Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SoCal Body Shop Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SoCal Body Shop Recommendations

I wanted to know if you guys know of any reputable shops that do good work in the SoCal area since my passenger door was keyed a few days ago. In addition, does anybody have experience with painting their cars after an accident/vandalism/etc. and if so, how does the paint match up with the rest of the car. I am currently using my friends user name while I'm awaiting activation, but I have an Anthracite colored TL and am worried about the metallic paint not fully matching after it has been painted. Any recommendations would be helpful. thanks!
Old 11-07-2004, 02:26 PM
i souport publik edekason

I have a buddy in Van Nuys who does good work... (alot of work for the local dealerships on Van Nuys Blvd...

Caliber Auto Body
Van Nuys California

I'm looking for his card right now...

The owner's name is Jorge (we call him George)

If I find the card with the phone number I will IM you...

If you do find his number (he should be in the book) tell him Sebastien sent you... (he fixed my 1995 Chevy pickup (green)...

Good luck...

Salut
Ciao
Old 11-07-2004, 03:03 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks for the recommendation salut88888. My user name finally got activated, so I'll try looking up the body shop in the yellow pages.

Anybody else out there have other experiences/recommendations?
Old 11-07-2004, 08:15 PM
10th Gear

I like Prime Autoworks. They're a bigger outfit than your average 3 bay bodyshop. They are recommended by several insurance companies including State Farm. Since I worked for State Farm I got a pretty good deal both the times I had to go there.

Call and ask for Leon (owner), that Gabriel from State Farm sent you. He'll be able to give you a good quote. He replace both my rear quarter panels on my Accord, and it looks like new. (818) 503-9166.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:37 AM
What's a TL?

Since you are in the O.C....might consider M2....they have several locations, I know there is at least one in L.B. if not somewhere closer
Old 11-08-2004, 09:41 AM
Racer

http://www.marcosautobody.com/locations.html

These ppl are prety damn good, but they're mostly in the LA County area.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:06 PM
Team Secretary of Housing

Try this one in Torrance

I have used "Doug's Auto Body" on Normandie in Torrance for a couple of cars recently. He does very good work and does not charge an arm and a leg. I had my wife's CL mirrors resprayed from age and he charged $35 total for both. Somebody hit my TL recently and I gave him the work. Did a great job and ended up very reasonably. Even though I didn't have to pay for it. Tell him I sent you and he will take extra good care of you. I told him to expect referals from me as a thank you for his honesty and great work.
Bruce
Old 11-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Awesome to the Max

Bistagne Bros. in Glendale - never been there..but it looks like a cool nice place
Old 11-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Pristine Motorsports in Huntington Beach, has done awesome work on my 911.

Michael
Old 11-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Been there

Caliber collision has branches everywhere, and they seem to do a good job.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Shinj1EVA: have you used Marcos bodyshop before? I rear bumper just got rear-ended this morning and my dealership (sierra acura) uses that bodyshop. I'm leaning towards them at the moment.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Team Nighthawk member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I too have used Marco's Auto Body to get my front bumper fixed. It took about a week and a half and they did a very good job!
Old 12-05-2006, 01:53 AM
Instructor

MaFreCoLa: Thanks for chiming in. i'm not sure what the exact details of you repair was but I was hoping they can order and paint the rear bumper according to the acura factory paint codes and I bring my car in when it's ready for install. I can probably sit and wait for them to put the new bumper back on w/o having to leave my car there for a few days. I'm so skeptical about bodyshops now since they practically ruined the paint on my wife's MINI when we needed to get a door dent repair at Holmes Bodyshop.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:41 AM
Safety Car

Received 303 Likes on 177 Posts
Marco Auto Body - San Gabriel
They do excellent jobs. All the parts they get are 100% from the dealer. No used parts. Go to the one on San Gabriel because Marco is there and will help you out. Had my parent cars there and happy with the result.

Paulee Auto Body - West L.A.
Do mostly celebrity cars and high end vehicles.

Mc Curdy Body Works - Pasadena
All Rusnak Mercedes Benz, Maybach, Audi, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Porsche, Jaguar cars goes there. I recommended a few friends there and was happy with the result. My wife's Accord got keyed on several places on the driver side and rear bumper and after it was done, you can't tell if it was re painted because the paint was blended in with the original paint. There body shop is right off Old Pasadena. Small body shop but will get your car done perfect.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,150 Likes on 776 Posts
Originally Posted by ua6spec
Paulee Auto Body - West L.A.
Do mostly celebrity cars and high end vehicles.
Paulee, on La Cienaga near Pico, did some minor repair work on my Integra after it was stolen and recovered; I think I was referred to Paulee by a local Acura dealer. It did a great job, and the insurance company (Auto Club/AAA) knew Paulee well.
Brown Auto Body, Robertson south of Pico, is purportedly pretty good as well.

The shops used by the new car dealers (for touch ups to damage in transit) are usually very good, so an Acura dealer can recommend a shop it uses.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Instructor

thanks for the additional input guys. i just stopped by Marcos in San Gabriel this morning to get a quick estimate for my car. They said it'll take about a week and my car would need to be at their shop during the week. (i was hoping to have possession of my car while they painted the new bumper. I just hate the thought of leaving my car at the bodyshop overnight).
Old 12-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Racer

I recommend Anaheim Hills Auto Body in Anaheim. They fixed my Anthracite TL when I was rear-ended and matched up the rear bumper paint perfectly to the body paint. The match is better than my factory painted front bumper. You can't tell the car was ever worked on.
All the panels and lines match up perfectly and there are no issues 9 months later.

They mostly work on high end Mercedes, etc. so you know they are meticulous with their repairs. I saw several brand new 500-600 series cars there that have been in an accident. OUCH!

Ask for Carlos. He took really good care of me.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tonester
thanks for the additional input guys. i just stopped by Marcos in San Gabriel this morning to get a quick estimate for my car. They said it'll take about a week and my car would need to be at their shop during the week. (i was hoping to have possession of my car while they painted the new bumper. I just hate the thought of leaving my car at the bodyshop overnight).
You have to leave the car at the bodyshop because they need to pre fit the bumper. So everything would look seamlessly.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Instructor

ua6spec: the tech there said they have to make sure the new paint will match seamlessly to my car also. That is why my car needs to be at their shop. Oh well, if it has to be done this way, i'm not gonna argue with the guy. I rather they take the time and do it right the first time. Also, like you mention, they probably want to prefit the new bumper to my car too.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Cruisin'

I Did Knew

Sorry to heard what happened to your car.Mine got worse than your,but got fixed pretty good at Tustin body shop in Tustin.I think it's a little bit far away but that shop is good.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tonester
ua6spec: the tech there said they have to make sure the new paint will match seamlessly to my car also. That is why my car needs to be at their shop. Oh well, if it has to be done this way, i'm not gonna argue with the guy. I rather they take the time and do it right the first time. Also, like you mention, they probably want to prefit the new bumper to my car too.
Ya..usually all body shop need your car to be there to pre fit the bumper and align everything flawless. They dont want any return customers and complain about it. I had a friend took in her S2000 at the other Macro at Monterey Park and they over spray painted the driver side door and Macro have to get another driver side door and repaint it again.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Cruisin'

Thank for replying.My car got road hazzard,scratched front bumber,front pass wheel,head light.That was very sad story and I almost cried at that time.
You can contact Tustin acura services dep and asking them about Tustin body shop.They did good job on my car and work warranty as long as I own the car.bye.