3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WAKE UP, this is ONLY a TL ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 01:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down WAKE UP, this is ONLY a TL ...

I have a TL, so don't get me wrong, I like this car. However, I am so sick of people thinking this is a super car in this forum ...

People in here compare this car to a Porsche and say it has better technology that they wouldn't get a Porsche ... People think this stupid TL will worth million dollar in 40 years, and becomes a classic ... People in here think everything in this car is PERFECT, such as without the side marker on the side mirror is perfect ... Everyday, someone will say, 'this is a 35K dollar car, and it should have these functions included!' ... Any negative comment about this car except the classic tire issue, rattleing issue will get flamed such as this thread will ... :tflamer:

Dude, WAKE UP! :thefinger This is ONLY a 35K dollar car (actually only 33K before tax)! You are not one of the few chosen that can afford it! It is only a Japanese car that made in America! It is only a Honda (look at the labels on all of your windows, and see *HONDA* in every one of them!) People call it 'Acura' because you live in USA, Acura=Honda! It has 270HP, but I rather be in a BMW when making a high speed turn than in the TL, simply because BMW handles better, period. TL doesn't even have real leather in all of its interior, because it is ONLY a 33K dollar car! This is NOT a super car, but this is a great car for its value. In a year or even months, all these Bluetooth HFL, DVD navigation, and DVD-audio will be outdated, or standard on many other cars, and this TL, and many thousands other TLs on the road (because it is affordable to many others!), will just be another average car!

If I have 100K to spend on a car, (which mean a REAL luxury car, not an Acura!), I would never get a TL, and you know you wouldn't neither. Just because this is the BEST car in the world that people in here can afford or willing to spend on car, it doesn't make it the REAL BEST car in the world! :thefinger
Old 05-05-2004, 02:02 PM
I6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All this time I was comparing my TL to a space ship.

BMW 3 series does not come with real leather. It comes with leatherette. Real leather is optional.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:10 PM
Advanced

Boy, you just ruined a bunch of people's day...
Old 05-05-2004, 02:11 PM
AzNxJ32-Aspec

dude...i had a choice between an SL55AMG and the TL....i chose the TL...dont hate, of COURSE most ppl will think their new TL is bangin.....c'mon....its something you OWN that you bought......well in my case its a lil different....but no matter what....wutever one owns....they will always see it better than what other ppl have....
ex? i own a 10K rolex...some asshole bought a 11.4k rolex...n was saying how much better it was....but u know what? i felt like mine was STILL better
Old 05-05-2004, 02:12 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
on Lexus, I've seen it says *TOYOTA*
Old 05-05-2004, 02:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AcuraTLjaTT559
on Lexus, I've seen it says *TOYOTA*
nope..on new lexus..it said lexus on the windows now.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:16 PM
Pug
Team Camel, VP for Zaino

Heresy ! ! Plus, if I had 100k to spend - I would definitely buy 3 TLs. I can't get enough of them.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
25 years from now, even 50 years from now people will remember the 2004 TL as a the only car the experienced flat spotting as it rolled off the Ohio assembly line.

EL-42, a name that will live in Acura infamy
Old 05-05-2004, 02:18 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

He saw the forest but didn't see the tree until he ran into it...

