Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting to mod my 2007 TL TYPE S

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 05:49 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool Starting to mod my 2007 TL TYPE S

I need some advice from experienced Acurazine members regarding the Unothodox Racing Pulley... I thought there was one kind there's a few

One of the members here already established the Pulley from an 04-06 is compatible

I would like to know which is the best setup which will provide me with the most gains at the least amount of risk... I don't want any issues with motor and definitely do no want any power issues... let me know guys
(There is one seller on eBay selling them for about $180

Another thing is for a Cold Air Intake install... if the bumper needs to be removed I will forgo that idea but I do have an alternative... what do you guys think about the weapon r short ram that retaisl for about $190 it matches the black look I love so much

I am planning on getting some all too repeatitive black rims with the chrome lip (I know everyone does it) but it looks so good. I am thinking of either getting Enkei 5 or RonJon

If you guys can post some suggstions with links to where I can buy let me know

Ps. I freaking love this site (and my car lol)
Old 07-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
psst buy from heeltoe or eccelerate. even if ebay might sometimes save you a few bucks, its just not worth the risk. buying from ebay, you might get ripped off from your money through a fraudulent transaction or get a cheaply wrapped and secured product. with either vendor, you are garunteed safe transactions, and all products are wrapped very well. i'm just saying b/c i've had bad exp. with ebay, and so far it's been perfect with each vendor.

also get a CAI, short ram draws hotter air than stock since its higher imo. to install, all you really need is to remove front tire and unclip half of fender lining, and you should be able to get everything from there.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:42 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stillhere153,
i may be interested in your summer tires/rims. how much and where are you located in nyc?
Old 07-28-2007, 07:47 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

I am located by yankee stadium...
Rims have some curb markings
Rims and tires have 2,800 miles on them (which is on my car)
Old 07-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by stillhere153
I need some advice from experienced Acurazine members regarding the Unothodox Racing Pulley... I thought there was one kind there's a few

One of the members here already established the Pulley from an 04-06 is compatible

I would like to know which is the best setup which will provide me with the most gains at the least amount of risk... I don't want any issues with motor and definitely do no want any power issues... let me know guys
(There is one seller on eBay selling them for about $180

Another thing is for a Cold Air Intake install... if the bumper needs to be removed I will forgo that idea but I do have an alternative... what do you guys think about the weapon r short ram that retaisl for about $190 it matches the black look I love so much

Lastly... does anyone need type s rims with the summer tires... I am planning on getting some all too repeatitive black rims with the chrome lip (I know everyone does it) but it looks so good
I am thinking of either getting Enkei 5 or RonJon

If you guys can post some suggstions with links to where I can buy let me know

Ps. I freaking love this site (and my car lol)
Old 07-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts
I deleted the for sale reference in the first post and the two posts discussing it.

Please repost your sale in The Black Market Forum.

Please read THE *NEW* BLACK MARKET RULES and be sure to post a price if it's a sale thread.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:07 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

price wize we'd have to talk in person... definitely under a G... not a thief...
Old 07-28-2007, 08:08 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Sorry ADMIN... to the black market I go hehehe

but still need opinion on the UR Pulley
Old 07-28-2007, 09:28 AM
2005 WDP TL

get an air intake and rear sway first. Dont be scared to take the bumper off.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Acuras Only in

Sorry ADMIN... to the black market I go hehehe

but still need opinion on the UR Pulley
I would be interested in finding out about these mods on type-s too ....

love the video on youtube .. LOL
Old 07-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dude first get a cai, its actually pretty easy to install when u got the right tools...ull love the sound of it and throttle response opens up
Old 07-28-2007, 10:26 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

I will probably go for a CAI made by one of the following... AEM Injen or Fujita

But I need an opinion on the UR Pulley
Anyone that has done this mod please post which one you went with
Old 07-28-2007, 11:04 PM
05 TL

I helped put a UR Pulley on a 07 Type-S. It was alot of work. Had to get the nut white hot to kill the loc-tight.

Search for my name and Davis Drive Right or something like that to get the name of the Type-S owner.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:12 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

I guess I am going to go with the UR Ultra SC Crank Pulley
anyone with experience with this?
Old 07-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Boomer Sooner!

I guess I am going to go with the UR Ultra SC Crank Pulley
anyone with experience with this?
Suggest you pose this question in the Performance Mods forum for better feedback.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:35 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Dude... seriously learn to use the search button. There OODLES of threads on the UR pulley. You have a TL-S... It's the same engine + .3L. Any engine mod for the 04-06 applies to the S... It's that simple.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:49 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Dude... seriously learn to use the search button. There OODLES of threads on the UR pulley. You have a TL-S... It's the same engine + .3L. Any engine mod for the 04-06 applies to the S... It's that simple.

my bads man, I'm still a newbie cohelo con take it easy
Old 07-29-2007, 06:43 PM
07 NBP TL-S

stillhere - I've got an UR pulley on my type-S. I like it but it was a PIA install. Coulda been my luck, but all the info is here...
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=153549&page=2
...see post #32.

I'm not disappointed with the mod. I still believe that I can accelerate faster and I think I get a a tiny bit better gas mileage.

