So how much did you pay...anyway?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004 | 11:59 AM
DP's for life

So how much did you pay...anyway?

I am new to the TL forums, but I am in the market for an 04' TL. I was wondering without getting too personal, how much I should be paying for the car. I'm trying to get a general idea of what owners paid for thier vehicles.

I have done the research so I know what invoice should be and what MSRP is, but I am curious what people are actually paying.

MSRP $32,650
Invoice $29,755

Looking at the 04' TL w/out NAV Auto...

On a hot car like the TL I am sure alot of people are paying alot closer to MSRP then Invoice...

Thanks in Advance
Old 03-25-2004 | 12:00 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

I know you're new -- but please do a search on this topic. There have been at least one or two of these threads per week.
Old 03-25-2004 | 12:01 PM
DP's for life

I looked but did not find anything in the first couple of pages...I will look again
Old 03-25-2004 | 12:03 PM
Lurker

One or two threads? Try one or two dozen. I've only been here a month and a half and have seen at least 6 separate price threads in just that time.
Old 03-25-2004 | 12:05 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Originally posted by artwork
I looked but did not find anything in the first couple of pages...I will look again
Hence the "SEARCH" function on the top of the page. Try a variety of words... Limit it to the Third Gen TL forum.
Old 03-25-2004 | 12:21 PM
DP's for life

You people are not helpful...if there are so many freakin' threads how come I cannot find one...(Don't post I already know the answer)

Oh well off to another forum...thanks again all
Old 03-25-2004 | 12:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Non-Nav TL's are going for $1000-2000 off MSRP. Some here have even done better than that. I paid $1200 off MSRP for mine.

Way to welcome a new member guys!!! You could've just as easily answered his question rather than complaining about duplicate threads.
Old 03-25-2004 | 12:36 PM
Lurker

Asking for a search isn't too much to ask...especially when the question had already been answered a dozen times within the last 2 months.
Old 03-25-2004 | 12:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Still no way to welcome a new member. You could answer his question AND suggest the search as long as you are posting.
Old 03-25-2004 | 12:47 PM
Racer

how about people use the features of the forum and stop being whiners? if you can find this forum out of the thousands on the net you can find something within it. also the 'what did you pay thread' probably should be sticky.
Old 03-25-2004 | 01:39 PM
DP's for life

I guess I had you people figured all wrong...I would assume (yeah i know what assume means) that many people on this forum would be excited to talk about how bad they screwed the local Acura dealer.

I am indeed a new member on the TL forum, but I did spend some time looking through the previous posts via the search function before I posted. I did not really find any threads that seemed to answer the question very directly, so I posted a new thread. I guess the type of response that I have recieved today is the reason why so many other forums point out the poor behavior by some of the people on this forum. I just figured that it was mostly isolated incidents, but to my suprise they were right.

I do appreciate the info from dcarlinf1, as he seems to be what appears to be the exception and not the rule. Thanks anyway for your attempt to enlighten the clearly confused and immature.
Old 03-25-2004 | 01:40 PM
Lurker

Originally posted by digital_b
how about people use the features of the forum and stop being whiners? if you can find this forum out of the thousands on the net you can find something within it. also the 'what did you pay thread' probably should be sticky.
Old 03-25-2004 | 01:43 PM
Lurker

Oh please. I just searched the 3rd gen forum for "Pay", "deal" and "deals" and got a zillion threads all with similar answers to what seems to have satified you. Hell even a simple search for "what did you pay" got tons of results exactly like the previous one.

You're just too lazy to look.
Old 03-25-2004 | 02:49 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Skeedatl
Oh please. I just searched the 3rd gen forum for "Pay", "deal" and "deals" and got a zillion threads all with similar answers to what seems to have satified you. Hell even a simple search for "what did you pay" got tons of results exactly like the previous one.

You're just too lazy to look.
That's not the point. Why do you have to be rude about it, geesh, you guys didn't even have to read this thread!
Old 03-25-2004 | 02:49 PM
My name is RL.

