Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok 04 g35 4 door vrs tl

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 01:58 PM
TEAM WDP MANAGER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok 04 g35 4 door vrs tl

Ok So Im Driving Down Francis Lewis Blvd And I Notice Following Me Up Close Is A G35.... So He Pulls Up Next To Me And Takes Off So I Keep Crusing ..... Then He Slows Down And Waits For Me And This Point Im Like Ok Now We Gota Go ...(note. I Have 4 Ppl In The Car With Me, He Has Him And A Driver) We Are Going About 30 And We Both Floor It At The Same Time ... I Pulled On Him Once The V Tech Opened By About A Car And Then He Started Catching Up Lil By Lil But At About 4th Gear I Was Ahead By About 1 Car Lenth And He Wasnt Gaining Anymore.... For Those Of You Who Live In Ny U Know Francis Lewis Blvd The Straight Away All The Way At The End Thats Where I Raced It. I Was Thinking If It Was Only Me And Him In The Car I Would Have Won By More Maybe...?
Old 07-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by pearltl
Ok So Im Driving Down Francis Lewis Blvd And I Notice Following Me Up Close Is A G35.... So He Pulls Up Next To Me And Takes Off So I Keep Crusing ..... Then He Slows Down And Waits For Me And This Point Im Like Ok Now We Gota Go ...(note. I Have 4 Ppl In The Car With Me, He Has Him And A Driver) We Are Going About 30 And We Both Floor It At The Same Time ... I Pulled On Him Once The V Tech Opened By About A Car And Then He Started Catching Up Lil By Lil But At About 4th Gear I Was Ahead By About 1 Car Lenth And He Wasnt Gaining Anymore.... For Those Of You Who Live In Ny U Know Francis Lewis Blvd The Straight Away All The Way At The End Thats Where I Raced It. I Was Thinking If It Was Only Me And Him In The Car I Would Have Won By More Maybe...?
????????? He has "him and a driver". That made me laugh out loud!

Anyway, I don't know who would win, but I have had a G35 sedan, and now a TL. both with automatics. From some speeds the TL feel about as quick, but frankly, I really think the G35 is faster in most circumstances. It has significantly more low and mid range torque. They are close enough that speed would not be a deciding factor on which to buy.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:52 PM
TEAM WDP MANAGER

haha sorry for theat mistake lol....... well he couldnt pass me and it was a straight away no tunrs or nothing
Old 07-22-2004, 04:58 PM
Racer

haha sorry for theat mistake lol....... well he couldnt pass me and it was a straight away no tunrs or nothing
its probably becasue the tl it rated at 270 vs 260 of the g35. the cars should be about dead even in a drag race with the win going to whoever has a more experienced driver.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nick04tl
its probably becasue the tl it rated at 270 vs 260 of the g35. the cars should be about dead even in a drag race with the win going to whoever has a more experienced driver.
you just have absolutely no idea what you are talking about now do you?
Old 07-22-2004, 05:22 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by natismati
you just have absolutely no idea what you are talking about now do you?
no i dont i have absolutely no idea. i just used to work for infiniti and now i work at acura. i drove g35s all day long and now i drive tls everyday. your right i have no experience or knowledge on this subject. :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk:
Old 07-22-2004, 05:31 PM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

Okay Thanks For Your Info But Why Do You Type Like This Isn't It Hard?
Old 07-22-2004, 05:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by zeezz
Okay Thanks For Your Info But Why Do You Type Like This Isn't It Hard?
i didnt even notice that until you said something. lol.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Banned

ummm, sure you pulled with 4 people in your car and your car is heavier to start with and dynos less hp. lol

Make sure he is actually driving first.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Cruisin'

haha me neither. Yea man I live about a mile away from franny lew blvd. i go to powerhouse gym actually lol. anyway congrats on the victory. my friend's gettin an 05 g35 coupe and i'm gettin an 05 TL. he's probably gonna destroy me but it's okay we got the interiors.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nick04tl
no i dont i have absolutely no idea. i just used to work for infiniti and now i work at acura. i drove g35s all day long and now i drive tls everyday. your right i have no experience or knowledge on this subject. :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk:
Again you have no clue what your talking about.

The G35 dynos stock 230s hp, 230s tq. STOCK. That equals almost 280 at the fly.

The G35 Sedan is underated from the factory.

So far everything you have posted has been wrong.

And please don't come cry to me in your PMs again like you did before.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:37 PM
TEAM WDP MANAGER

LOL UR 50 YRS OLD U PROB HAVENT GONE OVER 20 MPH WHAT R U SAYING LMAO :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk:
Old 07-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Banned

LOL UR 50 YRS OLD U PROB HAVENT GONE OVER 20 MPH WHAT R U SAYING LMAO :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk: :sqntfawk:
Umm actually I have hit 145 many times in my g35, and it still had plenty to go.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

There needs to be an Icon that the moderators can put next to the thead title for "Best Thread of the Day". This has to be it. (Car and Driver has a "Best Letter to the Editor" each month).
Old 07-22-2004, 10:53 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

The G35 Coupe is a worth competitor of the TL (despite it's shoddy interior and butt-ugly Shojin Temple tail lamps) but the G35 Sedan is a piece of junk.

