3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Time HAS FINALLY COME!!!! IT'S OFFICIAL...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Time HAS FINALLY COME!!!! IT'S OFFICIAL...

Well i can now say that i am the proud owner of a 2005 Acura TL NBP/Camel/Navi/AT. As you all know i was scheduled to make my hour and 15 min. drive this evening. I arrived there around 7:30pm. My sales guy who i've been conversing with over the last couple weeks in regards to this had it sitting under the covering waiting for me. It arrived last night. They installed the Decklid Spoiler (i love the style of it vs. the rear spoiler). They also did a full detail on it... washed, waxed, and Simonize'd it! Thats to help protect the paint from acid rain, bird droppings, etc.. Never heard of it until tonight and it has a 5 year warranty also. I could something different was done because the car looked like it was "wet" it had a shine soooo good. The dealership was good to work with especially the sales guy i mentioned before. He threw in a whole bunch of crap for me. And the way i know he didn't charge me for it was because it didn't change my monthly payment. I'll go into that later....

Oh my GOD i honestly don't know where to begin!!! This CAR IS SOOO AWESOME!!! I read your posts all the time about how well the car is and how good it feels to be behind the wheel but until i was behind the wheel myself, i really could tell what everyone meant. First off all when he was introducing all the features to me in the car i could've just stayed there and heard him tell me everything it can do. Then again i'd rather find out for myself. Oh and as i mentioned i have the NAVI and let me say that if you're thinking about getting the Navi but can't decide.... DEFINITELY GO NAVI!!! It's more than just getting you from here to there! You literally don't have to touch a single button to do what you want to do... You can just hit the button to activate the voice prompt and tell it everything you want it to do. I just had fun saying "CD Play Disc 2 Track 10" and sure enuff it would change the disc and play track 10. My dad was with me b/c naturally i needed a ride there since i sold my CL on Sat. and all he could say was "amazing"! I have the Treo 650 so i was able to pair my phone and it worked great. Only took 1 time and i was talking via the bluetooth system in the car. However, the only thing i need to check out is how it displays the signal strength and battery. If i have a call and connect it just says "In Use". However it does show the number of the person that's dialing instead of "Incoming Call". So that's cool.

Aw man what else... ok i guess i'll go onto the drive back home. It was sooo relaxing and refreshing. Of course by me being in the "break-in" period i'm definitely watching how i take off and how i brake, even though i wanted to open her up sooo badly. But i did good. I didn't take off fast after sitting still and i'm making sure that i break easily. While on the highway i stayed between 60 and 70 miles an hour. Man i can't wait till 600 miles roll around!!! But the ride is soooo smooth, i was actually surprised at how smooth it was. Everything seemed to feel right. No sounds of anything that shouldn't be there. The outside noise isn't a factor at all. The keeps the sound in the cabin very well as far as i'm concerned. While i was on the phone speaking through the system in the car, it seemed like the only thing i heard was when the person would say something. Other than that... complete silence!!!

Now i guess i can go into all the stuff that was included. So my final OTD price was $35300. It was originally $34960 but i added the Decklid spoiler to it. However, here's what my sales guy included...

Protection Package (wheel locks, splash guards, trunk tray, all season floor mats (Camel... to match my interior, and he actually told me tonight that he's going to get me the moonroof visor as well and that's going to be added also. I'm not going to have to go back to get it, he'll send it to the Leith Acura place close to me and have them install it for free!!!! Is it me or did they include a boat load of crap for me! This is the "ultimate" protection package! So as you can see i received a good deal and more than anything i'm satisfied with the service that i received from there also.

Well i know this is a long review and i'm sorry for it but i had a lot to say in regards to my "Black Beauty"!!! But hopefully it'll help someone else out there also. And again i'm finally the owner of an 05TL. If you have any questions let me know. Also if you have any feedback, etc... definitely don't hesitate to include.

THANKS GUYS YALL HAVE BEEN GREAT TOO... BTW
Old 07-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Pro

Congrats on the car. I hope to be a TL owner soon myself.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Cruisin'

Congrats on your car. SAFE driving is a must.
Dont crash your car like me man.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:39 PM
6th Gear

cool
Old 07-27-2005, 07:44 AM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats!

Enjoy your new car!!
Old 07-27-2005, 07:47 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,130 Likes on 2,566 Posts
Congrats
Old 07-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great write-up. Congrats!!
Old 07-27-2005, 09:58 AM
Racer

Thanks guys... i actually could have written a whole lot more. With this car i could go on and on but i didn't want to take up a full page just by myself. I wanted to leave it open for everyone else. Oh and i didn't mention the fact that how i was able to get the car SOLELY in my name!!!! Just graduated from college in Dec. 04! So i'm estatic about that also. It's a feel of accomplishment for me. THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 10:07 AM
I slow down for COPS

Congrats on your new ride. I hope it serves you well.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Banned

Do you have any plans to add A spec or anything? I personally think it was one of the BEST moves to the car. (Aesthetically)
Old 07-27-2005, 11:14 AM
Racer

Steel... yes i am hoping to add the A-SPEC kit to it. I wanted to work it in with the deal but i was scared it would have put my payment higher than what i was planning on paying. But yes i'm definitely thinking about it. The only MAIN option/accessory that i was definitely wanting was the Decklid Spoiler and i was able to get that. I love the way it sits on the trunk, especially up against the NBP!
Old 07-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats!! Great rig!! Welcome to the family...
Old 07-27-2005, 03:31 PM
checkmate...

Originally Posted by ac2001cls
... the Leith Acura place close to me ...
Leith Acura of Fayetteville, NC, eh? If I recall, my '03 ABP TL-S was adopted from that dealership. At least that's what is stamped on her birth certificate (owner's manual).

She relocated to Houston, Texas last year with her previous foster parents only to be rejected for a new Infiniti and orphaned in a used car lot.

There she was, sitting by herself in the back of the lot, the sole Acura apart from the clique of infinite Infiniti's, so I had to save her. After signing the custody papers, we headed back east. She is now a cajun country lass. HAHAHA
Old 07-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Racer

Old 07-27-2005, 03:37 PM
checkmate...

By the way, good going on getting your 05 TL. Treat her good...til break-in is over!
Old 07-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Racer

Oh yea i know mr.motoring... last night coming back from Fayetteville, i didn't go over 67mph. Didn't do any hard braking or fast take offs. Even though i was iching all over to open her up. But i gotta wait!