Sponsored by:

Northwest Chicago Suburbs Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Northwest Chicago Suburbs Window Tint

Hello Everyone,

I know there are numerous threads about window tint, but I was hoping someone in the Northwest Chicago Suburbs can help me out with a few specific questions. I would like to get the tints done this Friday. So here goes:

Has anyone had their Tint Job done at anyone of the following places and if so how did they do, and did they use moleskin.

Auto Glass Masters-Chicago (on Peterson)
Ziebarts (Arlington Heights)
Ziebarts (Grand and Mannheim)
Auto Glass Plus (Arlington Heights)

I called all of them listed above, and all claimed to have done numerous TLs but that they did not install moleskin and reported no issues.

I got different responses as to why like people get scratches because dirt gets caught in the window jams, the scratching varies based on the pressure the rollers put on the windows and that is only a GM issues usually, they have heard of moleskin but don't install it. Also, I am not interested in installing the moleskin myself.

I am not really concerned about price too much, I just want a great job done. If anyone can help from the Northwest Chicago Area it would be greatly appreciated.

I used the search function, but only found threads recommending tint places in NW Chicago, but not the specifics about the moleskin and the locations referenced.

Thank you in advance,
Vince
Old 03-01-2006, 05:33 PM
5mins2disney.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Not sure on who to recommend, but if you go with the one near Grand & Mannheim please let me know how they do, I work right by there and I'd like to get mine done too, but I'm pretty leary considering how many people on these forums have said they have had problems. I don't think I would do it without felts / moleskins after reading all of these forums, no way. Too many people saying they had scratches.

Any idea what it costs, and how many windows and what level of tint are you doing?

Thx!
Old 03-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Instructor

Getting the fronts tinted in Illinois is illegal and gives the cops an easy excuse to pull you over, trust me I know. If you are getting fronts, make sure the shop will remove them for free and provide a receipt for your court visit. I'd love to get tints all around, but it's just not worth the hassle.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Intermediate

Unfortunately, I know that doing the fronts is illegal, but I am going to take my chances.

To me it just does not look right not doing the fronts. I am planning to do a light or medium tint all the way around. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can keep the cops at bay.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Intermediate

Any Chicagoland feedback out there?