Originally Posted by AzNxJ32Aspec
dude...i had a choice between an SL55AMG and the TL....i chose the TL...dont hate, of COURSE most ppl will think their new TL is bangin.....c'mon....its something you OWN that you bought......well in my case its a lil different....but no matter what....wutever one owns....they will always see it better than what other ppl have....
ex? i own a 10K rolex...some asshole bought a 11.4k rolex...n was saying how much better it was....but u know what? i felt like mine was STILL better
Dude - We don't give a flying F if you could afford a SL55. Your rolex doesn't mean sheet to us either. I came from a "true" ///AMG myself but so what? It appears that you agree with the original point of the post (The TL is a good car for the price). Why add all the crap about the what you own and/or could afford.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:20 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by VTEC
nope..on new lexus..it said lexus on the windows now.
Oh ok, cuz like 2 years ago, I was lookin at new IS, it said TOYOTA
Old 05-05-2004, 02:20 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Lexus changed the window stickers in 2001. My wife's RX300 does say "Toyota" so essentially we are now equal (both drive re-badged cars)...
Old 05-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Dude, sorry to hear you think a Rolex is a great watch.
I don't recall anyone comparing this car (TL) to a Porsche - if they did, they are just excited - but confused. For 30k (I chose non-navi) this is one of the best cars available today. There is no car for 30k out there currently that gives you what the TL does. Fact. Accept it. I too wanted a BMW, they do handle 100x better, but you know what? BWM is friggin up their own best product. The car looks like crap from a few years ago. The interior sucks in comparison and as someone else wrote - if a car manufacturer is going to charge me for leather - frig them. BMW has to wake up cause they will be left behind in the long run. They cannot compete at the TL level - don't get me wrong all the "Label buyers" like yourself will continue to buy them only cause of the pretty little hood ornament, but more and more people are turning to a car like the TL cause they get so much for the money and they don't have to pay to have a decent radio or leather. So why don't you take your piss poor attitude and take off. We don't need your kind around here. :thefinger

Originally Posted by AzNxJ32Aspec
Old 05-05-2004, 02:25 PM
Racer

All I gotta say is BMW = Big Money Waste
Old 05-05-2004, 02:28 PM
TL hacker

This is ONLY a 35K dollar car (actually only 33K before tax)!
That's the whole point!!!! I didn't have to Break My Wallet to get a great car loaded with features.

It is only a Honda
That's the best part about it!!!

When I read Consumer Reports and see the following:

2003: Honda = 3rd place, BMW = 21st place
2001: Honda = 5th place, BMW = 12th place
1999: Honda = 7th place, BMW = 9th place

It tells me that Honda is going the right way (up), and BMW the wrong way (down). I'm happy I have a Honda.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Team Anthracite Member

oops - quoted wrong person. this was meant for the idiot who started this thread. FU.

Originally Posted by TBone2004
Dude, sorry to hear you think a Rolex is a great watch.
I don't recall anyone comparing this car (TL) to a Porsche - if they did, they are just excited - but confused. For 30k (I chose non-navi) this is one of the best cars available today. There is no car for 30k out there currently that gives you what the TL does. Fact. Accept it. I too wanted a BMW, they do handle 100x better, but you know what? BWM is friggin up their own best product. The car looks like crap from a few years ago. The interior sucks in comparison and as someone else wrote - if a car manufacturer is going to charge me for leather - frig them. BMW has to wake up cause they will be left behind in the long run. They cannot compete at the TL level - don't get me wrong all the "Label buyers" like yourself will continue to buy them only cause of the pretty little hood ornament, but more and more people are turning to a car like the TL cause they get so much for the money and they don't have to pay to have a decent radio or leather. So why don't you take your piss poor attitude and take off. We don't need your kind around here. :thefinger
Advanced

Originally Posted by DopeTL04
All I gotta say is BMW = Big Money Waste
Just like TL = Tramission Lacking...

Sorry, I just couldn't resist...
Cruisin'

i currently have a 2001 MB clk430.. what a piece of sh*t, the 63,000 dollar lemon. I have been counting the days that i have left for 2 years on my lease.. I cant wait for my TL..

Just because sometime is expensive, it doesnt mean in anyway its good...

and what exactly is not real leather. Is there such a thing as almost leather, oh yes the crap that bmw puts in their 40,000 cars
Old 05-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by thegre8tone
Just like TL = Tramission Lacking...

Sorry, I just couldn't resist...

Hey I got a tranmission and and extra 20K in my pocket! :thefinger
Old 05-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ROBK
i currently have a 2001 MB clk430.. what a piece of sh*t, the 63,000 dollar lemon. I have been counting the days that i have left for 2 years on my lease.. I cant wait for my TL..

