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:07 PM
Suzuka Master

These "crappy" 19" wheels probably cost more than the down payment you put on your car bud

Its funny how you say don't race a Maxima or a G35, because I raced both, and beat em G35 sedan that is.

And if I wanted to race, I wouldn't get a TL period. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the TL isn't a race car. I mean if a mid 14 second car is your idea of a speed demon then have fun getting your ass handed to you by the same cars you told me not to race. That extra gear and stock wheels still won't let you hold against an M3 or a 335.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:30 PM
B A N N E D

JJaber06,

No, you are not bursting my bubble, not even close.

The 6MT has the much of the advantage. There's a lot more to it then just an extra gear and having stock wheels.

It doesn't matter how much you spent on the 19" wheels. Spending a lot of money on the 19" set does not get you speed, but will only slow you down even more. You want to spend a lot of money on the wheels then get some high-end ultra-light wheels. Don't get anything wider than the factory spec. Those 19" set you got there seems heavy. They are far heavier than the factory. A perfect way to slow down your car. You also shouldn't be racing with two passengers. And how much do you weigh?

Since you say it's not a race car so why did you race? Doesn't make any sense.

Didn't mean to rain your parade but I get irritated when I see posts like this. You ain't the only one here. Most others are the same way too, except iforyou and few other guys which seem to know stuff and know what's good.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Suzuka Master

The TL isn't a race car. Its FWD and nose heavy. If I want to drive a true race car, i'll take the all motor 6MT 350Z we have. The TL is a cruising car IMO, just like all of the cars I mentioned except for the M3 and 335. Doesn't stop me from having fun with it though The 5AT can still beat a lot of cars on the road, so why not race it? I can beat my friends 6MT RSX-S, the so called 2-door 6-speed LSD equipped sports car.

As for the wheels, they weigh less than stock. 23-24lbs vs. 26lbs. They're two piece with a forged barrel

The TL isn't a race car, so why do you race yours? Do you really think having a 6MT is gonna put you against the evo,sti,M3,350z etc...

Nope. You may hang longer than me, but the only thing that matters is who wins, not by how much you lose.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:53 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by 6MT_Teacher
JJaber06,

No, you are not bursting my bubble, not even close.

The 6MT has the much of the advantage. There's a lot more to it then just an extra gear and having stock wheels.

It doesn't matter how much you spent on the 19" wheels. Spending a lot of money on the 19" set does not get you speed, but will only slow you down even more. You want to spend a lot of money on the wheels then get some high-end ultra-light wheels. Don't get anything wider than the factory spec. Those 19" set you got there seems heavy. They are far heavier than the factory. A perfect way to slow down your car. You also shouldn't be racing with two passengers. And how much do you weigh?

Since you say it's not a race car so why did you race? Doesn't make any sense.

Didn't mean to rain your parade but I get irritated when I see posts like this. You ain't the only one here. Most others are the same way too, except iforyou and few other guys which seem to know stuff and know what's good.
Thanks there buddy for mentioning me lol

Anyways, looks like there's a flame war going on...
Old 06-24-2007, 08:23 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by iforyou
Thanks there buddy for mentioning me lol

Anyways, looks like there's a flame war going on...
No problem bud... anytime....

Nah... no flame wars here. I was trying to teach the guy a few tips but he tries to resist...

I tried to confront him but..... Oh well.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Lol, a few tips?

Don't buy bigger wheels...they weigh more!

Don't drive with other people! They add weight to a car!

Autos aren't meant for racing!

I could get the same advice from a drunk bum in DC

Funny how you don't have much else to say, but its all good.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
JJaber06,

I've been reading this forum around for a while now and I see so many TL AT drivers trying to race.

You own the TL version, don't even try to race with anybody on the street. Of course you will lose to the BMW M and 335 class cars. Don't even try to race with a Maxima or G35. You will lose. So stop embarassing me with this competition stuff. You want to race, sell your car and get a 6MT. Remove those crappy 19" rims. You are doing all you can to "slow" your car down, which is, incredibly stupid idea.... this is why I'm telling you, don't even try to race with anybody, unless it's some GEO prism or something. There are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many AT lovers. Trust me, the paddle shift does not get you faster. It's just for fun, not for performance.
Damn pretty harsh words there! So did you buy your car just to race? I love my TL-s even though the CL-6 is faster(stock v.s stock) That's why I got some bolt-ons to make up for it! There are many 5AT's on this site that'll make quick work of your 6MT.........so u wanna race
Old 06-24-2007, 10:30 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by JJaber06
Lol, a few tips?

Don't buy bigger wheels...they weigh more!

Don't drive with other people! They add weight to a car!

