3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

URGENT: WDP/5A/NAVI Parchment on order. Need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
URGENT: WDP/5A/NAVI Parchment on order. Need advice!

Hello,

This is my first post. I've been reading the forum for a few weeks. It's so helpful for a first time TL buyer. I've put my order in for:

2005 Acura TL Automatic w/ Navigation (3.2 5AT Navigation System - UA6625KW)

Exterior:
White Diamond Pearl

Interior:
Parchment Leather with burlwood trim

Selected Interior Accessories:
All-Season Floor Mats in matching Parchment color
Wood Select Knob to match the burlwood trim
Trunk Tray
Remote Start using interface module, not valet key

Selected Exterior Accessories:
Wheel Locks
Gold Emblems
Rear Wing Spoiler
Back-up Sensor, flush mount

Anyone have this color combination? Is it too light (inside and out)? FYI: I'm going for a classy look, but not completely un-sporty (hence the wing spoiler). The only picture I could find of a WDP with the gold emblems was of a car covered in snow. Anyone have a better picture? Why do you all seem to hate the gold package so much?

I'm thinking about switching to RRP (I think that's the code for Redondo Red Pearl).

What do you guys think? I have only one or two days left to change my mind: white or red? Gold or Chrome emblems? Wing or Lip? Parchment or some other color? A-SPEC kit (but don't like the way the front spoiler sticks out on the sides, and I don't like paying the same for the kit as someone with a 6M when the brakes are not upgraded), just the A-SPEC wheels, or nothing at all?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jason
Old 02-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

welcome to the site... nice choice... is this finance or lease? and how much did you pay ?
Old 02-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Intermediate

Cool Price Paid

Hello! Thanks for welcoming to the group. I suspect I'll be posting for years to come.

I got 3.9% Financing. I got dealership employee pricing. I can't give the specifics. But I paid slightly over dealer invoice which is $31,803 + $570 (destination charge). That information is readily available at www.edmunds.com

The accessories add another $2,000 or so. I'm good, but I'm not THAT good at negotiating - my girlfriend's father is a regional vice president for the group that owns the dealership. Sorry to burst people's proverbial bubbles.

Cheers,

Jason
Old 02-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JasonH
Hello,

This is my first post. I've been reading the forum for a few weeks. It's so helpful for a first time TL buyer. I've put my order in for:

2005 Acura TL Automatic w/ Navigation (3.2 5AT Navigation System - UA6625KW)

Exterior:
White Diamond Pearl

Interior:
Parchment Leather with burlwood trim

Selected Interior Accessories:
All-Season Floor Mats in matching Parchment color
Wood Select Knob to match the burlwood trim
Trunk Tray
Remote Start using interface module, not valet key

Selected Exterior Accessories:
Wheel Locks
Gold Emblems
Rear Wing Spoiler
Back-up Sensor, flush mount

Anyone have this color combination? Is it too light (inside and out)? FYI: I'm going for a classy look, but not completely un-sporty (hence the wing spoiler). The only picture I could find of a WDP with the gold emblems was of a car covered in snow. Anyone have a better picture? Why do you all seem to hate the gold package so much?

I'm thinking about switching to RRP (I think that's the code for Redondo Red Pearl).

What do you guys think? I have only one or two days left to change my mind: white or red? Gold or Chrome emblems? Wing or Lip? Parchment or some other color? A-SPEC kit (but don't like the way the front spoiler sticks out on the sides, and I don't like paying the same for the kit as someone with a 6M when the brakes are not upgraded), just the A-SPEC wheels, or nothing at all?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jason
Jason,
WDP is a good choice! Red looks family to me... not as classy as pearl white. You definitely don't want GOLD EMBLEMS.. i prefer to debadge it... also, my thinking is always "if you want to spend money on a spoiler" especially one that will cost you $400+ get a big wing... the standard spoiler for TL is pretty nice.. but many here on this forum will argue that the lip spoiler is just as good if not better.

my choice for you again is WDP, regular spoiler, tell the dealer to debadge ACURA and TL emblem in the back. no ASPEC, save that $5800 and spend it on the Super Charger that will come out next month.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonH
Hello! Thanks for welcoming to the group. I suspect I'll be posting for years to come.

