3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok 04 g35 4 door vrs tl

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 10:45 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOTH : G35 and TL is nice ass cars. Advantages of both cars are far superior than its disadvantages. Seems to me that one is fire and other is ice, one is performance and other is look and feel. I think its pointless to argue which is better.

G35 is better looking than many, many, many cars on the road. Acura just seems a little better to my eyes.

TL is better handling than most cars I drove, going off the cliff is a little extreme. Daily performance need is different to everyday life. look and feel is more constant.

To really compare these cars are like apples and oranges. DIfferent people will rank them according to what is more important.

I choose better looking, better interior, FWD with good enough handling to speed through NJ jughandles with confidence......and comfortable winter drives.

my 2 cents
Old 07-23-2004, 11:10 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DARK6mt
BOTH : G35 and TL is nice ass cars. Advantages of both cars are far superior than its disadvantages. Seems to me that one is fire and other is ice, one is performance and other is look and feel. I think its pointless to argue which is better.

G35 is better looking than many, many, many cars on the road. Acura just seems a little better to my eyes.

TL is better handling than most cars I drove, going off the cliff is a little extreme. Daily performance need is different to everyday life. look and feel is more constant.

To really compare these cars are like apples and oranges. DIfferent people will rank them according to what is more important.

I choose better looking, better interior, FWD with good enough handling to speed through NJ jughandles with confidence......and comfortable winter drives.

my 2 cents
Good observation.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Racer

my 2 cents

Well put But the G's butt ugly appearance is a "turn off"
Old 07-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Instructor

It's funny how you TL guys get so defensive and slag off the G35. Once again the G35 beat the TL in a comparison test http://motortrend.com/roadtests/seda...ans/index.html It must be really disheartening to read how inferior the TL is to other cars out there.

Boltjames, The G35 was first designed as a sedan. Once it was a commercial success the Coupe was put into production. Not the other way around.

The g35 beats the TL in so many ways it's pathetic.

It has better acceleration-.1 equals 6.8 feet ahead at 60

better skid pad (.87) even with it's skinny ass 215 tires- this is because the chassis has better balance. With wider tires the G35 would absolutley trounce the .80 skid pad of the TL.

better turning radius-36' compared to the 39.7 of the TL means you don't have to make three point turns everytime you make a u turn

no torque steer-Means you actually can go down the road in a straight line and you don't have to fight the car coming out of a corner on the throttle.

better brakes- this is the difference between rear ending the fool in front of you. 17 more feet from 60 and 42 more feet from a hundred tells me that the brakes in the TL are inferior.

But hey at least you have that killer stereo and nicer interior to sit in while you wait for the tow truck after you stuff your car in a ditch from the lousy handeling or rear ended the car in front of you from the poor brakes.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DopeTL04
Best looking car, and the performance is JUST FINE.....the G might perform better because its RWD, but at least I wont be stuck in the snow, with a car that looks like aSS!! :sqntfawk:
Properly setup RWD will easily be better than a FWD in snow. Wonder why alot of BMWs are driven in GERMANY where they haev alot of blizzards? lol they are RWD.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:34 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shodog
It's funny how you TL guys get so defensive and slag off the G35. Once again the G35 beat the TL in a comparison test http://motortrend.com/roadtests/seda...ans/index.html It must be really disheartening to read how inferior the TL is to other cars out there.

Boltjames, The G35 was first designed as a sedan. Once it was a commercial success the Coupe was put into production. Not the other way around.

better skid pad (.87) even with it's skinny ass 215 tires- this is because the chassis has better balance. With wider tires the G35 would absolutley trounce the .80 skid pad of the TL.

better turning radius-36' compared to the 39.7 of the TL means you don't have to make three point turns everytime you make a u turn

no torque steer-Means you actually can go down the road in a straight line and you don't have to fight the car coming out of a corner on the throttle.

better brakes- this is the difference between rear ending the fool in front of you. 17 more feet from 60 and 42 more feet from a hundred tells me that the brakes in the TL are inferior.

