Taking my tl in for service- need advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004 | 04:14 PM
9th Gear

Taking my tl in for service- need advice

I am taking in my tl for vibration issues tomorrow. I have already been told by the service manager that flatspotting is not a problem, that all the tls have flatspotting and it is just a property of the great el42 performance tires. It seems he won't fix it because he won't say that it's a problem, just a characteristic. He will check into my vibration at 35 & 55 mph. How do I handle him tomorrow? I am a woman and I don't want to be treated like an idiot. Thanks......
Old 03-04-2004 | 04:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Taking my tl in for service- need advice

Originally posted by acuranut
I am taking in my tl for vibration issues tomorrow. I have already been told by the service manager that flatspotting is not a problem, that all the tls have flatspotting and it is just a property of the great el42 performance tires. It seems he won't fix it because he won't say that it's a problem, just a characteristic. He will check into my vibration at 35 & 55 mph. How do I handle him tomorrow? I am a woman and I don't want to be treated like an idiot. Thanks......
acura sent out a message that the tires can be swapped out. do a search for it and there's a number you can give him that will say it's a defect.
Old 03-04-2004 | 04:20 PM
Moderator Alumnus

EL42s are not performance tires...

Besides the searches, call to ACS now and tomorrow before you go. I don't have any specific info handy, wish one of ACS representatives would give you some details.
Old 03-04-2004 | 04:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

didn't someone give out a tsb #?
Old 03-04-2004 | 04:25 PM
Newbie for Life

Originally posted by adam209
I thought it was for the seat memory loss issue only...hell, I can't remember what I read 2 minutes ago sometimes.
Old 03-04-2004 | 04:26 PM
Pro

Originally posted by adam209
I was told that a TSB exists for this problem by my Service rep, but I do not have the number. I'll get it March 19th when I go in for it, and then I'll post
Old 03-04-2004 | 04:35 PM
Pro

I haven't noticed the vibration issue that everyone is talking about at 55mph?
Old 03-04-2004 | 04:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by rynpamn21
I haven't noticed the vibration issue that everyone is talking about at 55mph?
not everyone gets it.
Old 03-04-2004 | 07:30 PM
R&D of Team Anthracite

You need to request to escalate the issue to acura district manager. Tell the service manager that it is a problem ( thats if you actually feel the vibration around 50 -55 mph and not just by going what members on this board are saying) and that you're every dissatisfied. Tell him that it is not a characteristic. The service manager doesnt know jack shiet about the 04 TL. He's trying as best to save the dealer from having to spend money (by replacing tires). The Acura district manager is the guy you should talk to. I'm getting my revise EL42 tires by mid month. I had the district manager drove my car and he finally admit i have the flatspotting. Dont let the dealer take advantage of you. Show them your not happy. i dont know if your the soft type of girl or not but you cant just sit there an accept the dealers answer. I dont know if theres a TSB or not but i getting my tires and memory seat problem taking cared of. And i know they didnt just pick only me out of thousands of TL owners to decide to replace the tires and memory seat. So i have the problems and im getting it taken cared of and so should you ( if you really have the problem). Good Luck and let us know what they say.
Old 03-04-2004 | 10:50 PM
9th Gear

Thanks everyone for the replies, I called ACS tonight and was very reassured that my problem would be taken care of, but maybe not instantly. ( I hope the were alluding to the new El42's)

I have been feeling the vibration since the car was new, but I thought I was being overly sensitive because of the reports on this board. However now the vibration is so bad that my husband is angered everytime he drives it. I can't wait for this to be fixed so I can return to the bliss of owning a 2004 TL!!

Thanks rets for the advice about calling ACS....
Old 03-05-2004 | 04:40 PM
9th Gear

I just returned from picking up my car, and they have ordered me new tires. I have to wait 4 weeks approx. They will be from Bridgestone. Jay Wolfe Acura did right by me today and I appreciate all your help from the board!