Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shocks for 04 TL

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 07:08 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shocks for 04 TL

Don't know if this has been posted, but for those who would like better shocks on the TL, they are available. I got this form KONI today.

"We actually have shocks out now for it. The part numbers you will need
are
Front: 8041 1322 L&R Sport
Rear: 8041 1329 Sport"

I don't know details, price or installation info yet, but for those interested they are out.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:27 AM
Banned

awesome.. they will match up well with the H&R's!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Good news! Thanks for the update. Konis + Comptech springs $$< A-spec $$$$

Wait...are they the Koni Yellows?
Old 04-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by neuronbob

KONI sports = yellows..= adjustables :bowdown:
Old 04-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Danke schoen.

Not on the Koni website yet, but it sounds like they will be soon.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by neuronbob

They are the adjustable sport shocks, which I am fairly sure are the yellows. I plan to get some more info on them soon and will post.

Question? When having the shocks changed on the 04 TL, would it not be fairly inexpensive to also upgrade the springs to Comtech or H&Rs?

Neuronbob, I agree. IMHO the combo of springs and shocks could really transform this car to ASPEC performance with minimum $$$.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lakeman
Don't know if this has been posted, but for those who would like better shocks on the TL, they are available. I got this form KONI today.

"We actually have shocks out now for it. The part numbers you will need
are
Front: 8041 1322 L&R Sport
Rear: 8041 1329 Sport"

I don't know details, price or installation info yet, but for those interested they are out.
WOOHOO!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 10:15 AM
Banned

I think the combination of Koni yellows (sports) and a high line spring (comptech/ h-r/eibach etc) will more than transform this car beyond A-Spec as far as handling goes for significantly less.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Powered by Guinness

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lakeman
Question? When having the shocks changed on the 04 TL, would it not be fairly inexpensive to also upgrade the springs to Comtech or H&Rs?
Yes, it would actually be less work because you wouldn't have to bother removing the old springs.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Powered by Guinness

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EFlecha
I think the combination of Koni yellows (sports) and a high line spring (comptech/ h-r/eibach etc) will more than transform this car beyond A-Spec as far as handling goes for significantly less.
Perhaps, if the spring rates are right and you are willing to tune the dampening. Are you willing to try multiple sets of springs and turn laps/adjust suspension/turn laps/adjust suspension/turn laps until it is just right?
Old 04-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Racer

What about MUGEN? I heard all MUGEN shocks are actually manufactured by KYB!
Old 04-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Aegir
Perhaps, if the spring rates are right and you are willing to tune the dampening. Are you willing to try multiple sets of springs and turn laps/adjust suspension/turn laps/adjust suspension/turn laps until it is just right?
I turn laps everyday adjusting konis Is simple
Old 04-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Banned

Maybe we could organize a group buy? Admins, is that OK?
Old 04-13-2004, 01:29 PM
Instructor

I put Neuspeed Racing Springs with their 6 way (height) adjustable Yellow Koni’s on my son’s 95 Ex Coupe last year. The car handles like a slot car. The only problem is the 2.25” drop. It’s a good thing that Jacksonville’s streets are smooth.

BTW, The Neuspeed Koni’s are proprietary, you can’t get them from Koni. The regular Koni (Yellows) have only 3 height settings.

For the 04TL I would go with their Sport Spring/Koni combination (~1.8” drop).
Old 04-13-2004, 02:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Nah, too much drop for me, FlashG. The smaller drop offered by the Comptech springs is quite enough for me. The TL's wheel gap is pretty small, stock.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:30 PM