Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The tl is back in our possession

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 06:46 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The tl is back in our possession

Well, I never thought it would happen, but my tl that I sold to salesperson at a dealer (private sale),who later became one of my friends, offered the car back to me at a price that was outstanding.
So my youngest brother, who needs a very dependable car, is going to get a present that he does not know of yet for Xmas but a little early.
My mom, another brother and me are splitting the cost, and will be presenting out youngest brother with a just getting broken in tl, with about 18,000 miles or so on it.
He always liked the car, and the brakes never bothered him. Plus hes very fond of the stereo with the multiple cd player.
He had an rsx, for a short while and couldnt afford the payments, and wound up with some piece of crap hyandai, that is more often then not, broken down.
Cant wait to get my baby back. The deal was, that he just brought it in for service. It needs a new tire, and a b service and he was having it detailed.
He wants to get rid of the car, and buy a dodge charger. He wants to return the favor on when I sold him the car, and thus for 24000 plus the cost of the latest servicing, (Probably close to 500) the car will be my brothers.(With the deal being that my mom could use it once in a while)
The kid is making out good, but he is the baby of the family, and he works hard, but has the inability to save money for some reason, but is a great kid, and very responsible. So little brother, get ready, Saturdays the day, you will see your car gone in the garage, and a tl sitting in its place, with your name and a bow on it.

Stay safe
Old 09-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Welcome back, since it's all in the family now. What a great gift to come up with, and what a lucky guy your little brother is. In more ways than one.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can we say Welcome Home? That's pretty cool what you guys are doing. And don't forget to have him join the TL family here at Acurazine.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:47 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Welcome back though you never really left.
Hope it works out giving a $25k gift to someone that can't seem to save money. It's a very nice jesture.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gift

Originally Posted by MR1
Welcome back though you never really left.
Hope it works out giving a $25k gift to someone that can't seem to save money. It's a very nice jesture.

Your absolutely right, it is a nice gift, especially for someone who cant seem to save money, but he works hard at his job, but he is young and single, and I handle his finances for him as far as investing. I make sure he maxes out his roth ira, through payroll deduction and he is putting away 17 percent into a 401 k plan.
He doesnt smoke or drink or do anything I would consider bad, and he has a good group of close friends, who call me Sir, or Mr. Flatfoot(LOL).
Also I admit its not completely altruistic I do this. Its so the family and I, wont worry about him breaking down or having an accident in the old heap. So we feel much better knowing hes in a great car. Hes a musician, but has a full time job also(federal job), that he hasnt missed one day on since he started close to two years ago.
So, we are far from rich, maybee middle class, but on the far low side, but once in a lifetime, its nice to give something that means something and is very generous. He drives the way I taught him, and you know what I do for a living, so you know he wont break any laws. LOL

Good to be back(feels like I never left LOL). Car is coming out from servicing and detail tomorrow. I found a buyer for his hyuandai(got a decent pricce) so it will lower the cost by about another 3,000 dollars.
This car will be going in his name, so he will be paying insurance under his name for the first time, so he will have to do better with his money.
He always has money in the bank, but he spends way too much of his discretionary income, this will force him to account for his funds whereabouts with greater concern.

Much regards
Old 09-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
From what you just posted, it doesn't sound like he's the can't-save-baby-brother you originally made him out to be. Saving 17% (regardless of the dollar translation) plus maxing out a Roth is saving...and plenty of it! If anything, I'd say the kid needs to save a little less and live a little...you're only young once.

Anyway, he sounds like a good and responsible kid (obviously raised right, which so many these days aren't), and he's very lucky to have a family that cares as much about him as it seems you do. I'm going to assume music is his true passion, so hopefully he'll be able to do something with it someday.

I wish him luck with the car and hope to see you both around here from time to time.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:08 PM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, we need more kids like that these days, instead of those spoiled "Sweet 16" types -- You know, the ones on that stupid MTV show which I watch just to remind me how messed up this world is.. :P
Old 09-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Pro

wow, you guys need to chill. its just a guy and his family doing something really nice for his little brother. who cares what they do in their family. its thier family not your family, so dont make fun of the way they conduct their familial relations.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
You're an excellent brother, flatfoot. What a great gift.

Welcome back to the Acura family, too. You were already family around here since you never left.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:00 AM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think anyone here knows what you're talking about because I don't see anyone making fun of anyone in this thread. There's a reason why flatfoot posted all of the background information, which means he knew that commentary on giving a gift to someone that young will be forthcoming.

For me, I specifically said that we need more kids like that in this world, in an obvious reference to the fact that I appreciate those people that appreciate the things that they are given in life without taking anything for advantage.

Originally Posted by Ka0tik
wow, you guys need to chill. its just a guy and his family doing something really nice for his little brother. who cares what they do in their family. its thier family not your family, so dont make fun of the way they conduct their familial relations.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Pro

i was referring to MR1's post btw. no disrespect to any of the other people that left positive posts