But hey at least you have that killer stereo and nicer interior to sit in while you wait for the tow truck after you stuff your car in a ditch from the lousy handeling or rear ended the car in front of you from the poor brakes.
0.1 is negligable on the street...all driver reaction. Even though the G is undertired, the TL has crappy ELs which don't help either. Also, most people won't utilize the RWD nature of the G35 because they live in a place without corners or mountain passes. FWD is more useful for an everyday car in places that snow heavily. Also, the G35 doesn't have bluetooth so when the G35 driver picks up the phone, he'll run into a big fat SUV because the person was too busy picking up the phone! :P

Also, the brakes on the G need to be replaced every 15k and so do the rotors.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NightRider
It has been proven that G35 (auto at least) is .1 sec faster to 60 and I believe about the same 1/4. .1 second faster 0-60 is maybe 2 or 3 feet with the same driver in both cars. I have driven both and must say although I love my TL, the G35 handles better and is overall funner to drive because I love RWD drive. Yes the G35 has beaten our TL in most DRIVING comparisons, but then again the TL has beaten the G35 in almost all other comparisons like OVERALL car (amenities, technology, styling, etc). To me, the slight performance advantage of the G35 is not worth getting a lesser overall car (notably the interior). Seeing that the G35 is slightly smaller, lighter, RWD, and more torque, it would be a DAMN SHAME if it didn't perform better! I chose the TL because I felt it was more luxurious than the G35, and that is what matters to me. If I wanted to drive around the city streets like I was in autocross, I would have gotten the G35.

Side note: Unless Nissan has changed things in Japan, the G35 is NOT a Skyline...
LOL go read what the 2002-2004 skyline is. It is the G35. Obviously you don't know what your talking about again.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Racer

Those miniscule, tiny, worthless little comparison is what makes the TL a better overall car! Those comparisons are very minor! .1 seconds!!! LOL come on now!! The categorys the TL beats the G35 are soooooo much more far scaled. For example the interior is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better, the exterior styling is wayyyyyyyyyy better, Luxury is farrrrrrrrrrrrrr bettter.... I mean, no one stares at a G35 with a on there face....but when people see my TL, they are always staring or pointing.......even had people come up to me to say, DAMN THATS A NICE CAR............on the other hand ,when I see a G, its more like :o BIG FREAKIN DEAL! so for the same price, the TL has wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more to offer, and therefore it is a better car!!
Old 07-23-2004, 11:40 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TL_6SPD
Properly setup RWD will easily be better than a FWD in snow. Wonder why alot of BMWs are driven in GERMANY where they haev alot of blizzards? lol they are RWD.

wont even respond to this, thats just straight out "not knowing what your talking about"
Old 07-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by EZZ
0.1 is negligable on the street...all driver reaction. Even though the G is undertired, the TL has crappy ELs which don't help either. Also, most people won't utilize the RWD nature of the G35 because they live in a place without corners or mountain passes. FWD is more useful for an everyday car in places that snow heavily. Also, the G35 doesn't have bluetooth so when the G35 driver picks up the phone, he'll run into a big fat SUV because the person was too busy picking up the phone! :P

Also, the brakes on the G need to be replaced every 15k and so do the rotors.
Bluetooth is a dieing breed. In the technology field, it won't last long. I rather have my headset on than talk on a speaker phone. And personally the G35 has better brakes to prevent you from slamming into someone unlike the TL. RWD is better overall for the whole daily driving experience. Since I liev in Texas, it never snows here in the south. But it rains alot, and so far the RWD has been better in the rain than any of my FWD cars I have ever owned. Truthfully this is my 2nd RWD car and all the rest were FWD.

Brakes on the G do not need to be replaced every 15k. Usually about 20-30k. Depending how hard you drive. It has performance pads, that give it the braking distance it does. A given is that the pads dust alot and they wear out quicker. I rather have that, than slamming into someone.
SOLD

It has been proven that G35 (auto at least) is .1 sec faster to 60 and I believe about the same 1/4. .1 second faster 0-60 is maybe 2 or 3 feet with the same driver in both cars. I have driven both and must say although I love my TL, the G35 handles better and is overall funner to drive because I love RWD drive. Yes the G35 has beaten our TL in most DRIVING comparisons, but then again the TL has beaten the G35 in almost all other comparisons like OVERALL car (amenities, technology, styling, etc). To me, the slight performance advantage of the G35 is not worth getting a lesser overall car (notably the interior). Seeing that the G35 is slightly smaller, lighter, RWD, and more torque, it would be a DAMN SHAME if it didn't perform better! I chose the TL because I felt it was more luxurious than the G35, and that is what matters to me. If I wanted to drive around the city streets like I was in autocross, I would have gotten the G35.

