Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I got pulled over tonight v. noticket

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I got pulled over tonight v. noticket

I was coming back from supermarket and starbucks tonight and I as I was turning into my street a policeman turns his lights on behind me and pulls me over. I took my driver license and put my hands on top of the steering wheel as soon as I stopped. Policeman was in his early 30s and he first states that he couldn't see my license tag so I tell him there's a temporary back on the back window and that I have just purchased my vehicle 2 weeks ago. Then, he proceeds to asks me whole bunch of questions such as where do I work, where was I, who's vehicle is it, where am I going... bla bla bla and he goes into his car checks my driver license, comes back and tells me "thank you man, you are free to go".

I guess he just couldn't believe that a 21 year old could be driving a brand new '06 TL but I'm not pissed at all I actually appreciate that policemen do this to prevent more thefts
Old 01-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Instructor

eh i usually get the ticket every time. they get all pissed off when see that the registration is mine especially when im in my s430. only 20
Old 01-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Racer

stupid pigs. they should be out there solving crimes and arresting rapists and murderers instead of harassing citizens that are doing nothing wrong when driving.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Future JDM Whore

lol i got pulled over yesterday for no front plate.....i didnt get the ticket i just got a "get that bracket asap" lol because i gave him a BS lie that someone backed into me and broke the L plates bracket so i had to leave the plate in the bottom right of my windshield
Old 01-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Da_iLLeZt_TL973
lol i got pulled over yesterday for no front plate.....i didnt get the ticket i just got a "get that bracket asap" lol because i gave him a BS lie that someone backed into me and broke the L plates bracket so i had to leave the plate in the bottom right of my windshield
I got an extra bracket in my trunk wash and wax my car and its all yours
Old 01-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Cruisin'

Cops are human too. Yesterday I was repairing the radio for a Motor Officer when it was around 40 degrees outside. I commented that no one was going to get any slack today.

His reply was" You got it. If I am miserable than they will also be miserable."
Old 01-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Racer

hmmm...wow that was a good one! I bet the Cop never heard that one before! "My plate fell off yesterday." Very creative! ha..ha..! Not to dog you guys but I think I heard that one about 1,000 times. For the record Cops aren't jealous of our wonderful TL's. It's called Pro-active Police work. They are checking you out and you're giving them an easy reason to pull you over. If everything checks out and you are courteous you get a warning. If you give a lame excuse that is obvious BS, or you are a prick, you get a ticket. If you're Ridin Dirty you go to Jail! LOL! If you don't want a ticket the key is to be honest and very polite! It will more than likely go in your favor, especially if it's only an equipment violation.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Instructor

well i didn't have any equipment violation, just my temporary tag was on the window where it's supposed to be.

i was very polite and i was a bit scared too thinking that he pulled me over for speeding as I was going about 5-6 over.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jsong83
stupid pigs. they should be out there solving crimes and arresting rapists and murderers instead of harassing citizens that are doing nothing wrong when driving.
Yeah, how dare police officers or "pigs" as you call them are out there doing their job and enforcing traffic laws along with all the other things they handle inbetween traffic stops. I find it amazing that there are so many people on this forum blaming police officers for pulling them over, but are oblivious to the fact that they are doing something wrong. The OP clearly stated he was pulled over because the police officer couldn't see his license plate, for all the officer knows it could be a stolen vehicle or someone who took their plate off and was about to go commit a crime, which is why the OP was questioned and let go.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Back in a TL again.

ive been pulled over more times then i can count on my hands and feet... on my bike,tl,civics,s55 amg when i was 19 every cop is different every time on my civic i would get a ticket just because i looked like a "racer" they profile allot and the civic was a camuter car did'nt want the tl to get banged up in the parking lots and traffic. i get pulled over in the s55 all he asked was where did you get it? insurance auction.. whos is it.. mine ..went checked my info came back said have a nice day he said he pulled me over for tint was to dark drivers side window was 35%..on the motorcycle i was driving like an idiot so no reason why i should not have gotten a ticket my luck the cop was a rider let me go
Old 01-17-2007, 09:46 PM
Instructor

instead of harassing citizens that are doing nothing wrong when driving.

nothing wrong except breaking the law. A law is a law, and if get caught breaking it, you should pay the price. The cops are just doing their job.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 07 TL-S
Yeah, how dare police officers or "pigs" as you call them are out there doing their job and enforcing traffic laws along with all the other things they handle inbetween traffic stops. I find it amazing that there are so many people on this forum blaming police officers for pulling them over, but are oblivious to the fact that they are doing something wrong. The OP clearly stated he was pulled over because the police officer couldn't see his license plate, for all the officer knows it could be a stolen vehicle or someone who took their plate off and was about to go commit a crime, which is why the OP was questioned and let go.

