Sponsored by:

Thank you! A simple quesiton has been answered

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 04:41 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you! A simple quesiton has been answered

Dear TL owners,

I'd like to give you my sincerest thank you for directing me to the proper way to reset my oil change reminder. The community here is so large that I found myself very quickly enveloped in mass-loads of threads, and links that kept popping up new browser windows to either semi-relavent or not-so-relavent information. Needless to say, I was lost here.

It has been my experience that forum trolls are the ones with the most knowledgable answers to petty questions such as mine, but are always reluctant to respond to a thread because the nature of their hobby warrants seeing these questions time-and-time again. Thus, the people with the most prevelant ability to answer a question will usually not answer the question because they have answered it so many times before. If you read my post A simple question so hard to find on these forums?, then you'll quickly note that a non-directed rant will accomplish what I was going for.. enough activity on the post so that when I come back 5 hours later on the boards, it's not lost on page 10 with 1 response saying 'read the manual'

So I'd like to reiterate that I want to thank the forum users for answering my questions because let's face it, without you guys, the internet would not be as fun.

I'd also like to address some memorabe quotes from the previous post which is now closed! (woot! I got locked on the boards with my first post evahh! >>strokes epeen<<)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What dealer do you go to that charges $99.97 for an oil change?
I went to Valencia Acura.

They're nice, just expensive. I couldn't justify why I should pay 99 bucks to get my tires rotated and an oil change. I paid this on my A1 service, but I was not suckered in twice.

Did you ever think about sitting down and acutually READING the owner's manual that Acura provided you with? It's amazing what you might actually find out about your automobile if you had taken the same amount of time to read it than come on here and bitch.
My dealer said the same thing when I called him before posting here. That is why the internet was invented, so you didn't have to read newblet. I swear man, some people.

As for your rant
Yes - the search function can be challenging, but so is "refraining" while responding to ignorant rants like yours......

And yes, we are a friendly bunch here!! WELCOME

Cheers
Look at this! KJSmitty is so nice. Thanks!

Response to rant: I hope you get a door ding today
You'll be relieved to know I have modifed my Acura TL and removed the doors for weight reduction purposes. I think my TL now does the quater mile in 19.2 seconds. The VTEC sticker came off along with the door when I removed it which dropped 5 horsepower, but I made up for it by tatooing VTEC on my left arm so when I'm driving it shows.

Check the manual before anything else, it might answer a question or two.
Dear A SiQ TL,

Check the 5 posts above you that all said "read the manual" before responding and it might have answered a question or two.

Nice name by the way, I think your name actually means, "a sick tl" that's so creative! I wish all people were as cr8tive as u! (ohh burn!)

I am pleasantly surprised that a full-blown has not started; I prefer not to be insulted when asked for help.
Dear Will Y.,

I was expecting a response as such. I'm must say that people are very kind on these forums. You should try your luck on the WWII Europe forums.. man those guys are relentless.

Ready for the irony? The search is so difficult because it pulls up worthless threads such as this, and people need to read through this crap before finding the answer to their question.
At least it's entertaining.

Now if he would have been polite, then there wouldn't have been this abuse directed towards him.
Dear Tripp,

I thank you very much for your kind words of encouragement and direction. Please, I'm sorry for offending somebody of your stature, and accept my humble apologies as new beginnings to a fun and happy friendship together. If you'll excuse me for a moment, I need to get a napkin real quickly, I have some liquid dripping from the side of my mouth.

This deserves no answer and no respect.

Plus the pot shot at the mods was pathetic.
Dear Tripp,

This is your third post on this thread attempting to boost your credibility with the community. It's better to post when you have the mod's cock out of your mouth because people might actually understand you better.

I personally have found this forum to be a great community overall, and I'd say that forum members make a great effort to answer questions in general, even if they have been answered before. We welcome new members and know that you'll learn a lot here. You can see by the unified theme in the responses that you were quick to pull the trigger on your impulsive emotion when you didn't find what you expected...but ironically what you did find was that we are "birds of a feather that stick together"
If I were you, I'd consider this lesson learned..all you had to do was say you just joined and you couldn't find this information..here's your chance to start again
popeyedeno,

Seriously though, the welcome was very warm. I bought my vehicle nearly a year ago, I never thought to get involved with it on the forums. I only found out about these types of forums when a buddy of mine bought an old beat up porsche he wants to fix up, and spends about 80% of his day on the forums. I thought i'd give it a try too. This is actually pretty good information on here.

