Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice Try, Coppah!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice Try, Coppah!

I was heading home this morning in my 07 CGP TL w/ Nav. We I got to the point in MA where I-93 connects with I-95. It's a nice clover leaf with two lanes. I was behind a semi which took the outside lane. So of course I took the inside. Slipped it into manual mode and down to 3rd and powered it throught at about 50 mph. Just as I was coming out, bang, as statie in an SUV. So I come out and ease up to 65 mph, the limit. The fool catches up to me and tails me for two miles in the middle lane of a three lane road. Meanwhile others were flying by us in the 3rd lane not knowing he was a statie. Yet instead of nailing those people he kept tailing me. He finally gave up moved to the 3rd lane in search of other fish. I didn't even look at him as he passed. No sense agitating him. Any way, thanks for reading. I love my TL!
Old 08-11-2007, 10:47 AM
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man. That would really blow to have a SUV cop pull you over. Glad you made it out. My heart always starts pounding in those situations.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
thanks for sharing

I dont know what the hells been up here in Dallas lately but they have been all over my ass these past few months...

Ive been stopped three times in the past two months. two of the times I was let go with a warning, the third cited me. I deserved that one...
Old 08-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As a cop myself, I say congratulations! I always tell people that blow past me in my unmarked Crown Vic..."If you are going to drive faster than the posted limit, at least pay attention to where the police are!"

While I personally think it is safer to drive a little faster than the flow on a freeway...and I usually do in my TL...that is a good spot by you, means you are keeping your eyes moving and taking note of details. That makes you a good driver and a safer driver. He followed you for one or more of three reasons;

1. He saw you come from inside of the big rig, and thought he was gonna surprise you as you "merged into traffic". (smile)

2. He was running your plate and waiting for the return (that can take a couple of minutes sometimes).

3. He was admiring the rear view of your beautiful Acura TL!

Be Safe!
Old 08-11-2007, 12:53 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Haha, I'll go with option #3
Old 08-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Acuras Only in

LOL ... #3 indeed ... the first two always gets me cold sweat ...
Old 08-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SLAKERZ
Man. That would really blow to have a SUV cop pull you over. Glad you made it out. My heart always starts pounding in those situations.
That thing was huge. It was an Expedition, but I swear it was as big as a Suburban. As he was driving by I noticed his plate wasn't the typical blue plate that staties use. Instead, it looked just like any MA plate. The only difference was that it said Trooper across the bottom. No wonder others were flying by as he was tailing me. Sneaky!
Old 08-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Code3forJC
As a cop myself, I say congratulations! I always tell people that blow past me in my unmarked Crown Vic..."If you are going to drive faster than the posted limit, at least pay attention to where the police are!"

While I personally think it is safer to drive a little faster than the flow on a freeway...and I usually do in my TL...that is a good spot by you, means you are keeping your eyes moving and taking note of details. That makes you a good driver and a safer driver. He followed you for one or more of three reasons;

1. He saw you come from inside of the big rig, and thought he was gonna surprise you as you "merged into traffic". (smile)

2. He was running your plate and waiting for the return (that can take a couple of minutes sometimes).

3. He was admiring the rear view of your beautiful Acura TL!

Be Safe!
I drove the same route tonight in my Volvo XC90 and did the same thing. This time no statie. It was the first time I had ever seen a cop there, right at the apex of this clover leaf which is really wide yet tight. I also remeasured the distance and he actually tailed me for 3.5 miles. So, yes, all of the above!

I figured he was looking for anything to nail me on so I stuck to 65 like glue. I'm a really safe driver (why else would I drive a Volvo) and the only time I really push a vehicle is through the curves, but that's only because I know the ride can handle it. I don't do it unless the road is dry.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:34 PM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

Today I was getting on I-10 in LA, near my house...

I'm not used to having the "metering" lights on Saturday, so I took the on-ramp unusually fast, and when I rounded the corner, it was red. It was WAY too late to stop, so I just blew through it... which I HATED doing, and I was like oh crap...

Well, about 1/4 later I was in the far right lane, which was an exit only lane, with about a mile to the next exit. NOBODY behind me. Then BAM! A highway patrol car comes flying into the right lane from the left side, and screams up onto me. I KNEW I was done for, figuring he saw me blow the metering light.

