Sponsored by:

Sunroof issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunroof issue

Hi to all,

I bought my 04 TL off lease and gave to my wife, I got an 08 Pilot, what a mistake. Any way today I was lubricating hinges etc, with jig A Loo and I lost the Spray tube nozzle in the track of the sunroof. I cannot locate in the track, the roof works fine during open & close. Do I need to try and loacte the nozzle or just leave alone?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
I would just let it be. No need to go in possibly causing more damage, if there is no issues...

Just keep in mind that its in there, and IF you ever do have issues, you will know what it could be
Old 04-19-2009, 10:46 PM
HOME SWEET HOME....

+1 on leaving it there...... just try to fish it out one day if u ever see it again or if u DO start having sunroof issues.... i highly doubt it though as that tube is so then the roof will slide over it back n forth
Old 04-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
thats not a sunroof issue, thats a whoops, i am a dumb ass issue...happens to all of us....
Old 04-20-2009, 08:24 AM
Man of God.....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

If I were you..... I would thank God that it didn't gum up the works on the roof! Then I would take the wife out to a nice dinner too celebrate! You dodged a bullet here. Now move on. Forget about it. Never look back!

Old 04-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Angelo first TL
Hi to all,

I bought my 04 TL off lease and gave to my wife, I got an 08 Pilot, what a mistake.
I'm just curious to know why you think you made a mistake? I have an 04 TL and an 03 Pilot. Both are great and have given me 0 problems. I can only assume the 08 Pilot is as good if not better than an 03???
Old 04-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by djwoody
I'm just curious to know why you think you made a mistake? I have an 04 TL and an 03 Pilot. Both are great and have given me 0 problems. I can only assume the 08 Pilot is as good if not better than an 03???
Same here. I have an '04 TL and and '07 Pilot. Both great vehicles. The new Pilot appears to be even better than the previous generation. I sometimes wish I had waited. The openning rear window would be a huge help.

Don't get me wrong, though. I still prefer the TL. But for hauling stuff the Pilot is great.

As for the sunroof issue, I wouldnt worry about it. The only issue I could imagine would be if it caused the drain to get clogged and water backed up inside. But I think that is a remote possibility.

Last edited by SpecialFX; 04-20-2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
There is a lot of space in the channels to allow for water to drain. There are 4 drain tubes - one on each corner of the sunroof. Each of them is larger than a spray can nozzle, so it's likely that the nozzle will flush right through the tubes and onto the ground.

For those of you who ever wondered what those clear tubes were in the rear quarter panels behind the cover in the trunk... these are where the rear tubes in the sunroof drains. I'm not sure where the front tubes run though.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for the feedback on the sunroof. I do agree it is a dumbass move.

I do not want to break any rules of the site, as far as the Pilot goes, it is an 08 which still is the old design. I have an electrical problem with driver express up & down feature, it works thens stops working then starts working, the dealer looked at it and reset the computer, however this is only temporary as it happened again. The main problem has been the middle row seat, behind driver, at first it would not move forward to allow entry to back seat, that was fixed, then it would not reset to the original seating position, that is fixed and now it will not fold flat anymore. I have had about 10 dealer visits to 2 different dealers since July 08 and still not fixed. The second dealer is at least trying and providing a rental when they have my vehicle, the first dealer Maple Honda was absolutely rude and ordered parts and never contacted me to follow up. I even sent a email to service manager who never replied, when I followed up with Honda Canada, they put me on hold and contacted the dealer, asked me who I was dealing with, I told them the service manager name, and they said he was on other line and he did not remember me. I then faxed them copies of my email and Maple Honda's own work order which stated parts were on order. They called me back and said there had been a misunderstanding at Maple Honda and when the parts had arrived, they did not know who they were for and therfore they returned the parts. The worst part is Honda Canada customer service said that they could offer me to go back to get this looked at by another dealer. That was a slap in the face as I believe they have a legal requirement to repair as it is part of the warranty. Any way the whole experience has left a very negative opinion of Honda with me. When my current lease is up I do not think I will be looking at any Honda products, and I make sure I share my story with anybody that wants to hear. My 04 TL is the best car I have ever owned, however Honda Canada has alot of work to do with customer service.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Instructor

Sorry to hear about the customer service issues you have been experiencing. I am also in Toronto and have had many unsatisfactory experiences with various dealerships (not only Honda) over the years.

In the past 2 years I have been taking my Pilot to Number 7 Honda (corner of Hwy 7 and Martin Grove Rd) and have been very impressed with their service and the overall experience. Give them a try - they seem to be very honest and reliable.