Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with swapping tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with swapping tires

I am getting my TL probably this week or early next week. I was unable to persuade the dealer to swap the Turanzas with a different tire. So, I will need to visit a tire place and trade the Turanzas, most likely for Falkens ZEIX 512. I live in upstate NY (Binghamton) and called a few local tire places and no one is interested in trading in the Turanzas. This is no wonder because here, out in the sticks, it would be hard to sell this tire. Does anyone know of a tire place in upstate NY where I could go and exchange the tires? Right now I am coming to the conclusion that I will have to drive 200+ miles to a bigger city (such as NY City, Albany, Rochester) to find a tire place willing to accept the Turanzas ...

NY, NJ, PA TL owners, anyone has any advice for me as to where to go?

Thanks a lot for any info!!
Old 04-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Honestly - you may just want to use 'em up. I finally decided it was not worth it - some guys were getting their rims scratched while changing the tires out. My car only has 1000 miles on it and have decided that what they say is true as it is getting warmer here in NJ the problem is not as bad anymore. Don't get me wrong - I think it is total BS this whole tire issue, but I have found the tires to not be totally bad once you move beyond the flat spot problem. I take my turns hard and fast and she holds pretty good even in the rain. I will never buy them again, but I'd rather just use them up.

As far as a dealer/tire place, I actually had to order my Falken's for my old car online - I could not find a local tire guy that could order them.

Originally Posted by acugirl
I am getting my TL probably this week or early next week. I was unable to persuade the dealer to swap the Turanzas with a different tire. So, I will need to visit a tire place and trade the Turanzas, most likely for Falkens ZEIX 512. I live in upstate NY (Binghamton) and called a few local tire places and no one is interested in trading in the Turanzas. This is no wonder because here, out in the sticks, it would be hard to sell this tire. Does anyone know of a tire place in upstate NY where I could go and exchange the tires? Right now I am coming to the conclusion that I will have to drive 200+ miles to a bigger city (such as NY City, Albany, Rochester) to find a tire place willing to accept the Turanzas ...

Old 04-27-2004, 01:13 PM
Instructor

TBone, I am concerned about their performance in the rain. Heard horror stories about aquaplanning. You found them OK in the rain?
Old 04-27-2004, 01:43 PM
Team SSM

Thumbs down

They SUCK in the rain!!!!

:tflamer: Turanza :rocketwho
Old 04-27-2004, 04:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts

Get Brisdgestone to replace them for free with LS-Z tires, much better that stock tires. They may still flat spot a bit, but if is too bad next winter then get Falkens and you have ridden for 10 months on better tires.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:59 PM
Instructor

It is possible to do such a thing? Should I contact Bridgestone directly or through a local tire retailer?
Old 04-27-2004, 06:05 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

I am getting my TL probably this week or early next week.

acugirl:

I will be happy to exchange your tires for you, free of charge. That is, if you let me lick your sweaty toes after you've driven 50 miles.

BJ
Old 04-27-2004, 06:22 PM
Instructor

You've got a deal, BJ. How did you know I like guys who are into feet?
Old 04-27-2004, 08:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
It is possible to do such a thing? Should I contact Bridgestone directly or through a local tire retailer?
Search the other threads, I have posted several times the process I went through to get LS-Zs. But I hear they may not be free anymore, they still might want $100 -$150 for the set.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:58 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

You've got a deal, BJ. How did you know I like guys who are into feet?
Send me a PM so we can get moving on this, acugirl. :facelick:
Old 04-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?p=775721