Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with Home Link

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Shibby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems with Home Link

I just picked up my TL this past Tuesday NBP/Camel/5Spd/Navi. And i am having the most random problem. My homelink transmittor is sending out random signals and opening my garage in the middle of the night. I dont get it. I make sure before going to bed the garage is closed but when i wake up ITS OPEN. this never started happening till i got my tl. Has anyone heard or seen anything like this.

My second question is when in reverse do both mirrors tilt down or just one? i thought both did? and why does the mirror tilting feature really help. I think it is kind of a nuisance sometimes.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:32 AM
Racer

The mirrors will only tilt when you slide the button underneath the side mirror adjuster to either the left or right side. It will not tilt both at the same time. If you leave the slider in the middle then neither will tilt. Problem solved.

Old 11-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The mirror will tilt down only when you have the switch set to the appropriate mirror..ie: if you park on the right side, select the right mirror then when you back up, the right mirror will tilt down. If you park on the left, do the reverse. It's a great feature that allows you to view the curb when parking so you don't scratch the rims...I love it and use it often. Every car should have this feature.
That's a strange problem you're having with the homelink and I've never heard of anything like it before. Try changing codes on your garage door opener and that should solve the problem if it's a random signal causing the door to open. I don't believe it has anything to do with the car..just a fluke that happened when you got the car. Try changing the code, then if it persists, clear out the homelink so it doesn't have the code programmed, and if it goes away...you've got a defective homelink transmitter and should have it replaced. It's hard to believe that it could transmit a signal without someone touching the button. It's a security issue, so look into the problem ASAP.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
My particular HomeLink problem is that I have two garage doors. I have programmed separate buttons for separate doors but then after a while one of the buttons operates both doors while the other button operates just the one it was programmed to. I cleared the one button and reprogrammed it and it worked fine for a few weeks and now it's back to operating both doors again. Any insight??
Old 11-29-2004, 10:15 AM
Ex-Acura Service Manager

Only thing I could suggest it to reset all 3 buttons & reprogram everything again.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Pro

Mines has yet to cause any problems.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Acura aficionado

VTEC1,

It seem very odd that your TL would be doing that!

A neighbor or someone driving may be opening the door. Change the security code on your door opener and see if it still opens mysteriously during the night.

Trending Topics

Old 11-29-2004, 12:16 PM
Yada, Yada, Yada

Originally Posted by Krypton Ken
VTEC1,

It seem very odd that your TL would be doing that!

A neighbor or someone driving may be opening the door. Change the security code on your door opener and see if it still opens mysteriously during the night.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:36 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Treblig
My particular HomeLink problem is that I have two garage doors. I have programmed separate buttons for separate doors but then after a while one of the buttons operates both doors while the other button operates just the one it was programmed to. I cleared the one button and reprogrammed it and it worked fine for a few weeks and now it's back to operating both doors again. Any insight??
Treblig..I believe the early TL's had some sort of problem with the homelink dropping codes. I haven't had any problems with my '04TL, but I had a problem exactly like you describe with my '02TLS..and the dealer replaced the module and the problem went away. I had the opener programmed for separate doors in different locations, then the homelink would start having a mind of it's own and would open either door, or neither...whatever it felt like doing that day.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Originally Posted by JetJock
Treblig..I believe the early TL's had some sort of problem with the homelink dropping codes. I haven't had any problems with my '04TL, but I had a problem exactly like you describe with my '02TLS..and the dealer replaced the module and the problem went away. I had the opener programmed for separate doors in different locations, then the homelink would start having a mind of it's own and would open either door, or neither...whatever it felt like doing that day.
My car is an '05 so if that is the case, the problem is re-emerging. I'll reprogram it once again and have the dealer take a lot when I take it in to get the the A-Spec suspension installed. Thanks for the info though.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:12 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Reprogram it but only after you change the codes on the garage door itself. That'll eliminate the "naughty neighbor" variable!
Old 12-01-2004, 11:11 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think I had the neighbor problem when I tried to program my garage to homelink. It kept opening and closing on its own. Turns out my garage door won't program with my homelink. My door is not compatiable by like one or two years and is like the only model that isn't!!
Old 12-01-2004, 11:46 PM
Acura Dealer Technician

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a bulletin about the homelink. May want the dealer to check your vin to see if it falls within.
As far as the homelink....it only duplicates the transmitter frequency and strength.
Not much to it. Maybe a neighbor or some kids around have a rolling frequency
opener type thing that can open some garage doors?