A-spec suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004 | 06:13 AM
Racer

A-spec suspension question

if i put the A-spec suspension package on my non-A-spec TL will it lower the car at all?

if so how much will it lower it and how much roughly does just the suspension cost
no kit no wheels?

Old 03-07-2004 | 06:40 AM
Burning Brakes

It lowers it 1". Currently, you can't buy just the suspension parts. Hopefully soon though.
Old 03-07-2004 | 09:15 AM
Instructor

Actually, the specs for the A-spec kit call for a 15 mm or slightly above 1/2 inch lower. The information for 1" was preliminary.
Old 03-07-2004 | 02:51 PM
Racer

does it acutally improve handling over the stock suspension since it only lowers it 1/2 inch?

what exactly do they change when you do the a-spec upgrade?
Old 03-07-2004 | 03:24 PM
User Registered

Shocks and Springs.

Check out the review Road & Track mini review about the A-Spec.

Remember, factory performance and warranty.
Old 03-07-2004 | 03:50 PM
Racer

yea the warranty is the main reason i want to go with this setup..so if something does go wrong i can always take it back to the dealer and im sure performance willbe better than the stock suspension.

i was thinking about goin with the comptech but then the suspension isnt covered under warranty
Old 03-07-2004 | 04:39 PM
Lurker

Originally posted by dcarlinf1
It lowers it 1". Currently, you can't buy just the suspension parts. Hopefully soon though.
So what happens if you wreck an A-Spec car? If you already have the part will they sell you a replacement part?
Old 03-07-2004 | 05:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

When you order the A-Spec package They Notify Acura and anytime they pull up your vin it shows your car as an A-Spec Edition. You can order all the parts individually once you purchase the kit. In case something breaks I guess you can replace it. I personaly think the car is a different animal with this kit installed.
Old 03-07-2004 | 05:59 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Supercomputers
I personaly think the car is a different animal with this kit installed.
Supercomputers: How do you think it's a different animal with the A-Spec installed? Better? I've read the reviews, but I'm not certain whether the price justifies the return. Have you driven both? Is the ride "rougher" or just more "sports car like"?

I'm supposed to sign for my TL tommorow, and I'm still torn about whether I should get the A-Spec. Any comments or feedback would be apreciated.

AGL
Old 03-07-2004 | 06:38 PM
Instructor

Hey what are the quotes you guys getting on the A-spec package with Installation ??
Old 03-07-2004 | 07:25 PM
Intermediate

One dealer quoted 38.5 K inluding installation. However, he was the highest on the base model.

Another dealer quoted 33.5 for the 5 AT w/nav (wife has to be able to drive car occaisionally). This is the one I'm signing with tomorrow. I did "mention" A-Spec to him and he said that they could give me a decent price on the kit w/installation.

I'm thinking 38K tops would be a great price. I know the kit is supposed to be something like $5200.00 plus installation. We'll have to see if they are willing to come down this much.

But the real question: Is it worth it? How much improvement will it provide? To answer that question you need to be able to dive a TL with and without the A-Spec. Not a possibility for me. And it's hard to tell if the reviewers drove both.

Let's face it... the standard TL is excellent. What do you give up (comfort? noize level?), and what do you get for the extra money?

Allen
Old 03-07-2004 | 10:12 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

We've been seeing the A-Spec kit (from dealers) for as low as $3,800. Installation as low as $600 so, yea, you should be able to get it installed for $38K but that's about as low as it can get. That may be without the 18" wheels though.
Old 03-07-2004 | 11:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well, Here is my opion on it, The ride Quality is not much different, A little more BMW Style Road Feel in the A-spec, As far as acceleration in turns and handeling its not even close, The a-spec car is so much more responsive, I have not even put on my 19 inch wheels yet and I can imagine how it will handel then, The Key to this Kit are the acura race tuned shocks and springs, I have lowered many cars and none of them felt like this. You always get that rough ride and creaks but here its not the case. I Think Honda really spent some time on the shocks and springs for this kit, They compliment the car perfectly. Plus the ease of the whole thing all being done at once Full warranty and they are resposible if anything should break. And you can incorporate it in to your financing. Plus I personaly think It looks like a diffrent car. With all the reviews of late in all the magazines people know what it is and always point at the badge on the Back LOL! If somebody wants to host pictures for me I have taken more clear shots with a better camera if you would all like to see,