Thank you popeyedeno, people such as yourself on these forums really speaks loudly for others in the community as well. Much obliged.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 08-31-2006, 04:53 PM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 08-31-2006, 04:57 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Non directed rant? You insulted everybody to get your question answered because you were too damn lazy to search the forums.

I hope they ban your worthless ass.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:03 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
oh and by the way, you dont even know what a troll is:

An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.
ahh the irony.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Is this guy serious? What a douche! Learn to use the fucking SEARCH feature n00b! All someone had to do was look in the 3GTL Garage.....
Old 08-31-2006, 05:09 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

i went 2 the dealer and paid like $30 for my oil change and they supposedly change all fluids 2 - but now i do it myself 4 free ---- I've never seen a $99.97 charge anywhere for an oil change - they really must of seen u coming.....LOL
Old 08-31-2006, 05:10 PM
Not a dude.

Originally Posted by oomagnumoo
Dear TL owners,

I'd like to give you my sincerest thank you for directing me to the proper way to reset my oil change reminder.

...... blah blah blah ........

Thank you popeyedeno, people such as yourself on these forums really speaks loudly for others in the community as well. Much obliged.

This poor little twit actually thinks he invented sarcasm. How sad.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

a little sensitive huh??

Old 08-31-2006, 05:20 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
awesome
Old 08-31-2006, 05:24 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
... and I thought I was one of the most abrasive acurazine members.

"I hereby renounce my crown as 'The Fu*King Donkey' to you sir".
Old 08-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Undercover Slacker

Interesting, I thought TL owners usually like to hate on TSX owners, not their own kind...
Old 08-31-2006, 05:45 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 08-31-2006, 05:47 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So this is where all the fun is these days now that Ramblings has quieted down?
Old 08-31-2006, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
The management request that you refrain from flaming the noobs.

This is now forum policy and we must try hard to adhere to it.

Thank you for your cooperation and I can understand it may be difficult for some, so to those few, thank you even more.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,149 Likes on 775 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
The management request that you refrain from flaming the noobs....
But, MOOOOMMMM...HE STARTED IT!!! IT WASN'T ME....

Sorry, I had to interject that. Also surprised you [Ron A] didn't lock this one as well, as I see this thread going the same way as the last one.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:29 PM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
I just gave him a thumbs up and was hoping he would

It's not everyday someone asks for it that badly. The guy just wants attention... thats all (psst.... I think he was ignored as a kid)
Old 08-31-2006, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Will Y.

Sorry, I had to interject that. Also surprised you [Ron A] didn't lock this one as well, as I see this thread going the same way as the last one.
I didn't want to have the dubious honor of being the first mod ever to lock the first two posts a new member has made here. I thought maybe I could quiet it down and hope for the best.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:27 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
I didn't want to have the dubious honor of being the first mod ever to lock the first two posts a new member has made here. I thought maybe I could quiet it down and hope for the best.

Or hope that he DIAF (Dies in a fire)?.....
Old 08-31-2006, 07:50 PM
FOR SALE - BM

what the hell is this all about.... im confused why are you so mad..... oomangnumoo could you please refer me to the thread in which you are speaking about..... im to lazy to use the "search" feature.....
Old 08-31-2006, 08:16 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by drdamian
what the hell is this all about.... im confused why are you so mad..... oomangnumoo could you please refer me to the thread in which you are speaking about..... im to lazy to use the "search" feature.....
-----> Good one!
Old 08-31-2006, 10:53 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Will Y.

Can't close it yet!!!! Some of us still have popcorn and soda left....
Old 08-31-2006, 11:07 PM
Administrator

This thread has reached the please close this thread immediately point so I will close it.

I don't know if oomagnumoo has any ulterior motives or is just new to car forums, but it is notable that he started two threads and didn't post anything in them after the first post.

I hope I can ask politely, but please do not start another thread commenting on the fact that your second thread was closed also.