Side note: Unless Nissan has changed things in Japan, the G35 is NOT a Skyline...

I don't see the need to troll, my post is very objective. To add though as I said the G35 is the better performing car and should be, espcially with a 3.5L engine compared to a 3.2. I almost would have expected more from Nissan out of a 3.5...When buying a car, whichever one YOU think is the better car, IS. This is all that matters.

EDIT: For those of you posting in this thread with G35's, do any Acura TL owners come onto G35 forums to troll? If so I'm sorry from all of us, because I hate when G35 owners come over here to troll.
Racer

Dumbest things I have heard in this board so far. I just wonder how G35 "beat" TL?
Old 07-23-2004, 11:45 AM
Banned

Those miniscule, tiny, worthless little comparison is what makes the TL a better overall car! Those comparisons are very minor! .1 seconds!!! LOL come on now!! The categorys the TL beats the G35 are soooooo much more far scaled. For example the interior is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better, the exterior styling is wayyyyyyyyyy better, Luxury is farrrrrrrrrrrrrr bettter.... I mean, no one stares at a G35 with a on there face....but when people see my TL, they are always staring or pointing.......even had people come up to me to say, DAMN THATS A NICE CAR............on the other hand ,when I see a G, its more like :o BIG FREAKIN DEAL! so for the same price, the TL has wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more to offer, and therefore it is a better car!!

Ummmm in your opinion its way better, but its not that much better. The quality of the interior is better, but the way its put together is 100x worse than the G35. Shall we go look at the BIG list of interior PROBLEMS the TL is having? lol

Exterior is also subjective. Alot of people like the G35 styling, including me. It doesn't look like every other Accord or Acura on the road. It has its own UNIQUE styling. I get stares at all the time, and people seem to egg me on for a race too alot. My friend which has a 04 TL says he likes my car beter now after owning his for 3 months. Go figure.

Not way more to offer. Another dumb statement.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Banned

wont even respond to this, thats just straight out "not knowing what your talking about"
Because you have no answer.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Banned

Dumbest things I have heard in this board so far. I just wonder how G35 "beat" TL?
Excuse me? He proved everything with FACTS. All you have said is a bunch of mumbo jumbo with no facts.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:49 AM
Instructor

Excuse me? He proved everything with FACTS. All you have said is a bunch of mumbo jumbo with no facts.
If you can't beat them with fact then throw out a bunch of insults
Old 07-23-2004, 11:50 AM
Instructor

did you actually read my post or did you just dismiss it with a flipant reply?
Old 07-23-2004, 11:52 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Brakes on the G do not need to be replaced every 15k. Usually about 20-30k. Depending how hard you drive. It has performance pads, that give it the braking distance it does. A given is that the pads dust alot and they wear out quicker. I rather have that, than slamming into someone.
EXCUSE. That is all it is. My friend's IS300 has the same stopping ability as the G and he abuses the crap out of that car yet his pads still have over 50% life at 30k. Its bull$hit that the G needs to be replaced so early. Its called design flaw.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by EZZ
EXCUSE. That is all it is. My friend's IS300 has the same stopping ability as the G and he abuses the crap out of that car yet his pads still have over 50% life at 30k. Its bull$hit that the G needs to be replaced so early. Its called design flaw.
You obviously know nothing about performance pads. Maybe you need to go learn some from a track event. Pads can wear out as fast as 1 day on the track. But they give you that extra stopping distance you need.

The IS300 has a better tire and wheel combo which help its braking distance alot as well. The IS300 is a little lighter as well.

So this is no excuse, JUST FACTS that you are so blinded to see.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Racer

Ummmm in your opinion its way better, but its not that much better. The quality of the interior is better, but the way its put together is 100x worse than the G35. Shall we go look at the BIG list of interior PROBLEMS the TL is having? lol

Exterior is also subjective. Alot of people like the G35 styling, including me. It doesn't look like every other Accord or Acura on the road. It has its own UNIQUE styling. I get stares at all the time, and people seem to egg me on for a race too alot. My friend which has a 04 TL says he likes my car beter now after owning his for 3 months. Go figure.

Not way more to offer. Another dumb statement.