I got 3.9% Financing. I got dealership employee pricing. I can't give the specifics. But I paid slightly over dealer invoice which is $31,803 + $570 (destination charge). That information is readily available at www.edmunds.com

The accessories add another $2,000 or so. I'm good, but I'm not THAT good at negotiating - my girlfriend's father is a regional vice president for the group that owns the dealership. Sorry to burst people's proverbial bubbles.

Cheers,

Jason
i just bought an 05 ABP auto with Navi for 32,600 without a destination charge and i don't know a single person in the place
Old 02-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Intermediate

Did they have the car on the lot already? I don't know how the price I'm paying breaks down, nor do I think it matters to them or me. (What I'm saying is that technically I don't think I'm paying a destination charge, but the price is slightly over the sum of those two numbers above). To get that combination they have to swap with another dealer.

This is my second car from this dealer group. The other is a 2001 Toyota Camry Solara - Pearl White which I bought in 2001. It was the finance manager's demo for 6 months before I got it and I paid $19,200, but it had some miles on it. In my experience, it is often possible for non-affiliated individuals to get a better deal than employees, relatives, and friends of employees. You might go grey in the process, but it's possible. Especially if they have quotas to meet or if there is a dealer holdback in place. I've even seen salespeople waive their commission to make quotas. When you know someone higher up than a salesperson, however, a salesperson is always going to get a commision. It makes sense. If I were a salesperson who helped you test drive the car and answered your questions, and then you went to the GM and got your car from him without me making a dime, I'ld feel like the boss screwed me out of my commission. The upside is that there is no haggling needed at all and there is complete transparency when you know someone. To me that's worth a couple of hundred bucks, especially if you factor in the opportunity cost of all that time spent haggling and shopping around, pitting dealers against each other. Additioanlly, they tell me what every part and accessory costs, the normal labor rate, my labor rate, what my price is, and what the MSRP is - and knowledge is power

So, so far I've heard:
Lose the gold package
Lose the emblems all together
Lose the wing or get the lip spoiler
Stick with the White Diamond Pearl

What about the stock wheels vs. the ones with the double spokes?
And the interior color choices. I've been told that my choices are Parchment/Wood or Graphite/Fiberglass

Cheers,

Jason
Old 02-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Advanced

first of all, there are other pics of wdp cars in the picture gallery, spend some more time there and you will find some.

i have wdp w/parchment and I love the way it looks. as for the exterior being "too light" I think you are asking what type of "white" it is, it's not a flat or taffeta white it's an off-white. The interior is on the lighter side, and slightly lighter than camel. But the leather does not look washed out or pale, it truly has a "color" to it. I think this color combo fits the style you are going for. too bad you weren't able to see one in person. as for picking wdp or rrp, remember everyone has different tastes, as long as you're happy with the color it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks. congrats on the car.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Intermediate

Smile

Thanks! I was actually worried about two things:

1) The light interior and exterior looking washed out when viewed from the outside together.

2) The gold emblems not looking as good (to me) as they do on some other white cars, like Lexus.

I saw the pearl white 05 RL and I loved the color. Almost bought it, but the waiting list turned me off. Plus it is ineligible for employee discounts. It sparkles gold in the sunlight. Anyone know if it's the same paint?

Cheers,

Jason
Old 02-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Weapon X

I agree

Lose the gold package
Lose the emblems all together
get the lip spoiler
Stick with the White Diamond Pearl

when I got mine the wheel locks, floor mats, trunk tray and mud flaps were considered the "protection package" that ran about $400. I didnt pay for that crap. I told him to throw it in or no deal.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ihave a WDP TL w/parchment int. and I love it. Its just something about that color thats real classic looking. And when the sun hits it look out. i don't like the gold package, I think its a little too much. Not my style. i have pics posted at the photo gallery if your interested. just look for clay8898. welcome to the form and enjoy your WDP TL.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:51 PM
jjy
Intermediate

one vote for RRP

the RRP w/ parchment looks very elegant, IMO. i have to admit, when I went to buy the car, i was hesitant b/c the car was dusty w/ a little snow on it. but once the car was ready for delivery... wow! the red has a deep luster to it. very classy. I haven't even waxed/polished it yet and it looks awesome. i'll try to post pix soon as the weather is now very nice here. (but it may snow again on thurs! )

as jsk22 said, take a look at some of the pix in the gallery, although, not too many of the RRP.

whatever you decide, enjoy the ride!
Old 02-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Advanced

another vote for RRD. Awsome color and not many people have it.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:38 PM
No, you are a dork.

