rattle in drivers door....

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004 | 11:02 AM
Cruisin'

rattle in drivers door....

has anyone else had this...know of the fix??? it is getting annoying..... but I hate going to the dealer with "rattles" I know it is a pain in the ARSE to find the root of the problem....
Old 06-27-2004 | 01:14 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Macrocosm
has anyone else had this...know of the fix??? it is getting annoying..... but I hate going to the dealer with "rattles" I know it is a pain in the ARSE to find the root of the problem....
I've been noticing a rattle around there too. Seems like its coming from the driver door, even after i take my sunglasses out of the holder. When did you get your's? i got mine last week in oct and have 15k miles on it
Old 06-27-2004 | 01:18 PM
Cruisin'

Just got mine...... it has 161 miles on it!
Old 06-27-2004 | 01:20 PM
Cruisin'

I have had the same type of rattles. The dealer actually replaced the front driver and passenger door panels. This has solved my problem with the rattles. Now they just have to figure out the rattle in the rear dash area. I have brought it back four times for them to repair. Good luck with your repairs.
Old 06-27-2004 | 01:25 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I'm not sure which part you're talking about, panel/frame/inside/outside, but check this one and see if this could help...
http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84527

Or you should try to specify/describe a little more, thanks.
Old 06-27-2004 | 05:22 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

The door rattle has been the most annoying issue that I've dealt with in owning this car. The other rattles are able to get fixed or mitigated to a point where I'm happy, but because door panels are inherently "covered" and fairly inaccessible without a lot of work, it's been tough to do anything on my own.

I've had two types of door rattles - the one in the panel itself and the one in the window trim (per the link that rets posted). They're both equally hard to fix, but the one in the window trim is the most annoying since it's right by my ear when I'm driving.

I've tried Aegir's solution and the felt wasn't staying in one place so I taped the felt inside the trim instead of leaving the paper backing on. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I'll report back shortly.

Remember when I asked about the door panels and the way they seem to come off? Well, I think that's the other part of the problem - the clips are probably vibrating or something. Who knows, but rets is right - without more information about the TYPE of rattle you're experiencing we'll be hard pressed to provide a solution for your specific problem.
Old 06-28-2004 | 12:40 PM
Advanced

ok ok ok.

Passeneger door rattles, seems like right in the center of the door, just back from the handle. If you push the door slightly it stops, if you just barely crack the window it stops.

So while looking over there very closely I noticed one day the aluminum door sills rattle like a mofo when you tap them (try it). I noticed when I close the door (as much as I can) and keep my finger on the sill and tap it, the sound almost sounds like its comoing from the middle of the door! So on a hunch I slid some foam under the sill (nothing permanent, just as a test).. I slid it in enough so that it doesn't make the noise when I tap on the sill.

After a few days driving around I have to say the sound is almost not there. The times I've heard it I've parked the car (I am nuts) and went around and tapped the door sill and it was rattling again (foam moved around).

I think this might be part or all of the rattle (for me).. so can anyone tell me how to remove the aluminum "Acura TL" aluminum door sill so? is it just attached with clips?
Old 06-29-2004 | 04:34 PM
Advanced

Anyone else notice if their aluminum door sill rattles?