Sponsored by:

Noise on bumpy road

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Noise on bumpy road

Hello All -

I got my TL about a month ago, whenever I am on bumpy road I hear weird noise...I located one to be the visor's clip (where you open for mirror) but I couldn't find out where the other tiny noise is coming from. I know the noise is from within the car, probably the front panel (upper or lower). Has any experienced this? Let me know, thanks!

A/
Old 04-30-2004, 02:44 PM
Instructor

Is it a "clicking" noise, I found it I put pressure on my rear vu mirror it stops
Old 04-30-2004, 02:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look, I don't mean to sound like an asshole, though I probably will anyway, but this is the 1,435th complaint about interior noises in the TL on bumpy roads. C'mon, give us a break. Cars make noise going over bumps. This is the real world, not that old SNL skit where the rabbi does a circumcision in the back seat while they drive over potholes in NYC. Constant rattles are different, and I realize some people are having problems with that in the TL. But rattles/noises on bumpy roads - that's just cars dammit!
Old 04-30-2004, 02:53 PM
Instructor

Hey, that's how I was circumcized!
Old 04-30-2004, 02:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TLGator
Look, I don't mean to sound like an asshole, though I probably will anyway, but this is the 1,435th complaint about interior noises in the TL on bumpy roads. C'mon, give us a break. Cars make noise going over bumps. This is the real world, not that old SNL skit where the rabbi does a circumcision in the back seat while they drive over potholes in NYC. Constant rattles are different, and I realize some people are having problems with that in the TL. But rattles/noises on bumpy roads - that's just cars dammit!

...I hear you bro'......people have to realize that a car is made up of thousands and thousands of little-bitty parts and not just a giant slab of granite.....(every luxury car I owned, BMW, MB, Lexus, Infiniti....all had rattles at one point or another).........don't want to hear a rattle?....turn up the radio.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Thomwarn

.......is that why they now call you "Stubby"? ......sorry, man, I just couldn't resist!
Old 04-30-2004, 03:01 PM
5th Gear

Even if the car is made up of thousands of parts, TL is more noisy than others. My tl has no pin point of noise, but so many noise come from radio area, center console, doors... Anyway my 3year old Jeep is more quiet.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Are you kidding, my TL is as quiet as a library!......my last car, the Infiniti FX45, had a suspension so hard, you could hear the fillings in your teeth coming loose!
Old 04-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Look, I don't mean to sound like an asshole, though I probably will anyway, but this is the 1,435th complaint about interior noises in the TL on bumpy roads.
Probably because some of us have TL's that sound like they would rather come apart than stay together on "bumpy roads"....

C'mon, give us a break. Cars make noise going over bumps.
Of course they do, but not from every single friggin side of the car, I have video tape of my friggin glove-box dancing around like it's on huge doses of caffene or something, after it's been fixed three times! Yes I'll post a video when I have time.

This is the real world, not that old SNL skit where the rabbi does a circumcision in the back seat while they drive over potholes in NYC. Constant rattles are different, and I realize some people are having problems with that in the TL. But rattles/noises on bumpy roads - that's just cars dammit!
If'n ya realize that SOME people are having issues with noises and creaks and rattles then why complain when they complain? People are smart enough to know a noise you'll probably get from a car, like my wifes RSX, the hatch makes noise over bumps, well we knew that going in since it's a hatch back. My TL I expect some noise sometimes, BUT NOT WHEN I'M AT IDLE AT A STOP LIGHT! I HAVE NEVER OWNED A CAR AS LOOSE AS THIS ONE IS.

I'm sick of the complaining about the complaining, if you don't like complaints ignore the thread, easy enough I think. In the mean time, after 5 attempts at fixing ABNORMAL RATTLES AND SQUEAKS AND NOISES I have every right to complain often and with as big a mouth as I please, and so does everybody else who got screwed by the interior mental midget quality control morons at the factory. :banghead:

Sorry if I sound pissed, I'm just sick of the noises getting so bad at times you have to wonder if they used tape to hold everything together so they could spend more on XM and Bluetooth and have bragging rights on technology.

