Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NYC... Recommended Reputable Install Shop

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
NYC... Recommended Reputable Install Shop

I did many searches... But no real results...

I'm searching for reputable and knowledgeable installation shop in New York City. Basically, I've been dealing with the same mechanic for like 7 years and lately he's been slacking off and not wanting to work... I think it's time to replace him...

So if you guys can recommend a location or person that installs high performance parts for our 3G TL please let me know... I have lot's of plans to upgrade my TL, however, my mechanic has been slowing me down... I want to install the usual (Suspension, Camber Kit, E-Shift Cats, Big Brake Kit... etc. plus future parts in development )... I can do the work myself, but, I don't have the space or location to do so... I like in the Bronx and in an apartment...

Thanks in advance...
Old 07-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My boy can do that stuff for you, just let me know when and what you need installed.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Mofo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is your friend located? I need a RSB installed..
Old 07-29-2006, 07:08 AM
VS#03

Originally Posted by rodneyc77
I did many searches... But no real results...

I'm searching for reputable and knowledgeable installation shop in New York City. Basically, I've been dealing with the same mechanic for like 7 years and lately he's been slacking off and not wanting to work... I think it's time to replace him...

So if you guys can recommend a location or person that installs high performance parts for our 3G TL please let me know... I have lot's of plans to upgrade my TL, however, my mechanic has been slowing me down... I want to install the usual (Suspension, Camber Kit, E-Shift Cats, Big Brake Kit... etc. plus future parts in development )... I can do the work myself, but, I don't have the space or location to do so... I like in the Bronx and in an apartment...

Thanks in advance...
Check out Lorenzo Tint on 242st in the Bronx ask for JD, he can get the high end parts for the TL & recommend reputable shop to perform the install. Phone#(718)994-9100 asked to speak to JD or Lorenzo Website www.lorenzotint.com.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:22 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by maluskills
Here in NYC, Eastside Automotive Center will install it for around $40-45, less than ½ that of an Acura dealer.
212 E. 127th Street - between 2nd & 3rd - Right By Manhattan access to the Triborough Bridge

212-570-2002
Ask for Junior....
Old 07-29-2006, 02:22 PM
VS#03

Originally Posted by DMZ
Here in NYC, Eastside Automotive Center will install it for around $40-45, less than ½ that of an Acura dealer.
212 E. 127th Street - between 2nd & 3rd - Right By Manhattan access to the Triborough Bridge

212-570-2002
Ask for Junior....
Any thing you do with the suspension.....you have to do a wheel alignment. Go to somebody that deals or specialize in frontend alignments so that they can tell what you need to get your TL handling and tire wearing properly.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My friend is located in Palisades Park
Old 07-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Mofo

Originally Posted by K-Shawn
Any thing you do with the suspension.....you have to do a wheel alignment. Go to somebody that deals or specialize in frontend alignments so that they can tell what you need to get your TL handling and tire wearing properly.

I need an allignment after getting a rsb installed?
Old 07-29-2006, 04:31 PM
VS#03

I need an allignment after getting a rsb installed?
I have a guy in NJ Ridgewood next to Paramus....that he is considered the god of wheel alignments. Acuracy from Queens is suppose to be making and appt for his suspension and also just to let you know you are going to need adjustable rear camber kit to prevent abnormal rear tire rear.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:33 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

For just replacing the rear stabilizer bar? I don't think so, unless there was already an alignment issue.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:20 AM
VS#03

Originally Posted by DMZ
For just replacing the rear stabilizer bar? I don't think so, unless there was already an alignment issue.
Acura TL suspension are so sensitive when replace suspension parts, they're prone to pull either left or right and abnormal tire wear. When I first bought my 04 TL, one side was higher than the other side. There was a defective front passenger side spring, they replace it and the car was pulling to the right. They aligned the car and the problem was solved. Plus who the f@!? I'm I........ don't nobody have a Smif & Wesson to your head. You can get a wheel alignment or not, that's why this is called a forum.....to chat & get answers.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:56 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Acura TL suspension are so sensitive when replace suspension parts, they're prone to pull either left or right and abnormal tire wear. When I first bought my 04 TL, one side was higher than the other side. There was a defective front passenger side spring, they replace it and the car was pulling to the right. They aligned the car and the problem was solved. Plus who the f@!? I'm I........ don't nobody have a Smif & Wesson to your head. You can get a wheel alignment or not, that's why this is called a forum.....to chat & get answers.
Once again, I'm not talking about spring related issues. I can certainly understand the potential need for an alignment when one has the A-Spec suspension installed or a spring replaced. But do a search in this forum and try to find anyone who faced alignment issues as a result of replacing ONLY the rear stabilizer bar.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:23 AM
Advanced

RPMNYC.com

Try them out, other members have used them. They're in queens.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:58 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
It's so funny... I started this thread and I have yet to comment...

Thanks guys for your feedback...

I ended up doing my suspension myself... w/o compressed air.... it took me about 5 hour with alot of breaks and beer runs... I wouldn't be doing that again anytime soon. I'm now running Koni (neuspeed) sport / Eibach Prokit, SPC front and rear camber kit and Comtech RSB w/greasable brackets.... My drop isn't aggressive at all, but, I felt since I was there already why not a camber kit.

CL Platano, I'll definitely contact you next time.... I realized why I stopped doing things myself.

K-Shawn, I feel you on the sensitivity of the alignment on the 3G. I barely dropped the car 1" and the alignment #'s where all over the place. Specially the toe... and I didn't even touch those adjustment points.

batm4n, I used to get alot of work done there (RPMNYC) when they first came into NYC... back in '94 and '95. They performed the first modifications to my old Integra (aka "the Money Pit"). Alot of import knowledge in that shop...