Just because sometime is expensive, it doesnt mean in anyway its good...

and what exactly is not real leather. Is there such a thing as almost leather, oh yes the crap that bmw puts in their 40,000 cars

WELL SAID
Old 05-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cutemp
I have a TL, so don't get me wrong, I like this car. However, I am so sick of people thinking this is a super car in this forum ...

People in here compare this car to a Porsche and say it has better technology that they wouldn't get a Porsche ... People think this stupid TL will worth million dollar in 40 years, and becomes a classic ... People in here think everything in this car is PERFECT, such as without the side marker on the side mirror is perfect ... Everyday, someone will say, 'this is a 35K dollar car, and it should have these functions included!' ... Any negative comment about this car except the classic tire issue, rattleing issue will get flamed such as this thread will ... :tflamer:

Dude, WAKE UP! :thefinger This is ONLY a 35K dollar car (actually only 33K before tax)! You are not one of the few chosen that can afford it! It is only a Japanese car that made in America! It is only a Honda (look at the labels on all of your windows, and see *HONDA* in every one of them!) People call it 'Acura' because you live in USA, Acura=Honda! It has 270HP, but I rather be in a BMW when making a high speed turn than in the TL, simply because BMW handles better, period. TL doesn't even have real leather in all of its interior, because it is ONLY a 33K dollar car! This is NOT a super car, but this is a great car for its value. In a year or even months, all these Bluetooth HFL, DVD navigation, and DVD-audio will be outdated, or standard on many other cars, and this TL, and many thousands other TLs on the road (because it is affordable to many others!), will just be another average car!

If I have 100K to spend on a car, (which mean a REAL luxury car, not an Acura!), I would never get a TL, and you know you wouldn't neither. Just because this is the BEST car in the world that people in here can afford or willing to spend on car, it doesn't make it the REAL BEST car in the world! :thefinger
Wow!!! Wake up on the wrong side of the bed or what? Dam* dude, this is your 25th post and you came strong with it!! You been holding a lot in this whole time, huh? Let's count backwards from 10....everyone all together now....

10 -
9 -
8 -
7 -
Old 05-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Advanced

Hey I got a tranmission and and extra 20K in my pocket! :thefinger
$20K umm, how did you get a 328 that's $20K more than the TL? With that $20K, you can buy some 'Powered By Honda' stickers that will surely make your car handle like the 3 series...
Old 05-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Intermediate

I am sorr

oops - quoted wrong person. this was meant for the idiot who started this thread. FU.
Oh sure, fu*k me, because I am the idiot person who don't agree with you completely. Yes, my lord, there are absolutely NO cars out there that offer the same as TL at $30K. Infiniti, BMW, Lexus are all piece of sh*t ... they have no comparison. Everyone should use bridgestone tires, 'drive on the technology'. Good nite lord, sorry to wake you up, have a sweet dream.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by thegre8tone
$20K umm, how did you get a 328 that's $20K more than the TL? With that $20K, you can buy some 'Powered By Honda' stickers that will surely make your car handle like the 3 series...

Did I say 328?? No dont think so, maybe I meant the 5 series, either way, I will run any 3 series off the road with my TL, and I'll do it in style :thefinger
Old 05-05-2004, 02:50 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Like I said knucklehead - 30k - no other competitors. BMW, Lexus dude? check your prices. Your not worth this boards time. Take off.

Oh sure, fu*k me, because I am the idiot person who don't agree with you completely. Yes, my lord, there are absolutely NO cars out there that offer the same as TL at $30K. Infiniti, BMW, Lexus are all piece of sh*t ... they have no comparison. Everyone should use bridgestone tires, 'drive on the technology'. Good nite lord, sorry to wake you up, have a sweet dream.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:51 PM
TLover

yes many cars will have the technology of the TL in a few years, but they wont be in there $30k cars like the TL. the TL is a better car in the acura lineup so it and the RL will get the latest technology first, unlike BMW, MB, Lexus and other car companys that have there $30k cars at the bottom of the lineup. id rather ge the best of a cheaper company then the cheapest of the best company.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Hey dipsh** - Lexus rocks, my family owns 3 - but you ain't gonna get one for 30K. Wake up idiot - maybe it is you that is having the sweet dream.

