Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help from someone who hasn’t set up their HandsFreeLink

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 07:48 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Need help from someone who hasn’t set up their HandsFreeLink

Could you please select the HandsFreeLink in your Multi-Information Display screen and press the Select/Reset button – What do you see?

I see “REBOOTING” and it is displayed until I change the Multi-Information Display to a different screen.

My vehicle seems to be the only one made so far that has an in-operative HandsFreeLink system. The main symptom is that the Talk button will not beep when depressed. I would really like to know if the REBOOTING prompt is correct (then it is probably the button or button wiring), or if you see something different (then it is probably a system hardware/software issue).

I have had the car for 6 days and it spent two days in the shop to solve this problem with no progress. I was told that they can’t get any support from Acura because the problem is unique to my car (and ¾ of the maintenance technicians are out with the flu).

I picked up the car last night and told the service manager that I would come back only after I had a chance to drive my NEW car for a while before it got too old.

Thanks for your help
Old 12-17-2003, 07:58 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up my car last Friday and really love it. I have been afraid of something happening like your situation and the Dealer knows nothing at all. This car has a lot of high tech stuff, and I bet half the Dealers don't know how to change the oil much less fix something high tech. I hope you get the problem resolved. Keep us posted.

RB
Old 12-17-2003, 08:57 AM
Racer

I have seen "REBOOTING" in the MID briefly when I have switched to the HFL page too quickly after starting the car; however, it finishes booting within a second or two and the display quickly returns to normal.

Sounds like you have a defective HFL unit. Back to the dealer you go!
Old 12-17-2003, 09:23 AM
Racer

Fuque,

Have you "paired" your bluetooth phone with the HandsFreeLink system yet?

Since I have not "paired" my phone, I think the display may be different.

Thanks,
Old 12-17-2003, 09:53 AM
Advanced

Jime, I hope you get that fixed soon. I don't blame you for taking your car back so you can get the feel of it. Stay on the dealer to make the fix. But, meantime, enjoy your car. I know the feeling --I just have to get my car back from my wife.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:59 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I picked mine up from the dealer, it said REBOOTING for a LONG time at first.

it doesnt any more and it does take voice commands so I guess it is ok.

Does it EVER go off rebooting?

Mike
Old 12-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Racer

MikeRadio,

No, it never goes off REBOOTING.

Did yours ever go off REBOOTING before you paired your phone?

Thanks
Old 12-26-2003, 03:31 PM
Burning Brakes

mine never goes off REBOOTING either, and, the voice commands "phone setup" and "HandsFreeLink Help" do not work. Here I am finally with the T608 and unable to pair it to the car.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:24 PM
Racer

RJC RSX,

I plan to take my car in about Jan. 7 to see if they can repair it. If you get yours fixed let me know what the fix was.

Thanks
Old 12-26-2003, 04:44 PM
Burning Brakes

okay I just got the phone paired up...I'm so stupid. I kept pushing the navi "talk" button, totally forgetting that the BT system has its own "talk" button. The REBOOTING screen is gone now and everything works perfectly.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:12 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by RJC RSX
okay I just got the phone paired up...I'm so stupid. I kept pushing the navi "talk" button, totally forgetting that the BT system has its own "talk" button. The REBOOTING screen is gone now and everything works perfectly.

hehehe...i was going to say that because i was doing the same thing! but i thought it was too obvious:p
Old 12-27-2003, 06:12 AM
Racer

Darn!

I thought I found someone with the same problem. My HFL talk button is totally dead - no beep!

My salesman and the Service Adviser both thought I was trying to use the NAVI voice button to work the phone. Then the repair technician reported that the HFL was working properly - because he checked out the NAVI voice system.

I guess I have the only 04 TL with this problem, but I am not taking it in to be repaired for a while. My plant is shut down for two weeks (forced 2-week vacation), and I am having a blast driving my new 6-speed TL every day.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Weird...the HFL died on me today and wouldn't beep when pressed (I got the BOOTING screen again). Then it randomly returned, but i had to pair the phone again. Another thing: If the phone is off and i turn it on while the car is running, it sometimes won't detect it and I'll have to manually connect to the HFL through the phone's menus. But then sometimes it will detect it...