Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote not linked?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote not linked?

So I have a problem with one of my remotes. I can not set up any defaults in the system as far as locks and setting the seat. Does any one know how to link the remote or does the dealer have to do this?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
Press the lock and unlock buttons at the same time. If it blinks twice they are unlinked, and when it blinks only once they are linked.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:09 AM
Intermediate

The remote will lock and unlock the doors but I can not set any settings in the display. What I mean by this is if I want the doors to lock when I shift to reverse..
Old 09-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by HEADACHEZ
The remote will lock and unlock the doors but I can not set any settings in the display. What I mean by this is if I want the doors to lock when I shift to reverse..
Settings like the shift to reverse setting is independent of the keyfob, so it doesn't matter if it is linked or not. If you can't customize the MID then there is some other problem. Are you following the procedures in the owner's manual for customizing the MID to your individual preferences? If so, what is happening (or not happening) when you try to set the MID?
Old 09-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
Settings like the shift to reverse setting is independent of the keyfob, so it doesn't matter if it is linked or not. If you can't customize the MID then there is some other problem. Are you following the procedures in the owner's manual for customizing the MID to your individual preferences? If so, what is happening (or not happening) when you try to set the MID?
Don't mean to hijack this post but I have a related question so I thought I'd ask while we're on the subject.

Are the memory seat buttons linked in any way to the MID options? I carry key fob #1 and have the seat position set to allow easy access. Once I get into the car I press #2 which is set to my driving position. ( Wife doesn't drive the car ).

My question is once I press #2 memory button, do all the MID settings for Driver #2 become active or do they stay set to #1, same as key fob ?
Old 09-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Pressing either memory seat button will not affect the MID. It stays set to whichever remote was used when you last beeped the car.

You can check this easily enough by changing one of the settings so it is different for each keyfob, then pressing a seat button, and then checking the setting again.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ron A
Whenever I unlock the car with remote#2, I can not adjust the settings in the MID. I do not remember what it exactly says in the MID but is something along the lines of, "Can not adjust keyless settings until remote is linked". However whenever I use remote#1 I am able to adjust any settings in the MID.

I will take a picture of wht i displayed later today and post it up.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Administrator

If you get that message it means the remote is not linked. Have you tried pressing the lock and unlock buttons at the same time to see what happens? That should either link (one blink) or unlink (2 blinks) the keyfob, and if it unlinked then do it again and it will be linked.

If it still doesn't work after you have linked the remote, or if the remote just won't link, it's possible you have received a remote that was never linked to the car. In this case, you can go back to the dealer and get it linked, or follow the procedures in this thread. https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89492

In all of these postings you have never said if you tried linking the remote, so if you haven't then it needs to be done before proceeding further. I don't need a picture of the MID because it will be either of the above conditions, either not linked, or not programmed to the car.

A third case could be a defective remote, which would definitely be a dealer issue.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Intermediate

Ron thanks again! I went out and pressed the two buttons together. Now evrything works just fine.....

I love this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!