In my view, skip XM even though I like it, skip Bluetooth even though I like it and get back to building these cars like they're supposed too.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:05 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
OK, your right TLGator, you come across like an A-Hole... What cracks me up is why so many people complain about others asking questions about their TL... You can read the "Subject Line". If its the 1,436th "complaint", or sometimes better known as a question about a noise/rattle, don't open the thread! This way you can keep yourself from spinning up and sounding like an "A-Hole"..... I guess a perfect forum would have two sides, one for complaints and one for praises. Problem is, whether some folks had complaints or not they would be trolling the "complaint" section just to question/flame those their for a reason....

I don't see whats the big deal about TL owners who have rattles and trying to look for fixes. Sure one could take it to the dealer and risk even worse issues, or solicit info to fix it at home. It's a known fact that many TL's are plagued with rattles. My service adviser informed me they see/hear it everyday in very large numbers. Unless one has driven rattling cars all their life, or like me-not, (at least not in the first year let alone month of purchase) the TL is a bit concerning/disappointing in that regard.

I take this and every forum for what it's worth - relevant and some not so relevant information. But whats more irritating and OLD is the constant whining of members who either cant believe, understand, fathom, whatever why people would complain or ask questions about what they do.

We are all different. Some believe in taking a stance on issues and others don't. If more Americans would hold "manufacturers" accountable for poor quality, our trade and economy would be a better place.

For me, I despise rattles and vibration.. My TL has both - but thats all. Sure I'll admit "discussing" them at length, but due to not even letting the dealer attempt repair, how can I really complain.

We all get a little "passionate" about what we feel/believe (hence my soapbox), but I really don't understand why comments like yours (only worse sometimes), sounding so arrogant, ignorant, or irrelevant need to be posted as often as they are.

But that's just me

I too enjoyed the SNL skit...
Old 04-30-2004, 08:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Norse396
I'm sick of the complaining about the complaining.
Well I'm sick of people being sick of the complaining about the complaining!

OK, your turn.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by KJSmitty
We all get a little "passionate" about what we feel/believe (hence my soapbox), but I really don't understand why comments like yours (only worse sometimes), sounding so arrogant, ignorant, or irrelevant need to be posted as often as they are.
For the same reason comments about how horrible the TL is, also sounding arrogant, ignorant, and irrelevant (to me) apparently need to be posted as often as THEY are.

In order words, sure you have a right to complain, but I'm just as entitled to complain about your complaining. And now you and Norse are complaining about me complaining about the complaining.

This is silly. Can't we all just get along?

Look, I hear your frustration. Either I got lucky by getting one of a few hundred problem-free TLs, or you all got unlucky by getting one of a few hundred problem-riddled TLs (out of 44,000 so far). I happen to think it's the latter. I could be wrong. But STILL, whether you think I'm being arrogant or not, I happen to think some of the complaining around here is nit-picking. People say, "For $35,000 this car ought to..." Ought to what? Give you blow jobs? $35,000 is not what it used to be. Honda/Acura went the value route - lots of stuff for the money. The risk to the buyer is lower quality. That's frustrating for those of you who expected Acura to equal very high quality, as it has in the past. I'll shut up now. Carry on.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by PetesTL
...I hear you bro'......people have to realize that a car is made up of thousands and thousands of little-bitty parts and not just a giant slab of granite.....(every luxury car I owned, BMW, MB, Lexus, Infiniti....all had rattles at one point or another).........don't want to hear a rattle?....turn up the radio.
No Offense taken, BUT I have owned many cars and none of them, hell all of them togehter didn't make as many noises as the TL interior does, on even mild dips in the road!
Old 04-30-2004, 09:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
But STILL, whether you think I'm being arrogant or not, I happen to think some of the complaining around here is nit-picking. People say, "For $35,000 this car ought to..." Ought to what? Give you blow jobs? $35,000 is not what it used to be. Honda/Acura went the value route - lots of stuff for the money. The risk to the buyer is lower quality. That's frustrating for those of you who expected Acura to equal very high quality, as it has in the past. I'll shut up now. Carry on.
Funny they won't tell you that and soem way to sella "near luxury" car, here, pay us a premium for a nicer car, but it will have lower quality becasue we saved a buck. I can't wait to see that commercial! And besides my I30 and I35 were both rock solid interiors and put together better and cost about $3k less!
Old 04-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Well I'm sick of people being sick of the complaining about the complaining!

