3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Undecided: 2007 TL vs TSX

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:45 AM
06 WDP / 07 WDP Type-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have an '06 TL with navigation. I think this is the better of the two, the TL. My buddy has an '05 TSX 6-speed-manual. He says this is a horribly slow car for it's price. Even though it's fast when you take off(compared to the TL-The TL is a lot heavier than the TSX;therefore, it is slower when it comes to the first two gears, but when you hit the highway at 80 MPH, a TSX will NEVER pass up a TL) it is definately worth spending an extra $4,000 for a much more luxurious and faster car, the TL. I've test drove the TSX on the highway, and it feels like a civic when it comes to the left lane(America).
I enjoy my TL very much, when I want sports / speed, I just accelerate. When I want luxury, I just chill in my buckleseats. I am not much of a racer, but when I want to pass up a semi-truck, I step a little harder, and before I know it, I'm infront of the truck. A TSX would take a lot more force before it can get infront of another vehicle on the highway.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts
If you have the means to get the TL without stretching your budget, get the TL. It is a much better car. Better power, more luxurious, looks better (imho), more features, etc, etc.

People say get the TSX if you're looking for a track tool. Honestly if you're looking for a track tool I wouldn't be buying either car.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=geekybiker]If you have the means to get the TL without stretching your budget, get the TL. It is a much better car. Better power, more luxurious, looks better (imho), more features, etc, etc.

Besides the tire montitoring system, I was pretty accurate on everything else though wasn't I and also very honest. And still the tsx just doesn't add up to a TL. I may be biased because I race and will always go for a faster car (6spd of'coarse) but what's worth more in the long run, a more spacious, better looking, higher performing car or the 2007 equvalent of a four door integra with navigation? And you don't have to impress anyone except for yourself and when that slower car gets on your nerves 5 years from now when civic si's are cutting you off on the highway you'll be sorry. I rest my case.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
If you're saying the price of the TSX (w/ Navi) and the TL (w/o Navi) are coming in close to each other, get the TL. I looked at both when I bought my TL (A-Spec) and, all due respect to TSXs, it really wasn't much of a comparison. More car, more power, more room, and more refinement. Both cars are nice, but the TL is just *nicer*.

Happy shopping.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:41 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I owned a RSX-S for about 3 years, and in the last month ive been deciding between the TSX and TL... I must have driven both cars about 3-4 times (Over 2 hours in each car)

Things i noticed about the TSX:
1) It felt ALOT like my RSX-S... The engine, the power, the sound, the ride handling/comfort... Personally, i felt it was a RSX with 4 doors and more room (which isnt a bad thing)
2) It had fold-down rear seats which allowed more storage (Unlike the TL)

Things i noticed about the TL:

1) Very quiet car, i could hardly hear anything (which i liked because i hated my RSX for all the noise)
2) Ride quality was like floating on a cloud, YET it never felt like i was driving a big car... I was shocked at how great the handling was for a car that was so much bigger then a TSX/RSX
3) Power, The engine just seemed to be perfectly made... I love the acceration, and fuel economy (not bad for a V6 compared to the BMW/Infinity/Lexus competitors)

Repairs
I called a bunch of Acura's to do some research... It seems like PARTS are more expensive on the TSX then the TL. I dont have the paper on me, but suspension for example:
1500 for all shocks/struts on the TSX
700 for all shocks/struts on the TL

Fuel Economy (Fueleconomy.gov)
TSX is better on gas... its actually VERY good
TL compared to other V6's is still pretty good, it depends if you want more power at the cost of more gas. For 260HP you cannot complain about the MPG

As you can see, I did a fair share of research.... and decision making about my purchase.... When it came down to it, i thought of the reason i wanted to get away from my RSX....
I wanted something with MORE room (interior, and for passangers), I wanted something quieter (sick of hearing everything), and i wanted a comfortable ride (tired of feeling all the bumps)

My Advice:
Drive both cars.... Get a feel for them... Then sleep on it...
Go back and think about what you WANT, and what the cars delivered...

I knew the TL was right for me... because i couldnt stop thinking about how much i liked the driving experience. I picked up a 2004 TL this week, and i couldn't be more happy about my decision...
Old 03-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by aznbenz07
Besides the tire montitoring system, I was pretty accurate on everything else though wasn't I and also very honest. And still the tsx just doesn't add up to a TL. I may be biased because I race and will always go for a faster car (6spd of'coarse) but what's worth more in the long run, a more spacious, better looking, higher performing car or the 2007 equvalent of a four door integra with navigation? And you don't have to impress anyone except for yourself and when that slower car gets on your nerves 5 years from now when civic si's are cutting you off on the highway you'll be sorry. I rest my case.

haha...you're funny

I now realize I don't have a nice car because it didn't come with a cargo net. What am I gonna do?

