Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nicer sound with 07 TL-S

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 03:54 AM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
Nicer sound with 07 TL-S

Is it possible to replace just the mufflers to get a nicer sports car sound without changing the tail pipes. So it doesn't look any different. And possible getting better performance. I don't mind not getting better performance, I just don't want to loose performance from improper back pressure. It would be so nice to hear that sweet 3.5 liter
Old 05-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here ya go man...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...&page=22&pp=25

i've done this mod on my 07 TL-S (mt), and i really like the sound. it's a little louder/deeper tone than stock, but it's not ricey/raspy at all. i think it sounds really good.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Racer

look on pg. 22... that's got the info you probably want.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gunner252
look on pg. 22... that's got the info you probably want.
gunner do you still have your TL-S mufflers? If I can use them for my TL I'll buy them from you. I've just been looking for the TLS mufflers. Do you know if they will swap with the base TL mufflers?
Old 05-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Racer

yeah, i'm still using the stock mufflers. either way - i'm not sure if they would fit on the base w/the cutouts the way they are, or not.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Racer

yeah, i'm still using the stock mufflers. either way - i'm not sure if they would fit on the base w/the cutouts the way they are, or not.
Yeah I know the rear bumper needs to change. I'm jsut wondering if the mufflers are swappable. I'm not worried about having to change the bumper. Thats fine with me. I just want to know if the mufflers are just plug and chug.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Safety Car

here ya go man...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...&page=22&pp=25

i've done this mod on my 07 TL-S (mt), and i really like the sound. it's a little louder/deeper tone than stock, but it's not ricey/raspy at all. i think it sounds really good.
WOW, I was laughing my ass off This is TOO COOL How much did you do? To stage 3? How long has it been. Have you heard it get any louder. I think I will get just the middle muffler cut out this morning. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Thanks Man, SWEET
Old 05-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Safety Car

I believe you have to change the entire bumper. PLEASE NOTHING PERSONAL, BUT I hope it costs a fortune to change the rear to "LOOK" like a REAL 3.5 TL-S! Otherwise there will be reg TL's running ALL OVER "LOOKING" like a TRUE 3.5 TL-S.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Acuras Only in

LOL ... trying to join the "S-Club" ? Hella to pay ...
Old 05-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
I believe you have to change the entire bumper. PLEASE NOTHING PERSONAL, BUT I hope it costs a fortune to change the rear to "LOOK" like a REAL 3.5 TL-S! Otherwise there will be reg TL's running ALL OVER "LOOKING" like a TRUE 3.5 TL-S.
lol...I said the muffler..not everything else. I could care less for all the other bells and whistles. I just like the tl-s mufflers. The entire bumper will need to be changed.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by pellepelle_10
lol...I said the muffler..not everything else. I could care less for all the other bells and whistles. I just like the tl-s mufflers. The entire bumper will need to be changed.
Yes, if the entire bumper has to be replaced to get the TL-S pipes that will cost$$$ And maybe sway people away from copying.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Racer

Yes, if the entire bumper has to be replaced to get the TL-S pipes that will cost$$$ And maybe sway people away from copying.
lol be happy with the 3.5 L and stop bein a hater. It's just a muffler for crying out loud. I'm not putting S-Type stickers on my car. I'm not getting those gunmetal Type-S Wheels. I just like the dual exhausts. It wouldn't be any different if I bought a Greddy or HKS muffler and used a TL-S bumper to fit it. What's the big deal? lol I guess I should get salty because people with 04-06 Tl's want mirrors with side markers as if they were an 07 TL.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Safety Car

lol be happy with the 3.5 L and stop bein a hater. It's just a muffler for crying out loud. I'm not putting S-Type stickers on my car. I'm not getting those gunmetal Type-S Wheels. I just like the dual exhausts. It wouldn't be any different if I bought a Greddy or HKS muffler and used a TL-S bumper to fit it. What's the big deal? lol I guess I should get salty because people with 04-06 Tl's want mirrors with side markers as if they were an 07 TL.
WOW, if you read my posts there is NO anger or hate in them. Like I said nothing personal. You need to calm down, I don't have hate in me. I just don't want a ton of reg. TL's allover looking like mine. Its the same with wheels. Some people won't tell you what they are so you don't get them.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Racer