Pics of my WDP Parchment.....im lovin it...

http://www.pbase.com/daryl/2005_acura_tl
Old 02-08-2005, 10:05 PM
04 A-TL 6MT SSM/E N/Navi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by daryl.com
Pics of my WDP Parchment.....im lovin it...

http://www.pbase.com/daryl/2005_acura_tl
Nice pics.

but, debadge it, it will looks much better.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jjy
the RRP w/ parchment looks very elegant, IMO. i have to admit, when I went to buy the car, i was hesitant b/c the car was dusty w/ a little snow on it. but once the car was ready for delivery... wow! the red has a deep luster to it. very classy. I haven't even waxed/polished it yet and it looks awesome. i'll try to post pix soon as the weather is now very nice here. (but it may snow again on thurs! )

as jsk22 said, take a look at some of the pix in the gallery, although, not too many of the RRP.

whatever you decide, enjoy the ride!
I would most certainly switch to RRP with the CAMEL interior. Because that's exactly what I did! At the last moment, I change my order and never looked back.

Regards..
Old 02-09-2005, 07:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
WDP/parchment is a great color combo. I'm on my 2nd TL with it and think it is very classy. Depending where you live, I would look into charcoal tint for the windows. The tint accents the rest of the car very nicely plus keeps the interior cool and free from prying eyes. Do a search for brand names and percentages people are using. I went with 35% front and 50% rear Llumar titanium.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:53 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
great color combination, but i would not recommend the gold package, the gold emblems tend to loose their color after time, i would also go with the lip spoiler instead of the wing spoiler.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm Baaack!

I'vce got RRP and would be the first to recommend it for a classy look. That being said, it's your car drive what makes you happy. As for your spec list, regardless of the color you choose, if it were mine I would lose the gold and go with the lip instead of the wing.

No matter how you slice it .. you'll be happy with the TL get what you want and enjoy it!!
Old 02-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Intermediate

Lightbulb Updates

Thanks for all your comments. I've decided to make a few changes. I'm sticking with the WDP/Parchment BUT:
  1. I'm losing the Remote Starter because I don't like the brand (CrimeStopper). I'll probably end up getting a Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 2-Way Security and Remote Start System w/ GPS Tracking and Phone/Web interface*, but I'm worried about the quality of work. The last time I had an aftermarket alarm/remote start installed they butchered the wires under the dash and eventually I even needed a new starter.
  2. I'm nixing the Gold Package, because I saw it on a similar car and I didn't like it.
  3. I'm holding off on getting any spoiler for now. I might get the RonJon kit later in the year once released and have a friend who runs a body shop install it. It looks hot!

All said I'll be saving over $1000. But I will most likely end up spending quickly on aftermarket accessories

Anyone know any installers that do FLAWLESS work and have TONS of experience and references?

Cheers,

Jason

*Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 2-Way Security and Remote Start System
*GPS Tracking and Phone/Web interface
Old 02-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Advanced

I just bought a RRP with Parchment. I did not get emblems or spoilers. None of the spoiler options are worth it and take away from the look, IMO. I saw a WDP with Parchment in a show room and they also had 2 thin black pinstripes on it. That made a huge difference. Didn't get it on the RRP but looked awsome on the WDP. I would spend YOUR $200 on the pinstrips and not spoilers if I was spending YOUR money! lol
Old 02-09-2005, 11:39 AM
10th Gear

JasonH, how did you get the 3.9% financing?
Old 02-09-2005, 01:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by myculito
JasonH, how did you get the 3.9% financing?
i'm curious about that too, i was only about to get 4.14% financing and i have flawless credit
Old 02-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Intermediate

Credit Union

I got it from a Federal Credit Union. If you think you have flawless credit (FICO > 700) send me a private message and I'll tell you how you can become eligible to join a very large Federal Credit Union and get the 3.9% financing almost instantly through their website. I discovered the loop-hole and exploited it in a matter of hours. The next day a $32,500 check arrived in the mail via Fedex.

