3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid Dealer, Stupid Customer Concerns.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Stupid Dealer, Stupid Customer Concerns.

So.. my dearest 04 finally goes in for its A1 service, oil and tire rotation. And I send in the list, wiper spray sucks, stitching in headliner coming out, rear dash rattle, memory seats, emergency brake adjustment, etc..

So i call them this afternoon to check status. Wiper spray "adjusted", stitching "tucked in" which I had already done so I doubt that will hold. Memory seats, they don't have the chip but will return the car and call me when they get thier stock. Now I told them when I made the appt, don't make my appt till you have the fix, so the dumb@$$'s take the car, and don't have it.

And the biggy, and this is what I'm fumed about. The back dash rattle: "you had the bass almost on full, we turned it down and it went away, you just can't run it that high. At only 20.

I vented for a moment but realised that was useless. So I get home and I call Acura Concerns.. and gee.. lets all put on our surprised faces: SAID THE SAME THING. the speaker will rattle because the system is "so superior" to quote. I said if it was so damn superior it wouldn't frigging rattle. I went on that it was doing it 2 ticks from full and only at 20 out of full volume, he just continued that it will rattle and they don't care and won't say anything else to fix it or to give a rats @$$.

I can tell ya.. yeah i'm pissed, yeah I will be calling again, and yeah I'm going to escalate it, that kind of answer is BS.

Does anyone have contact info for a dealer who acknowledges this problem and ways to fix it that stupid f**k Acura of Athens can call ??
Old 03-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me know how you do. I got the same kind of response. I agree, it's ridiculous.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:24 PM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Lot of money, but for $400-500 a good car audio place can dynomat the whole car, roof liners and everything. Should make your care real quiet adn get rid of current and future rattles. Turn everythign up as high as you want. Could be a nice investment
Old 03-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Safety Car

yeah agree dynomat the thing if you listen to the car louder than average. i don't go as high as 20 but i can understand your problem. the dealer will not provide this service and if its that much a problem to you go out and have that done.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Burning Brakes

even dynomat isn't going to get between the rear deck and the window if that's where it's vibrating. granted if it's under the top and between the lid and the trunk top, then yeah they can pad that, but .. i dunno.. I friggin give up. Acura doesn't care one damn bit, the dealers don't care. The cars are flying off the lots, the blankin union workers in Ohio make their overpaid wages and corporate crap-@$$ Honda makes their money, why SHOULD they care, not like they're Toyota or anything.

THEY DIDN'T EVEN WASH MY CAR. I just got it back. Even my Honda dealer washes my 6 year old Accord.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:58 PM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Had the same issues, my dealer said they had to wrap a harness under the cover with "Felt wrap" and it's been gone ever since.

I got my seat module replaced and was told that it was a good thing because now they are on national back order until late May.

D.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Burning Brakes

at least your shop made an attempt to fix it and did, versus stupid georgia boys telling you to just turn it down.

I have to go to another dealer tomorrow to get on the module waiting list.

Any details on where/what they did for the rattle ?? or just provide the info and maybe I can contact them.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:44 PM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
All they told me was that a harness was vibrating against the deck lid and they wrapped it in Felt tape or something like that. And it's been gone since then..Even at full volume.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:44 PM
Racer

overpaid wages? thats stupid.