Pre-order for 2005

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003 | 05:42 PM
Instructor

Pre-order for 2005

I would like to put an order in for an '05 RR/Ebony/6MT/Navi as soon as the dealers have their new model pricing/ordering info. From historical time frames for previous models or years, when can I expect to be able to do this?

As much as I'd like a TL now, I can make a better down pmt. by next October (or so) and maybe they'll have some new features/fixes on the '05. Plus the fact that I haven't heard of anyone that actually has (or has seen) a red 6MT with navi.

Thanks.
Old 12-04-2003 | 11:55 PM
Advanced

pre order 05'?

I dont get what you're saying... Do you think this is an Acura dealership? Are u trying to place an order for an 05'?
Old 12-05-2003 | 12:08 AM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

If you wait and save until 2009 you may be able to pay the car in full with no interest!

but then again, you may have an accident and not be able to drive cars by then! - it's all relative.

"Live and enjoy one day at a time"
Old 12-05-2003 | 12:59 AM
Burning Brakes

why not just wait for the 2006 hybrid with all wheel drive and 300 horse power? If you're gonna wait for something wait for something different. The 2005 is likely to be very much like the 2004. What the hell are you waiting for???????????????????????:wow:
Old 12-06-2003 | 01:03 PM
BOOK EM

You can`t "preorder" this soon. Maybe around Sept. Buy now or forget it!!
Old 12-06-2003 | 05:59 PM
9th Gear

Chill

Give the guy a break. He's fired up about the TL like the rest of us. All he his asking is when do we think the 2005 tl will come out (usually new model years come out in Sept or Oct) and if maybe the supply will be better (obviously). He also can afford one better then. I'm waiting for the 2005 to see if they come out with a HP bump or even the Type S. There will be some changes and they are usually for the better. I will buy a '05 regardless. Maybe the sidemarkers will blink, maybe not. Maybe the seat leather will improve, maybe not. Maybe the nav will have the Accord trip comp., maybe not. The point is he doesn't have to buy one now or "forget it".
Old 12-06-2003 | 09:24 PM
Instructor

Jeez, guys.

If I really needed/wanted a new TL I would already have paid down and secured financing for an 04. Thought it was a simple question--when did the first 04 TL owners put in their preorder; add one year. I figured someone who was in that position not long ago would share their order and delivery dates.

My point was I'm going to wait until next Oct or so anyway... might as well order a 2005, or see what the new MY offers and get an 04 on fire sale. I see now that's about the right time frame to do that--roughly Sep 04. Sorry to trouble you all. Thanks drwaldo69 for addressing the question.
Old 12-06-2003 | 10:19 PM
Racer

Re: Pre-order for 2005

Originally posted by Dirac
I would like to put an order in for an '05 RR/Ebony/6MT/Navi as soon as the dealers have their new model pricing/ordering info. From historical time frames for previous models or years, when can I expect to be able to do this?

As much as I'd like a TL now, I can make a better down pmt. by next October (or so) and maybe they'll have some new features/fixes on the '05. Plus the fact that I haven't heard of anyone that actually has (or has seen) a red 6MT with navi.

Thanks.
Tough crowd here sometimes. You sound like a sensible and mature guy and are waiting to buy the car when you can afford to pay for it instead of getting into enormous debt. I'm amazed when I hear about people buying cars that cost more than they make in a year.

The "waiting for all the fixes to be made issue" is a false one in my opinion. The only universal problem thus far may be the loss of memory in the seats. For someone who doesn't share the vehicle with someone else they may not have noticed the problem. It sounds like a fix will be made soon. I've had no other problems other than a loose bolt in the dash that was fixed expeditiouslsy.

We all have to remember that there's a silent group of very happy '04 TL owners out there. When people have problems they tend to vent in these sorts of forums.

You defintely will save money if you wait until the end of the model year.

My guess is there won't be any new features to the '05 model. Maybe some new colors, though.
Old 12-06-2003 | 11:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Heyy..you never know...I got my 03TLP in march.
Old 12-28-2003 | 05:26 PM
Racer

I'm with gregory28.

I put in an order for an '04 5AT but I'm thinking about cancelling it. I have an '01 CL-P now and I think a little extra wait isn't a bad thing.

I remember when the '99 TL was hot. Then the '00 came out and it had the 5 speed AT upgrade. Then the '02 got the nice looking foglites, 6disc CD and Type-S version.

Who knows about next year? Maybe the LED side mirrors will mysteriously reappear and bring auto-dimming side mirrors with it. Maybe RDS will make it into the radio. Maybe all the windows will be auto up/down. Maybe the fog lites will be yellow so that people don't keep flashing us. Maybe Acura will stop using the BS EL tires. There will definitely be a fix for the Memory seats by that time. Maybe there will be a new rim design that doesn't self destruct if you park too close to the curb.

If the '05 is the same, then I'll get an '04 with the model year clearance discounts.

Then again, maybe I'll keep my order for the '04 and not wait. Indecisive....who me?
Old 12-28-2003 | 05:34 PM
Team Owner

I wouldn't do it...

Why preorder now or even as soon as possible?

The TL isn't an incredibly rare car, so there's no years-long waiting list for it. The people here who put in a "deposit" on an unknown (i.e., no VIN available yet) car seem to just get stroked, while those who go in when they are ready to buy seem to get their cars in relatively short order. I remember one guy complaining that he put in a pre-order deposit on an '04 in July and still didn't have a VIN in November.

I understand the enthusiasm for the car, but putting in any kind of deposit before (a) you are ready to buy and (b) the dealer is ready to deliver doesn't seem to me to be of any advantage to you.

Mike
Old 12-30-2003 | 01:15 AM
Instructor

Re: pre order 05'?

Originally posted by saltyFISHscales
I dont get what you're saying... Do you think this is an Acura dealership? Are u trying to place an order for an 05'?

Yeah, and he calls himself "saltyFISHscales" and he doesn't get what was asked. Hmmm? I wonder why?

Dumba$$!