Exactly, and speeding, rolling through a stop sign, having tint to dark, or not having a front license plate in a state that requires it is a crime. Guess what the cop is doing when he give you a ticket? He is "out solving a crime."

You should really think just a little before you speak Jsong.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:57 PM

Received 5,939 Likes on 2,930 Posts
This has got to be the worst post I have seen on this forum yet...and that's saying quite a bit.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:03 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by GlennD
Cops are human too. Yesterday I was repairing the radio for a Motor Officer when it was around 40 degrees outside. I commented that no one was going to get any slack today.

His reply was" You got it. If I am miserable than they will also be miserable."

But isn't that with almost with any job. Though you have more to worry about with a cop than a waitress or such.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Back in a TL again.

MY I think the front plate should be an option i cut mine where you can only see the numbers on my integra and they gave me a fix it ticket
Old 01-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by vetalik
MY I think the front plate should be an option i cut mine where you can only see the numbers on my integra and they gave me a fix it ticket
Lucky for me I live in a state that doesn't require a front plate, but if it did I would put it on. I've also live in a state that required only a front plate on one of my trucks, I thought that was a little odd.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by jupitersolo
But isn't that with almost with any job. Though you have more to worry about with a cop than a waitress or such.
Dude I dont know about that go watch the movie waiting and it will make you think twice before pissing off your waiter.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Back in a TL again.

that movie is sick my gf works at a restaurant she tells me the cooks do some sick shit to our food sometimes
Old 01-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Hooksta

Originally Posted by 07 TL-S
My first comment is that I agree with you that cops have one whale of a job on their hands. I wouldn't want it for a moment. I can't even imagine what a good day on their job would be like. I'm sure it is filled it with some good moments but plenty of negative situations that drain on you. That being said, here are a few reasons why I think they get abuse. And yes I am using a bit of a broad brush. (I work in sales, and we all know you can't trust a salesman, right? Or we are all crooks...I deal with that stereotype but can only focus on how to give a salesperson a good name and not worry about what the others are doing)

I think we as citizens would like to see more instances of Police properly leading by example. I recall reading about a year ago, where one county in some state the officers pulled people over to GIVE PRAISE (or positive feedback) about how a person did something properly. In some cases they even handed out $10 gas cards to further anchor GOOD behavior. The results of the study were pretty impressive.

The police motto is "To serve and protect." I can't remember the last time I felt like a Policeman (who's salary is paid by my tax dollars) had any intention of "serving me in my community." For what it is worth I follow my own preachings in my career...in sales I respond quickly to the folks that pay my salary and am very polite. To me it is all about pleasing the customer and making others feel valued as a professional and an individual.

I don't appreciate when some officers expect us to follow the rules of the road when they go zipping by at 90mph WITHOUT their lights on.

They few times I have received a ticket that I most likely deserved that day (or if not that day...from another time before for sure), I always hope that the officer gives me emphathic counselling with my punishment. What I usually get is some buzz hair cut testosterone better than though gruffly lecturing me, with absolutely no concern about my safety, what happened, or GOD forbid actually say something like "I want you to understand that I am citing you today because your BEHAVIOR back there was inappropriate and unsafe." "I heard your point of view, and would encourage you to behave this _____ way in the future." "Do you have any questions for me?" The reason I bolded the word behavior is because to maintain respect in any relationship you have to make it clear you are not focusing or judging the person...but the behavior.