As for price

I got 1000 off MSRP on a Navi unit, I then payed 4,000 installed for the a-spec kit "I did not get the wheels and tires" "Got Hex-1 19inch wheels instead aftermarket"

Becarefull with the install dont pay by the hour, Espically if the dealer has not done one yet it took them a long time almost 10 hours to put my kit on.
Old 03-08-2004 | 12:29 AM
Racer

^
damn i feel like gettin the a-spec kit now...

so you can choose to get just the kit and suspension setup and ditch the wheels/tires?

but you cant get just the suspension?

pm me and i will send you the info were you can upload them and i'll be glad to host them.
Old 03-08-2004 | 12:59 AM
Instructor

Who else has the A-spec package in here? How long did it take. As far as factory tuned suspension, that sounds really good. That is what they told me also that Honda makes all the test and tunes the car to perfection before they ship it off to you. I got the A-spec including tires and wheels installed for $5,000.00 so I think I got a really good price. Let me know other wise . .
Old 03-08-2004 | 05:11 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Supercomputers
Well, Here is my opion on it, The ride Quality is not much different, A little more BMW Style Road Feel in the A-spec, As far as acceleration in turns and handeling its not even close, The a-spec car is so much more responsive, I have not even put on my 19 inch wheels yet and I can imagine how it will handel then, The Key to this Kit are the acura race tuned shocks and springs, I have lowered many cars and none of them felt like this. You always get that rough ride and creaks but here its not the case. I Think Honda really spent some time on the shocks and springs for this kit, They compliment the car perfectly. Plus the ease of the whole thing all being done at once Full warranty and they are resposible if anything should break. And you can incorporate it in to your financing. Plus I personaly think It looks like a diffrent car. With all the reviews of late in all the magazines people know what it is and always point at the badge on the Back LOL! If somebody wants to host pictures for me I have taken more clear shots with a better camera if you would all like to see,

As for price

I got 1000 off MSRP on a Navi unit, I then payed 4,000 installed for the a-spec kit "I did not get the wheels and tires" "Got Hex-1 19inch wheels instead aftermarket"

Becarefull with the install dont pay by the hour, Espically if the dealer has not done one yet it took them a long time almost 10 hours to put my kit on.
How were you able to get the A-Spec without getting the wheels?
Old 03-08-2004 | 08:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

There not supposed to break up the kit but they did because I waited so long for my car. I originaly placed my order in Oct 2003 and took delivery in Feb 2004. Delay was due to shortage of Navi Units plus car color Combo Abyss Blue with Quartz interior. So they did me a favor and sold me the kit without the wheels and tires. All in all I love the car including NY tax and Fees your out the door for 41K and I think its the best car possible on the market for that dollar bracket. I purchase the Vechile at Heart Acura in NY. Its a great place plus the Service shop is the best I have ever seen. The reasson I purchased it there is because the service manager has been a class act for me since I bought my 99TL .
Old 03-08-2004 | 12:07 PM
Advanced

Having my A-SPEC installed as we speak. Not many if you seem familiar but my story is that I picked my 04 TL with 18 inch tires, skirt kit and thats it. Mid December was my pic up date. When I left the lot I had horrible vibrations which turned out to be the tires. To make a long story short I was so fed up with these vibrations, even happened with aftermarket rims tires and springs. wasted money etc.
On top of all this I was supposed to have the balance of A-SPEC installed after I picked up the car, the reason is that it wasn't avialable yet. Well with these problems my dealer refused installation until my issue was resolved. I was just about to get rid of the car for an M45 and a guy at my dealership called. Seems my familys relationship with the Rallye dealerships helped. They got a regional guy in there and a tech from cali. Made me put the car back to SPEC. Made som adjustments, took 15 min slapped on the Acura 18tens with the CORRECT yokahama tires and sure as sh** vibration gone. I tell them now that my car is normal I want the kit. They gave me a deal but the best is that they picked all my aftermarket tabs which totaled $1800 or so and issued me a check from the dealer. Now the emblem shocks struts wheels and steering are being installed for just over 2 with labor. already sold my after aftermarket stuff on ebay so all is well that ends well. It just sucks it took me this long to get hear.
Old 03-08-2004 | 12:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Congrats Welcome to the club, I know you will enjoy it.

Good Luck

Dave
Old 03-08-2004 | 12:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

i had a-specbut with the replacement tl, it's all canovers baby!
Old 03-09-2004 | 09:15 AM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

What are hex 1 wheels. Only thing google turns up are hobby cars...Link please?