Re: So how much did you pay...anyway?

Originally posted by artwork
I am new to the TL forums, but I am in the market for an 04' TL. I was wondering without getting too personal, how much I should be paying for the car. I'm trying to get a general idea of what owners paid for thier vehicles.

I have done the research so I know what invoice should be and what MSRP is, but I am curious what people are actually paying.

MSRP $32,650
Invoice $29,755

Looking at the 04' TL w/out NAV Auto...

On a hot car like the TL I am sure alot of people are paying alot closer to MSRP then Invoice...

Thanks in Advance
WOW! This thread got ugly fast.... I agree, search the forums. I have seen so many threads related to how much the car cost it would be impossible not to find something helpful. Here's a few to get you started:

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...threadid=74702
http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...threadid=74152
http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...threadid=68967

This one is specifically about prices in Colorado.
http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...threadid=73070
Old 03-25-2004 | 04:04 PM
Lurker

Originally posted by garylee55
That's not the point. Why do you have to be rude about it, geesh, you guys didn't even have to read this thread!
Who was rude? The first guy pointed out that this was already discussed a few times. I then pointed out that it was way more than a few times...

Doesn't sound to harsh to me.

"I know you're new -- but please do a search on this topic. There have been at least one or two of these threads per week."

Is hardly rude

"One or two threads? Try one or two dozen. I've only been here a month and a half and have seen at least 6 separate price threads in just that time."

Is hardly rude

"Hence the "SEARCH" function on the top of the page. Try a variety of words... Limit it to the Third Gen TL forum."

Is hardly rude

"You people are not helpful...if there are so many freakin' threads how come I cannot find one...(Don't post I already know the answer)

Oh well off to another forum...thanks again all"

Was rude.

"Way to welcome a new member guys!!! You could've just as easily answered his question rather than complaining about duplicate threads."

Was rude.

It is hardly rude to point out that the topic has already been discussed (a zillion times) and give tips on how to find it. To get all pissy and whiny about people asking you to use "search" is what's rude. How is "I know you're new -- but please do a search on this topic. " or "Try a variety of words... Limit it to the Third Gen TL forum" so horrible?

No one said, "Hey N00B, use the $&@#($ search !!!!!" or anything close. The worse thing said was "Lazy"...after all the whining about people recommending the search feature.
Old 03-25-2004 | 04:08 PM
Smiling Papa Team NBP

All I have to say:

Heh.
Old 03-25-2004 | 04:11 PM
Lurker

Old 03-25-2004 | 04:19 PM
My name is RL.

Gary, David & KITT

Holy crap skeedatl. That picture rocks.
Old 03-25-2004 | 04:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

It's interesting to me how nowadays people can be inconsiderate and think it's OK, but IT'S THE PEOPLE WHO POLITELY TRY TO POINT OUT THE INCONSIDERATE BEHAVIOR WHO ARE ACCUSED OF BEING RUDE!

Example: someone cuts in a long line (like at a movie theater or wherever) and someone else politely say, "Excuse me, but the end of the line is back there." Then the line-cutter says, "F*** you, you RUDE bastard, mind your own business." I've seen this more times than I can count.

Example: a person who is LOUDLY talking on their cell phone in a place of quiet, like a library, is the one who acts indignant and insulted by the RUDENESS of the person who dared suggest they should lower their voice!

Example: when most of us arrived for the first time at this GREAT forum where there are LOTS OF HELPFUL, FRIENDLY PEOPLE, we lurked for a while, read through current threads, did searches on older threads, and so on. When we finally posted, we had good reason. But someone else shows up, spends three seconds looking around, and immediately starts a thread with a theme that has been discussed ad nauseum. Yet that person acts indignant when a much more experienced, and very helpful, forum member politely suggests the new guy should consider doing a search. How DARE YOU imply the new guy's behavior was anything less than stellar! It must have been RUDE of YOU, because he's evidently infallible.