OK, your turn.
Uh yeah, what you said!
Old 04-30-2004, 09:15 PM
Burning Brakes

No Offense taken, BUT I have owned many cars and none of them, hell all of them togehter didn't make as many noises as the TL interior does, on even mild dips in the road!
Amen to that, frankly this is the most rattle prone car I've ever owned and excuses made by Acura are pathetic.

Pure and simple, interior quality control doesn't exist....
Old 04-30-2004, 09:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by KeithL
Funny they won't tell you that and soem way to sella "near luxury" car, here, pay us a premium for a nicer car, but it will have lower quality becasue we saved a buck. I can't wait to see that commercial! And besides my I30 and I35 were both rock solid interiors and put together better and cost about $3k less!
Can't argue with ya there, bro. No question Acura MARKETS itself as high quality.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

For you whiners, if you're that unhappy with the TL, sell it dammit! There's no gun pointed at your head telling you to keep it. Really, isn't one or two or three threads about rattles, etc. enough?.......but every frickin' day?! ...How depressing! ....We get the point! ...... (Just to let the newcomers know, the great majority of TL owners, incl. myself, are very happy with their purchase and have a problem-free car )
Old 04-30-2004, 09:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

.......sorry guys, had to vent.......one of those stressful Fridays! (But really, sitting in my TL brings a smile to my face everytime )
Old 04-30-2004, 10:07 PM
Advanced

I hesitate to show my age, but I haven't had a car with so many interior squeaks, creaks, pops and crackles since my '73 Camaro Rally Sport, a true Flexible Flyer, with several Audi, Toyota, & Lexus products in between, not to mention VW.

I feel I was cheated by being an early (Nov) TL buyer, and let down by Honda/Acura, who took the path made famous by Chrysler, let the customers do the early development work.

Some time ago I was contacted by someone from Honda's R&D center in Ohio about a problem I reported on the survey of initial problems, and it was he who put me onto this forum--he indicated that they follow the threads on this site as a barometer of issues needing addressing, and an indicator of owner satisfaction.

Therefore this is a way of making our voices heard, and I would hope that dissatisfied owners would continue to make their view known, loud & clear.

In addition, as one who has always attempted to fix problems myself rather than rely on dealer 'technicians' (I'm thinking back to lying on my back in the footwell of my Camaro in the driveway at 2 am tracking down a new under-dash rattle), I find the advice & experiences of other owners with similar problems most useful, and I would hope that the free exchange of such information and gripes continues.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Me, too!

Originally Posted by Thomwarn
Me, too! Rabbi Schwartz? With the Pinking Shears? :chainsaw:

I'm very popular with the ladies.

XP
Old 04-30-2004, 10:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Originally Posted by Norse396
Amen to that, frankly this is the most rattle prone car I've ever owned and excuses made by Acura are pathetic.
Any excuses they're making are just that, excuses. Our dealer fixed my one rattle (and yes, rattles drive me batsh!t) the first try. Since I replaced the tires with the Pilot A/S's and the rattle got fixed I've been head over heels for my car.

Too bad everyone else can't get there with their TL too. I really feel for those of you who haven't been able to get the rattles squelched.

Mike