These are my examples...Lord knows there are more. I guess I could say many policemen's BEHAVIOR give them their bad reputations. In some ways (just as in sales) they are their own worse enemy. As I started in my post, I have utmost respect for the job they do, but let me add that by heck I feel I have just as much right to their respect (especially when we pay their salary, I am the customer, and their primary job is to SERVE the public) even if they are giving me a ticket for doing something wrong.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:09 PM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
I think that most (I said MOST not ALL!) cops do profile people. I'm 18 and I've gotten pulled over 2 times in my 07 TL. The first time I was doing 82 in a 65 and when the cop asked whos car it was, since it only had a temp plate, i said mine bc i just got it, he goes back to his car and brings back a ticket. The second time, I was doing 91 in a 65 and got pulled over by another state trooper, and when he asked whos car it was, I said, "Its my uncles car, an 18 year old like me could never afford a car worth this much." He goes back to his car and comes back to give me only a warning. In both cases I obviously deserved a ticket, but it goes to show that somethings wrong with them, idk if its jealousy or what, but they, not all, but most, have a problem. My brother has a Nissan Pathfinder wit 22s and all hooked up. Ive gotten pulled over for no reason at all in his car. It was about 2:15am and the cop said he pulled me over because i drove into an empty parking lot and looked suspicious. And then he asked me if I was doing drugs! lmao. It was a Burger King parking lot and they had just closed. It just pisses me off that most cops are such assholes and have the power to do whatever they want, whenever.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:40 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Originally Posted by sunny201
I think that most (I said MOST not ALL!) cops do profile people. I'm 18 and I've gotten pulled over 2 times in my 07 TL. The first time I was doing 82 in a 65 and when the cop asked whos car it was, since it only had a temp plate, i said mine bc i just got it, he goes back to his car and brings back a ticket. The second time, I was doing 91 in a 65 and got pulled over by another state trooper, and when he asked whos car it was, I said, "Its my uncles car, an 18 year old like me could never afford a car worth this much." He goes back to his car and comes back to give me only a warning. In both cases I obviously deserved a ticket, but it goes to show that somethings wrong with them, idk if its jealousy or what, but they, not all, but most, have a problem. My brother has a Nissan Pathfinder wit 22s and all hooked up. Ive gotten pulled over for no reason at all in his car. It was about 2:15am and the cop said he pulled me over because i drove into an empty parking lot and looked suspicious. And then he asked me if I was doing drugs! lmao. It was a Burger King parking lot and they had just closed. It just pisses me off that most cops are such assholes and have the power to do whatever they want, whenever.
Hey, man, I think we've all been in that "I'm 18 years old and the whole world is against me" phase. But I've got to tell you, you're not making that much sense. I'm not a cop, but I know how they are trained to assess situations - my father is a sheriff. If I'm a cop and see an iced-out SUV with 22s pulling into a fast food parking lot at 2:15AM, I'm going to question them immediately. Even if it you're in a normal car, or a TL, I'm still going to pull you over. Just think about it. Who pulls into a fast food parking lot at 2:15AM? I'll tell you who: people who have just been out partying, people who are stoned, or people who are meeting other people to pick up or buy drugs...or all of the above.

Also, when you say "...I obviously deserved a ticket, but it goes to show that somethings wrong with them..." after talking about how that one cop let you go without a ticket because you told him your fake sob story about how you were 18 and couldn't afford such a nice car.... Maybe he was cutting you a break by knowing that your insurance rates would go up like crazy and wouldn't come down for years if he issued you a ticket for going 25+ miles per hour over the speed limit.

Maybe something is wrong with your perspective.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:56 PM
313.4WHP& 284.6TQ

depending on how old you are most likely each day you must go to work and do your job correct? what happens if you dont do your job as you are taught? most likely you will be fired or get in trouble. Same goes for Peace Officers they got to do the job correct also. Not all Peace Officers are out to get you for speeding, or for no front plate, or for your tint. They do this in between writing reports for people playing bumper cars on the street, someone with a gun, someone making to much noise, drug people, etc. If you decide to break the law be prepared to get pulled over, or get a ticket. If you are in a odd area get ready to be pulled over. If you just a 20 year old "kid" without a real job driving a 50k or expensive car get ready to be pulled over.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:22 AM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Whether young or old we have all been pulled over for legitimate reasons and times when we felt it was BS.. I can easily admit that even when I thought it was BS "it" was my "perspective" that caused that thinking. When you actually put yourself in the police officers shoes - yes, I/you were pulled over for a legitimate reason. Sure it may have been nothing but a few waisted minutes for you, but if what the officer thought he was pulling you over for transpired.. He could have saved someones life or property etc.. Bottom line, most of the time they "are" doing their job and being proactive about it.

Police officer attitudes.. I've had a few turds approach my window in my years of driving, but most have been quite professional and courteous. Once again, put yourself in their shoes... If you had to deal with all of the trash, snot nose kids (no offense to anyone but true...), drunk drivers, and 9 times out of 10 "bitching/complaining individuals that get pulled over - not to mention the thought of someone shooting your ass,,,,, wouldn't it cause your "approach" to be sometimes less than "perfect" for the job????

I myself couldn't be a police officer.... Takes quite the person to deal with all that is thrown at ya and keep your cool.. I would tend to take the "shoot first" then ask questions / "let God sort them out" stance.....