BJ
Old 07-23-2004, 12:31 AM
Semper Fi

Originally Posted by TL_6SPD
Umm actually I have hit 145 many times in my g35, and it still had plenty to go.
(hopefully you were on a track and not on a public road while going 145.)
Old 07-23-2004, 07:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by boltjames
The G35 Coupe is a worth competitor of the TL (despite it's shoddy interior and butt-ugly Shojin Temple tail lamps) but the G35 Sedan is a piece of junk.

BJ
Umm excuse me? The Sedan is just the same little boy. Just 4 doors. Now your calling the car names because it beat the TL again? lol. I gave the TL props, but all you guys do is negative comments towards the G35.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ali_enterprises
(hopefully you were on a track and not on a public road while going 145.)
When you live in texas, roads are so open here you can easily hit 145. and I don't need a open road to hit 145. I hit it so fast, I slow down again.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:29 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

Umm excuse me? The Sedan is just the same little boy. Just 4 doors. Now your calling the car names because it beat the TL again? lol. I gave the TL props, but all you guys do is negative comments towards the G35.
No way. No fuc*ing way.

The G35 was designed as a coupe. Two doors, luxo'd version of the Z. Very handsome.

The TL was designed as a sedan. Four doors, luxo'd version of the Accord. Very handsome.

The G35 Sedan? That's a frankencar. Add a few inches, add a couple of doors, ruin the balance, throw off the symmetry. It's a mess.

Its one thing to design a four-door sedan, take off the doors, lower it, make it sleeker, and call it a coupe. Its another thing entirely to design a two-door sports coupe and puff it up into a family truckster. Its frankencar.

BJ
Old 07-23-2004, 07:31 AM
Racer

sigh, you are the troll here, all you DO is bring negative comments about TL

:o
Old 07-23-2004, 07:32 AM
Racer

No way. No fuc*ing way.

The G35 was designed as a coupe. Two doors, luxo'd version of the Z. Very handsome.

The TL was designed as a sedan. Four doors, luxo'd version of the Accord. Very handsome.

The G35 Sedan? That's a frankencar. Add a few inches, add a couple of doors, ruin the balance, throw off the symmetry. It's a mess.

Its one thing to design a four-door sedan, take off the doors, lower it, make it sleeker, and call it a coupe. Its another thing entirely to design a two-door sports coupe and puff it up into a family truckster. Its frankencar.

BJ
ROFLMAO

don't mess with bolt
Old 07-23-2004, 07:34 AM
Banned

The G35 is the skyline. It was built with 4 doors and 2 doors.

The G35 must be handsom since it seems it wins lots of reviews.

No way. No fuc*ing way.

BJ
Old 07-23-2004, 07:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DARK6mt
sigh, you are the troll here, all you DO is bring negative comments about TL

:o
Umm I gave the TL props on the interior if you read above. The points it gets props in is what it exceeds in. I haven't said anything negative about it in this topic yet. You guys haev said many negative things about the G35 like any other car you guys talk about as well.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:39 AM
Racer

you are a lier as well, you have said enough negative things about TL that I can remember.

Only thing I said about your car is that its not as well designed as the Coupe. That I would rather buy the coupe than the Sedan.

NO ONE HERE SAID G35 COUPE WAS UGLY.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:43 AM
Banned

you are a lier as well, you have said enough negative things about TL that I can remember.

Only thing I said about your car is that its not as well designed as the Coupe. That I would rather buy the coupe than the Sedan.

NO ONE HERE SAID G35 COUPE WAS UGLY.
Yep, and so would I. But I needed 4 doors.

And any negative comments I have made about the TL were facts. Just pointing them out makes you guys think they are just negative comments against the car when it has the problems. And now a defective tranny problem like I figured would happen.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:44 AM
Racer

The G35 is the skyline. It was built with 4 doors and 2 doors.

The G35 must be handsom since it seems it wins lots of reviews.

YOU and your reviews....OMG LOL!!!!

Make your own choice, don't let others choose for you. :o
Old 07-23-2004, 07:45 AM
Banned

YOU and your reviews....OMG LOL!!!!

Make your own choice, don't let others choose for you. :o
And I made the right choice.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:03 AM
Racer

And I made the right choice.

no one here said you didn't.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:43 AM
Intermediate

No offense to the poster but he obviously hdoes not know how to drive. Since the G35 is slightly faster than the TL (.1 to 60) he could have beat you if he knew how to drive. ALso good thing you didn't see any turns or it's bye-bye for him. Now if you check the interior out you win.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Brock_Landers
No offense to the poster but he obviously hdoes not know how to drive. Since the G35 is slightly faster than the TL (.1 to 60) he could have beat you if he knew how to drive. ALso good thing you didn't see any turns or it's bye-bye for him. Now if you check the interior out you win.

