Sponsored by:

Rear Ended! No Plates Yet!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 11:39 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Rear Ended! No Plates Yet!

Well...... it happened.......
My wife was driving the car to run some errands and BAM! Some 20yr. old girl rams into the back of my wife driving my brand new TL! The TL is only three weeks old! I don't have plates yet!
I will post pics when it is daylight. The bumper is creased and gouged. I am not sure if it has any frame damage but there are no wrinkles in the quarter panels. The taillights look like they are not shifted and the metal in the trunk floor and under the car does not look creased or like it received any damage. The doors and trunk open and close fine. From the look of the hit on both cars, it looks like she submarined and her front grill,fenders, hood hit my cars lower part of the bumper. So her BMW is trashed in the front and it looks like my bumper cover and the insulation behind it may be the only thing needing replacement.
She does not want to go through insurance but I want this car in PERFECT condition. Not sure what I should do. BTW, there is no police report because both cars were moved off the road after the accident and there are no witnesses that stopped.
Funny thing is that she kept saying that her dad is a lawyer and he will pay for it all.

I hope her info is not BS.

WHY ME!!!
Old 02-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Master Graphic Artist

Originally Posted by davenlei
Well...... it happened.......
My wife was driving the car to run some errands and BAM! Some 20yr. old girl rams into the back of my wife driving my brand new TL! The TL is only three weeks old! I don't have plates yet!
I will post pics when it is daylight. The bumper is creased and gouged. I am not sure if it has any frame damage but there are no wrinkles in the quarter panels. The taillights look like they are not shifted and the metal in the trunk floor and under the car does not look creased or like it received any damage. The doors and trunk open and close fine. From the look of the hit on both cars, it looks like she submarined and her front grill,fenders, hood hit my cars lower part of the bumper. So her BMW is trashed in the front and it looks like my bumper cover and the insulation behind it may be the only thing needing replacement.
She does not want to go through insurance but I want this car in PERFECT condition. Not sure what I should do. BTW, there is no police report because both cars were moved off the road after the accident and there are no witnesses that stopped.
Funny thing is that she kept saying that her dad is a lawyer and he will pay for it all.

I hope her info is not BS.

WHY ME!!!
Uh, no police report? Wow Hey, if you don't get your car fixed I can tell you why. I hope you got her license #, Plates, took some photos, and got her Insurance # "just in case" if not you might not see your car in perfect condition.

ALWAYS GET A POLICE REPORT so it's on file, and flag down a by stander as a witness. Unless of course it was such a minor accident you could care less, or if you caused the accident
Old 02-17-2006, 11:50 PM
Instructor

Sorry to hear about your bad luck and the damage to the TL . Just a word of advice. do consider going through insurance. Sounds like the wifie is in the clear and it is 100% the other drivers fault. Where I live that would mean if I report it to the insurance company it has no negative effect on myself or my driving record. Only reason I suggest reporting it is I was rear ended a few years back. It took 2 months for the whiplash in my lower back to show up and once it did I was in serious pain. Had to miss work etc and do short term disability and therapy. If I had let the guy who slammed me from behind fix my car out of his own pocket I would have been screwed once my injury showed up. Just my $0.02! Best of lucky getting your loved one fixed up - hope the wifie is okay to .
Old 02-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Racer

Well, I did get her plate number, her DL number, address, insurance info and her vin number to her car. The problem is that the timing of this really sucks. We are flying out of town warly tomorrow morning and we HAD to get things done tonight and could not wait an hour for a cop to come. The timing could not have been worse. It was either get as much info as we could without a police report and make our flight or ge the police report, cancel our flight and lose several hundred dollars in non-refundable air fare, etc. Either way it is a possible lose-lose situation.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:03 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident! Hope your wife is okay.

I would recommend reporting this to your insurance at least. So they are aware of the situation and tell them that the other party prefers to pay out of pocket instead of going through their insurance. Then you will at least have a backup plan if things dont go through.