Would I do it again? That depends on weather or not I could talk pimpin_TL and Kracker into helping me. Thanks again guys -
Old 08-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Save your money...the TL-S is fast enough. You bought a luxury/performance car...not a race car. LOL!! I have to laugh when I see all the "mods" people do to their cars...it costs thousands...and you get nothing when you sell the car...total waste of money. I know I'm going to get flamed...go ahead...but seriously...consider taking that money then invest it. When you see money in the bank...instead of mods on a car that are worth nothing when you sell....you might think twice about trying to make a race car out of a luxury car. Where are you going to "race" in NYC anyway? I went thru the "mod" thing when I was in HS....but thankfully I got older and much wiser. Flame away!!
Old 08-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Pro

i have the ultra sc. i went with the stock diameter due to the fact that i am running a system in my trunk..

I would recommend getting the cai first. more satisfaction less work.. you do not have to take off the bumper to install the cai, but some members have found that easier than trying to manipulate things in such a tight space. I took my bumper off....

do not get a short ram intake. it defeats the purpose of an intake (although it does sound cool)

I went with the injen intake and am very happy with it. tlfourplay was one of the first to do these mods and he has the aem. there is a write up on here somewhere about the advantages of the two. something like the aem gives better bottom end and the injen gives better mid range power...

edit: just realized how old this thread was... oh well
Old 08-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by JetJock
Save your money...the TL-S is fast enough. You bought a luxury/performance car...not a race car. LOL!! I have to laugh when I see all the "mods" people do to their cars...it costs thousands...and you get nothing when you sell the car...total waste of money. I know I'm going to get flamed...go ahead...but seriously...consider taking that money then invest it. When you see money in the bank...instead of mods on a car that are worth nothing when you sell....you might think twice about trying to make a race car out of a luxury car. Where are you going to "race" in NYC anyway? I went thru the "mod" thing when I was in HS....but thankfully I got older and much wiser. Flame away!!
Hey there JetJock.. how's it going?

Come on.. you know us gearheads never outgrow the need for speed (more along the lines of power in my opinion). Cars and driving and drag racing are things I'll never grow tired of. But one thing you said that holds some water for sure is this.

The mods that many do to the 3G TL do not return a lot for the money. One horsepower can cost close to $100 when you amortize the cash outlay. If someone wants to gain some serious power, they should consider supercharging. But even then, it's still a front wheel drive car and as everyone knows, front wheel drive cars are notorious for having poor traction.

Now to answer our friend's questions about the UR pulley. Don't expect much. Perhaps 5-6 HP and 3-4 lb/ft of torque. You will hardly feel this. I installed one on my last car, a 2002 Altima SE, and that was what the dyno said. Installing a UDP on the TL is a real pain. The crank pulley bolt requires 180 ft/lbs when tighting it. Think this is a piece of cake when removing the factory install? Nope. Also, you may need a smaller accessory belt since the pulley is smaller in diameter. And then there is the problem with belt squeal. Not a given, but you should expect it to occur.

If you have the money and are willing to spend it to get a few extra ponies, then by all means.. go for it. I did with my Altima. But that car delivered higher gains than my '04 TL would because the stock systems (intake and exhaust) were not as good as the stock units on my TL.

And then there is the thing with resale like JetJock mentioned. He's right, you know. If this is a concern, then you may wish to consider your market before making any mods that might cost you in the negative at sell time.

Just some friendly thoughts.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Incidently, I am not at all against modding your street machine. I have done this to a number of my past cars, so I know the itch and the desire to get more out of your machine.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:25 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
hey stillhere.

dont listen to people. its your car, you love it. but dont spend your rent money. if you've got it , why not. some people blow $$g's on clothes, dvd's, video games, whatever.
me ? i loved my car, and will continue to mod forever, as long as the money is there. I had EVERY single mod on my 06 except the supercharger/j-pipe.. here is my feedback

CAI (AEM is best IMO). AWESOME mod, worth the $250. DIY install easy. first thing you should do. sounds great and the throttle response increases.

UR Pulley AWESOME mod, best bang for buck. $225 i think, requires pro- install @ like $90/100. Go stock size, no new belts or anything. make sure they torque it to 181lb/ft. Car will feel lighter, due to the HUGE decrease in weight. stock is like 9lbs, this is less than 2.0. if you hold them both in your hand (which i did) you will be blown away

TB Spacers. Cheap. $100. supposively keeps the engine cooler... eh... didnt notice a difference with this one. car was still hot as hell. i probably coulda spent the $100 on something better... plus install is like >$100 on those things.

Pro Cats - BEST MOD of all.. but the type S has hi-flow cats, so the increase is not as good as the 04-07 base TL. you get about 20whp from those things Type S might get 10whp. $1100. best mod of all, IMO (for my car)

Exhaust.. u already took care of that

i also did the 07 TL-S cams right before my accident. my mechanic gave me a hell of a price on the install, and the cams were cheap. obviously, you dont need to do that. kinda made my car have a funny sound. didnt get the chance to troubleshoot

good luck.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:27 PM
I have car ADD

p.s. i have my UR pulley in the BM still. $150. i see you live in NY. let me know if you want. I installed it in Mid-May 07. only had like 1500 miles on it. have the box & decals too
Old 08-10-2007, 11:27 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Pm'd bout the pulley

MoDS 4 LiFe

Save the resale for someone else... I aint selling my baby... if the advanced coupe is serious performance sh-awd then that wil be my weekend car... the TLS would be my daily.... for now.... my TLS is my baby so I do to it what the modheads do... and that is mod it hehehe
Old 08-10-2007, 11:39 PM
I have car ADD

didnt get a PM