Forget just the interior, the G35 is out right ugly compared to the TL....screw the tiny little miniscule edge it has in 0-60 and handling, the look of the car makes our TL 1000X better than the G35............damn Piece of :shit:
Old 07-23-2004, 09:54 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by DopeTL04
Forget just the interior, the G35 is out right ugly compared to the TL....screw the tiny little miniscule edge it has in 0-60 and handling, the look of the car makes our TL 1000X better than the G35............damn Piece of :shit:
Dope,

I agree our TLs are better, but you gotta admit, the G35s keep whumpin' us in comparo tests. Heck we came in 3rd behind a Caddy in the C&D report!! Whassup with that?!?!

Q
Old 07-23-2004, 10:01 AM
Intermediate

Your arguments against the G are so flawed. You people get angry because someone has an opinion that RWD is better than FWD yet you do the same exact thing with the looks of the car. So either there opinion is just as valid as yours or neither of your opinions matter. They are ranking the cars on performance. The G is the best performing car. You may rank the cars on looks. In that case the TL wins and IMO it is indeed the best looking car by far.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:07 AM
Racer

Your arguments against the G are so flawed. You people get angry because someone has an opinion that RWD is better than FWD yet you do the same exact thing with the looks of the car. So either there opinion is just as valid as yours or neither of your opinions matter. They are ranking the cars on performance. The G is the best performing car. You may rank the cars on looks. In that case the TL wins and IMO it is indeed the best looking car by far.

Best looking car, and the performance is JUST FINE.....the G might perform better because its RWD, but at least I wont be stuck in the snow, with a car that looks like aSS!! :sqntfawk:
Old 07-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Intermediate

Best looking car, and the performance is JUST FINE.....the G might perform better because its RWD, but at least I wont be stuck in the snow, with a car that looks like aSS!! :sqntfawk:

OK then someone could say at least they wont fly off a cliff when going around a turn on a mountain because of torque steer. SO back at you.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:26 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

This is rediculous! All three cars mentioned are ugly as sin so deal with it
Old 07-23-2004, 10:28 AM
Racer

OK then someone could say at least they wont fly off a cliff when going around a turn on a mountain because of torque steer. SO back at you.

Well in a real life situation, I will not be going 100mph on a moutain with a cliff!! But it does snow in real life, esp. where I live..... :sqnteek:
Old 07-23-2004, 10:29 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by EZZ
This is rediculous! All three cars mentioned are ugly as sin so deal with it

Wait did you just say the TL is ugly???
Old 07-23-2004, 10:36 AM
SOLD

Trolls/un-openmindedness = same

It has been proven that G35 (auto at least) is .1 sec faster to 60 and I believe about the same 1/4. .1 second faster 0-60 is maybe 2 or 3 feet with the same driver in both cars. I have driven both and must say although I love my TL, the G35 handles better and is overall funner to drive because I love RWD drive. Yes the G35 has beaten our TL in most DRIVING comparisons, but then again the TL has beaten the G35 in almost all other comparisons like OVERALL car (amenities, technology, styling, etc). To me, the slight performance advantage of the G35 is not worth getting a lesser overall car (notably the interior). Seeing that the G35 is slightly smaller, lighter, RWD, and more torque, it would be a DAMN SHAME if it didn't perform better! I chose the TL because I felt it was more luxurious than the G35, and that is what matters to me. If I wanted to drive around the city streets like I was in autocross, I would have gotten the G35.

Side note: Unless Nissan has changed things in Japan, the G35 is NOT a Skyline...
Old 07-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NightRider
It has been proven that G35 (auto at least) is .1 sec faster to 60 and I believe about the same 1/4. .1 second faster 0-60 is maybe 2 or 3 feet with the same driver in both cars. I have driven both and must say although I love my TL, the G35 handles better and is overall funner to drive because I love RWD drive. Yes the G35 has beaten our TL in most DRIVING comparisons, but then again the TL has beaten the G35 in almost all other comparisons like OVERALL car (amenities, technology, styling, etc). To me, the slight performance advantage of the G35 is not worth getting a lesser overall car (notably the interior). Seeing that the G35 is slightly smaller, lighter, RWD, and more torque, it would be a DAMN SHAME if it didn't perform better! I chose the TL because I felt it was more luxurious than the G35, and that is what matters to me. If I wanted to drive around the city streets like I was in autocross, I would have gotten the G35.

Side note: Unless Nissan has changed things in Japan, the G35 is NOT a Skyline...
The G35 is the U.S. version of the Skyline now.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:44 AM
SOLD

Originally Posted by jjsC5
The G35 is the U.S. version of the Skyline now.
Really? What happened to the super performing Skyline of old?

Quick Reply: ok 04 g35 4 door vrs tl