In a recent accident (another car), police came and said they dont make reports unless someone was injured or a large amount of property was damaged. So the cops gathered the information and just handed each party the other party's info. Told us to contact each other's insurance company. I later found out the other party was driving around on an expired policy for at least a year! :angryfire My uninsured motorist coverage saved me there. I should have gotten a lawyer. Rather than calling around and figure things out the hard way, I would have been better taken care of. Learn and move on.

Best wishes davenlei!
Old 02-18-2006, 01:19 AM
291hp & 245 tq @ 3.5psi

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to here the bad news! Like everyone said, contact your insurance and tell them what happens. Have some body shop appraisal the damage with written estimate cost to fix and replace with new bumper (with using all brand new OEM parts). Since your car is so new, do not accept to fix/repaint the bumper. Talk to the other party to see if she wanna make a deal/payment for the damage cost. If the deal not gone thru, then file a claim with your insurance and consult with a lawyer. Yes, lawyer will get some of the money for the fees (from the other party's insurance), but it's worth it since you don't have to get into the headage of dealing with other party's insurance.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Racer

Well, it looks like any numeric information the girl that hit my car gave me was wrong. Her telephone numbers are wrong, her policy number is wrong. But her insurance company is correct and they do have her on file under a different policy number. So I decided the favor of letting her pay outside of insurance is done and I filed a claim with my insurance company and told them all the numbers are wrong but her name andincurance company is correct. They said no problem. They will take it from there and file with her insurnace company. If she has an expired policy or if she is an excluded driver, then I will get my car fixed through uninsured motorist.
Well, I guess that serves me for trying to be a nice guy and save someone a few bucks from hiked rates.
Next time, I will tell my wife to just call the police before getting out of the car so there will be no discussion about making a deal outside of insurance. I guess it does not pay to try to help people through a bad situation they created for themselves.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Racer

One other thing I forgot to mention. I called the Ploice the next day about the accident and she said that since the cars were moved from the impact positions, all they would have done is to get each others information and exchanged it with each party and would have taken down a basic he said/she said of the incident individually. I told the police (and my insurance company) what had happened and where the damage was and they said it is pretty much the rear vehicles fault.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Safety Car

Good thing you figured this out early. It took me nearly a week and a half playing phone tag with insurance companies to find out the other party was uninsured.

Looks like she might have given you her old expired policy just like what happened to me.

Your insurance company should also notify the DMV regarding this. Do you have her driver's license number? They should be able to track her down. In my case, the other party confessed to my insurance that they had no insurance.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Racer

Yea, I like to help people out who need a 'favor' but I also have a short tolerance when I feel like my charity is being taken advantage of.
She originally gave my wife the wrong drivers license number but I demanded to see it physically since my wife was too shaken up to be sure she saw it correctly. She showed it to me after I threatened to call the police and not 'help' her out and noted the correct number.
The number was close and I thought she may have written it down wrong since she was also shaken up. But now that I look back, I think she was just giving bogus info where she thought she could to throw us off her trail.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:38 PM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That sucks that she was trying to pass off bogus info. I wish people would just own up to their mistakes and pay the price. But then again she was 20 and she probably didn't want her parents to find out what happened. I hope everything works out for you.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Racer

Well, I just got back from the insurance adjuster to get an estimation of repairs and it does not look like it will be too bad.
The total estimate came out to around $1,200.00 (one thousand, two hundred dollars) and it looks like there is probably no frame damage. They said they will measure it anyway to make sure it is within specs.
Here is the lowdown on what they need to do:
1) Replace the bumper cover.
2) Replace energy absorber
3) Prep/paint/clear coat (with flex agent) bumper cover
4) Repair exaust system (slightly bent)
5) Remove and inspect tail lights for hidden damage.
6) Remove trunk liners and inspect inner body areas for hidden damage.
7) Check frame for squareness.
8) Realign trunk lid.

