Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T608 with handsfree question

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T608 with handsfree question

I have the T608 paired and working, but I cannot figure out how to get the car to reconize it everytime I get in.

I end up having to stop put the phone in discoverable mode, (which only lasts for three minutes) put it back in my pocket, get in, start the car, and it recognizes my phone.

So I guess what I am asking here is, do I always have to go through the above ritual

p.s. I have tried both modes of BT as well, Auto less battery drain, and On which is a complete battery drainer.

Any input will be helpful.

T/M,
Nick
Old 01-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No the handshake process is done only once. After that the car recognizes it every time its in range. Work very neat doesn't it? When I was making my phone book I thought the system was faulty because it would take numbers very well. I read the manual and the HFT computer only can take numbers in certain "packages" 3, 4, 7. If you try to input numder in another size it doesn't work. Goes to show you the manual is where its at!
Old 01-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Racer

As far as I can it only needs to be done once as well. I don’t have my TL yet, but I just purchased a T610 and a Bluetooth adapter for my PC so that I could use Bluetooth to enter all my contacts in through Outlook. The phone and the USB Bluetooth adapter worked great together. I just need to make sure Bluetooth is turned on for both and they will auto-find each other. I never have had to reconfigure, etc.
My guess is that the TL also works in this fashion.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Racer

You have to go to the Bluetooth menu and select option 3 -- "mode" and then option 3 again for "on." As you mentioned, keeping it in this mode really drains the battery. What I've done is to make the bluetooth menu the hotkey (I don't remember how I did it, but now I can jump right to bluetooth by holding the joystick left for a second) -- then I just hit 3 and 3, and the phone is in bluetooth "on" mode. After I get out of the car -- hold left, 3, then 2 to put the phone back into auto mode (in auto mode the TL cannot initiate a connection with your phone, so you can't dial out, but if someone calls, you should still be able to answer with the handsfree).

What's been happening to me is that I'll get a call and I'll press the call answer button to answer and the call somehow is automatically transferred back to my cell phone. The functionality/voice recognition on the handsfreelink is far far inferior to that of the navi...
Old 01-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Burning Brakes

vtechbrain, do you have the T608? I have that phone and the car doesn't recognize it everytime I get in.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Banned

RJ I do, but in truth I have removed the phone from the car only a few times. I have it wired all the time in the center compartment. The manual says it has to be done only once. Try it again following the manual step by step. At some moment during the installation It will ask you to enter a sequence of 4 numbers in the phone and I belive in the car too. I think that might be the part you haven't gone through yet and thats why it wont remember it.
Old 01-08-2004, 03:30 PM
Burning Brakes

no i did everything correctly, something isn't right. maybe our system is defective like that other member.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Advanced

Thanks all, I just hot keyed the options button. hold it for 2 seconds, the bluetooth menu pops up with the first option of discoverable highlighted, push select and put phone away. This allows me to keep the battery from quick drain by having the BT mode stay in auto vs on.

Side Note, check out www.t608.com

V/R,
Nick
Old 01-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Intermediate

T608 works ok

I have the T608 as well. I have paired it once and the TL recognizes it everytime. I did have a problem twice where the phone rang and I answered it by hitting the phone button on the steering column but after 3 or 4 seconds the radio came back on. The person I was speaking to was on the phone however and I spoke to them through the phone. I tried Transfering the phone to the HFL but a message came up on the dash that said the phone was busy. No Sh-t, I was using the phone. Both times I had the key press locked and I am thinking that had something to do with it. ??? Also, why couldn't the HFL use the phonebook in the phone that would be useful.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:20 AM
5th Gear

t608? is that with sprint? where can you find these phones (besides ebay)??
Old 01-09-2004, 06:16 AM
Pro

Originally posted by digimack
t608? is that with sprint? where can you find these phones (besides ebay)??
besides ebay....

ebay.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:00 AM
Intermediate

Sprint Telesales

The T608 was only available by calling Sprint direct. It was not available in stores or on the web.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:05 AM
Advanced

1-866-PCS-AUTO 1-866-727-2886 and the and the questionable $100 rebate form available on the www.t608.com site under downloads.

V/R,
Nick
Old 01-14-2004, 11:49 AM
Instructor

Re: T608 with handsfree question

Originally posted by nxtr
I have the T608 paired and working, but I cannot figure out how to get the car to reconize it everytime I get in.

I end up having to stop put the phone in discoverable mode, (which only lasts for three minutes) put it back in my pocket, get in, start the car, and it recognizes my phone.

So I guess what I am asking here is, do I always have to go through the above ritual

p.s. I have tried both modes of BT as well, Auto less battery drain, and On which is a complete battery drainer.

T/M,
Nick

Tested this in mine, had no problem. The T608 and car linked up OK every time. You might want to make sure they were paired correctly. I would suggest deleteing the pairing in the car AND in the T608, then go through the pairing instructions again.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Instructor

Re: T608 with handsfree question

T/M,
Nick

PS...

Putting the phone in discoverable mode only creates a temporary connection. Hence, you will have to reconnect every time you get in the car.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:24 PM
Team SSM

Why the hell is the T608 selling for around 300 on ebay!!! its worth 200 from sprint, and there'll probably be more rebates....

ebay should be less.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:50 PM
Pro

I just got the T608

I just got one of those T608s that came out.. Of course finding things from Sprint like the DC Power cable is out of the question..... you can get it from Sony Ericsons site, as it uses a totally different cable than most of the other phones today (the CLA-12 instead of the CLA-11)

I was surprised to find out how easy it was to get the HFL runing and howe incredible the voice recognition was saying the phone numbers.

