Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solicitation for opinions....

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 01:22 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solicitation for opinions....

I know there is no shortage here...about to order my TL and having a hard time deciding between white/parchment or silver/ebony. I like the white exterior better, but seems like the parchment interior will show every scuff on lower door and floor. On the flipside, I imagine ebony would show dust buildup and more??? Gimme the (objective) scoop- gotta decide quick! Thanks....
Old 05-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you condition the Parchment leather, scuffs will come out.

If you dust the Ebony interior, dust will come off.

Go look at the colors in person. Buy the colors you like best. All interiors require a little effort to keep clean.

IMO, the silver/ebony is a "sportier" combo and the white/parchment is a "classier" combo. They give the car different feels. Also, the ebony interior comes with carbon fiber, while the parchment comes with plood. Both are fancy names for patterned plastic.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by flyhoovers
I know there is no shortage here...about to order my TL and having a hard time deciding between white/parchment or silver/ebony. I like the white exterior better, but seems like the parchment interior will show every scuff on lower door and floor. On the flipside, I imagine ebony would show dust buildup and more??? Gimme the (objective) scoop- gotta decide quick! Thanks....
Pick any combo you want but do NOT get an Ebony interior. I've owned them, and they get very old very quickly. They wear down fast, they dull in the sun fast, they show incredible amounts of dust, and (especially in the TL) they make the interior a cramped and dark affair.

Go Quartz if you must have a Silver car. Parchment is a great choice if you're leaning towards a lighter car. I originally wanted Silver, but with only Quartz and Ebony as my choices, I moved over to Anhtracite and took the Camel.

Just like the non-navi cars and their unattractive dash, I think Acura misunderstood how many people would leave Silver because of the lack of interior choices.

BJ
Old 05-15-2004, 03:22 PM
Team Anthracite President

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I have Anthracite, but I love the WDP, I noticed that the WDP cars look really good with the A-SPec kit, something to consider.

Mike Smeezy
Old 05-15-2004, 07:13 PM
team wdp rescue

I have the wdp with parchment ......love the interior it is very alive ,bright and refreshing.......when it gets dirty you actually see it and then clean it....... while with the ebony you wouldn't see it thus not clean it until it was filthy dirty....thats the way I look at it now anyways....in the long run I think by having a light interior I will be inclined to take better care of it. my .02
Old 05-15-2004, 07:17 PM
My dog thinks I'm Elvis!

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
White...most definately!
Old 05-15-2004, 07:20 PM
Burning Brakes

I have a Redondo Red Pearl with Parchment......I'm totally enjoying the lighter interior. Yes, it takes a little more care perhaps to keep it clean.....but it's worth it!
Old 05-15-2004, 07:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flyhoovers
I like the white exterior better, but seems like the parchment interior will show every scuff on lower door and floor. On the flipside, I imagine ebony would show dust buildup and more??? Gimme the (objective) scoop- gotta decide quick! Thanks....

Parchment is great, no scuff probelms here in 7 months including a full winter.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Team WD Chaplain

Man, you've really chosen opposite ends of the spectrum.

Oh well, you really can't go wrong and it all comes down to personal perference. Living in Arkansas the temps can get above 110 and I would imagine the ebony interior to get extremely hot. Jacksonville's probably similar. White with a light interior would be much cooler. Both interiors look great with different characteristics.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:23 AM
5th Gear

Thanks all...

Thanks all...Ordering the WDP....wife likes it better too, but I'm glad I have alternate reasons than succumbing to her desires for MY car Thanks to all for their opinions, didn't really think about a "fade factor" in the heat & sun down here. Guess I'll be joining WDP team soon, THANKS!
Old 05-16-2004, 01:38 PM
My dog thinks I'm Elvis!

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Talking The right choice!

One less SSM TL!
Hooraa!!
Old 05-16-2004, 01:52 PM
BOOK EM

WDP/PARCHMENT all the way. Best color for the summer