That girl should have just gave me her correct contact info and paid me out of pocket. This is gonna jack her rates more than just paying out of pocket. If she did not have insurance, just the crap she will have to deal with the DMV is going to cause her much more pain than the cost of repair.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Racer

Which side of the exhaust is bent?? If it's on the right side, it will cost you more than 1200. The exhaust itself costs 1k. If it's the left side, then they will just change the muffler.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Racer

Ah.. Well it is the right side that is bent. The muffler is pushed in about 2-3 inches. He said it just needs to be straightened out. Why would the whole exaust need to be replaced?
Old 02-22-2006, 05:06 PM
Racer

Ok, well the ball is rolling. The adjuster called me and said take the car to a repair shop and they will cut the check to them.
The funny thing is they said I have to pay the $500 deductible and then get reimbursed once they get payment from the other party as long as they do not fight who is at fault.
I have never seen the party receiving the loss having to pay for anything, ever. Even if they are going to get re-imbursed there has not been out of pocket anything.
Is this normal to pay the deductible and then wait for a check to come back????
Old 02-22-2006, 06:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I did get her plate number, her DL number, address, insurance info and her vin number to her car. The problem is that the timing of this really sucks. We are flying out of town warly tomorrow morning and we HAD to get things done tonight and could not wait an hour for a cop to come. .
You should of waited. A police report is your ticket to her not lying. 1 hr shouldnt of been that bad. If she changes her story and knowing her dad is a lawyer which she may.. then you will be paying more out of pocket later just because you didnt want to wait an hr.

By the way.. i only read your post.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Instructor

I've never heard of that either.

I got in an accident with a kid in an Acura coupe a few years ago. I was in my pickup truck. Guess who won? Anyway, he did not speak English so I called the cops (thank God), so there was a report. He gave the wrong name and address. But we caught the guy when his uncle (his uncle's Acura by the way) called my insurance company to file a claim. Seems he told his uncle that it was my fault. He conveniently forgot about the stop sign he ran and the ticket he received...
Old 02-22-2006, 07:28 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,149 Likes on 775 Posts
Deductible reimbursement- Geico or USAA insurance

I have heard of this; a friend who has USAA who had this occur after a collision in Riverside County. The reimbursement check was sent several months later, after the other driver's insurance carrier paid USAA.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Instructor

A few things that people don't realize about Insurance companies that I found out from getting hit in my Maxima by a teenager:

1) If the other person is at fault, don't get your Insurance company involved unless you cannot get payment from the other person's Insurance company. Even though the other person caused the accident, your Ins Company will make a note that you were in an accident. I found this out when I was applying for motorcycle insurance thru my agent. They told me since they knew about my accident, they had to report it even though it was "no fault" for me. I was told it didn't affect my rates, so why the need to keep the record?

2) Your Insurance agent will charge you deductible to do the leg work for you with the other Insurance agent. Big payday for your Ins company, all they do is make a couple of phone calls, no different than you.

3) Always call the cops, you will rest at night no matter how small or large the accident. He said/she said can bite you in the ass if its not documented by the cops.

4) Moral of the story- Do not get your Insurance company involved unless you absolutely have to. You can give them a call much later if you run into trouble with the other Insurance agency and need someone to fight for you. Otherwise they just make a record of you in an accident and collect more money. If Insurance is not a legal crime syndicate, I don't know who is..
Old 02-22-2006, 09:45 PM
Instructor

three weeks and no plates?!!! what the hay!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:46 PM
291hp & 245 tq @ 3.5psi

Ok, well the ball is rolling. The adjuster called me and said take the car to a repair shop and they will cut the check to them.
The funny thing is they said I have to pay the $500 deductible and then get reimbursed once they get payment from the other party as long as they do not fight who is at fault.
I have never seen the party receiving the loss having to pay for anything, ever. Even if they are going to get re-imbursed there has not been out of pocket anything.
It's normal for you to pay out of pocket the deductible then get reimbursed later because Your insurance is paying to fix your car right now. They will get their money back throu other party's insurance.

$1,200 for the damage is little low for the TL. I got into similar accident 5 years ago in my accord, and the damage was $1200 with replace new bumper but no damage to the exhaust nor the frame or tailights. You can bring the car to reputable shop (recognize by the insurance) and get an estimate instead of the adjustor from the insurance to come down and check. Either way, if you could, just hold on to the car and wait to get full check before the fix just in case things get ugly. Since this girl is lying to you about insurance information and who knows what she could tell her insurance about this accident, be prepare to get a lawyer if you want to get the money to fix the car fast. Don't worry, lawyer find a way to get money from other party's insurance to pay to its fee.

