3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picking up a '07 Type S supercharged this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
I hope you have that refundable deposit agreement in writing. Anyways.. if it's power you're looking for, you don't need a half assed s/c type-s. With Rodney's turbo kit you can put down >400whp/400tq.. reliably. I'm glad you decided against the purchase.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:47 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey do you know what happen to the s_heng 62 type s? What happen and why he disappear.

are you the one that bought his car?

Sean is a good friend of mine and that car was cursed (for him) from the beginning. A tree fell on it, he was rear ended twice, a branch flew out of the back of a landscaping truck and smashed his front fog light, and he went thru 2 engines, that was all in a matter of a year. Thats just the short story lol. The car is an amazing car but remember that comptech s/c was not designed for a type s, it was designed for a base TL. Sean and his friend Chris modded that s/c to fit. Check his build thread and you can read about it. His bad luck with that car was the reason he got rid of it tho
i loved that car

this is from sean closest friend.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by justinfop
hey do you know what happen to the s_heng 62 type s? What happen and why he disappear.

Sean is a good friend of mine and that car was cursed (for him) from the beginning. A tree fell on it, he was rear ended twice, a branch flew out of the back of a landscaping truck and smashed his front fog light, and he went thru 2 engines, that was all in a matter of a year. Thats just the short story lol. The car is an amazing car but remember that comptech s/c was not designed for a type s, it was designed for a base TL. Sean and his friend Chris modded that s/c to fit. Check his build thread and you can read about it. His bad luck with that car was the reason he got rid of it tho
i loved that car

DAMN! Im glad I didn't buy it.... even though they offer me to "save me a lot of money" after I told them I wasn't buying it....

Anyways, the guy never called me back regarding the tuning info, so instead I gave him a call and they said they didn't need to tune it, they only replaced the.engine and it was good to go since the Supercharger was already there. I just laughed at him n told him "that's why it blew to begin with" .... they refunded my money though but also offered me to "save me money in other good cars they have"....
Old 06-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Glad you got your deposit back, Bigg....whew!
Old 06-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by bigg_86
DAMN! Im glad I didn't buy it.... even though they offer me to "save me a lot of money" after I told them I wasn't buying it....

Anyways, the guy never called me back regarding the tuning info, so instead I gave him a call and they said they didn't need to tune it, they only replaced the.engine and it was good to go since the Supercharger was already there. I just laughed at him n told him "that's why it blew to begin with" .... they refunded my money though but also offered me to "save me money in other good cars they have"....
That sounds like a good dealer. You can't expect them to be gearheads or know the ins & outs of every model, but the fact that they returned your money without a big fuss is solid in my book.

Originally Posted by justinfop

i loved that car

Honestly.. CTE S/C's should have never been fitted on any model TL without a proper tune. The tree and branches may have been bad luck.. but popping a rod through the block was just a matter of time.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:01 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by lucnex
I have been reading slowly and found this so far....

Sorry to let you all down, but you're not gonna get to many more pics or vids for a while, cuz the car is going into the body shop to get all the damage from the tree that fell on it repaired. Will post more pics and vids when I get it back. Hopefully I'll have some dyno runs shortly after I get it back.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2 motors got damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..Thought they would've got the picture after the first blown motor ...lol...Watch they take off the sc and sell it stock...i hate car dealers sometimes...2 of the last cars i purchased were in accidents not listed in carfax..assholes!

Last edited by STeelTL; 06-19-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
AZ came through big time. I would have been insanely pissed had I found out about all the problems this car had after purchasing it.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:02 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I was on Ebay searching for another TL and seen it posted for sale again. Now for $23k...lol. Definitely a great thread!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts
my buddy just wen to look at this car and i went with him. this car is the biggest joke ever lol and the dealership is shady as shit. its a bunch of arab guys that lie to your face. we test drove the car and it wouldnt go above 4k rpm and then it started smoking and felt like it was running off 50 hp. i told my friend to get on it and he was like "i am but its barely pulling". when we got back to the piece of shit lot we looked at the engine and stuff was unplugged and the engine top where it is suppose to say 3.5 type s was grinded off and it said nothing. so im guessing it wasnt even a type s engine if even a TL engine at all. also when we arrived at the dealer we pulled up and they were clearing codes off of the car which was shady. the back bumper was un even also. later after the test drive we told the dealer somethings wrong with the car and he promised us everything was perfect. later on we asked what has been done to the engine and then he hesitated and finally said i built the engine. we then laughed and got out of there as quick as possible haha. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR OR GO TO THIS DEALER. they lie straight to your face.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
never buy modded cars and do only certified purchases if you can. once i almost got scammed online for a celica deal that seemed too good to be true.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Originally Posted by 06tl4life
my buddy just wen to look at this car and i went with him. this car is the biggest joke ever lol and the dealership is shady as shit. its a bunch of arab guys that lie to your face. we test drove the car and it wouldnt go above 4k rpm and then it started smoking and felt like it was running off 50 hp. i told my friend to get on it and he was like "i am but its barely pulling". when we got back to the piece of shit lot we looked at the engine and stuff was unplugged and the engine top where it is suppose to say 3.5 type s was grinded off and it said nothing. so im guessing it wasnt even a type s engine if even a TL engine at all. also when we arrived at the dealer we pulled up and they were clearing codes off of the car which was shady. the back bumper was un even also. later after the test drive we told the dealer somethings wrong with the car and he promised us everything was perfect. later on we asked what has been done to the engine and then he hesitated and finally said i built the engine. we then laughed and got out of there as quick as possible haha. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR OR GO TO THIS DEALER. they lie straight to your face.
ROFL!

Hey man good looking out. I'm sure you probably just saved a future acuraziner a lot of trouble.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:40 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the power of the internet....haha acurazine.com is the shiznit.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
great thread lmaoooo
Old 08-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I guess it's in Colorado now with a new price.
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2494102263.html
THIS CAR HAS NO A/C COMPRESSOR BECAUSE IT HAD TO BE REMOVED IN ORDER TO INSTALL SUPERCHARGER.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty late checking the threads but thats sick man. Real nice come up.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by pickler
never buy modded cars and do only certified purchases if you can. once i almost got scammed online for a celica deal that seemed too good to be true.

100% agree with you buddy!!!!