I could get the same advice from a drunk bum in DC

Funny how you don't have much else to say, but its all good.
I don't have much else to say because you aren't even in the same level as I. If i continue you just gonna come up with more excuse and try to resist. Not worth time spending on ya. That's what I meant. Don't even think about trying to compare with the 6MT...
Old 06-24-2007, 11:15 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Soseductivesf
There are many 5AT's on this site that'll make quick work of your 6MT.
How? With what... turbo's and superchargers?

The other day I put more than a bus length on the 3rd gen TL AT car. Going from 0 to about 100. No surprise there because I knew what the outcomes will be. I try to tell the AT guys don't even try..... The AT has no punch to it. The 3rd gear screams some at high rpm but after that when you shift to 4th, it's got no pull. Heck... even the 6MT has the closer gear ratio on the 5th gear than the 5th gear on the AT. Plus the extra weight on the AT.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:55 AM
Suzuka Master

How? With what... turbo's and superchargers?

The other day I put more than a bus length on the 3rd gen TL AT car. Going from 0 to about 100. No surprise there because I knew what the outcomes will be. I try to tell the AT guys don't even try..... The AT has no punch to it. The 3rd gear screams some at high rpm but after that when you shift to 4th, it's got no pull. Heck... even the 6MT has the closer gear ratio on the 5th gear than the 5th gear on the AT. Plus the extra weight on the AT.
a bus length? LOL

Its funny, because 3rd gear will take you all the way to 100 so no need to shift to 4th.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:36 AM
WILL PLAY POOL FOR CASH

Who cares what kind of car someone else chooses to drive? The choice is that of the buyer only...
No matter how fast your car is, there is always someone faster and slower, except those 2 people: the one with the fastest and the one with the slowest...
Old 06-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
6MT_Teacher, since you cant receive PM's

within seven posts you already are starting in with people.

its rare when someone with only 7 posts comes onto a site and talks like this. very argumentative

consider this your first warning...

EDIT: disregard
Old 06-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
and last warning, because you've been

Old 06-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Thank you trance.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Got VTEC?

JJaber06,

Who pissed in your coffee??
Old 06-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Drifting

the guy was an ass there.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
wow..he got banned...hope that dont happen to me

anywho...i dont see anything wrong with racing in our AT TL. I just ran my friends 6spd and got whipped...haha gonna retry now since i have CAI and UR pulley.

I think its fine if we race those in our leagues...such as those damn RSX type S hehe (this coming from a former RSX-s Owner)

Jjabber, which kind of Maxima / G35 did you beat? were they auto and what year?
lol yeah the c230s are slugs...but hey...they sure do leak CLEAN! keep it safe out there bro
Old 06-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Suzuka Master

I donno what tranny they were...both were highway races
Old 06-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
[QUOTE=JJaber06]Lol, a few tips?

QUOTE]

I beg to differ. Autos aren't meant for torqueless wonders like the TL. Put an auto behind something with real power and the auto will be faster every time.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
isnt it true that the amg benz's only come in AT b/c it shifts just as fast if not faster than a mt without the possibility of human error????

...so i guess according to 6MT_Teacher none of us 2nd gen guys are allowed to run our cars cuz we all have ATs haha... well most of us anyhow... lol
Old 06-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars

I beg to differ. Autos aren't meant for torqueless wonders like the TL. Put an auto behind something with real power and the auto will be faster every time.
Indeed, having an abundance of torque can go a long way towards mitigating the additional powertrain loss through an automatic transmission.

Torque is definitely one of the reasons why a 4AT 5.5G Maxima is only about .2-.3/3mph slower through the traps than its 6MT counterpart. Unfortunately, the same likely cannot be said of the 04-06 TL of 7G Accord.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:17 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by JJaber06
a bus length? LOL

Its funny, because 3rd gear will take you all the way to 100 so no need to shift to 4th.
I think what he was saying is that the every gears on the 6MT will provide much more power due to close gear ratios, so by the time you are in 3rd gear maxing out the 6MT is already way ahead of you. Acceleration time using 3rd gear on the 6MT is not equal to the 3rd gear on the AT. Having lighter car weight on the 6MT version makes it even run faster. I think what he was saying is that the 6MT will put a good bus length on the AT at around 100 mph or so.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:05 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by 03bl AC k CL
isnt it true that the amg benz's only come in AT b/c it shifts just as fast if not faster than a mt without the possibility of human error????

...so i guess according to 6MT_Teacher none of us 2nd gen guys are allowed to run our cars cuz we all have ATs haha... well most of us anyhow... lol
lol it's because the torque in those AMG cars does all the work for you. For the TLs. MT helps our cars to squeeze out every bit of hp and torque.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:07 AM
B A N N E D

yeah....the gearing in the AT is definitely a disadvantage compared with the MT. I actaully think the AT in our TL shifts pretty quick.