1) If the other person is at fault, don't get your Insurance company involved unless you cannot get payment from the other person's Insurance company. Even though the other person caused the accident, your Ins Company will make a note that you were in an accident. I found this out when I was applying for motorcycle insurance thru my agent. They told me since they knew about my accident, they had to report it even though it was "no fault" for me. I was told it didn't affect my rates, so why the need to keep the record?
I believe in Cali, you must notify your insurance and DMV if the damage is more than $500 (which is the same amount of the deductable for most people). It will not increase your premium or add points to your record if you are no fault.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:18 AM
Racer

Regarding going through the other persons insurance only. I was going to go that route but they advised me that they will notify my insurance that I was making an accident claim against their policy holder so all companies will be in the 'know'. I then thought, well what the hay, I will just tell my insurance and let them deal with all the BS her insurance may throw at me.
Regarding changing the story. I am not sure how she can shift the story to not be her fault. She hit only my rear bumper and my wife was beginning her turn into a driveway when she hit my wife. At the scene, she admitted that she swerved into my wifes lane to avoid getting hit by another car and could not stop in time to avoid hitting my wife. I am sure she could probably twist it somehow but I do not see how she can get out of being at fault since her front end hit my back end with no other damage to either car. Th damage also squarely shows that she submarined under my bumper which indicates she was braking hard.

I know we should have waited to get the police report. It is one of those judgement calls of what to do now. Next time, we will probably call the police before exiting the car.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Instructor

Well, I just got back from the insurance adjuster to get an estimation of repairs and it does not look like it will be too bad.
The total estimate came out to around $1,200.00 (one thousand, two hundred dollars) and it looks like there is probably no frame damage. They said they will measure it anyway to make sure it is within specs.
Here is the lowdown on what they need to do:
1) Replace the bumper cover.
2) Replace energy absorber
3) Prep/paint/clear coat (with flex agent) bumper cover
4) Repair exaust system (slightly bent)
5) Remove and inspect tail lights for hidden damage.
6) Remove trunk liners and inspect inner body areas for hidden damage.
7) Check frame for squareness.
8) Realign trunk lid.

That girl should have just gave me her correct contact info and paid me out of pocket. This is gonna jack her rates more than just paying out of pocket. If she did not have insurance, just the crap she will have to deal with the DMV is going to cause her much more pain than the cost of repair.
This seems about right. I used an Acura certified repair shop in my area, and it was $800 - though I didn't have any exhaust damage, just the bumper.

I would have had to pay the deductible abd fight it, but this place was luckily a repair shop that the other persons insurance company uses for repairs - so they covered the whole thing including rental car.

Good luck...
Old 03-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Racer

Angry

Well, It looks like the girl is now stating that my wife cut her off and slammed on her brakes. She is stating that everything I said she told me is a lie (fathers a lawyer, she will pay). She also now has a mystery witness. Strange that there was no witness there when my wife was there, I was there or when the girl left. But now there is a supposed witness. Funny how my wife could pull off the cut off and brake slam in the entrance to a shopping center like the girl claims. My wife must be a damn good stunt driver.
By the way, the police would not have written a report since the actual collision happened on private property.
I thought rear end accidents are cut and dry??? I hate it when people do not take responsibility of their mistakes. This is a $1200 accident!!!!! Now this may turn into a legal fight where the insurance companies may spend tens of thousands of dollars!!! So stupid!! This is why we all pay such high rates! I HATE LIARS!!
I wish I could find her real address so I can ask her what the f*ck is her problem.
Although my insurance said this is pretty obvious the other parties fault and it will be 100% the other parties fault, I am worried there will be some BS that occurs which would raise our rates. This really sucks. I am going to start bringing a tape recorder in the car to record peoples statements if I get hit again so stories don't start changing...
Old 03-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Super Car Enthusiast

Received 190 Likes on 91 Posts
File a claim with your insurance (if you haven't already), pay the deductible, get your TL fixed, and let your insurance company do what you pay them to do and subrogate to get their money back.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Racer

Yep. Already have the ball rolling with my insurance company. They said they will handle it. I am taking my car to Anaheim Hills auto body from the recommendations of others on this site for their good work.