Stares?? haha...only reason they staring at you is cuz your driving a POS looking car!! Making fun of the "unique" look of your car thats about it! You sure got Unique right!! Looks more like a UFO..."Unidentified FuckingUgly Object"
Old 07-23-2004, 11:59 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by EZZ

you sure about that? The back pad in the front caliper is the one you can't see really well and is also the one that wears out first.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:00 PM
SOLD

Why all the BS? Magazines like MT, C&D, etc rank the G35 over the TL because they are ranking on performance and almost solely perofrmance. That is why it is sometimes in the "10 best" list and such. So G35 won here, woohoo. These magazines have a bias against front wheel drive anyway and are endorsed to promote certain cars. This is why in a most recent motor trend comparison of 6 cyl cars, the Chrysler 300 (non hemi) won! Notice how the best 6cyl cars (BMW, G35, TL) were not included, wonder how much chrysler paid for this? Read unbiased magazines like Consumer reports and websites like Edmonds, Cars.com, and others that rank the overall car, not justperformance. TL wins here. G35 exhaust sounds like a poorly tuned Mustang, TL exhaust sound like a refined luxury car. G35 is a better sport car, Tl is a better luxury car. Once, again, it's all what matters to the buyer. I wish people would quit, both are good cars.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Racer

Let me tell you something TL_6SPD, if I wanted a "Performance Oriented" vehicle, I would not buy TL nor G35, I would get S2000.

TL is for everyday driving with comfort and ease. Less road noise and superior sound system without even lifting a finger to take a call. This car was made to serve its owner, and it does swiftly.

my 6mt gives me a little more to boot. More power on instant shifting makes me forget that I have a 4 door sedan.

You have sacrificed all that for a car that looks inferior to the coupe, performance that you can't use everyday, but gives you this ego to talk trash to other car owners about performance, skid pads, braking distance, etc etc....which is all useless to me....it doesn't really make me a superior human being to have those....nice to have them.....but my everyday driving doesn't cosist of such. But remember this.........ONE DAY......i will come across a G35....it might even be you.......and one day I might want to race this sorry excuse for a sports car....and that driver will undoubtly think he is faster....and that challenge my friend is what makes it more feasible.....I don't race people that I know I will win, thats pussy style....I race those that think they are faster and I try to prove them wrong.....thats the fun part of it. When YOU beat a TL....what reward is holding for you? would you be that much proud that you beat a car with more weight and less torque? yeah, you prob will.....because that is what you are doing with all this FACTS.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:02 PM
Banned

Stares?? haha...only reason they staring at you is cuz your driving a POS looking car!! Making fun of the "unique" look of your car thats about it! You sure got Unique right!! Looks more like a UFO..."Unidentified FuckingUgly Object"
Your so immature.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:02 PM
Racer

I wish people would quit, both are good cars.

Yea both are good cars, but one is ugly!!!!!! (G35 - of course) Who da f$#k likes ugly!! I mean if you like something that looks like :shit: , than I guess thats ur problem... go for it!
Old 07-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Racer

did you actually read my post or did you just dismiss it with a flipant reply?
Your performance camparo isn't what I was commenting on. I care less. IF these two cars are racing cars, I will agree and throw the white towel....but a car is not ALL on Performance at the track. Its daily drive.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:05 PM
Racer

Your so immature.
No, acutally I'm pretty mature. My mature decision making is what got me to make this excellent choice in picking a car!
Old 07-23-2004, 12:06 PM
Instructor

Yea both are good cars, but one is ugly!!!!!! Who da f$#k likes ugly!! I mean if you like something that looks like :shit: , than I guess thats ur problem... go for it!

Now your calling your own TL ugly? I don't get you guys
Old 07-23-2004, 12:08 PM
Banned

The G35 Sedan has the same amount of roadnoise the TL does. The COUPE is noisier. So again another false statement. Wow your stereo ISN'T that much better than the premium upgrade on the G35 sedan. I have heard both many times and coming from a car that had a 2000 watt stereo system in it, wtih all the whistles, the G35 has better CLARITY, while the TL is missing its mids. The TL SOUNDS worse on CDs and radio, but sounds fine on the rest.

More power on instant shfiting? What are you talking about? You are the one talking trash. We are all trying to correct you with your false statments that are not true.

