Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For Those Shopping for a New Car...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 08:51 AM
TL Hopeful ;)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Those Shopping for a New Car...

Hey, everybody. I am new here and am as much of a fan of the TL as many of you. I am going to be in the market for a new car within the next 1-2 years and am heavily considering the TL. I was just wondering if anyone else out there is in the same position I am in and what other cars they are considering. I am also looking at the G35 coupe/sedan as well as some others. At this point, the TL is my favorite, its fit and finish seem to be much better than the G35. I also know that the 09 TL will have some amazing changes so I almost want to wait for it to come out.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Before getting my TL in Feb. 2004, I shopped the G35, S60R, 330i and 9-3 Aero.

I couldn't get past the fit & finish in the interior of the G. The 330i was deleted because both salesmen I met with were pricks. The 9-3 just wasn't up to par with the styling of the TL or the S60R. I really loved the Volvo and even had the X-Plan available for it but there was just something about driving the TL and sitting inside of it surrounded by the superb fit & finish.

The 2009 TL?!? You're kidding right? I guess I'm just more of a "want it right now" kind of guy and could never wait that long for a new ride.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:08 AM
TL Hopeful ;)

Well, waiting for the 09 TL would be tough for sure. But I won't be buying a new car for another year at least, that would get me in an 07 or 08 at the earliest. In the long run, the 09 TL Type S will be worth the wait.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Banned

Well considering were talking the next 1-2 years. Most likely I will not be purchasing a new daily driver within that time frame, but my next choices down the line will be these. Although, I might buy a new vette within two years.

Audi S4
Acura TL (hopefully with AWD by this time, we can always hope)
Lexus GS AWD
Infiniti M35x (although I wasn't very impressed at the car show)

There would probably be a few other rides to consider at the time, but these would be my preliminary choices. And if none of these cars really wet my appetite at the time, I might be going back to an SUV, but we shall wait and see how gas prices are in several years. I never realized until after getting rid of my SUV how much I actually used the extra cargo room for different things.

I am still very happy with the TL almost 2 years after purchase.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by J-hawk
In the long run, the 09 TL Type S will be worth the wait.

can you link me to the website or webpage discussing this please
Old 03-22-2006, 10:17 AM
TL Hopeful ;)

Sorry, there is no info on the web. My old roommate from college works for Honda and is currently working on the 09 TL. According to him, Honda is planning on releasing an 09 Type S AWD.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:25 AM
TL Hopeful ;)

Originally Posted by Ol Blue Eyes
Well considering were talking the next 1-2 years. Most likely I will not be purchasing a new daily driver within that time frame, but my next choices down the line will be these. Although, I might buy a new vette within two years.

Audi S4
Acura TL (hopefully with AWD by this time, we can always hope)
Lexus GS AWD
Infiniti M35x (although I wasn't very impressed at the car show)

There would probably be a few other rides to consider at the time, but these would be my preliminary choices. And if none of these cars really wet my appetite at the time, I might be going back to an SUV, but we shall wait and see how gas prices are in several years. I never realized until after getting rid of my SUV how much I actually used the extra cargo room for different things.

I am still very happy with the TL almost 2 years after purchase.
I have also looked at the cars you mentioned. Here are my opinions on them:

The Audi S4 has great power but is quite a bit more expensive than the TL, about $15k or so? This car is also expensive to work on, should it need any type of maintenance or repair.

The Lexus GS is a little nicer than the TL, I personally like the interior design of the Tl better.

The Infiniti M35 is a beautiful car, again, a little pricey when compared to the TL.

My

If you can't already tell, I am looking for a car that costs less than $40k out the door.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Banned

I have also looked at the cars you mentioned. Here are my opinions on them:

The Audi S4 has great power but is quite a bit more expensive than the TL, about $15k or so? This car is also expensive to work on, should it need any type of maintenance or repair.

The Lexus GS is a little nicer than the TL, I personally like the interior design of the Tl better.

The Infiniti M35 is a beautiful car, again, a little pricey when compared to the TL.

My

If you can't already tell, I am looking for a car that costs less than $40k out the door.

all very good points there. I have certainly realized the S4 would be quite a bit more money in every aspect compared to the TL. But, there is something inside me that tells me "I need to drive one of those to see for myself" kind of things. I don't know why, curiosity.

Sorry, I didn't mean to just start throwing cars out there, or turn your thread into allout madness. I just didn't know there was a certain price range you were shooting for. back on topic now
Old 03-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
J-hawk,l if you would do a search you will find that the TL has been compared to just about anything you can think of over and over and over again.

Here is TL vs IS

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/i-just-vegas-129157/

Here is TL vs G35

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/strippers-rants-133115/

Here is a thread I just close about the 07 Camry

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/jl-audio-w0-133608/

Here is the TL vs. TSX

https://acurazine.com/forums/motorsports-news-7/1st-engine-maker-puke-year-133242/

Here is TL vs. Mercedes

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/you-engineers-out-there-132265/

Here is TL vs. BMW

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131870

Here is TL vs. Audi

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/gmat-130110/

Theres more out there but I got bored.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:06 AM
TL Hopeful ;)

Ol Blue Eyes: I know what you mean about the S4, I am trying not to judge it too much since I myself have not driven it. Afterall, the main selling point to a car is often how it feels when you drive it. I wasn't trying to reduce this to a $40k car or less thread, I was just justifying why I had said some of the others were pricey. You're fine.

trancemission: Sorry about the thread, I wasn't originally intending for this to be a comparison thread, was just curious about what other buyers are thinking.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
trancemission: Sorry about the thread, I wasn't originally intending for this to be a comparison thread, was just curious about what other buyers are thinking.
No problem bro, Ive been wanting to make a list like that anyway...
Old 03-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Racer

Honestly for the money the TL is the winner hands down. That's why we all have one. But I will say that I don't like the styling of the GS I like the IS350 better ( i hate the fact that lexus redesigned the GS and left the same old engine in it) but the IS is WAY too small in the back seat.

I LOVE the M35/45, but it costs about 10-25K more, and the G35 was too small too. The mercedes everything is an option and after all is said and done you are looking at a C350 with the same options at like 48K. No thanks

So I chose the TL, although the M35/45 wasn't out yet I think I made the right choice, although I REALLY REALLY want those air conditioned seats in the M series. I still might trade in for the Infiniti M, but my other car is coming in September and well I don't think I can drop anything more on upgrading AGAIN to the M series.

Ryan
Old 03-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Racer

I'll wait for the unveiling of the 2nd Gen G35 (G37s) during NY Auto Show in a month. So far, no anticipated pics to see the sedan version....If Infiniti improves the interior, I see alot of jumpers...