Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stinkin LAPD...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 01:21 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Stinkin LAPD...

...so I'm driving home tonight (9 pm) from work and pull into my neighborhood. All of a sudden I notice what looks like a cop car behind me. Well I make a few turns as I pull on my street and park in front of my house. As soon as I park the cops put their lights on and shine both spotlights into my car. I don't get out as I do NOT want to get shot ! Two cops come out and walk on either side of my car. The one on the drivers side politely says, "Oh any reason why you don't have any license plates." After pointing out the temporary registration sticker on the windshield and show him my license he says, "Nice car! Is this a BMW?" (Major complement in my opinion) After telling him its an acura, they then get in their car and drive off! I guess with the complete all black look going on my car its to be expected. Surprisingly he didn't even give me a ticket for the smoked out taillights. I think he thought it was stock.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:37 AM
Instructor

Nice, I got pulled over in montery park CA last night for my first front plate fixed ticket... sigh.. lucky thing was that i didnt get charged for going 45mph , I didnt even notice that I was going that fast untill I see the cops behind me!!

p.s. any body knows how much is the fine for these fixed tickets?
Old 08-15-2006, 06:24 AM
Hold the onions

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by waynema
Nice, I got pulled over in montery park CA last night for my first front plate fixed ticket... sigh.. lucky thing was that i didnt get charged for going 45mph , I didnt even notice that I was going that fast untill I see the cops behind me!!

p.s. any body knows how much is the fine for these fixed tickets?
10-15 bucks for filing fees if you fix the front plate and have an officer sign it.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I got off by showing them my front plate which I keep in the trunk.........with a broken license plate holder my friend gave me. I just told them someone tried to steal my front plate and I can't put it back on until I recieve the new plate holder from Acura...........
Old 08-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Mofo

Originally Posted by ubond007
...so I'm driving home tonight (9 pm) from work and pull into my neighborhood. All of a sudden I notice what looks like a cop car behind me. Well I make a few turns as I pull on my street and park in front of my house. As soon as I park the cops put their lights on and shine both spotlights into my car. I don't get out as I do NOT want to get shot ! Two cops come out and walk on either side of my car. The one on the drivers side politely says, "Oh any reason why you don't have any license plates." After pointing out the temporary registration sticker on the windshield and show him my license he says, "Nice car! Is this a BMW?" (Major complement in my opinion) After telling him its an acura, they then get in their car and drive off! I guess with the complete all black look going on my car its to be expected. Surprisingly he didn't even give me a ticket for the smoked out taillights. I think he thought it was stock.

definitely not a compliment in my book...having a TL shows your a smart consumer who isn't concerned with just the name...
Old 08-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Blazin with your Moms in

Originally Posted by lembowski
I got off by showing them my front plate which I keep in the trunk.........with a broken license plate holder my friend gave me. I just told them someone tried to steal my front plate and I can't put it back on until I recieve the new plate holder from Acura...........
3000 miles apart..s till GREAT MINDS think alike! This is the SAME scenario I produce when asked about my front plate!!!! Except in MY version, someon backed into my car and broke the plate holder. I Have marks to prove it!!!! lol
Old 08-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by maluskills
definitely not a compliment in my book...having a TL shows your a smart consumer who isn't concerned with just the name...
def. sounds like a BMW hater in the house
Old 08-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Racer

lol...that's exactly what i do too.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Racer

So what happens if the cop decides to check out the front and notices there are no drill holes for the license plate?
Old 08-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Welcome to Olliewood

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
Well i'd hope you didnt drill holes in your bumper for your license plate holder , im not sure about 3rd Gen TL's though, but the 2nd Gens have the mount underneath the bumper.. and i doubt s/he's gunna realize that regardless
Old 08-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jsong83
def. sounds like a BMW hater in the house
I don't think he's a BMW hater...I actually agree with him. I think BMWs are only bought for the name. In most cases they are overpriced for the amount of car you get. Look at the 525, starts at around $40k and IMO doesn't have any special features the TL or the G35 don't have. And the engine is lacking in power and the reliability with BMW is no better than Acura or Infiniti. Just my .02
Old 08-15-2006, 07:11 PM
5th Gear

Dont even talk to me about LAPD just remember if it does not fit they must aquit
Old 08-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 303 Likes on 177 Posts
I got pull over by Arcadia PD and they asked me how come I don't have my plate yet (which I do have it but didn't want to put it on) and I said I am getting a vanity plate and then I show proof and everything. So he let me off. Until this day, I still haven't put my plate on yet and I brought my car back in Oct of 2005 :P
I guess my Baker to Vegas License frame does good to me ^_^
Old 08-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Burning Brakes

same here too. and i have suction cups on the back for the meter maids when i park.

i've been pulled over for "NO REASON" too many times. & i say no reason like that because they can always find the lamest excuse.
I know there are still a few cool cops out there but i don't ever get to see them when i'm in the blacura.

the last cop that pulled me over stuck his head in my window & took a good whif.
the only thing smelling was bacon cus i aired it out & swallowed the evidence. they just try to catch people slipping & riding dirty. they know 1 thing leads to another for those minor traffic stops. know the law cause it works both ways & dont give them the satisfaction of having probable cause
Old 08-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Mofo

Originally Posted by snowman81
I don't think he's a BMW hater...I actually agree with him. I think BMWs are only bought for the name. In most cases they are overpriced for the amount of car you get. Look at the 525, starts at around $40k and IMO doesn't have any special features the TL or the G35 don't have. And the engine is lacking in power and the reliability with BMW is no better than Acura or Infiniti. Just my .02

Exactly......although I AM known for my BMW hating...
Old 08-16-2006, 10:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by OJSimpson
Dont even talk to me about LAPD just remember if it does not fit they must aquit