Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok 04 g35 4 door vrs tl

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NightRider

I don't see the need to troll, my post is very objective. To add though as I said the G35 is the better performing car and should be, espcially with a 3.5L engine compared to a 3.2. I almost would have expected more from Nissan out of a 3.5...When buying a car, whichever one YOU think is the better car, IS. This is all that matters.

EDIT: For those of you posting in this thread with G35's, do any Acura TL owners come onto G35 forums to troll? If so I'm sorry from all of us, because I hate when G35 owners come over here to troll.
I'm a former TL-S (CAI, headers, exhaust, and sways) owner and still hang out on the TL/ CL forums. I'm still an Acura/Honda fan, and there is much to learn from any car forum out there. I now have a G35 Coupe 6spd. I still miss my TLS but also love the new G35 Coupe. Both the TL and G35 sedan are awesome cars with one better than the other in certain areas. It took me a little while to get used to the G35 interior, but it's not all that bad. There are cars out there that look and feel cheaper inside. I personally do not care for the shape and rear end of the G35 sedan, but there are others that love it. To each there own.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:14 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DopeTL04
Its not about agreeing or not, its more like the G35 owners are just haters and are jealous that the TL wasnt out when they got there UGLY LOOKING POS! THATS ALL
Actually, I just recently got my G-coupe. And in my OPINION, the TL can't touch the G-coupe in terms of looks.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:18 PM
8th Gear

Its not about agreeing or not, its more like the G35 owners are just haters and are jealous that the TL wasnt out when they got there UGLY LOOKING POS! THATS ALL
Hey Dope (nice name by the way),

You spelled "there" wrong -- I think you meant "their."

And what's with all the funny little green guys with one finger sticking up? Are you identifying your IQ as "1" or something?

Dope, why so hostile? All the caps are scaring us...

Q
Old 07-23-2004, 01:27 PM
SOLD

Originally Posted by EZZ
Actually, I just recently got my G-coupe. And in my OPINION, the TL can't touch the G-coupe in terms of looks.
I think down below Dope said the Coupe looked good. It does, just not the sedan. Whoops I forgot I was done...
Old 07-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

g35 looks gay. the head lights, the clock.......
Old 07-23-2004, 01:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
I will not single anyone out, but there are some very immature posts on this thread.

I'm likely one of very few people who have now owned both a G35 sedan and the new generation TL sedan. Both comparably equiped. And even though I now own the TL, I still don't think the G35 sedan is ugly at all. In fact, I think it is just as good looking as the TL.

Interior - yes, the TL is much nicer. But the interior of the G35 is not "cheap". It may not look as classy, but that does not make it cheap. My TL had more rattles in the interior the day I bought it than the G35 had in 26,000 miles. So which one actually is "cheaper"?

I understand people being passionate about what they own. But both cars are way too nice to be trashed the way some people do. We need to be thankful for both of them. The competition between the two has made them both better cars.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:16 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by quikac
Hey Dope (nice name by the way),

You spelled "there" wrong -- I think you meant "their."

And what's with all the funny little green guys with one finger sticking up? Are you identifying your IQ as "1" or something?

Dope, why so hostile? All the caps are scaring us...

Q
WTF??? Are the trolls breeding like rabbits in here? I think there are more "G" owners in here than TLs. Are you guys lost? Here, let me help...

http://g35driver.com/forums/

Are the G35 forums that boring and uninformative that you have to go elsewhere?

Both the G35 and TL are great cars, definitely better than what's out there. The G35 has slightly better overall performance ratings, but the TL has a more luxurious interior. In fact, I wanted a G35 when it came out, but I couldn't afford one at the time. When I could afford one, the TL was out and it appealed to me more. I bought the TL and I'm still happy with my decision.

Disclaimer: I'm not an English major, so please don't flame me if I mispelled a word.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:30 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Liquid _Courage
WTF??? Are the trolls breeding like rabbits in here? I think there are more "G" owners in here than TLs. Are you guys lost? Here, let me help...

http://g35driver.com/forums/

Are the G35 forums that boring and uninformative that you have to go elsewhere?