Please. Nowadays people can do no wrong, I guess, nor ever admit it nor ever say "my bad" and move on.

Civility in America is becoming as rare as a snowflake in June. Sad.
Old 03-25-2004 | 04:31 PM
DP's for life

was that so hard...thanks for all of the help...

(biting my tounge as hard as I can)
Old 03-25-2004 | 05:08 PM
Lurker

Originally posted by TLGator
It's interesting to me how nowadays people can be inconsiderate and think it's OK, but IT'S THE PEOPLE WHO POLITELY TRY TO POINT OUT THE INCONSIDERATE BEHAVIOR WHO ARE ACCUSED OF BEING RUDE!

Example: someone cuts in a long line (like at a movie theater or wherever) and someone else politely say, "Excuse me, but the end of the line is back there." Then the line-cutter says, "F*** you, you RUDE bastard, mind your own business." I've seen this more times than I can count.

Example: a person who is LOUDLY talking on their cell phone in a place of quiet, like a library, is the one who acts indignant and insulted by the RUDENESS of the person who dared suggest they should lower their voice!

Example: when most of us arrived for the first time at this GREAT forum where there are LOTS OF HELPFUL, FRIENDLY PEOPLE, we lurked for a while, read through current threads, did searches on older threads, and so on. When we finally posted, we had good reason. But someone else shows up, spends three seconds looking around, and immediately starts a thread with a theme that has been discussed ad nauseum. Yet that person acts indignant when a much more experienced, and very helpful, forum member politely suggests the new guy should consider doing a search. How DARE YOU imply the new guy's behavior was anything less than stellar! It must have been RUDE of YOU, because he's evidently infallible.

Please. Nowadays people can do no wrong, I guess, nor ever admit it nor ever say "my bad" and move on.

Civility in America is becoming as rare as a snowflake in June. Sad.
:bowdown:
Old 03-25-2004 | 05:13 PM
My dog thinks I'm Elvis!

New member/owner

For 2004 Acura TL 6MT with A-SPEC installed, all season floor mats, door edge gards and trunck mat I payed $37,800 including destination and + T/L. MSRP is $39,800 (A-SPEC is listed on the net at MSRP $5300 + $1200 install.) I'm happy with my deal.
Old 03-25-2004 | 05:58 PM
Banned

People spend more time bitching than they would if they just linked the person to the thread in the first place.

No one forces you to post in a thread, if the question has been repeated either link them to the older threads or move yourself on to another.

It's funny how I read threads about what people do for a living, I see older adults who make $100, $200, $300 thousand a year in high responsibility careers, but the same people act like the kiddies at the ricer forums...
Old 03-25-2004 | 06:03 PM
Lurker

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him his entire life"

Search button...

Live it...

Love it...

USE IT...
Old 03-25-2004 | 06:12 PM
Racer

So, there's a couple of threads on the same subject. How many different threads do you think there could be anyway before repeating a subject? without going completely off the subject of a TL
Old 03-25-2004 | 06:27 PM
Lurker

Of the four example threads that got posted here after a quick search; 2 of them were from the last seven days, a third still from March. And I'm sure there are plenty more as they appear constantly.

When you have the SAME topic started every other day (some like the can you add Nav to non-Navi cars getting started twice in a day) like the price threads are, it's not only troublesome in terms of answering the same question twice when you want to be helpful and kicking down brand new never asked threads but the mods can't "sticky" 50 threads on the same thing and make them part of the FAQ forum. It's ALWAYS best to try and reuse and old thread...one stop for info than can later get stickyed. If these threads keep getting started, then someone who does use search gets 50 threads to dig through, most with just the same people posting the same thing over and over again rather than one or two good threads full of relevant information that's not repeated time and time again.

