Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tint Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Better known as "Skoopie"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Tint Problems

Well to some you may remember me complaining about my tint not covering the whole quater window in the rear. It ticked me off to hear that other people have had no problem with those windows...just the comments that it was a pain in the a$$.

Long story short, i'm gonna get all the tint removed and go to a different tint shop that actually has a computer that cuts all the tint specifically for each make/model of car. Hopefully I can get a refund for the current 3M tint that I have on it. Do you think its possible?

Also..I DO NOT recommend 3M tint. I thought it would be the better choice since I feel 3M is a superior product...its not..as far as tint goes. My tint is a couple weeks old and it has verticle scratches on all 4 windows from the windows going up and down.

I'll keep everyone posted to all that is interested. Its starting to get frustrating.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Pro

Re: Tint Problems

Originally posted by XBrian
Well to some you may remember me complaining about my tint not covering the whole quater window in the rear. It ticked me off to hear that other people have had no problem with those windows...just the comments that it was a pain in the a$$.

Long story short, i'm gonna get all the tint removed and go to a different tint shop that actually has a computer that cuts all the tint specifically for each make/model of car. Hopefully I can get a refund for the current 3M tint that I have on it. Do you think its possible?

Also..I DO NOT recommend 3M tint. I thought it would be the better choice since I feel 3M is a superior product...its not..as far as tint goes. My tint is a couple weeks old and it has verticle scratches on all 4 windows from the windows going up and down.

I'll keep everyone posted to all that is interested. Its starting to get frustrating.
Do a search for "Felt" and you'll see that the 3M tint is not the problem. You need to have felt installed with the tint to prevent scratching
Old 03-02-2004, 07:33 AM
Advanced

I have used the same tint shop for the past 5 years and they do a great job. They have a computer that cuts the tint for each window. I went to look at my car after they finished and it looked great except for one problem. On rear quarter windows I had the same problem you were talking about. You could see about a 1/2 inch of glass around the edge with no tint. It looked terrible. I asked them if the tint would fit behind the gasket in the window and they said they would try. The installer hand cut the tint for the quarter windows and the came out perfect.

If you are going to a place that has a computer cut the tint you might want to ask them to hand cut the back quater windows and have them take their time. It is a very tight fit but it can be done!!
Old 03-02-2004, 07:49 AM
Banned

Re: Tint Problems

Originally posted by XBrian

Do yourself a favor and read this thread.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...highlight=tint

Although I recommend Diamond Tint Film because of their incredible warranty, it is not the fault of your 3M tint. Also, the rear window does not need a computer to tell a properly experienced tinter how to do it. Mine was done perfectly by a guy using only his skill, and it was the very first 3rd Gen TL he had ever done.

Good Luck
Old 03-02-2004, 08:22 AM
Instructor

Don't get carried away with computerized cutting and high tech. Find a good installer that does it by hand and can adjust the tint to your car and not a generic computerized cut.
The closest comparison I can think of is:
Paying for a custom tailored suit and getting one of the rack.
Find a good tailor and be happy the rest of your car's life.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Advanced

Re: Re: Tint Problems

Originally posted by Z Factor
Also, the rear window does not need a computer to tell a properly experienced tinter how to do it. Mine was done perfectly by a guy using only his skill, and it was the very first 3rd Gen TL he had ever done.
I second that, an installer with good skills does not need a computer to pre-cut the film for him. Mine wa the first new TL they had done at the shop I always frequent and it came out perfect.