Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took in car for memory seat...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 12:38 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took in car for memory seat...

Well, I finally got the car back to the dealer for the amnesia seats and of course, they say that its been working fine.

I said that it normally takes a few days - is that everyone's normal experience?

Also, he had never heard of anyone complaining about this and had never heard of this problem? Is there or is there not a TSB on this?

Did get a TL A-Spec as a loaner though.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:43 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes there is a TSB. I've a copy of it if you want it. Thanks to cullal who sent me. PM me if you want it with your email address and I'll send you. Also this TSB is for VIN less than 18000 I guess. What are last 5 digits of your VIN?
Old 06-03-2004, 01:46 PM
the Budman

The TSB is in this thread. I just printed it out and plan on bringing it to the dealer when I get my first service done. It's for Vin #s 19UUA6...4A000001 through 19UUA6...4A018476.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75525
Old 06-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Advanced

i got mine fixed no problem and that was a month or so ago. Have not lost memory since. WELL AT LEAST MY SEATS HAVEN'T..
Old 06-03-2004, 02:39 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I did this too. Have anybody experienced that after doing this your driver seat is way close to B pilar? Mine can hardly let the belt and buckle retract. Asked the service manager to adjust it and arogantly told me that this change is only done in the door and nothing to do with the seat.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Cruisin'

Well, they weren't going to order the part since the seat was holding memory for them in their tests. However, when I went to pick it up, they said that they went ahead and ordered the part. It's going to be installed next Friday so hopefully this will take care of it.

Thanks for all the replies.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Racer

if the dealer refuses to fix the problem...can you show them the TSB ? does that mean they must fix it?
Old 06-03-2004, 05:45 PM
the Budman

Originally Posted by ravi
if the dealer refuses to fix the problem...can you show them the TSB ? does that mean they must fix it?
Not sure, would expect them to, especially if your VIN is in the range. If you've go the TSB in hand that says it's a problem, it's gonna be hard for them to refuse, IMO. Has anyone had this situation?
Old 06-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 04ABYSSTL
Well, they weren't going to order the part since the seat was holding memory for them in their tests. However, when I went to pick it up, they said that they went ahead and ordered the part. It's going to be installed next Friday so hopefully this will take care of it.

Thanks for all the replies.

Several months ago I just called a dealer closer than the one I purchased from and told them my seat was losing memory and they just ordered me one without checking it out first... Intially after I had it done, the memory seat light would not always be lit as it should be. Now for a few weeks it is staying lit all the time, only problem I have is that to change and program a new setting I have to put key in ignition and turn to II postion or crank the car. Before I could change a setting without putting key in ignition. I have left well enough along for now!
Old 06-03-2004, 06:19 PM
Pro

If your car is having problems and there is a TSB they should fix it. If they say they wont. Just talk to the service manager and if he gives you a hard time tell him you are calling acura's customer service and get intouch with the Acura District Rep.
"I have never heard of a dealer passing up a chance for free money" (warranty work) Most dealers are happy to replace anything that is under warranty. Hell I had my F-150 at the dealer and they called me up and said they heard a rattle in the dash that was there but really didnt bother me and offered to fix it. They charged Ford 5.5 hours of labor.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 04ABYSSTL
Well, I finally got the car back to the dealer for the amnesia seats and of course, they say that its been working fine.

I said that it normally takes a few days - is that everyone's normal experience?

Also, he had never heard of anyone complaining about this and had never heard of this problem? Is there or is there not a TSB on this?

Did get a TL A-Spec as a loaner though.

Wow, TL A-Spec as a loaner...

Takes a few days for what? My dealer fixed it less than a half of day, and I know the problem is gone in ten minutes. In my old module, the memory seat lost its record in a few minutes after in/out the car.

[color]cblackburn[/color] sent me the TSB of it. budman has links with it. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:51 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by rescueswimmer
If your car is having problems and there is a TSB they should fix it. If they say they wont. Just talk to the service manager and if he gives you a hard time tell him you are calling acura's customer service and get intouch with the Acura District Rep.
"I have never heard of a dealer passing up a chance for free money" (warranty work) Most dealers are happy to replace anything that is under warranty. Hell I had my F-150 at the dealer and they called me up and said they heard a rattle in the dash that was there but really didnt bother me and offered to fix it. They charged Ford 5.5 hours of labor.

Right. But ravi is in BC, Canadian may have different TSB system. Check with your ACS before going to your dealer.

If ACS confirms this but your dealer refuses to do so, ask the dealer to call or you immediately call to ACS in front of them and complain to ACS what's happen... :o
Old 06-03-2004, 08:55 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by dheel
Several months ago I just called a dealer closer than the one I purchased from and told them my seat was losing memory and they just ordered me one without checking it out first... Intially after I had it done, the memory seat light would not always be lit as it should be. Now for a few weeks it is staying lit all the time, only problem I have is that to change and program a new setting I have to put key in ignition and turn to II postion or crank the car. Before I could change a setting without putting key in ignition. I have left well enough along for now!
I think the side effect of your old module did give you some convenience, but it's not right. The right module should only work while tranny is in "P"?? and key in the ignition status. And, the memory seat light may not be on sometimes, especially when you shift... :o
Old 06-14-2004, 11:22 AM
Cruisin'

Waiting Over A Month For Replacement

How long did you wait for a replacement. Since I only drive the car 99% of the time I did not worry about getting this fixed, so I waited for my first service visit. That was over a month ago. The parts guy says they are on back order and no indication of when they will be available.

Thanks,
Old 06-14-2004, 11:53 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by njtom
How long did you wait for a replacement. Since I only drive the car 99% of the time I did not worry about getting this fixed, so I waited for my first service visit. That was over a month ago. The parts guy says they are on back order and no indication of when they will be available.

Thanks,

Back to the end of Feb., the dealer ordered it for me, and I got installation in the beginning of April.

This situation may be varied by the month, dealers and areas.

Old 06-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I just had mine installed last week. I had to wait a week for the part. I could also tell instantly there was an improvement because my seat memory would be lost after only a few minutes as well previously.