Old 05-05-2004, 02:54 PM
Advanced

Did I say 328?? No dont think so, maybe I meant the 5 series, either way, I will run any 3 series off the road with my TL, and I'll do it in style :thefinger
Yeah, you'll run it off the road because you couldn't see with the headliner falling on your head... :thefinger :thefinger
Old 05-05-2004, 02:56 PM
Intermediate

TL is a great car with its value. I am not saying BMW is superior than TL, but it definitely handles better than the TL ... I just feel pathetic for those who compare TL with all other cars, and trash them all ...
Old 05-05-2004, 02:56 PM
Instructor

On Infiniti, it says Nissan
Old 05-05-2004, 02:58 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Totally agree with that - my friend took me out in his 328i and it was like on friggin rails - never, ever have I been in a car that handled that tight...

TL is a great car with its value. I am not saying BMW is superior than TL, but it definitely handles better than the TL ... I just feel pathetic for those who compare TL with all other cars, and trash them all ...
Old 05-05-2004, 02:59 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts

Reminds me so much of a thread I started in January!
http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70178
Old 05-05-2004, 03:00 PM
TL hacker

Bah... just race a 745. His electricals are likely to break down before he can even get off the line.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:08 PM
100k miles club

hey cutemp, you're an idiot!!! what forum are you posting at? isn't this a TL forum. why wouldn't you see things that you see. i'll guarantee you if you go to the KIA forum there will be people saying that their $8.69 Rio is a lot better than the TL, M3, etc. and do you know why??? coz the forum is made up of enthusiast. did you expect the majority of the users here will say that the TL sucks, blah blah blah. the people who thought this way have already gotten rid of their TL and no longer post here.

to you the TL may just be another car, but for me and many others the TL is close to perfection. i can mouth off and say my TL is way better than your benz maybach or what ever other expensive car they have out there. the maybach owner may not agree but you know what I KNOW HOW HAPPY I AM WITH MY TL AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS. if you're not happy w/ yours don't be flaming other owners.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:11 PM
Life is good.

I don't really know the point of this thread. The TL is a great VALUE for the price, that's about it. My other option when I was car shopping was a 2001 Carrera 911, but that was 50k used. The TL is a great VALUE, nothing more. For 650 @ 60 months, it was the right decision VS. 800+ @ 72 mo. Finally, the TL has nothing on the 911, it is a completly different car, I'll get one next time.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:12 PM
Intermediate

Totally agree with that - my friend took me out in his 328i and it was like on friggin rails - never, ever have I been in a car that handled that tight...
Exactly, that's what I am saying ... but then other people will say Porsche and BMW don't have bluetooth, HFL, DVD-audio and DVD navigation, they are crap, and TL is the best ... People in here will say No side marker on the side mirror is much better, even though very obviously Honda is trying to cut cost when they would put that in TSX, RL, and states in the earlier pamphlet that it is safety feature on TL. Many in here just think TL is PERFECT and is the ONLY SUPER CAR ... Now, that's pathetic ... that's why I said, 'Wake up, it is ONLY a TL!'
Old 05-05-2004, 03:14 PM
Intermediate

Opps, sorry to wake you up ... Good nite.

Originally Posted by w1n78
hey cutemp, you're an idiot!!! what forum are you posting at? isn't this a TL forum. why wouldn't you see things that you see. i'll guarantee you if you go to the KIA forum there will be people saying that their $8.69 Rio is a lot better than the TL, M3, etc. and do you know why??? coz the forum is made up of enthusiast. did you expect the majority of the users here will say that the TL sucks, blah blah blah. the people who thought this way have already gotten rid of their TL and no longer post here.

to you the TL may just be another car, but for me and many others the TL is close to perfection. i can mouth off and say my TL is way better than your benz maybach or what ever other expensive car they have out there. the maybach owner may not agree but you know what I KNOW HOW HAPPY I AM WITH MY TL AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS. if you're not happy w/ yours don't be flaming other owners.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:16 PM