And truthfully, I already beat a TL 6MT, and it wasn't funny how bad. You can even call the guy if you want since he is my friend.

Please grow up and stop resorting to calling people names. You lost, you have no proof. EOD.

Let me tell you something TL_6SPD, if I wanted a "Performance Oriented" vehicle, I would not buy TL nor G35, I would get S2000.

TL is for everyday driving with comfort and ease. Less road noise and superior sound system without even lifting a finger to take a call. This car was made to serve its owner, and it does swiftly.

my 6mt gives me a little more to boot. More power on instant shifting makes me forget that I have a 4 door sedan.

You have sacrificed all that for a car that looks inferior to the coupe, performance that you can't use everyday, but gives you this ego to talk trash to other car owners about performance, skid pads, braking distance, etc etc....which is all useless to me....it doesn't really make me a superior human being to have those....nice to have them.....but my everyday driving doesn't cosist of such. But remember this.........ONE DAY......i will come across a G35....it might even be you.......and one day I might want to race this sorry excuse for a sports car....and that driver will undoubtly think he is faster....and that challenge my friend is what makes it more feasible.....I don't race people that I know I will win, thats pussy style....I race those that think they are faster and I try to prove them wrong.....thats the fun part of it. When YOU beat a TL....what reward is holding for you? would you be that much proud that you beat a car with more weight and less torque? yeah, you prob will.....because that is what you are doing with all this FACTS.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:09 PM
Instructor

Your performance camparo isn't what I was commenting on. I care less. IF these two cars are racing cars, I will agree and throw the white towel....but a car is not ALL on Performance at the track. Its daily drive.

Hello having better brakes and better turning radius and a more balanced car in a panic situation are all real world driving situations. I am not sure which planet you are driving on in which those don't come into play
Old 07-23-2004, 12:10 PM
Racer

You lost, you have no proof. EOD.

No acutally you lost!! Your the one with the ugly G35!
Old 07-23-2004, 12:17 PM
SOLD

Now your calling your own TL ugly? I don't get you guys
No, since I was giving objective opinion about both cars, Dope thought that for some reason I like the looks of the G35. I have a TL, no further statements your honor.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Banned

No acutally you lost!! Your the one with the ugly G35!
And your the one with a car that is built worse than a KIA. EOD, enjoy your POS.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Racer

No, since I was giving objective opinion about both cars, Dope thought that for some reason I like the looks of the G35. I have a TL, no further statements your honor.

No further statements needed. YOu own a TL
Old 07-23-2004, 12:21 PM
Racer

And your the one with a car that is built worse than a KIA. EOD, enjoy your POS.

Built like a KIA!! LOL!! too funny... OH wait your also the one that said RWD is better in the snow! FOrgot, your the one that doesnt know what your talking about.... forget it
Old 07-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

wow this thread is getting quite out of hand.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:22 PM
2004 Acura TL SSM 6MT

I can't believe I read this entire thread... someone owes me about 10 minutes of my life back!
Old 07-23-2004, 12:29 PM
SOLD

Originally Posted by TireSmoke
I can't believe I read this entire thread... someone owes me about 10 minutes of my life back!
It is just interesting because it's humorous to see people get so pissed off about this stuff. No one can agree with everyone!

Side note: TL does not have interior issues, people (including me) are just picky bastards! Although, I would rather have an interior issue like a fixable minor rattle than an interior issue like being ugly.

EDIT: I have stated several posts with unbiased opinions on both vehicles, although probably no one has even seen them as they are only looking for things to argue about. Sorry trolls, less fuel for the fire. I am done here.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:30 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Haha. Most G35 vs. TL threads turn out this way in the long run. Its cause both cars are in reality very equal to each other so comparing them becomes a debate. You don't see too many "well my m3 is better than a TL" thread because EVERYONE here would probably pick the M3 over the TL if they had a free choice of car.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Racer

It is just interesting because it's humorous to see people get so pissed off about this stuff. No one can agree with everyone!

Side note: TL does not have interior issues, people (including me) are just picky bastards! Although, I would rather have an interior issue like a fixable minor rattle than an interior issue like being ugly.

Its not about agreeing or not, its more like the G35 owners are just haters and are jealous that the TL wasnt out when they got there UGLY LOOKING POS! THATS ALL

Quick Reply: ok 04 g35 4 door vrs tl