Both the G35 and TL are great cars, definitely better than what's out there. The G35 has slightly better overall performance ratings, but the TL has a more luxurious interior. In fact, I wanted a G35 when it came out, but I couldn't afford one at the time. When I could afford one, the TL was out and it appealed to me more. I bought the TL and I'm still happy with my decision.

Disclaimer: I'm not an English major, so please don't flame me if I mispelled a word.
Looking to purchase one in the future. Would have to be auto for the lady so I'm gonna wait to see if trannies start crapping out
Old 07-23-2004, 02:33 PM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, just to contribute to this discussion I will tell you that I considered the IS300, G35, and TL for my car purchase this year. I chose the TL. If the IS300 had more horsepower (like 300) I would have picked it. The G35 has ugly interior (as most nissans).
The TL is a knockoout in the looks and technology department. I have been stopped by people driving everything asking me what i'm driving and how I like it. My TL is anthricite metallic with factory kit, chromed factory wheels, and lip spoiler.
I'm sure Marion Jones runs faster than Halle Berry, but who do you want as your prom date ?
Old 07-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TL_6SPD
The G35 Sedan has the same amount of roadnoise the TL does. The COUPE is noisier. So again another false statement. Wow your stereo ISN'T that much better than the premium upgrade on the G35 sedan. I have heard both many times and coming from a car that had a 2000 watt stereo system in it, wtih all the whistles, the G35 has better CLARITY, while the TL is missing its mids. The TL SOUNDS worse on CDs and radio, but sounds fine on the rest.

More power on instant shfiting? What are you talking about? You are the one talking trash. We are all trying to correct you with your false statments that are not true.

And truthfully, I already beat a TL 6MT, and it wasn't funny how bad. You can even call the guy if you want since he is my friend.

Please grow up and stop resorting to calling people names. You lost, you have no proof. EOD.

I lost......ok buddy.....lol...you are such a sour sour loser...still

more power on shifting was my description to show that even with all those comforts, I still have power to play with....definition of (entry) lux-sport.

Yes, your sound system...bose....I am sure its great. :o

You have beaten a 6mt, WOWZER!!!!! get any additional props? no, guess why, YOU SHOULD WIN.....by at least a car length with all things equal. DOES THAT MAKE YOU A WINNER? Does that make you owning a better car? NO. Hope that makes you feel more like a man... I guess if you had a TL, you would race civics.

"grow up and stop resorting to calling people names". This goes for you too.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Racer

GUYS,

G35 or TL, both great cars. However this is TL forum. If you have G35 yet you come it here and expect unbiased information, you are wrong, some will be unbiased, and most will be gung ho for TL.

Go some where else if you want that kind of treatment. I will offend and insult anyone that comes here to talk some bull crap to make their purchase justified. :fingerfawk:
Old 07-23-2004, 03:12 PM
Powered by Guinness

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, it's just like watching monkeys in the zoo throw crap at each other!

Old 07-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by Aegir

You have just insulted monkeys everywhere...
Old 07-23-2004, 03:36 PM
2004 Acura TL SSM 6MT

UGH... why do I keep reading?
Old 07-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PoochaKannInc
You have just insulted monkeys everywhere...

LMFAO. Thanks!
Old 07-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Instructor

Why Would You Guys Race 4doors Sedans. Get A Sports Car
Old 07-23-2004, 03:51 PM

The Mustang vs Camero owners must be lol.....
Old 07-23-2004, 03:53 PM
SOLD

Originally Posted by TireSmoke
UGH... why do I keep reading?
It's like a horrible accident or something that is so grotesque (in this case dumb) that you have to keep looking at it...
Old 07-23-2004, 04:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by geminis2
Why Would You Guys Race 4doors Sedans. Get A Sports Car
Serious car guys will race ANYTHING. I could tell you some really wierd stuff that a friend of mine and I have raced over the years. If I was in a wheel chair I'd be out by the side of the road stalking minivans. It's what we do.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Instructor

The problem is not with G35 owners trolling the TL forums. The problem is misinformed TL owners slagging the G35. A few G35 owners here have tried to prove their points using the facts. Most of the replies from TL owners are filled with opinion, insults and inuendo. Over on the G35 boards there are TL trolls but really the only thing you guys can argue on is the TL's nicer interior which really in the end is only opinion and not fact. so really the TL players stay away as they know their place in the car food chain. Are we going to change the opinion of a TL owner? No probably not. but what we can do is inform them of the facts so they don't keep spewing misinformation on a fine car.