Rather than being lazy and giving up on the first page of search results as was the case here, spend 30 minutes carefully going through the results before expecting others to spend their time answering the questions. That's what the search feature is here for.
Old 03-25-2004 | 06:47 PM
Banned

Rather than being lazy and giving up on the first page of search results as was the case here, spend 30 minutes carefully going through the results before expecting others to spend their time answering the questions.
That's BS. Call me lazy, but if something can be answered quickly and easily than I am not going to spend 30 minutes looking for it, and most other people won't either.

This is a FORUM, not a normal website with written information. The great thing about forums is when people come together to help others, especially new people.

No one is going to spend 30 minutes to find something that can be answered in 10 seconds by someone else.

And there ARE people here willing to help out instead of making someone waste 30 minutes, we just know that you are not one of them. You're the guy who likes to bitch and cry, and start trouble at every turn.
Old 03-25-2004 | 06:53 PM
Lurker

Whatever...the point of the forums isn't the answer the same question daily...it's to discuss the car and answer questions that are otherwise difficult to get answered.

To expect other's to do your work for you is stupid. Using the search isn't hard...how f-ing lazy do you have to be to put on others what you could find out easily with the search function?

Some people are just too lazy for words. Go real TLGator's post again...and if you still don't get it...you're a lost cause.
Old 03-25-2004 | 07:01 PM
Banned

Whatever...the point of the forums isn't the answer the same question daily...it's to discuss the car and answer questions that are otherwise difficult to get answered.

To expect other's to do your work for you is stupid. Using the search isn't hard...how f-ing lazy do you have to be to put on others what you could find out easily with the search function?

Some people are just too lazy for words. Go real TLGator's post again...and if you still don't get it...you're a lost cause.
Now you're changing things, first it's "search for 30 minutes", now it's "when you can find things easily". Two WAY different things...

He said that he searched and couldn't find anything which should satisfy your new specifications.

Maybe if you just went outside for a few minutes and got away from the internet (23+ posts per day ) you wouldn't be such an ass to others. Since we all know you're not going to do that, why not just not post in these threads? How many problems are you going to start here? Would you like me to do a search and list all of them? Cause that'll be an easy search, just about every other post of yours is starting problems with the other members...
Old 03-25-2004 | 07:07 PM
Lurker

You're the one with the panties in a bunch. This thread started with multiple veterans suggesting search for answering a topic that has already been covered a dozen times and if you have a problem with any of my posts, feel free to report them to a moderator.

Go read TLGator's post again...if you still don't get it, you're a lost cause. In any event...enjoy being on ignore.
Old 03-25-2004 | 07:11 PM
Banned

You're the one with the panties in a bunch. This thread started with people suggesting search for a topic that has already been covered 3 times this month and if you have a problem with any of my posts, feel free to report them to a moderator.

Go real TLGator's post again...if you still don't get it, you're a lost cause.
I did read his post, but I do not agree with him. I do not agree with the "lurk forever then post" school yard rules. I like the jump in and get involved point of view.
I also do not think you were polite at all, actually very rude. You pointed out all your posts and how they weren't rude, but it wasn't true, they were.

This is a forum, think of it as a large room of people, and groups get together and talk about things.

Now if you walked up to a group of people in real life, and had a question that you're sure they know, would you like for them to tell you to go spend 30 minutes looking it up instead of just telling you the answer?

YOU said it best yourself, report posts to a moderator. If a question is being asked too much then tell a mod, stop acting like one yourself because you are not, and (with your horrible attitude) will never be one.
BTW, were you the hall monitor in school (that is if you are out of school yet)?
Old 03-25-2004 | 07:42 PM
Intermediate

Artwork,

I, too, am a new visitor to this forum. And yes, I understand how a "search" function works. And yes, I have used, quite happily and satisfactorially, many other auto forums.

Sure, I'll use the coveted "search" function when looking for a topic I feel may have been posted previously. But there are two inherent drawbacks to the search function: First, as a veteran of this forum mentioned earlier, punching in a couple key words can yield a "zillion" hits. I don't know about you, but I DO NOT want to weed through a "zillion" hits; secondly, if you do find a thread dealing with your topic of interest it is typically so outdated that it is useless.