WOW, if you read my posts there is NO anger or hate in them. Like I said nothing personal. You need to calm down, I don't have hate in me. I just don't want a ton of reg. TL's allover looking like mine. Its the same with wheels. Some people won't tell you what they are so you don't get them.
there is no anger bro..none at all..I was actually joking..sorry it came across negative. the lol was in a laughing manner. I didn't mean for it to come across that way. My apologies.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
You must be hating the fact that many folks are switching out their tails/sidemarker lamps huh?
Old 05-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ggesq
You must be hating the fact that many folks are switching out their tails/sidemarker lamps huh?
No not angry like I said. I think its ok. But spending alot on several upgrades is a waste. Its like spending alot on exhaust, chips, intakes, tail lights, and all the TL-S upgrades. Its not factory and the reg TL won't keep up anyway. Go trade in the old one and buy a real one, Thats all. I have know many people who spend thousands on all kinds of mods, then get beat by a car that just had more power from the factory. When all they had to do was put nothing in the old car, sell it and buy the new one with factory upgrades. Plus no voided engine warranty. Plus hold resale way better. I could go on but no use. Who cares, its your money, you earned it (hopefully)
Old 05-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Racer

No not angry like I said. I think its ok. But spending alot on several upgrades is a waste. Its like spending alot on exhaust, chips, intakes, tail lights, and all the TL-S upgrades. Its not factory and the reg TL won't keep up anyway. Go trade in the old one and buy a real one, Thats all. I have know many people who spend thousands on all kinds of mods, then get beat by a car that just had more power from the factory. When all they had to do was put nothing in the old car, sell it and buy the new one with factory upgrades. Plus no voided engine warranty. Plus hold resale way better. I could go on but no use. Who cares, its your money, you earned it (hopefully)
My car isn't a month old (500 total miles) so this may be voiced towards someone else. Secondly I bought the TL because I felt it was a best fit. I didn't need a TL-S. I didn't by my car for racing. I bought it for styling. People buy cars for different reasons. I personally don't think 4K more than what I paid for my car is worth 2 mufflers and a bumper I can hopefully pay less than $600 to change. I'm sorry.. I can spend the extra $3500 making the styling upgrades I prefer. Again..not everyone see's it the same. I'd rather spend money doing other stuff to my car. This is just my own personal opinion. *shrugs*
Old 05-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
This is exactly why I don't bother doing any mods whatsoever to the TL or even the TL-S if I had one. They're slow from the factory and when you look at bang for the buck, not worth putting one penny in mods.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:28 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by I hate cars
This is exactly why I don't bother doing any mods whatsoever to the TL or even the TL-S if I had one. They're slow from the factory and when you look at bang for the buck, not worth putting one penny in mods.
Everyone has an opinion. Some like to mod and personalize their vehicle. Some don't and would rather keep the stock parts on it. As long as you're happy with what you're doing why does it even matter? If anybody is wanting to sell their 07 TL-S mufflers give me a holler. I'm definatelly interested.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Safety Car

My car isn't a month old (500 total miles) so this may be voiced towards someone else. Secondly I bought the TL because I felt it was a best fit. I didn't need a TL-S. I didn't by my car for racing. I bought it for styling. People buy cars for different reasons. I personally don't think 4K more than what I paid for my car is worth 2 mufflers and a bumper I can hopefully pay less than $600 to change. I'm sorry.. I can spend the extra $3500 making the styling upgrades I prefer. Again..not everyone see's it the same. I'd rather spend money doing other stuff to my car. This is just my own personal opinion. *shrugs*
I totally agree that everyone has diff agenda's. Were all diff. If we were all the same, things would get pretty borring I get a good laugh at some mods. One thing, the TL-S is not that much more. And it has a heck of a lot more than just a then 2 mufflers and a bumper. I had an 06 TL NAV for 4 months. When I looked at and drove the 07 TL-S, I had to have it Thats just me. Have a good one. ALL TL's are great
Old 05-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Racer

TL-S... slow from the factory?? And you get quite a bit of bang for your buck. you're grossly inaccurate in your opinions.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts

everything I do to my car is to make it look better in my eyes.

so what if people want 07 tails. they didnt have them for our years.

but who really gives a shit anyway? I didnt mod my car to go fast.

plus people mod their cars for more reasons then to increase HP. I drove an SRT/8 the other day and that fucking SUV threw me into my seat. But when it was all said and done I was happy to be back in my car..
Old 05-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
if you're talking about S/C then I agree. even with high flow cats Ill agree.

but every other mod is totally worth it........