It is just amazing that people can lie on a recorded statement like that. Don't they know that it may come back and haunt them later on?
Old 03-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Safety Car

...I thought rear end accidents are cut and dry??? I hate it when people do not take responsibility of their mistakes. This is a $1200 accident!!!!! Now this may turn into a legal fight where the insurance companies may spend tens of thousands of dollars!!! So stupid!! This is why we all pay such high rates! I HATE LIARS!!
I totally hear you on this. I'm in the similar boat as you with my last car.

I received a phone call from my insurance company last week and they said the other party is now denying fault. The uninsured motorist wants my insurance to pay for his repair costs and blames the accident on me! I should have gotten a lawyer from the start.

So it looks like I might have a legal battle as well. CA law states that you have up to 3 years after an accident to file a case so make sure you keep all your info together in one place. Good luck with yours!
Old 03-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Racer

Sorry to hear a similar thing is happening to you too Datmrman. Where are peoples morals anymore?
Since the girl gave me all fake information in her handwriting I called the police to see if this was some form of hit and run or intent to hit and run since she wanted to leave after giving us the fake info. The police said that since I was able to force her to give me her license (she refused three times) and get the correct info, that it is not considered hit and run anymore. They said, if I had let her leave with giving me only the fake info and I wrote down her license plate myself and reported it as a hit and run when I discovered her info was fake, they would have paid her a visit with the silver bracelets, she would be automatically at fault and I would not have to deal with this BS!
It's almost like you get rewarded if you do not verify information. Why can't she be charged with intent to hit and run!!!! She would have happily left if I did not demand to see her license.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Safety Car

Thanks davenlei. Keep us posted when you make any progress.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:14 PM
100k miles club

sorry bro, my car got hit last week so i feel your pain. usually if you get hit in the back, the car behind you is at fault, no matter what. but her dad's a liar, i mean a lawyer so i'm not sure how that will play. don't take this lightly, take it to their grill man. especially now that the girl is lying good luck and keep us posted
Old 03-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Racer

Thanks guys. It is a pian dealing with this. I wish I could sue her for mental stress for lying.
I just hope that the fact that I have a piece of paper with her handwriting on it which contains all false information will make her insurance company see that she has no credibility and if it goes to court I will use it to try to show that she has already lied about her info so why would anyone believe her testimony? The girl is a high risk driver (her insurance stated this) and my wife has a good driver discount with a company that only takes good drivers (21st Century). I can't remember when my wife was last in an at fault accident. It has been many, many, many years.
I just am worried because we have all had what we felt were slam dunk situations in the past which turned around on us and made us think 'What the f*ck just happened!?!'
Old 03-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
I carry a camera all times as I was hit by an uninsured motorist ! Call the cops, call your insurance company......let them take care of it. I had over $9,500.00 in damage from an asshole who broadsided us sitting at a red light. He came out of no where.....then suddenly BAM !!!!! My spotless garaged MDX that the cops thought was "brand new" was trashed at a snap of a finger by an asshole with a lasped insurance policy. I immediately took my camera out and snaped a shit load of pictures and emailed them immediately to my insurance company.......should have seen the cops and the assholes faces when taking their pictures !!!!! He's having a ruff time I can assure you cause he it the WRONG asshole !
Old 03-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Racer

Well, I just went out and bought a camera phone with video capabilities so if this ever happens again I can just pretend I am texting someone, etc. while I am actually recording the person stating they will pay for it, it is their fault, etc. So if the story changes, bam... here you are on camera admitting fault and stating you will pay for it.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:40 PM
291hp & 245 tq @ 3.5psi

So your insurance will pay for the damage first? and get the money back from other party later after the dispute is over? It's time to consult with the lawyer! It gives you less headach to worry about. If you don't know one, I can recommend one.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Yep. Already have the ball rolling with my insurance company. They said they will handle it. I am taking my car to Anaheim Hills auto body from the recommendations of others on this site for their good work.