I moved into the left lanes, and by some miracle, he flew past me. Jesus, I love that feeling! You get an adrenaline rush for free! lol
Old 08-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by shooter
LOL ... #3 indeed ... the first two always gets me cold sweat ...
Yep, I have to admit my heart skipped a beat as soon as I spotted the trooper. But I've been around long enough to take a deep breath and remain calm through it.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:00 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I've only been pulled over once got a warning, this was when I first got my lisence, and haven't experienced cops ever again. I really don't get the heart flutter when I see a cop. I just stay at around or at 5mph over.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
JScout, where are you from? I'm up in Lynnfield so I assume you're in the local area too...
Old 08-11-2007, 10:25 PM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

I'm not bragging, but I was doing 140 on the MA Pike between exists Palmer and 84......well I got pulled over and the COP which was a nice man all along asked me about the car and why I was going so fast....I responded...Sir .....I made a modification to the engine and wanted to see if I could feel in your "ass meter"........he laughed and asked me to see the MOD,..a CAI and with that he said...Sir...take it slow and we waved good bye... ...IMHO COPs are tired of seeing "criminals" day in and day out that when they meet a person who treats them with the respect they deserve, You have the upperhand.....meaning you've deffused the situation.....Code3forJC, tell me if I'm "rong"....
I respect those who uphold the LAW and keep us from harming ouselfs.........Fire DPT"s , EMT's. .......
Old 08-12-2007, 12:05 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by HEK
I'm not bragging, but I was doing 140 on the MA Pike between exists Palmer and 84......well I got pulled over and the COP which was a nice man all along asked me about the car and why I was going so fast....I responded...Sir .....I made a modification to the engine and wanted to see if I could feel in your "ass meter"........he laughed and asked me to see the MOD,..a CAI and with that he said...Sir...take it slow and we waved good bye... ...IMHO COPs are tired of seeing "criminals" day in and day out that when they meet a person who treats them with the respect they deserve, You have the upperhand.....meaning you've deffused the situation.....Code3forJC, tell me if I'm "rong"....
I respect those who uphold the LAW and keep us from harming ouselfs.........Fire DPT"s , EMT's. .......

Man I need to move away from NYC then, in June I got 2 Traffic Tickets
"Improper Turn" June 20th
Where it is perfectly legal to make that left as the "<-" clearly was green

"Red Light" June 24th
Right infront of a sign that says "After a stop turn permitted on red"

Cops in NYC are way to eager to make quota... hope I don't come off with a crazy bill
Old 08-12-2007, 03:40 AM
WDP TL

I remember a while back, I had just dropped off a friend and was really tired. It was about 3 in the morning. Rollin' down Jupiter and was stopped in front of 190. A huge SUV pulled next to me so I look, it was a cop. I'm like whatever, it's a cop. I look up again and see that the light is green so I go. Half way past the light I noticed that the light that turned green, was the light on the other side of the highway. By this time I'm kicking myself in the head thinking how stupid I was. Then the light after the highway turned red. OMG.

So I'm sitting there under the highway, and he's behind me before the highway. Shit! Shit! Shit! Both our lights turn green and he runs up behind me. Shit! Fuck! Damn! Then he switches back over to the right lane and turns.

Gave me such huge scare.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:02 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sclass88
JScout, where are you from? I'm up in Lynnfield so I assume you're in the local area too...
I'm in Sharon. LOL. I just remembered that I-93 and I-95 connect in two places. The clover leaf I was referring to was the one in Canton, not the one in Woburn.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:36 AM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jscout
I'm a really safe driver (why else would I drive a Volvo)
LOLLLL
Old 08-12-2007, 08:59 AM
06 WDP / 07 WDP Type-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i got a ticket yesterday in the Chicagoland area
i went out for dinner with a couple friends and came back to an orange envelope stuck in my door

the only thing thst pissed me off is that my tintd are 30%

also i thought they cant give tickets unless your car is moving . there is no harm in a vehicle parked aling the road with tints, probably the stupidest ticket ive ever received
ive passed cops with my windows up, ive parked next to cops with my windows up, and ive even talked to cops when on the road after rolling my windows down(i was sitting on the side of the road with my hazards on and cop pulled next to me, nothing, i rolled down my window and talked to him.) but never have i been cited or even warned for my tints

you can clearly see through my windows by the way, 30% is really light
Old 08-12-2007, 11:48 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
wow ticket while your parked for tints, thats a first
Old 08-12-2007, 08:56 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Originally Posted by Be-in my TL
i got a ticket yesterday in the Chicagoland area
i went out for dinner with a couple friends and came back to an orange envelope stuck in my door

the only thing thst pissed me off is that my tintd are 30%

also i thought they cant give tickets unless your car is moving . there is no harm in a vehicle parked aling the road with tints, probably the stupidest ticket ive ever received
ive passed cops with my windows up, ive parked next to cops with my windows up, and ive even talked to cops when on the road after rolling my windows down(i was sitting on the side of the road with my hazards on and cop pulled next to me, nothing, i rolled down my window and talked to him.) but never have i been cited or even warned for my tints

you can clearly see through my windows by the way, 30% is really light

Don't know about the moving part, but IL Law (according to this chart: http://www.lightningmikes.com/images/state-laws.pdf) is NO tint on the front sides. You can do anything you want to the back sides and the rear, but I don't see how you can argue the fronts.