--Jason
Old 02-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Intermediate

Honda Financial offering 3.29% until 2/22/05

When I went to pick up my car on Saturday the Finance manager asked me how I was paying. I told her that I had a check already from a Credit Union. She said "do you mind if I ask what your rate is?" Of course, I told her I got 3.9%, knowing that the week before they told me their best rate was 4.9%. Much to my surprise she told me that Honda Financial was offering 3.29%.

Here are the details from a different dealer's website: "Criswell Acura is celebrating celebrating Presidents Day by offering 3.29% financing for 60 months (5 Years)! All new Acuras are included in this special offer; the all-new 2005 RL, TL, TSX sport sedan, the very popular MDX 7 passenger all-wheel drive SUV and even the high performance RSX! This offer expires February 22, 2005 and will not be extended." (I have to wonder why the NSX isn't mentioned). Needless to say I called the credit union and cancelled the financing with them.

More good news. I got the documentation fee ($199) waived, and I got free VIN etching with $5000 policy free ($299). Also, even though I picked up my car after the price hike, the dealer ate the $200 difference. So in the end I paid $200 over invoice, with free VIN etching and all accessories at cost and no fees except DMV fees: $106.

Footnote:
I love my car more than words can express. I don't know how I lived so long without it. The TL is amazing! In 5 minutes I was paired with my Sony Ericsson T610 and making/receiving calls. The ride is unbelievable.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:02 AM
iLL TL 4U2Try

hey jason i know the peanut butter interior looks good and classy but boy does it get dirty easy... and to boot i'm a very clean person that keeps my car flawless or at least i try to... If i was to do it again it'd get the same pearl white with grey interior with the whole chrome look... but i love my baby though
Old 02-22-2005, 03:24 AM
Intermediate

I'm getting the same car, WDP/5a, etc., within this week. I was going to get it last weekend, but due to a little negotiation thing, I had to wait for a few days. I love pearl white! Very classy!

Local dealerships here have a few WDP's each, so I don't know why yours is on order list; maybe it's just your region.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Intermediate

WDP Navi

Yeah, Montclair Acura in Verona, NJ (where I got my car) had none with Navi. But I called around for fun, and sure enough Valley Stream had one. Are you sure the WDPs you've seen have navi?

Cheers,

Jason
Old 02-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Yada, Yada, Yada

My '05 is SSM so I'm partial to silver but I saw a WDP yesterday and I think it looked really nice!

- don't do the gold badges
- go for the lip spoiler (there's a high quality aftermarket lip available that quite a few members have gone with and seem to be pretty happy with) It comes prepainted and is easy to install. I plan on purchasing it once the weather gets a little warmer.

Good luck.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Jason,
If you ever want to become a member, my friend can put your photos in here team WDP

bye~
Old 02-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have Quartz on my WDP, and I prefer the carbon fiber/darker interior to the light parchment/wood look. I would have loved to get ebony with white but they did not allow that option, so I went with Quartz. Quartz looks better with the high tech gauges in the front, and if you get an aftermarket carbon fiber dash kit like myself, it even sets it off more. Honestly, with both interior colors you cant go wrong. I am notorious for not being able to clean my car, so I wanted something easier to mantain. WDP is the color to get though, great choice!
Old 02-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Instructor

This IMHO is the ultimate combo. Go for it minus the gold bling.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:47 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for all the advice.

Thanks for all the advice. Just to remind people, I got my car already. I got it without the gold "bling" and without the spoiler.

Things I'm researching right now:
1) Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 Alarm/Remote Starter with added GPS tracking and phone/web interface. Similar to the CarCom Valet I had on my old car, which let me remote start/lock/unlock from any phone in the world. I've downloaded install manuals to make sure I can "interview" the installer to make sure he or she knows what they are doing.

2) Illuminated Door Sills. I heard someone is going to fabricate these soon.

3) Lip Spoiler.

4) Back-up camera license plate frame wired into Navi using Video switcher

5) Hard-wired Radar/Laser detector (K40 maybe?)

Cheers,

Jason
Old 02-23-2005, 09:51 PM
Advanced

just one more thing. The mats they have available match up well with the camel interior but i did not like them with my parchment interior and exchanged them for the black.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:27 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bfogarty
just one more thing. The mats they have available match up well with the camel interior but i did not like them with my parchment interior and exchanged them for the black.
Good to hear man and nice choice with the mats. It does complement the interior better.