I am quite dissappointed at the attitude many veteran members took with this person who merely wanted to know how much you paid. Instead of politely saying, "You may want to search this topic because it's been discussed recently, but I paid this-that-or-the-other-thing for my TL." Or to even be more helpful provide, as I think someone FINALLY did, links to the threads discussing this issue.

I mean think about it. What's the big deal about reponding again? Are you going to have a heart attack? Are your fingers going to fall off if you respond to the same issue? Or, if you're so disgusted by someone who can't use the search function, just ignore their post.

I love the TL, but I'm having my doubts about this forum. I hope it's just one bad apple and not the entire barrel.

Well, I just probably screwed any chance of anyone responding to any of my questions about the Acura TL.
Old 03-25-2004 | 07:50 PM
Intermediate

artwork: So sorry you had this response...jeez, some folks have nothing better than drive their TLs and then write about...anyway, first -- where are you? I live in LA and got a TL w/Navi for $800 off sticker; muds and locks thrown in.

I was a "friend" of a dealer (whatever that got me, I don't know.) I am veryhappy with the deal...I think you should start at $1500 off, see if you get $1000.....good luck and enjoy the car and once you get, I wouldn't come back to this site....... have fun -- it is a AWESOME car....the stereo, amazing....!
Old 03-25-2004 | 07:51 PM
Banned

Originally posted by fotodad

I love the TL, but I'm having my doubts about this forum. I hope it's just one bad apple and not the entire barrel.
Naw, it's just a bad apple.
Well, I just probably screwed any chance of anyone responding to any of my questions about the Acura TL.
No you didn't, there are plenty of good people here willing to help out, it's just a pain to weed thru their good posts since a few of those previously mentioned bad apples litter this place with their own rules and crap that ends up ruining this place.
Old 03-26-2004 | 12:45 AM
Intermediate

I just ordered a 6 spd MT Anth./Ebony with Nav. The most I got was 500 off. It's simple supply and demand where I am from. Their were two cars exact the way I wanted coming to dealers near me for the next 2 months. I got the one coming in April. They will work with you a little better if you get an Automatic.

I think all in all the car is priced very well. Considering the other cars you can pit the TL against in terms of features alone you get a hell of a deal of that you pay for.

Good luck with the purchase!
Old 03-26-2004 | 11:33 AM
DP's for life

Well thanks for helping...but the reason why the search function does not really work in some cases is shown in this thread right here. There have been over 25 posts of pure bullsh@t and about 6 relevent to the topic I posted about. So I can search for days on worthless threads and never really find what I am looking for. This is a forum where only the Vetern (whatever the hell that means) memebers get to ask questions...

fotodad, newcar, and all of the others that have responed properly to this post..Thank you
Old 03-26-2004 | 12:28 PM
Racer

Artwork

I've got on order a 6mt with navi, black/ebony.

Price - $33,000 before taxes, etc.

There are dealers here in NJ who are offering a little bit less than that.
Old 03-26-2004 | 12:39 PM
Lurker

I guess using the search feature is simply too difficult for some people. It was already pointed out earlier that a quick search revealed 3 threads on this same topic posed in the last week.

Artwork is simply lazy.
Old 03-26-2004 | 12:48 PM
Lurker

What if everyone was so lazy? You end up with every topic like wheel fitment and what price you paid being repeated 4 times a week so new never before discussed threads are kicked off the front page within a few hours?

All that was asked...and VERY NICELY I might add, was that the post starter use search, and try varying the search terms as the topic has already been covered a number of times. Then the replys came in and someone asking you to use search is a big meany and the post starter claiming that they didn't see anything on the first two pages of results. Well duh, go to page 2 or 3. Try narrowing the search. The topic is one that has been discussed tons already and information is VERY EASY to find. It's not some rare subject discussed 6 months ago 1 time and never seen again...it's a 3 time a week question and every time it's posted by someone too lazy to simply take THEIR OWN TIME and do a LITTLE research.