No matter what inflection I used it understood everything perfectly.... Amazing that it worjks great for the car, but really GOOD integrated voice recogniztion for a PC is still out of the question.

I also had some pairing issues... and I may have found a solution to what people here have been describing.

First after pairing the phopne needs to be in On for Mode like everyone is saying.

Second, it seems if the phone is set to on and THEN you start the car up, bang.. finds the phone and you are good to go..l you even see the two arrows on the phone letting you know there is 2 way bluetooth communication.

However, in testing.. if the car is ON and you go to On mode, it seems NOT to always work.. sometimes you need to go to the list of items on the phone and select the HandsFree and hit connect...

So basically if the phone is on THEN the car, and it is on ON for Bluetooth, then its good to go.

On another note... does ANYONE know where to get a case for the T608 that has a CLEAR front.. not one you take the phone in and out but one that it always onthe phone and you use keys through the plastic.. like many other cases??

Any help is aprpeciated.... and a link.

Mike
Old 01-17-2004, 10:38 AM
Advanced

Mike, Go to the following,

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...threadid=33316

If the it is a bad link, just go to www.sprintusers.com , then to forums, then to search, for the following. Great T608 Case with pics

If you dont like those go to the http://www.sonyericsson.com/us/spg.j...PSM_V&gal=site , then click on accessories.

and another new T608 site, http://t608.com/ , I hope this helps.

P.S. if you want a BT headset that actually works get the SE HBH65.

V/R,
Nick
Old 01-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Pro

Mike, Go to the following,

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...threadid=33316

If the it is a bad link, just go to www.sprintusers.com , then to forums, then to search, for the following. Great T608 Case with pics

If you dont like those go to the http://www.sonyericsson.com/us/spg.j...PSM_V&gal=site , then click on accessories.

and another new T608 site, http://t608.com/ , I hope this helps.

P.S. if you want a BT headset that actually works get the SE HBH65.

V/R,
Nick
I bought that HBH65 bluetooth headset.. will be getting it Monday!

However, the case they show there people say has no Power hole... and what is the one they talk about from Sprint??? I did not see ANY T608 accessories anywhere on Sprints website.

Any other case ideas.. clear plastic front.. with all the holes in the right place?

Mike
Old 01-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Advanced

Mike, Power hole quick fix, careful, steady hand, sharp drill bit. mark spot on case, (remove phone ) and drill through, you now have a power hole.

The sprint case was apparently ordered from the accessory phone number.

Let me know how the HBH65 works I have tried the Jabra BT200, in fact three of them, with no luck.

Final note; If you suffer from the seat memory loss issue, be ready to pair your phone again ever time you have to reset the seat memory.

V/R,
Nick
Old 01-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Pro

Final note; If you suffer from the seat memory loss issue, be ready to pair your phone again ever time you have to reset the seat memory.

V/R,
Nick
I suffer from it and have not had to repair my phone at all.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:37 PM
Pro

Does anyone know the number to this SPRINT ACCESORY HOTLINE... They seem to have a good case with all the holes, although expensive...

I usually get things at the store or over the web... does anyone know this # to this accesory hotline to get a T608 case?

Mike
Old 01-18-2004, 09:17 PM
Advanced

Mike, Try this;

Please call toll-free 1-800-974-2221 M-F 8:00 am CST - 9:00 pm CST | Sat 9:00 am CST - 7:30 pm CST | Sun 11:00 am CST - 7:30 pm CST

V/R,
Nick
Old 01-24-2004, 11:24 PM
2nd Gear

Just wanted to reply to some of the comments/questions.

First, if you call the sprintpcs auto number that you used to buy the phone, you can get a car charger from that number as well.

The HBH65 does work great with the t608, but what happens when you are in the car and the phone rings? does it go to the car, headset or both?
(my tl is in the shop already. got rear ended by some A**hole driving on the shoulder and cut over and hit me while I was parked. Get this, my insurance is paying for the car because he claimed someone hit him and that is why his car hit mine. Even though there was no damage to his car during the accident, but mysteriously there was damage 3 weeks later when the insurance adjuster looked at it.)

I have the phone on Bluetooth on all the time and it last 2 days with the headset. Too bad my hbh65 only lasts a few hours. Anyone else have the same problem with the SE HBH-65?
Old 01-25-2004, 06:10 AM
Pro

Originally posted by plee24
Just wanted to reply to some of the comments/questions.

First, if you call the sprintpcs auto number that you used to buy the phone, you can get a car charger from that number as well.

The HBH65 does work great with the t608, but what happens when you are in the car and the phone rings? does it go to the car, headset or both?
(my tl is in the shop already. got rear ended by some A**hole driving on the shoulder and cut over and hit me while I was parked. Get this, my insurance is paying for the car because he claimed someone hit him and that is why his car hit mine. Even though there was no damage to his car during the accident, but mysteriously there was damage 3 weeks later when the insurance adjuster looked at it.)

I have the phone on Bluetooth on all the time and it last 2 days with the headset. Too bad my hbh65 only lasts a few hours. Anyone else have the same problem with the SE HBH-65?
I use my bluetooth phone T608 as a secondary phone.. I keep it in the compartment in the car always on and plugges into the lighter jack.

It seems you can only pair one device at a time to the phone.. you need to CONNECT the headset if you are using it.

it does not seem you can TRANSFER right to the headset however, you can probably transfer from car to phone, then turn off car engine and then press the button on the headsert and the call should go there.. or I assume.

Does anyone know for sure? I also have this headset but haven't used it much.

Mike

PS - How do you deal with the annoying over the ear thing?