It is just amazing that people can lie on a recorded statement like that. Don't they know that it may come back and haunt them later on?
I have heard about this body shop and was thinking of taking one of my cars there. Have you gotton your car back yet? If so, how was the quality of the work?
Old 03-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Racer

LacViet,
I already told my insurance company that if this accident situation does not turn out exactly how I want it to, I have no problems in bringing a lawyer into this issue to sort it out for me. They said that they are completely backing our side of the story since my wife was rear ended. He said that this is pretty standard procedure for your own insurance to take care of the costs and then bill the other insurance when there is any dispute from the other driver. He said if the other insurance does not pay, they will be sent to collections.

RKA4570,
I am actually picking up my TL today. I got the call from the body shop and they said it is all done. They told me that there was no frame damage, no underbody damage. Basically he said the bumper took the brunt of the hit since the other car hit my wife square in the back and my exaust was bent very slightly.
I will let you know how the car turned out.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Racer

Well, I ended up not picking up my car today. I saw some things were slightly misaligned. Most people would probably not notice but I am pretty anal. I am an analyst by profession so I always look for things that are not exactly right and it seems to have bled into my personal life as well. The bumper was slightly off alignment in the center and one tail light corner was slightly pushed out and not exactly flush with the bumper and trunk. So they were very understanding about it and said they will realign the areas I said were bothering me and I can pick it up tomorrow.
I must say the paint job is awsome. It matches very well and it looks very factory. Other than the alignment issues they are fixing, they did a really good job on the paint.

While I was walking through their HUGE building, I saw some very nice and expensive cars totally smashed up. It was pretty sad. I saw some cars in the process of being repaired and it looked like they do not cut any corners.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Racer

Well, I was not able to pick it up yet. When they brought the car out into the sunlight I could immediately tell that the paint flop on the bumper was in a different direction than the rest of the car.
If you don't know what paint 'flop' is, it is basically the direction the metallic flakes settle when the paint dries. So even if you paint two different pieces of the car with the same paint but from a different angle, the paint will not match since the metallic in the paint will flop in different directions.
Actually, let me restate that. The paint color will match when you look at it from some directions but totally mismatch when looking at it from other directions. It is easiest to see mismatched paint flop in direct mid day sunlight.
I took a picture of the bad paint flop on my camera phone but I do not know how to send it to the PC. I have a Motorola E815 if anyone wants to instruct me on how to do it.
So, as soon as I pointed it out to the body shop guy, he said "Damn, I missed that. I will have the guy shoot it again and you should have the car back by Monday or Tuesday."
Other than the paint flop, the surface and quality of the paint job was excellent. It looked just as good, if not better than stock.

BTW, the items I wanted him to realign came out great. It was really good.

So, I will give an update on the continuing saga next week.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Well, I was not able to pick it up yet. When they brought the car out into the sunlight I could immediately tell that the paint flop on the bumper was in a different direction than the rest of the car.
If you don't know what paint 'flop' is, it is basically the direction the metallic flakes settle when the paint dries. So even if you paint two different pieces of the car with the same paint but from a different angle, the paint will not match since the metallic in the paint will flop in different directions.
Actually, let me restate that. The paint color will match when you look at it from some directions but totally mismatch when looking at it from other directions. It is easiest to see mismatched paint flop in direct mid day sunlight.
I took a picture of the bad paint flop on my camera phone but I do not know how to send it to the PC. I have a Motorola E815 if anyone wants to instruct me on how to do it.
So, as soon as I pointed it out to the body shop guy, he said "Damn, I missed that. I will have the guy shoot it again and you should have the car back by Monday or Tuesday."
Other than the paint flop, the surface and quality of the paint job was excellent. It looked just as good, if not better than stock.

BTW, the items I wanted him to realign came out great. It was really good.

So, I will give an update on the continuing saga next week.
Sorry for the accidents and the troubles you've incurred. Hope things will go your way next week.

I have a the 815 and I used to send the pictures to my email addy and then post it on the web using a image hosting site. YOu could try it.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Racer

well, here is a pic of the bumper paint flop mismatch. It looks pretty bad at this angle in the sun. When looking at it directly or from the front, it matches very well.

Quick Reply: Rear Ended! No Plates Yet!