(Yeah, I know, it's a dumb ass law. But it's not mine, it's yours.)

BTW - Is it a "fix it" ticket and what is the fine. Just curious.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:06 AM
Advanced

HEK, You may be onto something!

HEK,

As I noted, I drive an unmarked car with lights and sirens. I typically and looking for gangsters and spend most of my time in that arena. However, you would be surprised at the things people do not knowing there is a cop car around.

IF people are honest and truthful and seem somewhat remorseful, I usually let them slide. Most of my traffic stops do not result in a ticket. But when people fail the "attitude test", well then officer discretion kicks in like a big dog!

I have never cited a person driving a TL...I know firsthand how difficult some of these speed limits can be!

But, if you cry (usually just women, but I've had men try it too), lie, or deny....press hard three copies, have a nice day.

I've only been bribed once in ten years and I can count on one hand the sexual overtures made by women...but I digress!

Being nice and respectful helps, but it is no guarantee of getting off, especially if you are dealing with a motor cop, traffic is what they do.

SO pay attention, be safe and don't drive too fast too long.

In California, we do not have quotas by the way.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:12 AM
steeez

hahahah, sorry to hijack but i just thought it was funny because its irrelevant that your car is cgp and that it has navi to the purpose of this thread :p
Old 08-14-2007, 05:11 AM
Intermediate

It has everything to do with the post. It helps to paint a picture for the story. Plus, it answers the question of the one person who was thinking, "I wonder which one he was driving?" while reading the post.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Code3forJC
...IF people are honest and truthful and seem somewhat remorseful, I usually let them slide. Most of my traffic stops do not result in a ticket. But when people fail the "attitude test", well then officer discretion kicks in like a big dog!...
True dat! Frankly, I don't blame you guys for teaching mouthers a lesson. Why cop (no pun intended) a tude? Case in point...a long time ago (almost 20 years), it was at night and I was driving on this 45mph road heading downhill and coming up to an intersection with a set of lights. My girlfriend at the time had to sit in the back seat because the front passenger door couldn't open (I can't remember why).

But as I was heading down hill, I saw the light turn red. As I was slowing down, my ex yelled out, "it's not your red, go, go, go!" So I reacted, and gassed it. It turns out that I was right, it was my red and as I was flying through the intersection I almost got banana-ed by another car coming through the intersection. I swear those headlights were right next to me. It scared the shit out of me. I immediately pulled over to regain my composer from almost getting killed. Next thing I know, this local cop comes flying through with lights on and pulls up behind me. I was visibly shaken. I explained what happened to the cop was very apologetic about it. She checked my papers then yelled at my ex in the back seat for distracting me and let me go with a warning. I'd obviously suffered enough for the night.

Three things I learned from this incident:
1. Be nice to cops when you get pulled over. It can't hurt and can only help.
2. Never listen to any backseat driver.
3. My bitch ex wanted me dead.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:03 AM
2006 TL

^^lol

Yeah um... THIS situation never happens to me in NY, ever... ONLY in Orlando... Every once in a while a cop (usually not FHP/Troopers), such as Orange/Osceola/Orlando PD will GET ON MY ASS, which pisses me off, in a lame ass attempt at getting me to speed up. I understand that once they're behind me they're probably running my plates but there's no need to ACTUALLY tailgate me. I just laugh and go even slower than the speed limit, at which point they say "Screw this guy... next unsuspecting sap..." I see them stop people like that often. My friend in the Osceola Cty Sheriffs Office admits to having done this before. I called him an ass and we went to lunch lol.

But good job JSCOUT! You'd be surprised how many people are completely oblivious of their surroundings and how many of them couldn't point out an unmarked car if you put a bright big light-bar on the roof... I'm ALWAYS looking @ my mirrors, traffic, and surroundings and thus spot UC's very easily. Just when I was getting good @ the game, NYC goes and gets Dodge Chargers added to the fleet... more cars I gotta keep track of now! Bastards!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:17 AM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
The number of different cars the police have is getting hard to track, so paranoia steps in every highway i take and every turn i make.

It use to be a lot easier back a few years and now it's almost a guessing game.