These types of threads are what keeps message boards interesting. Who wants to come to a board where everyone thinks like a Borg. Someone posts " the TL Rocks" then you get 20 replies saying it "Yes it does rock" How interesting is that. Difference of opinion is the spice of message boards.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:22 PM
Powered by Guinness

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shodog
The problem is not with G35 owners trolling the TL forums. The problem is misinformed TL owners slagging the G35. A few G35 owners here have tried to prove their points using the facts. Most of the replies from TL owners are filled with opinion, insults and inuendo. Over on the G35 boards there are TL trolls but really the only thing you guys can argue on is the TL's nicer interior which really in the end is only opinion and not fact. so really the TL players stay away as they know their place in the car food chain. Are we going to change the opinion of a TL owner? No probably not. but what we can do is inform them of the facts so they don't keep spewing misinformation on a fine car.

These types of threads are what keeps message boards interesting. Who wants to come to a board where everyone thinks like a Borg. Someone posts " the TL Rocks" then you get 20 replies saying it "Yes it does rock" How interesting is that. Difference of opinion is the spice of message boards.
Actually, the G35 trolls descended on this thread within the first 10 responses, before anything negative had been said about the G - kinda like flies on crap.

I'm not sure why they felt so compelled to respond to an embellished racing tale writen in Title Case.

As for facts, does bench racing with someone else's second-hand dynos and selectively chosen car mag numbers count as a credible response to a street racing thread? This is pathetic. Seriously, if you're going to troll on A-TL at least respond with a fun lie like "Oh yeah, well I kicked a TL's ass last night. We raced up to 150 mph and suddenly he dropped out and pulled over. I think his tranny blew! "

Isn't that more interesting than:
"My car is not ugly. :'( "
and "The interior may look like crap, but that doesn't mean it is cheap! "
or the eventual "Oh yeah! Well your car is FWD so it can't be fast! "

I'd really like to see the trolls improve their skills, otherwise we will have to oursource your role to India or Malaysia. At least then we could be entertained by the challenge of figuring out what was posted.

Spicy enough?
Old 07-23-2004, 05:45 PM
Banned

Built like a KIA!! LOL!! too funny... OH wait your also the one that said RWD is better in the snow! FOrgot, your the one that doesnt know what your talking about.... forget it
I never said it is better, I said it can be made BETTER WITH THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT. See your twisting my words. lol BTW, AWD G35X owns FWD.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Banned

TL was out when I decided and many others too. I just didn't like the way it drove and was too afraid of the tranny too. I had a CL-S, and that tranny deal scared the shit out of me enough to make me strongly look at the g35 more.

At least I don't drive a Accord.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Banned

Really? I see alot of negative remarks towards the G35 within the first 10 posts. Before the G35 guys arrived.

Actually, the G35 trolls descended on this thread within the first 10 responses, before anything negative had been said about the G - kinda like flies on crap.

I'm not sure why they felt so compelled to respond to an embellished racing tale writen in Title Case.

As for facts, does bench racing with someone else's second-hand dynos and selectively chosen car mag numbers count as a credible response to a street racing thread? This is pathetic. Seriously, if you're going to troll on A-TL at least respond with a fun lie like "Oh yeah, well I kicked a TL's ass last night. We raced up to 150 mph and suddenly he dropped out and pulled over. I think his tranny blew! "

Isn't that more interesting than:
"My car is not ugly. :'( "
and "The interior may look like crap, but that doesn't mean it is cheap! "
or the eventual "Oh yeah! Well your car is FWD so it can't be fast! "

I'd really like to see the trolls improve their skills, otherwise we will have to oursource your role to India or Malaysia. At least then we could be entertained by the challenge of figuring out what was posted.

Spicy enough?
Old 07-23-2004, 06:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TL_6SPD
I never said it is better, I said it can be made BETTER WITH THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT. See your twisting my words. lol BTW, AWD G35X owns FWD.
No Shit?! AWD owns RWD too. :captobvious:
Old 07-23-2004, 06:04 PM