Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush Hour Christmas Present

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rush Hour Christmas Present

So I'm driving to work this morning, I have to drive down I-95 through Philadelphia to get to work, and a motorist gave me a nice present. Here's what happened...... I was merging onto the highway following the traffic pattern and this guy doesn't know how to read traffic patterms and essentially tries to run me onto the shoulder once the merge lane ends. I was persistent and didn't give way. He changed lanes and pulled up next to me when I proceeded to tell him to roll his window down so i can explain I wasn't trying to cut him off, I was trying to follow the traffic pattern. This went on for about 30 seconds where he would just look at me and not roll his window down. Then next thing i know, I get my present...... His McDonald's soft drink comes flying over his car (while he's moving) and lands on my windshield. I'll give him credit, it was a nice toss. So of course I had to jump right behind him, call 911 and report him. I doubt the Philly cops will do anything but they have his plate number and they better do something. It was a moving violation as well as road rage and vandalism. Christmas came early for me! Yay
Old 12-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evolpe
So I'm driving to work this morning, I have to drive down I-95 through Philadelphia to get to work, and a motorist gave me a nice present. Here's what happened...... I was merging onto the highway following the traffic pattern and this guy doesn't know how to read traffic patterms and essentially tries to run me onto the shoulder once the merge lane ends. I was persistent and didn't give way. He changed lanes and pulled up next to me when I proceeded to tell him to roll his window down so i can explain I wasn't trying to cut him off, I was trying to follow the traffic pattern. This went on for about 30 seconds where he would just look at me and not roll his window down. Then next thing i know, I get my present...... His McDonald's soft drink comes flying over his car (while he's moving) and lands on my windshield. I'll give him credit, it was a nice toss. So of course I had to jump right behind him, call 911 and report him. I doubt the Philly cops will do anything but they have his plate number and they better do something. It was a moving violation as well as road rage and vandalism. Christmas came early for me! Yay
I LOVE IT...."I'll give him credit, it was a nice toss"
Old 12-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by drdug27

What else can I do but laugh? If it dented my car I would be pissed but whatever syrup dries on my car will be easily removed with Hot water this afternoon. Not worth ruining my holiday over, just thought some people would enjoy the story.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Instructor

You have a good attitude about things. Way to go Its not worth an accident over. I was laughing when you said I have to give him credit though it was a nice toss. Chances are someone who does that has done it before and he is going to do it again and again untill he hits the wrong philly boys car and gets a bullet through his head.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:08 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rdx4fun
You have a good attitude about things. Way to go Its not worth an accident over. I was laughing when you said I have to give him credit though it was a nice toss. Chances are someone who does that has done it before and he is going to do it again and again untill he hits the wrong philly boys car and gets a bullet through his head.

For real, messing around in Philly like that ain't for the faint of heart. He's actually kind of lucky. I'm at Phase II of the FBI application process, if I was already through and an FBI agent, he would have been in some serious shit. I wonder if the cops are going to track his plate and question him.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:14 AM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That made me laugh............Happy Holydays!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Racer

yeah i needed something like this thread the day before the holiday.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Pro

About a month ago, while my car was parked in a grocery store parking lot, it looked like someone ran over an un-opened can of soda that was on the ground right next to my car, and it sprayed soda ALL over my car... which I had JUST finished washing, no less! At first I was pretty upset, but then I began to realize it wasn't anyone's fault. The person who ran over the can couldn't have known what was going to happen. Anyway, since I had just washed my car, I still had a wet towel in my trunk. I was able to wipe all of the soda off with the towel. After 5 minutes, good as new!

Not worth getting high blood pressure over spilled milk... or soda in this case.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
way to take the high road on that one.

i wish there were more drivers like you out there
Old 12-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Instructor

I took some hot water from our coffee machine here at work and just dabbed it on the soda remnants to remove it safely. It's really minor stuff. I think what is making me laugh still is it reminds me of the Nuggets and the Knicks brawl that happened a few days ago. He's the equivalent of Carmelo Anthony and I'm the poor guy he slapped in the face before running away like a pussy. Everytime I see that clip I crack up laughing at 'Melo.

Anyways, I'm Zainoing my car this weekend before the winter weather comes so it should take care of the soda I missed and I have a good story to tell at christmas dinner!

Merry Christmas all.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
lol nice move man...way to keep it cool. Hopefully no scratches to the tl.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Originally Posted by evolpe
... Carmelo Anthony ... running away like a pussy.
Word to that.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Instructor

Wow, that guy is lucky indeed. You have a great attitude, and at elast there's no damage.

Being from the area myself - are you sure you didn't instigate with any hand gestures?

Seriously though, he'll get his if he keeps this behavior up - I-95 in rush hour traffic is not the place to be pissing off fellow drivers! We're all grumpy enough from Woodhaven down to Girard.

You could follow up with the police department and file a formal complaint if you want to be SURE it is addressed. if it's that important to you. Try calling the 15th.

They Do typically pursue this sort of thing, and those Philly highway pattrol guys aren't the type to take something like this lightly - as it often escalates into serious accidents, road rage, shootings. etc.

And remember to call it in as "road rage in progress, erratic driving", etc, especially if you feel the situation is threatening. You just might be surprised how quick the police get there!

Happy holidays!
Old 12-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Opium den in

Lol I wouldnt have been so kind but yea you took the better way out instead of stirring up some crap that you dont need especially around this part of the year
Old 12-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
I definately don't think that guy was right for throwing something at you or your car. However, I don't share your enthusiasm in what went down. I never play "chicken" with anyone in my TL because I couldn't bare the thought of it getting damaged because I was too stubborn to let someone in or being a little more patient on the road.
Trust me- I'm not defending him because he's an asshole for throwing that drink but he MAY have thought that in you trying to get him to roll down his windows coupled with the fact that this went on for approximately 30 seconds MAY have given him the impression that YOU were messing with him?
Old 12-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

hahahahahahaha
Old 12-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Racer

I am not sure what the laws are in Philly but in CA what the guy did when he threw the soda at you is a FELONY. Yes FELONY!
In CA throwing an object (even a marshmallow) at a moving vehicle is considered a felony and will land you in jail/probation as well as responsible for any 'damages' that may occur from the vehicle trying to avoid the object being thrown.

I would think the cops would take that seriously if the laws are the same.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Need 4 Speed...

If you have his plate...put your story up on this site....

http://www.platewire.com/
Old 12-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wid-TL
Wow, that guy is lucky indeed. You have a great attitude, and at elast there's no damage.

Being from the area myself - are you sure you didn't instigate with any hand gestures?

Seriously though, he'll get his if he keeps this behavior up - I-95 in rush hour traffic is not the place to be pissing off fellow drivers! We're all grumpy enough from Woodhaven down to Girard.

You could follow up with the police department and file a formal complaint if you want to be SURE it is addressed. if it's that important to you. Try calling the 15th.

They Do typically pursue this sort of thing, and those Philly highway pattrol guys aren't the type to take something like this lightly - as it often escalates into serious accidents, road rage, shootings. etc.

And remember to call it in as "road rage in progress, erratic driving", etc, especially if you feel the situation is threatening. You just might be surprised how quick the police get there!

Happy holidays!

When I called it into 911 I described it as "aggressive driving" and then told them he threw a beverage at my car. They have his plate number and everything. I suppose I could follow up with it. I didn't flip him off or anything but I was making an attempt to talk to him. He could have taken that to mean many different things.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:14 PM
2007 NBP TL-S

Does the law in Philly require that you pull out a gun and mow him down? :uzi :

Just joking!
Merry Christmas