Cheers
Old 01-18-2007, 10:51 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
I think that most (I said MOST not ALL!) cops do profile people. I'm 18 and I've gotten pulled over 2 times in my 07 TL. The first time I was doing 82 in a 65...The second time, I was doing 91 in a 65.
How is this profiling? You were SPEEDING and he pulled you over for that violation.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Instructor

I love cops. Yes there are many cops that do their job correctly and I thank them for that keeping our streets safe. You have to understand that even tho how pissed/ angrey or at the time they should be Professional at all times. Ive seen a few things that are questionable. As I was heading home one night after a club closed around 4am a cop zoomed by me with no lights on. I was driving about 70ish on the interstate so he had to be going 90+ at the rate he was flying by. I do belive he should also follow that law. If it was an emengercy situation then his lights should be on. Another time I got pulled over in my 96 prelude because I had no front plate. I told the officer that it fell off while I was driving and my bracket broke off so I had no way of intalling it back on unless I get a new bumper or drill some holes. He was cool and understading and told me to file a report of a lost plates and get new ones. Also he told me its ok to put in the front windshild being its still visible. I was very greatful and filled out the report ( I was very respectful and its true my mounting bracked really did brake off and I really lost my plate ). Then a few months later I get pulled over because I had no plate on my bumper and gave me a ticket. I told him about my bumber and how I had either buy a new one or drill some holes. I also told him how another officer told me thats this was ok to do and he didnt belive me. Now in thats situation he should have let me off with a warning and ive have gone and fixed it. I was being respectful. What burns me I get 2 different answers and followed what the pervious officer to do and I still get burned!?

Oh well that life I guess. But I guess what im trying to say is even tho your cops you still have to follow the law. Also be more understanding, I was being truthful and respectful but I guess he was having a bad day and didnt want to hear my excuse.

On the thing about getting pulled over 2am im not sure on that one. I guess it looked odd and unusall so he pulled you over. Cant really do anything much on that. It kinda sucks being profiled in that way but thats a cops number one way to prevent crime in most cases. If it looks odd then something is might be going down.

Just my point of view.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think that most (I said MOST not ALL!) cops do profile people.
What is your meaning of "Profile"?
They must have had good profiling skills to profile something moving close to 90mph.

Profiling to an extent is neccesary in this line of work. Officers look for things that are out of place fit a description. For example, A BOLO goes out for a robbery suspect with blonde hair wearing blue jeans. A good Officer will profile and try to stop anyone fitting that description. Of course the guy with brown hair and blue jeans who got stopped and eventually let go will go on to bad mouth Officers and have ill feeling towards "all" or "most" of them.

The majority of Law Enforcement Officers are good people who really do the job because it's rewarding and they enjoy the challenge. There are a few bad apples out there in every agency who tarnish the badge by making poor decisions. When this happens it makes the news.

Officers have a wide range of duties to enforce laws ranging from violent crimes to minor traffic violations. If they stop enforcing traffic laws and only concentrate on violent criminals you'd bet someone would complain, "That's profiling!"

Each day these Officers respond to calls doing their best to make it through the shift and to be able to go home to see their family again. Remember there is no such thing as a "routine" call and they sometimes approach vehicles with that in mind. Here's a list of reasons that good Officers do the job the way they do. Another list .
Old 01-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Racer

not even going to try and defend myself. people here are too emotional and act like they know everything so i see no need to try and force my views on someone else.

but i love how my small comment generated so much unnecessary attention from this thread
Old 01-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Advanced

not even going to try and defend myself. people here are too emotional and act like they know everything so i see no need to try and force my views on someone else.
Thanks, better to be thought a fool and remain silent than open your mouth and remove all doubt. Perhaps some people here took what you said a little too seriously, but then again you shouldn't have been so naive as to make such a generalization about people who ultimately make your safety their job.

Perhaps you should listen to the perspectives of those who obviously know more/better than you with the hope of improving your own instead of putting up this front of righteous indignation. You're still young though...
Old 01-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Racer

people here are too emotional and act like they know everything
one born every minute
Old 01-18-2007, 02:13 PM
The closet is for wimps

but i love how my small comment generated so much unnecessary attention from this thread
Don't call the kettle black, pot.

The size of your comment is irrelevant. What matters is how stupid it was. Stupid comments are going to be called out as such. It's the way things go.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Back in a TL again.

eh whatever in my area the cops are notorious for profiling, other then that i agree they do one fine job of keeping some of the idiots of the road.....