I hope my life is good enough in the future that all I have to worry about is getting cut off by a civic in my slow car.

lets agree to disagree
Old 03-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by billabong05
haha...you're funny

I now realize I don't have a nice car because it didn't come with a cargo net. What am I gonna do?

I hope my life is good enough in the future that all I have to worry about is getting cut off by a civic in my slow car.

lets agree to disagree
I said the cargo net thing quite a few posts ago you have to learn to keep up, and don't be mad that your tsx is slower then a civic si and my tL isn't. It's funny how people all agree that the TL is the better car and your just still trying to argue with me. It's evident, and I'll say it one last time
THE TL IS THE BETTER CHOICE (but everyone likes what they like)
Old 03-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Jurisprudent
Having owned both now, an '06 TSX 6MT and now an '05 TL w/ Navi, I'd say it all depends what you want.

Given the edict to get an automatic tranny car, there was no decision for me, I knew I didn't want the TSX in auto form. The 6MT is not, though, by any means, a dog. At least not since the '06 revision, which didn't add all that much power (10 hp or so when you account for ratings differences). However, getting back on point, I felt and feel that coupled with the automatic the TSX does seem slow, and the TL was a much better fit at that point.

As for luxury? - TL.

As for Handling? - In my opinion, the TSX handles better, but it should considering it is lighter and smaller. This isn't to say the TL handles poorly, as it doesn't, but I do believe the TSX is a better track car.

As for Space? The rear seat room in the TL is MUCH bigger than that of the TSX. There is a huge difference here, as well as the overall width of the vehicle.

If you want luxury, power, decent handling, and an automatic, I think you go with the TL. If you want a MT, good handling, a decent amount of luxury, and a smaller price... go with the TSX. Having never driven a TL w/ the 6MT, I can't comment on that, but I would imagine the handling is still not as good as the TSX (as hinted, mainly a product of the larger amount of power the TL is trying to route through its front wheels)
I own one of each: an '04 TL manual Navi and an '05 TL automatic Navi. I can tell you without reservation that the manual TL handles considerably better than the automatic TL does. And in the felt and actual power catagory, the manual wins there as well.

But this is about a TSX vs a TL. I like the TSX. It's a nice machine.. inside and out. But it's no match for the TL. Especially in an area where drivers live most of the time.. torque and throttle response. The TL has it all over the TSX. There is just no comparison in this area. There are other areas, too. If you are a fan of luxury, you'll have more of that in the TL. Also more bells and whistles. And then there is the thicker steel in the doors and fenders of the TL.

Like I said, there is nothing wrong with the TSX. Very nice car and you won't go wrong with it. The TL just has more of everything to offer. Either one would be a good choice.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by aznbenz07
I said the cargo net thing quite a few posts ago you have to learn to keep up.
I know...I'm sorry you just haven't given me much substance to work with. I find it somewhat interesting that you think you have such support...but you forget your in the TL forum. Try bringing up this choice in the TSX forum and the comments would way heavily on the TSX side. It's the nature of the beast.

Don't worry, I'm not mad at you....I'm mad at the WORLD and Honda for making the Civic Si.:angryfire

But in all seriousness, I am glad you like your car so much and I hope it treats you well and good luck with all the ladies.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:32 PM
TL SL ML :)

Originally Posted by billabong05
I know...I'm sorry you just haven't given me much substance to work with. I find it somewhat interesting that you think you have such support...but you forget your in the TL forum. Try bringing up this choice in the TSX forum and the comments would way heavily on the TSX side. It's the nature of the beast.

Don't worry, I'm not mad at you....I'm mad at the WORLD and Honda for making the Civic Si.:angryfire

But in all seriousness, I am glad you like your car so much and I hope it treats you well and good luck with all the ladies.

OH GOD stop it already haha...this is getting personal for no reason, some people like TL's more than the TSX...others TSX > TL....thats life DEAL WITH IT haha....
Old 03-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by blazinginder
OH GOD stop it already haha...this is getting personal for no reason, some people like TL's more than the TSX...others TSX > TL....thats life DEAL WITH IT haha....