Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Ended! No Plates Yet!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 07:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by davenlei
Well, It looks like the girl is now stating that my wife cut her off and slammed on her brakes. She is stating that everything I said she told me is a lie (fathers a lawyer, she will pay). She also now has a mystery witness. Strange that there was no witness there when my wife was there, I was there or when the girl left. But now there is a supposed witness. Funny how my wife could pull off the cut off and brake slam in the entrance to a shopping center like the girl claims. My wife must be a damn good stunt driver.
By the way, the police would not have written a report since the actual collision happened on private property.
I thought rear end accidents are cut and dry??? I hate it when people do not take responsibility of their mistakes. This is a $1200 accident!!!!! Now this may turn into a legal fight where the insurance companies may spend tens of thousands of dollars!!! So stupid!! This is why we all pay such high rates! I HATE LIARS!!
I wish I could find her real address so I can ask her what the f*ck is her problem.
Although my insurance said this is pretty obvious the other parties fault and it will be 100% the other parties fault, I am worried there will be some BS that occurs which would raise our rates. This really sucks. I am going to start bringing a tape recorder in the car to record peoples statements if I get hit again so stories don't start changing...

Yeah lol that sounds about right... The comment about dad being a lawyer. They call it due process....

She wants fault placed with someone else... yet she hit your bumper with the front of her car. Your wife can just say the woman is lying and that there was nobody else there. Make the claim that when someone is at fault and want to get out of being responsible, they make up stories to save money. I call it insurance fraud!! I know we all want to not have to deal with people like this. Maybe you should say well 1200 is the start... My wife has back aches from all this now and we want pain and suffering and medical bills, etc... I think maybe 15,000 is more like it...!!

As for rates.... insurance companies are going nuts. I started a new job and they want to write my life insurance policy and want to know about my driving record, my job title, blood, parent health, siblings, etc... to set a premium.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Well, It looks like the girl is now stating that my wife cut her off and slammed on her brakes. She is stating that everything I said she told me is a lie (fathers a lawyer, she will pay). She also now has a mystery witness. Strange that there was no witness there when my wife was there, I was there or when the girl left. But now there is a supposed witness. Funny how my wife could pull off the cut off and brake slam in the entrance to a shopping center like the girl claims. My wife must be a damn good stunt driver.
By the way, the police would not have written a report since the actual collision happened on private property.
I thought rear end accidents are cut and dry??? I hate it when people do not take responsibility of their mistakes. This is a $1200 accident!!!!! Now this may turn into a legal fight where the insurance companies may spend tens of thousands of dollars!!! So stupid!! This is why we all pay such high rates! I HATE LIARS!!
I wish I could find her real address so I can ask her what the f*ck is her problem.
Although my insurance said this is pretty obvious the other parties fault and it will be 100% the other parties fault, I am worried there will be some BS that occurs which would raise our rates. This really sucks. I am going to start bringing a tape recorder in the car to record peoples statements if I get hit again so stories don't start changing...

One thing I learned a few years ago is I don;t care how minor it is I don;t move the car, let them ticket me for failure to move, but I have been screwed becasue the cars were moved and there were no witnesses, and I too was clippe din the back. Same crap, other driver claimed I cut him off and slammed on brakes. Cops ebelived him becasue the was only damage on one side of my rear bumper, I said DAH we were going around a turn and the moran must not have been watch so he was not turning as much as I was. I got screwed, but I laughed becasue I had minimal damage his front end was totalled and my insurance company faught him all the way. While I never use my camera phone for its camera I sure would in an accident!!
Old 03-28-2006, 10:38 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, here is a pic of the bumper paint flop mismatch. It looks pretty bad at this angle in the sun. When looking at it directly or from the front, it matches very well.

That sucks, sorry. Similar paint mismatch on my '05 SSM rear bumper, was hit before plates on as well... I'd have to put my car next to a car with original bumper to see if it's much different, or maybe just my imagination.

My bumper looks slightly darker... I'm not going to worry about it, will get it straightened out the next time I'm rear-ended!
Old 03-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Racer

KeithL,

Yea, I hear you. The person that rear ended my wife had a lot more damage (bumper, grill, hood, fenders). I am not sure how her story pans out with insurance because she hit my wife prety squarely in the rear. There was no real offset hit. Even the body shop guy said it was a direct square hit.a direct square hit.

WidTL,
Yea, I hope they match it better this time. The body shop manager called me yesterday and said they painted some sample parts in different ways to see what flop gives the best match. They said they will have something for me in the next day or so.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Racer

I picked up my car from the body shop today and I must say they did an excellent job on the paint match this time around. The color match to the body looks even better than the factory paint was on the wrecked bumper. The body shop manager pointed out the fact that the back bumper they painter matched the body color better than the factory painted front bumper as well. He even said he wished he could paint the front bumper to make the whole car match the body. I will post pics soon.
I have found my new body shop for all my needs.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:42 PM
Advanced

Glad to hear everything worked out! I will be taking one of my cars into to repaint the hood and fenders to repair chips picked when dump trucks deposit sand and gravel on the 91 freeway as they come in from the quarrys in Riverside county.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:53 PM
Racer

Hey Yendor,

Hope things work out for you. Just an FYI, 24 hours after getting the car out of the body shop, I was rear ended again!!
I have started another thread to go through my new cronicles named: What the F*CK!! AGAIN!!!!